closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael McIntyre Robbed.

Michael McIntyre Robbed.

Two moped riders smashed into his car with a hammer and stole his watch. I remember years ago in an interview he was asked if his new found fame (and fortune) had changed his life in any way. He said he had treated himself to a Rolex Daytona. Obviously a life in crime is no barrier to a good memory. I wasn't sure in was a good idea for him to advertise he had £6000 (then) on the end of his wrist.

Never ever have I found this guy funny, he’s made a fortune and I’m sure he’s worked hard for it, but surely we should be able to expect to pick our kids up from school and not expect to be mugged in broad daylight?
    Another example of less Police on the streets with cuts from government and there’s no way they will bother to investigate barring giving out a crime number...

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Never ever have I found this guy funny, he’s made a fortune and I’m sure he’s worked hard for it, but surely we should be able to expect to pick our kids up from school and not expect to be mugged in broad daylight?
    Another example of less Police on the streets with cuts from government and there’s no way they will bother to investigate barring giving out a crime number...
    I'm disinclined to believe any government (whatever colour) that claims you can have the same standard of service whilst reducing expenditure.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    he was in London outside the school picking his children up. Now I'm old enough to remember when there was (is?) a spate of robberies in London when opportunists snatched bags off car seats etc. i'm guessing he is sat there in his richy-rich Range Rover and the thieves either knew him or his car or just knew there would be a watch/phone/laptop in that car. But the police can't be outside every upmarket school in London. Sometimes it's just wrong place/wrong time. I once lost an IWC by wearing it in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Two moped riders smashed into his car with a hammer and stole his watch. I remember years ago in an interview he was asked if his new found fame (and fortune) had changed his life in any way. He said he had treated himself to a Rolex Daytona. Obviously a life in crime is no barrier to a good memory. I wasn't sure in was a good idea for him to advertise he had £6000 (then) on the end of his wrist.
    Sorry Russ but I don’t agree with the “not a good idea to advertise” sentiment.

The wrong here is the scrotes that do this not a successful man. You’re effectively putting part of the blame on the victim by saying it’s not a good idea to advertise.

I doubt very much they knew the story you told about him anyway, flash Range Rover outside a posh London school (I’m sure?) could have been anyone.

I guess that’s his new tour material sorted!

Wish we could stop pussy footing around with these moped gangs! Why have they been getting away with it for so long! Pathetic, soft justice system that’s why. Don’t chase them if they take their helmets off etc, should be a bonus if they fall off and have their head blow like a melon!

He did nothing wrong!

I would like to think I could start the car and run them over, but it must be a shock, the victim probably doesn't know what is going on for several seconds.

what they should do is give a mandatory 25 year sentence to anyone convicted of this type of crime, that may make them think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post

The wrong here is the scrotes that do this not a successful man. You’re effectively putting part of the blame on the victim by saying it’s not a good idea to advertise.

I doubt very much they knew the story you told about him anyway, flash Range Rover outside a posh London school (I’m sure?) could have been anyone.

Wish we could stop pussy footing around with these moped gangs! Why have they been getting away with it for so long! Pathetic, soft justice system that’s why. Don’t chase them if they take their helmets off etc, should be a bonus if they fall off and have their head blow like a melon!
    All fair points and I certainly agree that the wrong is not with the successful man. My point is however that living in the world we live in he could have perhaps managed the risk a little more wisely. Society has been trying to deal with robbers since society was invented and all manner of measures has been tried over thousands of years. What does run true is that people have been robbing other people of their stuff since the dawn of time. Nobody deserves to be the victim of such crime and I'm stopping well short of the "he was asking for it" phrase. The facts are that a very recognisable man disclosed on national television that he had a very expensive watch on the end of his arm. That might have been use to someone in the future sadly. I hope the guy is ok and I hope the scumballs who robbed him get caught.

