closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2018 Mk 6 Polo GTi...has anyone seen or driven one?

Master

2018 Mk 6 Polo GTi...has anyone seen or driven one?

Im interested in the new Mk 6 Polo GTi, has anyone seen one or even had a drive in one?

Would be really interested to hear anyones feedback from what they are like to drive, especially against the Golf 7.5 GTi!

Cheers

Master
    I don’t think they’ve really landed here yet have they?

There’s a write up in the latest Volkswagen Dtiver mag (it’s available online to buy) where it’s driven alongside the UP! GTI and Golf 7.5 GTI which might be of interest?

I owned the 6R version of the GTI, and it was a fine fun car, but dynamically a little behind the Golf GTI of the same period. I can’t imagine VW will have let the Polo eclipse their flagship this time around either.

I think the latest version of the Polo GTI looks the best one yet though.

They do look quite nice. I’d probably just go for a Golf though, probably not far apart money wise with discounts available on Golf.
    Last edited by -Ally-; 4th June 2018 at 19:24.

A friend of mine has a new Polo (not a GTi) and VW and Autoglass haven't been able to replace her cracked windscreen for 2 months - Seems "They're aren't any yet!"

M

Seem to recall from lease thread on Pistonheads no demos available until July, and 30 week lead in time for orders, so hope you're not in a rush.

Cheap interior compared to the golf.

I wanted to like it more.

I'll probably buy another golf.

Australia has a Golf GTI Original, which works out around £20-21k, over there, with discounts for a manual version.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Seem to recall from lease thread on Pistonheads no demos available until July, and 30 week lead in time for orders, so hope you're not in a rush.
    Yeh that is the sort of answer im getting from the sales guys. 7-8 month wait is a little crazy, wonder if there is a bit of hype to that?

Quote Originally Posted by pembers View Post
    Yeh that is the sort of answer im getting from the sales guys. 7-8 month wait is a little crazy, wonder if there is a bit of hype to that?
    I expect the dealer will insist on keeping the service book as well. And those paper mats they put in the footwells.

I blame Rolex.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    Well I got a call from Milton Keynes VW as they just got a polo gti in, then I got a call from Aylesbury VW saying they also had one in!

Had a test drive yesterday afternoon, exactly what I thought and hoped it would be. Really good fun, popped on the over-run, was quite loud, and quick!

Still holding off for now, but its top of the list if I do swap.

Craftsman
    I’d rather have the i30N at that price point but Volkswizard has recently reviewed it online via You Tube.