closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: True value of Tudor GMT on secondary market

True value of Tudor GMT on secondary market

Is £2911 as that’s what I just won an eBay auction for one for. So these aren’t going to sell for 50% above RRP unless I was super lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    What’s the UK RRP on these?

£2790 is RRP. By the time seller has paid eBay and PayPal fees he’ll be down overall assuming he paid RRP

Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    What’s the UK RRP on these?

£2790

I must admit, I didn't think these were tipped to go crazy on price. Possibly slightly over due to waiting lists, but nothing like the Harrods special edition.

Craftsman
    Fair price given the other 3 or 4 on there , lets see if it is a smooth transaction

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    £2790 is RRP. By the time seller has paid eBay and PayPal fees he’ll be down overall assuming he paid RRP

Hope it doesn't get eaten by the dog before he posts it.

There's been some £1 final value fee eBay offers recently so at best the seller will just have Paypal fees of approx £100 making him a cool £20 for his efforts.

Craftsman
    or " lost "

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Hope it doesn't get eaten by the dog before he posts it.

There's been some £1 final value fee eBay offers recently so at best the seller will just have Paypal fees of approx £100 making him a cool £20 for his efforts.
    Yeah was going to say this.

There’s also the thought it could be an employee somewhere who’s bought it at discount?

I bought a (granted much cheaper) LTD edition black Seiko the other day, 5 days old RRP of £369 bought and sold by a Watch shop employee “using his discount” and he accepted £220 for it!

Wonder if all the hype is wearing off now they are starting to be seen in a few stores? Perhaps time for the "speculators" to sell before the bubble busts.

Banned
    Is £2911 as that’s what I just won an eBay auction for one for. So these aren’t going to sell for 50% above RRP unless I was super lucky

I think you were quite lucky in price.
    Seller only has one transaction, day and time auction ended.
    I would guess around £3250 will be the going rate.imho
    Congratulations on a very nice watch.

I was watching this auction and got a notification on my phone 15 minutes before it ended. Unfortunately I was in a meeting at the time so couldn't do anything about it. I wasn't going to go about £3k for it anyway as I'm sure these will be readily available in every AD by the end of the summer.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Congrats.
    I was also watching the item and thought that the seller ended the auction early.
    OP, have you definitely won/paid?

I did wonder how a seller with only one feedback would fare and he also preferred F2F which may have limited his market.

Anyway the seller would be taking a bit of a bath after fees if it was paid by PayPal so cash on meeting will be vastly preferable to them.

I have a £2.8-£3k offer from watchfinder as I have decided not to keep mine. I will see if they follow through. Tempted by a higher price through a consignment sale but I don't want to take the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    Congrats.
    I was also watching the item and thought that the seller ended the auction early.

I did wonder how a seller with only one feedback would fare and he also preferred F2F which may have limited his market.

Anyway the seller would be taking a bit of a bath after fees if it was paid by PayPal so cash on meeting will be vastly preferable to them.

I have a £2.8-£3k offer from watchfinder as I have decided not to keep mine. I will see if they follow through. Tempted by a higher price through a consignment sale but I don't want to take the risk.
    2.8-3.0 is quite a range. Why were they not specific on rice if wAtch is under a week old?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    2.8-3.0 is quite a range. Why were they not specific on rice if wAtch is under a week old?
    No idea. Possibly waiting to see what the market does in the interim.
    I assume they always give some kind of range however I hope to get the top end.

They have the BB green for £5.25k which seems bonkers

Journeyman
    No idea. Possibly waiting to see what the market does in the interim.
    I assume they always give some kind of range however I hope to get the top end.

They have the BB green for £5.25k which seems bonkers
    They do often give a range - nothing unusual. I guess they’re just giving themselves a bit of wiggle room / managing expectations.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    £2790

I must admit, I didn't think these were tipped to go crazy on price. Possibly slightly over due to waiting lists, but nothing like the Harrods special edition.
    Thanks mate. Is that the bracelet or fabric model?

Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    Thanks mate. Is that the bracelet or fabric model?

Gmt is 2790 on bracelet and 2570 on leather

Bb58 is 2560 on bracelet and 2340 on leather

Master
    Buy a Pepsi Rolex and make £5k on it... makes sense. Buy a Tudor and make £100 on it. No sense, just let somebody buy it who wants it and save yourself some hassle.

Congrats.

Not fancy running the gauntlet of sales corner then?

I had a look round the Harrods watch market the other day and they had a green Tudor there. Maybe it was just on display.
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I had a look round the Harrods watch market the other day and they had a green Tudor there. Maybe it was just on display.
    I was there last Saturday and was told the waiting time was around a year.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Not fancy running the gauntlet of sales corner then?
    Alas not.

I would have happily listed it on SC at RRP +5-10% to see if the desire was there and taken offers, but i could not face the inevitable backlash.

It may sound pretty pathetic to try and eke £200 out of one of these but watchfinder will be selling them at £4.5k+ so it seems a shame to miss out on a slice of the pie. Or listing it at RRP and finding out it went to a hooverer who subsequently profiled on it.

Perhaps I should have offered it at RRP to one of the forum nice guys like Wayne who never profits and always passes on a bargain to the rest of us. That would have been the gentlemanly thing to do but my greed got the better of me.

What I really should have done is never buy the damn thing in the first place without being completely and utterly sure it is a keeper. I think if it had just had a blue dial to match the bezel and some mico-adjust it could have been an absolute winner for me. Re-reading some of the posts in the Pelagos, particularly after rereading sweets post on the subject http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-Double-Part-2
    Made me reconsider selling that to fund the BB. The U1 was a 40th birthday present that I am also loath to sell.

Perhaps in a year or twos time I may get a nicely wabi'd, who knows....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I was watching this auction and got a notification on my phone 15 minutes before it ended. Unfortunately I was in a meeting at the time so couldn't do anything about it. I wasn't going to go about £3k for it anyway as I'm sure these will be readily available in every AD by the end of the summer.
    I'm with you on this, they'll be readily available within a couple of months. The ones that are appearing on Ebay are not going to do much if anything over RRP. One guy has a listing in which he says he's bought 2 so is selling one as he doesn't need both. Already they can be reasonably had if you can buy 2 together.

Maybe a brand as expensive as Rolex can command premiums on new models as they are rich boys toys and have a status which is recognisable but not a mid range under £3k watch that the vast majority of the public have never heard of?

I don't think the speculators are going to be covering the cost of their time with the premiums this Tudor will command.

It's undoubtedly a super watch and one I'll be buying some time this year. Just hope I'm right and can get one.

Neil

Congrats.

I don't see any for sale on Watchfinder at the moment.

Master
    Blog Entries
    No, they are not advertised yet but they will have them incoming.
    Last edited by jmitch; 7th June 2018 at 18:51.

Tudor will sell a lot of these and I imagine not hold up sales to their AD's, I would def buy one for myself but not to try and make a few quid, this isn't going to be a limited edition and Tudor are not in the market of controlling stock like Rolex.

Once readily available I think the used market will be around £2200/£2500..

Banned
    I’m collecting mine on Sunday, also picking one up for a colleague who’s selling for £3150 if anyone here is interested in his. If so message me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I’m collecting mine on Sunday, also picking one up for a colleague who’s selling for £3150 if anyone here is interested in his. If so message me.
    I’m not saying a word.

This isn’t SC.

Alas not.

I would have happily listed it on SC at RRP +5-10% to see if the desire was there and taken offers, but i could not face the inevitable backlash.

It may sound pretty pathetic to try and eke £200 out of one of these but watchfinder will be selling them at £4.5k+ so it seems a shame to miss out on a slice of the pie. Or listing it at RRP and finding out it went to a hooverer who subsequently profiled on it.

Perhaps I should have offered it at RRP to one of the forum nice guys like Wayne who never profits and always passes on a bargain to the rest of us. That would have been the gentlemanly thing to do but my greed got the better of me.