Master

All fair points and I certainly agree that the wrong is not with the successful man. My point is however that living in the world we live in he could have perhaps managed the risk a little more wisely. Society has been trying to deal with robbers since society was invented and all manner of measures has been tried over thousands of years. What does run true is that people have been robbing other people of their stuff since the dawn of time. Nobody deserves to be the victim of such crime and I'm stopping well short of the "he was asking for it" phrase. The facts are that a very recognisable man disclosed on national television that he had a very expensive watch on the end of his arm. That might have been use to someone in the future sadly. I hope the guy is ok and I hope the scumballs who robbed him get caught.
    Yep understood but where do you stop? I’d imagine they initially saw the new Range Rover and assumed a ‘good’ victim would be in there. What more advertising can you get than being a target in an expensive car? Should we all drive old bangers because we’re advertising wealth by driving a nice car?

I just can’t justify anything they’ve done by saying the victim shouldn’t have once said he treated himself to a nice Watch after being successful.

Pure and simple, it’s the robbers to blame 100%

And I’m sure even scrotes don’t need to be told on TV that a very rich man may be wearing a nice watch, it’s kind of a given. But I can’t put these two things together, it can only be chance. That TV watch thing was years ago wasn’t it? The kids were probably still watching ‘in the night garden’ when that went out!
    Last edited by jameswrx; 5th June 2018 at 10:47.

Totally agree. There is only one way to direct the blame here. Over 60 reported moped crimes every day in one city! It's out of control for sure and soft measures don't work and are part of the problem. We are far too soft on all crime in this country, and we're so afraid to call it out for what it is. I can speak from personal experience (not me btw) of just how much crime it takes to get caught, and then how much crime it takes to get prison..... in the example I'm talking about it was 65 crimes including burglary, violence and car theft before time was served, and in the end that was just 6 months jail. We are making crime pay by being too soft, and we as society and victims are paying the price.

the moped guys probably didn't even know who he was - they just knew they'd be rich pickings on the school run by type of car and by actually spotting the watch on the wrist
    (they can spot real watches riding past on a moped quicker than we can spot fakes on a forum after much deliberation and zooming into the pics)

Master
    In Barnet (where Golders Green where this happened is a part of) some local police stations have been shutdown and consolidated to Collingdale. This is apparently part of Sadiq Khan's Met savings. I even had this out with the Conservative leader of the council when they came canvassing for the local elections and the council (so he said) tried to stop it. The problem is it is a big borough and Collingdale is in one corner of it so not even centralised to provide equal access. Mind you the same thing has happened with the hospitals which for where I live worked out ok for me and crap for others.

As said, above it was probably the faceless owner of a £120K Range Rover that was being targetted as much as anything. Luckily he did not have his kids with him at the time. 2017 saw moped crimes rocket in London. You can see them here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44045128 but that particular area (NW11 7RL) is not one of the hotspots for it.

Saw picture of this in The Sun this morning. Shows the passenger window of the RR damaged but not shattered, so not sure how they got the watch. Can only assume he opened the door to give it to them.

I wonder what watch Sadiq Khan wears?

Something has to give, there was a stabbing in Chelmsford yesterday at 11.30 in the morning. Some twat running around with a 10 inch blade. Anyone acting like this or robbing from a moped deserves shooting in my book. We need to man up as a society and tell this weak livered government we're not having it. More Plod and stiffer penalties and the odd public flogging please!

Yep understood but where do you stop? I’d imagine they initially saw the new Range Rover and assumed a ‘good’ victim would be in there. What more advertising can you get than being a target in an expensive car? Should we all drive old bangers because we’re advertising wealth by driving a nice car?

I just can’t justify anything they’ve done by saying the victim shouldn’t have once said he treated himself to a nice Watch after being successful.

