closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Amy

Blog Entries

Amy

Cat of 14 years taken to the vet this afternoon with a limp and a lump on the hip. Tomorrow at 08.30 I have to take her back for anaesthesia and examination and biopsy. Vet thinks it is a tumour on the hip and the likely end result is putting her to sleep. I like to think I am a hard-nosed SOAB, but I have fed, watered and fussed this cat since she was a kitten but like SWMBO and my daughter I am currently in bits. Bastard! Sorry, just wanted to share.
    Last edited by KavKav; 4th June 2018 at 22:02.

Blog Entries
    Hang in there dude.

I know how harsh it is... but this cat has had a great life regardless.. in your charge.

Hope that you get a good diagnosis though... thoughts to you.

Greg.

Blog Entries
    I feel your pain I've shed more tears over animals than anything , I massive internet bro hug fella

You've looked after each other for a few years and had the benefit of a loving friend, our terrier hasn't many more months left and we're going to be heart broken, we'll get through as will you, stay strong.

n2
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

So sorry to hear that - sadly it comes to us all. Try to take solace in the beautiful memories and times you have shared.

[We put our cat of 20 years down last year and our dog 2 years before that - other than my mum's death, the only times I've cried.]

Blog Entries
    Thank you.

Master
    Funny how our furry friends become so ingrained in our lives, hope the vets miss diagnosed this, I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Took our 15 year old cat to the vet with similar, vet said kindest thing would be put him down but if I wanted I could take him home for one last night. Absolutely no way I would have been in any fit state to take him back the next day knowing what would be done so I opted to do the best there and then.

We currently have his younger brother still with us at the tender age of 17, not a clue what we’ll be like when he passes, we had him longer than my son!

Master
    Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear this. Pets are members of the family and I know how much love and affection we feel for them. Doing the kind thing for them is so tough but as has been said, remember the good life you gave Amy.

With best wishes

Jon

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm so very sorry kav.
    It's a day I dread.

Sorry to hear this Tom. I hope you get good news today and she comes home with you 🤞

I've also been there and it ain't no fun.

All the best mate

Dave
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear that mate, been through it twice now and my old female cat is now 16 and is looking old, we will all be in bits when the time comes, especially my 8 year old daughter who luckily has not experienced going through it yet.
    I've always replaced mine after a period of mourning to help the mood of the house but we've never forgotten those that we've lost.

Blog Entries
    Update.

Vet telephoned me lunchtime and said Amy is stable and currently recovering from the anaesthetic, I will be picking her up at 17.20 today. The biopsy samples will take a couple of days for the results to be available. I asked the vet if she was willing to offer a opinion based on the examination and the x-rays and she said that she thought it was likely to be a tumour and equally likely to be inoperable. If it is confirmed then I will have her put to sleep, she has had a cracking innings and I will not see her suffer. On tenterhooks now waiting for the results and I will update this thread when received.

I deeply appreciate the very kind comments posted, thank you all very much.
    Last edited by KavKav; 5th June 2018 at 15:57.

So sorry to hear this. I've lost a few cats over the years & it's heart breaking.

She had a great life with you & that's the important part.

Take care.

Dave

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. Pets are wonderful but not without the responsibility to take some difficult decisions sometimes. Just think of the good life she’s had and it’ll make it easier should the news not be as hoped.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ETCHY View Post
    So sorry to hear this. I've lost a few cats over the years & it's heart breaking.

She had a great life with you & that's the important part.

Take care.

Dave
    lots of kind words for you OP on this thread, the one I quoted sums it up for me... never gets easy to make that last trip and act of kindness...
    all the best,

Its something i truly dread i have two cats i really feel for You Kav it is the most awful feeling you are in My thoughts.

Sorry kav. I don't know how I'd cope with the same. At least she's been happy with you. F*k.

There's not much anyone can say that would make you feel better but I'd echo what others have posted and say how sorry I am, and that you have the right attitude in that you don't want Amy to suffer. We made that mistake with our dog by not being able to let go sooner but we learned from it and when our cat years later was in a similar position we took the decision to stop her pain. It's one of the hardest moments in life and only animal lovers will appreciate the sadness and emptiness we feel.

The main thing is that she lived a great life and a long one and was very much loved by your family. Take care.

Journeyman
    We've had cats and quite a few dogs and I feel your pain. Its agony letting them go but as one of the vets said, better to let them go a day early than a day late.
    We lost one of our dogs at just 7 years old due to chronic liver disease. That was back in January. It's still an open wound in my heart and still shed a tear for her from time to time. Being a hard nosed SOAB is overrated in my view.

Blog Entries
    Latest.
    The lump is a inoperable tumour and I have been given painkillers for her although she does not appear unduly distressed. Gutted youngest daughter up from Stevenage this evening to say goodbye as the parting of the ways is on Saturday morning. A good glug of Reme and a few beers this evening, feeling absolute shit. That cat and myself have always rubbed along exceptionally well, I know it sounds nonsense but I am losing a very good mate.
    Last edited by KavKav; 7th June 2018 at 22:17.

Master
    That's not daft at all, I love my 2 cats to bits and know their wee personalities inside out.

I was crying in the bloody vets when we had to get our Persian put down.

The vet was about 25 years old and about 9 stone soaking wet. There's me, standing there, 6'5”, 18 stone, with my big fluffy white Cat, blubbering like a school girl.

Awkward moment.