What I really should have done is never buy the damn thing in the first place without being completely and utterly sure it is a keeper. I think if it had just had a blue dial to match the bezel and some mico-adjust it could have been an absolute winner for me. Re-reading some of the posts in the Pelagos, particularly after rereading sweets post on the subject http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-Double-Part-2
    Made me reconsider selling that to fund the BB. The U1 was a 40th birthday present that I am also loath to sell.

Perhaps in a year or twos time I may get a nicely wabi'd, who knows....
    I can understand that fully. Probably much drama 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Tudor will sell a lot of these and I imagine not hold up sales to their AD's, I would def buy one for myself but not to try and make a few quid, this isn't going to be a limited edition and Tudor are not in the market of controlling stock like Rolex.

Once readily available I think the used market will be around £2200/£2500..
    Hope so, I really want one but have no intention of paying over RRP for one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Buy a Pepsi Rolex and make £5k on it... makes sense. Buy a Tudor and make £100 on it. No sense, just let somebody buy it who wants it and save yourself some hassle.
    Agreed. Really not worth the hassle.

I wish people wouldn’t do it with Rolex, but anyone can see the temptation/ motivation to do so is much higher.

If the Tudor does command a £1,000 plus premium, I’m pretty sure it will be a short lived phenomenon and a few people that pay an inflated price might soon come to regret it...
    Assuming they have more sense than money😀

I could not care less.
    i think it is great and i am keeping mine
    Dave

As expected the seller flaked. No response now to messages when I insisted on PayPal payment (as per his advert which stated PayPal payment).

His 1 feedback rating is about to go to zero

Craftsman
    Pity as it wasn't a bad price compared with others that are listed.

Maybe the fees etc would have seem the seller lose money and they are trying to prevent the sale.

As expected the seller flaked. No response now to messages when I insisted on PayPal payment (as per his advert which stated PayPal payment).

Keep an eye on the seller. I'm betting he will relist it with a Buy it now of about £1k over rrp.

Report the account for acting in bad faith. Muahaha.

Deals back on. He was worried about being scammed via PayPal with people apparently retracting the payment but I've allayed his concerns and meeting him in an hour

I've had this happen to me (not a watch) and it really irks me. I suspect that not only has the seller gone flaky after only achieving a low price but was always flaky, deliberately setting up a new account in case of this exact scenario. They clearly had no intention of playing by the rules of an auction. The fact that messages aren't being responded to only confirms what a total pr**k they are.

Guys just new to Ebay. I can understand his concerns. Since deals back on maybe calling him a pr**k is a little OTT lol

Deals back on. He was worried about being scammed via PayPal with people apparently retracting the payment but I've allayed his concerns and meeting him in an hour
    he's letting you pay via paypal and giving the watch to you in person ? He's a fool. I have no doubt you're genuine, but that is the easiest way to scam somebody on eBay as they will have zero proof of postage or delivery. I'd certainly never do it, anything via paypal would get sent insured post.

Quote Originally Posted by rsykes2000 View Post
    he's letting you pay via paypal and giving the watch to you in person ? He's a fool. I have no doubt you're genuine, but that is the easiest way to scam somebody on eBay as they will have zero proof of postage or delivery. I'd certainly never do it, anything via paypal would get sent insured post.
    Which unless you take a video of you packaging it and posting at the post office counter would prove nothing other than you posted a box.

True value of Tudor GMT on secondary market

Et voila. WHAT a watch. It's like the old gmt master. I've also had the new Rolex Pepsi and I prefer this

Last edited by ryanb741; 7th June 2018 at 17:18.

Congrats Ryan - enjoy it!!

When your ready to move it on Ryan let me know please

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Master
    I canny see it Capt!

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    I canny see it Capt!
    It’s the dilithium crystals!

Master
    Not visible on Tapatalk.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Not visible on Tapatalk.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    I’m on desktop site and can’t see it either.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    I’m on desktop site and can’t see it either.
    Cos he’s sold it already!