Pure and simple, it’s the robbers to blame 100%

And I’m sure even scrotes don’t need to be told on TV that a very rich man may be wearing a nice watch, it’s kind of a given. But I can’t put these two things together, it can only be chance. That TV watch thing was years ago wasn’t it? The kids were probably still watching ‘in the night garden’ when that went out!
    Yes it was years ago and could be totally unconnected to this incident. The robbers are 100% to blame too. It's sad that some things like this happen and decent people fall victim to it. People can find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time as said already and there isn't much they could have done about it. It pays (certainly in Manchester) to be streetwise. Sometimes the best you can do is make yourself a harder target than the next guy and yes I drive an old enough car so as not to attract any attention. I live half a mile away from the poor guy in Chorlton that was murdered for his car. That wasn't his fault either, but now he's sadly no longer here.

From the BBC website:

Local residents spoke to BBC London following the robbery.

One woman, who did not want to be named, said: "I've lived here for years, and normally the trouble is down the other end of the road towards Hampstead."

She said Hampstead seemed to be increasingly targeted because it is a wealthy area.

But another resident, who has lived on the leafy road for 30 years, said: "I'm not worried because I don't wear a Rolex and don't drive around in a Range Rover."
    Last edited by Russ; 5th June 2018 at 12:30.

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    I wonder what watch Sadiq Khan wears?
    Relevance?

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Relevance?
    If he wears a Rolex and drives a nice car he could be one of the 60 a day.

If he wears a Rolex and drives a nice car he could be one of the 60 a day.
    If it can happen to Michael McIntyre it can happen to anyone. How long before it happens to someone in power?

Master
    Blog Entries
    If it can happen to Michael McIntyre it can happen to anyone. How long before it happens to someone in power?
    Bizarre.

Must be a horrible experience. Hope he's ok.

Hello

Not a fan of his comedy but a horrific thing to happen anywhere let alone outside a school. You should be able to be in public without fear of having these feral scum come along and
    do this sort of thing.

I hope they fall off their mopeds and are dragged face first for a number of miles on some extremely rough / sharp / then newly paid and boiling hot tarmac!

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post

the faceless owner of a £120K Range Rover
    Jeeeez, is that how much they are now ??

I don't live in London, but travel there a lot for work. Having been twice in the last week, and seen two separate incidents that have made me feel extremely uncomfortable, I can tell you I won't be wearing an expensive piece when I visit any more.

Last Wednesday in Camden, I saw a man attacked by another with a knife, at 10am outside the station, and then today in Highgate, two people clad in black clinging to a speeding moped doing a u-turn in front of my car, with strings of jewellery hanging off their arms, again around 10am.

It's becoming an increasingly dangerous place to be, let alone live, it seems...

Craftsman

Lightbulb

This is apparently part of Sadiq Khan's Met savings.
    I'm pretty sure it was the our ever wise and forward thinking Tory government (*cough*) who cut the funding to the Met, not Sadiq Khan.
    He even highlighted dangers of underfunding the force not that long ago, back in Jan - https://www.london.gov.uk/press-rele...e-funding-cuts

Quote Originally Posted by mutanthands View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was the our ever wise and forward thinking Tory government (*cough*) who cut the funding to the Met, not Sadiq Khan.
    He even highlighted dangers of underfunding the force not that long ago, back in Jan - https://www.london.gov.uk/press-rele...e-funding-cuts
    Yes but isn't he a brown person?

n2

Master
    Blog Entries
    No one expects to get robbed picking up kids from school,if that’s what we’ve come to it’s time this useless government did something.

See another moped mugging in London has happened tonight, the victim got punched to the ground and is now fighting for her life...

Blog Entries
    This is apparently part of Sadiq Khan's Met savings. I even had this out with the Conservative leader of the council when they came canvassing for the local elections and the council (so he said) tried to stop it.
    Of course they did.....I mean they wouldn't exactly admit that their own party/government made the cuts when there is a perfectly placed scapegoat!

Anyway, that's dangerously close to politics for the G&D.

Master
    I’ve taken this view before but you do have to temper the media focus with some tangible facts, the latest fingers I can find are for 2010-11 and indicate 4.4 robberies per 1000 (with a ~8m population people this is around 35,000 robberies) this is including those against companies & burglary, the peak seems to be 7.1 in 2001-2.