Feel for you mate, it's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Latest.
    The lump is a inoperable tumour and I have been given painkillers for her although she does not appear unduly distressed. Gutted youngest daughter up from Stevenage this evening to say goodbye as the parting of the ways is on Saturday morning. A good glug of Reme and a few beers this evening, feeling absolute shit. That cat and myself have always rubbed along exceptionally well, I know it sounds nonsense but I am losing a very good mate.
    Feel for you, really do, our old Terrier is asleep alongside me and he's now blind and pretty much deaf, heartbreak ahead, we give them comfort, food and love, they give love, laughs and happiness in return.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Feel for you. So sorry to hear that. The love we give our pets and the way we get to know them, no wonder we are upset. They become an integral part of our lives. They are family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From your posts, you have been through a lot.

Stay strong.

So sorry to hear mate...I type with my 3 year old dog on my lap and would be gutted if I was to lose her...my second daughter...thoughts with you and the family

Master
    Feel for you Kev, make sure Amy gets all the prawns and tuna she can and enjoy the last days as best you can.

Must dash I’ve something in my eye...

Latest.
    Its nonsense its genuine affection for a family member i'm afraid there's nothing I can add to ease Your pain and hurt its heart wrenching to go through this I will be thinking of You tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Feel for you Kev, make sure Amy gets all the prawns and tuna she can and enjoy the last days as best you can.

Must dash I’ve something in my eye...
    That is a quite remarkable post, given that I have just watched her tucking into a dish of tuna and prawns, really!!!

The slot is booked for 12.50pm tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    What a great bunch of people! I will tell you this, the support and sympathy I have had from you chaps has really helped, I seriously appreciate it, thank you all.

Hang in there Kav, you have my deepest sympathy. Last year my little cat had a seizure, I was a wreck and took three days off work and would barely let him out of my sight. After lots of tests etc the RVC said it’s his heart and gave a prognosis, he’s still going strong to this day 18 months later, recently I’ve been suffering with anxiety and depression and my counsellor had to give me a talking to getting me to accept he will die but acknowledge he will have been loved and has led a happy life, crazy as it may seem, I am now feeling better (other factors led to my depression but the thought of losing Max truly terrifies me). Again mate, just take comfort in knowing your cat has led a happy life and been loved by a great family. All the best.

Latest.
    It doesn't sound nonsense to me, they become a part of the family so you care about them & when that awful time comes for them to leave you, you mourn their passing.

You're doing the right thing by your friend, take comfort in that.

Take care

Dave

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ETCHY View Post
    It doesn't sound nonsense to me, they become a part of the family so you care about them & when that awful time comes for them to leave you, you mourn their passing.

You're doing the right thing by your friend, take comfort in that.

Take care

Dave
    Thanks Dave. First of the two major hurdles cleared, was out this morning at 7.00 digging the grave in one of her favourite spots in the garden. Second hurdle is at 12.50 at the vets. Off to the garden centre now to get some topsoil and a large slab. Brass plaque ordered with wording of daughters choice. A very unhappy house here this morning.

Again, my sincere thanks for all of the sympathetic posts, you guys HAVE helped and I will remember it.

Thoughts with you today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never had pets as a kid or an adult. I didn't seen the attraction, and admit on occasion to having quite a negative view of them and often their owners.
    6 weeks ago we got a kitten, and reading your thread for the 1st time I feel a profound sympathy for your imminent position.
    I'm still not a fully converted pet lover, but the affection you can build for these little critters is very powerful.
    I hope today is not too traumatic for you and your family.
    Chin up fella.

Take care of yourself and your family today. Regards and sympathy.
    J

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Thanks Dave. First of the two major hurdles cleared, was out this morning at 7.00 digging the grave in one of her favourite spots in the garden. Second hurdle is at 12.50 at the vets. Off to the garden centre now to get some topsoil and a large slab. Brass plaque ordered with wording of daughters choice. A very unhappy house here this morning.

Again, my sincere thanks for all of the sympathetic posts, you guys HAVE helped and I will remember it.
    Really thinking of You My Dear Friend take care.

Feel for you mate, really do 😢

The hardest thing I've ever done was was taking our beloved dog to her last appointment at the vet. It was a similar situation to yours in the regard that it was surely the right thing to do. Still it brings tears to my eyes now, four years after. Here's to a good life had! Take care, try to find comfort where ever you can.

All the best,
    Antti

I've had 2 cats put down in the last 9 months, one with a tumour and one with anti-freeze poisoning. It hurt like hell each time.

I know what you're going through and it will pass but never completely.

RIP Jasper

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries
    Thanks Eddie, today has been hard, very very hard! Amy is in the ground now with as much ceremony as we could muster. Memories will be all happy ones. Thank you guys.

Tough times mate ... been there a few times over the years with dogs and its absolutely heartbreaking, I feel your pain :(

So sorry for your loss, it's never easy losing a beloved pet and fun friend.
    Keep the happy memories at the front of your mind, I find it helps ease the pain a little.

All the best.

Amy

Kav, my thoughts and sympathies are with you.

We had our eldest Lab put to sleep last year and, try as I might not to, I cried my eyes out. I had such happy memories of her. She was a wonderful Lab and - despite being a cantankerous old thing towards the end - as honest as the day is long.

I comfort myself that she had a wonderful life and enjoyed the best of company. It sounds like Amy enjoyed just the same.

After many years and many dogs, it never gets any easier.

So sorry to hear this it never gets any easier, remember all the good times, I'm sure she had a wonderful life with loving caring owners.

Best wishes to you & family take care.

Pete.

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear fella.

The cat was a lucky cat to have you. And you was lucky to have a great cat.

Sad times but some wonderful reflection to be had once you settle down.

All the best mate.

Master
    Blog Entries
    You’re part of a prestigious club and one to be proud of - caring pet owners.

KYPU KK

Jim

Master
    Blog Entries
    So sorry it turned out this way but glad you're focusing on the happy memories. Wishing you and your family well.

Jon