If this is compared to the UK annual deaths from heart related disease at 315,000 it a significantly higher figure but less news worthy...

Please stay safe out there and remember that includes eating well, exercising as well as asking if wearing the Rolex is the right thing to do....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I’ve taken this view before but you do have to temper the media focus with some tangible facts, the latest fingers I can find are for 2010-11 and indicate 4.4 robberies per 1000 (with a ~8m population people this is around 35,000 robberies) this is including those against companies & burglary, the peak seems to be 7.1 in 2001-2.

If this is compared to the UK annual deaths from heart related disease at 315,000 it a significantly higher figure but less news worthy...

Please stay safe out there and remember that includes eating well, exercising as well as asking if wearing the Rolex is the right thing to do....
    Wise words. The real things to worry about are the tragic events that are so common that they don't get reported

Master
    Blog Entries
    I heard WOS in London got done over by scumbags on bikes yesterday, only caught the tail end of it on the news

Master

Michael McIntyre Robbed.

Last edited by Volvomanuk; 6th June 2018 at 06:15.

Craftsman

The Met are in the process of changing their own rules and pursuit drivers are now being authorised to give chase whatever these scrotes do.

Another example of Police cuts: My pal had his car broken into whilst on his drive. His Ring door bell picked up the movement and my pal saw it happening as he was watching TV so he went outside and chased the scumbag off. Police didn't want to know. Two weeks later exactly the same scenario only he chased the scum a bit further with a baseball bat and nearly caught him. A neighbour had called the Police and out they came to give my pal a lecture on assault etc. If that isn't bad enough my pal complained that they hadn't come out two weeks earlier, attending plod then explained that during that week they only had 23 officers on the streets in our borough. We live in Hillingdon which is one of the biggest boroughs in London.

It's a free for all for criminals in London, the chances of them getting caught are very low and they know it.

Master
    I think one of these would be a good deterrent.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could have been worse, if this news story is anything to go by;
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...000-Rolex.html

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Volvomanuk View Post
    That’s bloody horrible.........

Looks alone would be a deterrent with that car! Thieves might worry that they’d catch the ugly bug

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Looks alone would be a deterrent with that car! Thieves might worry that they’d catch the ugly bug
    I tested it on gravel before I bought it, passed with flying colours.

Then the saleswomen did a couple 0-120 as 60 is all over in a flash, we did that at Crewe just before the complimentary factory tour.

Sent from my Bentley with optional security glass.

Craftsman
    In Barnet (where Golders Green where this happened is a part of) some local police stations have been shutdown and consolidated to Collingdale. This is apparently part of Sadiq Khan's Met savings. I even had this out with the Conservative leader of the council when they came canvassing for the local elections and the council (so he said) tried to stop it. The problem is it is a big borough and Collingdale is in one corner of it so not even centralised to provide equal access. Mind you the same thing has happened with the hospitals which for where I live worked out ok for me and crap for others.

As said, above it was probably the faceless owner of a £120K Range Rover that was being targetted as much as anything. Luckily he did not have his kids with him at the time. 2017 saw moped crimes rocket in London. You can see them here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44045128 but that particular area (NW11 7RL) is not one of the hotspots for it.
    Plenty of police stations shut down in Barnet before Sadiq came along. The problem is chronic underfunding.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I tested it on gravel before I bought it, passed with flying colours.

Then the saleswomen did a couple 0-120 as 60 is all over in a flash, we did that at Crewe just before the complimentary factory tour.

We’ll have the next MCGTG in your boot. We should be safe as houses! Just make sure you have enough beer in the glovebox.

Master

Michael McIntyre Robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    We’ll have the next MCGTG in your boot. We should be safe as houses! Just make sure you have enough beer in the glovebox.

Will do Kirk.

Well said, I’ve no time for liberal snowflakes, they are anathema to me. I wear my Rolex wherever I chose, if some scrote should try and steel it they can expect to end up under my car. Don’t blame the victim, the scum doing the thieving need to know they are accountable for their actions. This may be an unpopular view but you reap what you sow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Well said, I’ve no time for liberal snowflakes, they are anathema to me. I wear my Rolex wherever I chose, if some scrote should try and steel it they can expect to end up under my car. Don’t blame the victim, the scum doing the thieving need to know they are accountable for their actions. This may be an unpopular view but you reap what you sow.
    As is often the case when people take action against perpetrators or simply use reasonable force it would be you that ended up doing time for attempted murder or whatever crime they decided you had committed.
    I would recommend asking to be allocated to the VP (vulnerable prisoners) wing rather than the general prison population.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    As is often the case when people take action against perpetrators or simply use reasonable force it would be you that ended up doing time for attempted murder or whatever crime they decided you had committed.
    I would recommend asking to be allocated to the VP (vulnerable prisoners) wing rather than the general prison population.
    Whilst this has certainly been the case in the past, I wonder if, in light of increased violent robberies and stabbing etc that courts and judges would have more sympathy and take a broader view for the reasonable force in self defence argument. As seen recently when that burglar was killed.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Whilst this has certainly been the case in the past, I wonder if, in light of increased violent robberies and stabbing etc that courts and judges would have more sympathy and take a broader view for the reasonable force in self defence argument. As seen recently when that burglar was killed.
    I cannot envisage a realistic scenario whereby running over someone attempting to steal your watch would be considered reasonable force in self defence. The only defence that might stand a chance is of having panicked and driven over the robber by accident, I would imagine.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I can’t imagine that most of us could actually deliberately run someone over. I’m pretty sure that my conscience would kick in and I’d back off before actually hitting confine with my car.

It’s easy to say you would but far more difficult to actually do so; if really does go against most people’s natural instinct.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I can’t imagine that most of us could actually deliberately run someone over. I’m pretty sure that my conscience would kick in and I’d back off before actually hitting confine with my car.

It’s easy to say you would but far more difficult to actually do so; if really does go against most people’s natural instinct.
    Just watch some YouTube vids of these clowns in action, you’ll soon change your mind.

Funnily enough I was at a friend’s yesterday, he’s not a WIS but does own a Breitling. I asked if he’d heard about the London thefts and he said “yes and I won’t wear my watch up there anymore”

I was quite surprised to hear that and gave him my opinion that it’s a sad day when you are going to react that way.

If one of those kids was waving a hammer at me they’d have me flying at them (leg first to knock them off balance) might take a whack to the leg but it’d be worth it to grapple one of the scum.

There’s a vid on YT where a couple of blokes caught one with a hammer, he was getting a good bit of justice and screaming like a girl.

Just watch some YouTube vids of these clowns in action, you’ll soon change your mind.
    In the heat of the moment I could imagine someone running another person over.

Doesn't change the fact that it could see you in prison and rueing your action for the rest of your life though.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

Run someone over and you could be facing jail time. In the words of Bruce hornsby, that's just the way it is.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I cannot envisage a realistic scenario whereby running over someone attempting to steal your watch would be considered reasonable force in self defence. The only defence that might stand a chance is of having panicked and driven over the robber by accident, I would imagine.

R
    You have your kids in the car and some lunatic starts trying to smash your car window in with an iron bar. My first thought would be for the safety of me and my family and I would act accordingly. I am fairly sure I wouldn’t be thinking ‘oh well he only wants my watch, better let him do what he wants’. Someone comes at me and my family with violence and god knows what intent I am fairly sure I would just react.

Also I wonder what would be ‘reasonable force’? Shouting? Insults? A light tap on the head?? World gone mad......

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

R
    I do understand that, I was just wondering if in light of recent events, the reasonable force in self defence ‘spectrum’ might be extended a bit in the eyes of the authorities, if gun crime for example is becoming more prevalent then you could be forgiven for more robust action by saying you had seen one.
    Cheers..
    Jase