closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another UK Pepsi Incoming

Master
    tried one on today, seems quite a few were delivered this week in europe. great watch at RRP, but not worth a premium and I suspect Rolex are working hard on a new bezel with more vibrant colours.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    and I suspect Rolex are working hard on a new bezel with more vibrant colours.
    I find that hard to believe. If that was the case they’d have sorted it before the steel Pepsi came out considering the WG Pepsi has had the exact same bezel for the last 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Does that necessarily mean that every AD in the country would have got one on June 1st?
    Obviously I can’t say for sure, but it’d be a bit weird to have a watch launch date then not supply ADs with said watch.

I know a few staff at Aurum stores and they’ve all had two so far, and on speaking to a couple of independent ADs earlier in June, they’d all had theirs ready to go out on 1st June.

Sadly I don’t have time to quiz every AD in the country, but I’m pretty sure every UK AD has seen at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    tried one on today, seems quite a few were delivered this week in europe. great watch at RRP, but not worth a premium and I suspect Rolex are working hard on a new bezel with more vibrant colours.
    Pretty sure they will have been happy with the colour before releasing it.

Craftsman

The only issue is maybe the way some AD's go about it. Maybe they should be honest and say 'you're 3rd on the list', 'you're 23rd on the list, or 'sorry fella you haven't made the list'? I'd rather hear that myself but they would be shot down for that as well, so I guess most of them say nothing. I'm yet to see of any AD making everyone happy.
    Tbh you’d be hard pushed to get an ad to tell you what place you are, unless you are definitely in the next “chosen few”.

I had a frank discussion with a goldsmiths staff member and they confirmed, as has been suggested, that they do prioritise based on how valuable each customer is and of course this means the order can be quite liquid. It was suggested each branch basically decides who is going to get the next 3 out of everyone on the “list” so everyone else is just in the pool, waiting to be selected st some point in the future.

This is for stuff like the Rolex Pepsi where demand could outstrip supply for years.

Another more “local ad” was courteous enough to tell me I hadn’t made their premier league list, but I’m a reserve!!

Other stuff like the Tudor gmt is generally on a first come first served basis. Ie stuff they expect to fulfil demand fairly quickly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Pretty sure they will have been happy with the colour before releasing it.
    Like they were with the shade of green on the 16610LV insert or dial of 116613LB?

we'll see :)

Master
    Well, at the rate my AD is receiving them, I might get the mk2

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    Sadly I don’t have time to quiz every AD in the country, but I’m pretty sure every UK AD has seen at least one.
    My AD had one which I had a look at.

Not sure if it was this thread but someone posted that they collected theirs and the AD has two others waiting to be picked up! Must be a seriously successful AD, that one!

Craftsman
    The problem is (and I'm not defending AD's but trying to see it from a business point) they all have X amount of good customers to divide between Y amount of desirable watches (X maybe being 100 and Y being 5 say). In short they can't please everyone, in fact they can hardly please anyone! Rolex have decided on this business model and that's the way it is.

I'm hoping for one, I asked back in March and was told maybe around August. I knew (or guessed) that it means I'm not 1st, who knows maybe I won't be 2nd or 3rd. I'll wait and see. They got me the 116500 white as soon as it came out, among others so to be fair to them they've looked after me.

The only issue is maybe the way some AD's go about it. Maybe they should be honest and say 'you're 3rd on the list', 'you're 23rd on the list, or 'sorry fella you haven't made the list'? I'd rather hear that myself but they would be shot down for that as well, so I guess most of them say nothing. I'm yet to see of any AD making everyone happy.

I appreciate the point you’ve made but ,

I was told they wouldn’t take speculative orders until the new watches had been officially announced .

I rang up within minutes of them being announced to be told I would have to come into the branch to express an interest.

As it happens I went into the branch within half an hour by chance I was in town anyway, I was met and that was it , no confirmation, and refused to take a deposit.

I’ve been in a few times since , no news , can’t tell you when but don’t worry.

Last time I went in , I was told that two had been collected and I was third and would definitely get one before September.

I put my point across politely but firmly, the reply I got was waffle and frankly bullshit.

My purchase record with that branch is ,

WF Daytona
    Sea Dweller
    Yellow gold ladies day date.
    Blnr
    BF Daytona
    Rhodium dial YM

All of which I still own .

Plus Rolex services and extra links through them.

And they insisted I came in to “ express an interest “

Blame Rolex as much as you like on the supply chain , but customer service leaves a lot to be desired in this particular instance.

“ develop a relationship with your AD “ how many time have I read that on here ?

Don’t make me laugh.

Master
    Esquire magazine doesnt think there is a supply issue

https://www.esquireme.com/content/28...se-of-the-year

Master
    Would have thought purchase history like that would get you a good ‘leg up” the list! Is the SD an SD50 because obviously you’d have to be privileged to get one of those.

Having said that, when I was invited to a Basel 2017 evening and from talking to other people realised there are some customers of my AD who must be absolutely loaded! And where I live isn’t obviously affluent.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    My purchase record with that branch is ,

WF Daytona
    Sea Dweller
    Yellow gold ladies day date.
    Blnr
    BF Daytona
    Rhodium dial YM

All of which I still own .

Plus Rolex services and extra links through them.

Awesome looking buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Potential buyers

Just a heads up for any potential buyers who are looking for the new Pepsi but can no longer wait for an AD one to appear.

Watch club have just taken delivery of one into stock with a disgusting £10000 mark up over RRP, yes it can be yours now for £17000. I normally find the Watch club prices staggering as I know how low their buy in prices are but this has to be one of the most revolting mark ups I have ever seen.

How Rolex believes that these kind of mark ups help there brand image or relays exclusivity in the luxury market, fails for me.

Unreal, but someone will buy it. Bet it's gone by the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Just a heads up for any potential buyers who are looking for the new Pepsi but can no longer wait for an AD one to appear.

Watch club have just taken delivery of one into stock with a disgusting £10000 mark up over RRP, yes it can be yours now for £17000. I normally find the Watch club prices staggering as I know how low their buy in prices are but this has to be one of the most revolting mark ups I have ever seen.

How Rolex believes that these kind of mark ups help there brand image or relays exclusivity in the luxury market, fails for me.
    I thought complaining about Watch Club was George's schtick?

Craftsman

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

For sure, someone will pick it up.

If Blnr or Hulks had been trading at £17/18k by the dealers when they were originally released, buyers would probably have told them to F.Off but now we are in a place we’re we just roll our eyes and shrug our shoulders with the usual line of market forces etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Correct! Looks like it sold today, crazy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    It won't be their mark up though will it? They will have probably paid 13k or 14k maybe. Who knows 15k possibly.

David SW in the U.S. is selling for similar.

And no I wouldn't pay it, but someone will.

I was first in the branch as requested to “ express an interest “ ,they wouldn’t take a deposit, wouldn’t admit to a list of any kind but as a known good customer I was ok because I was first in the shop.

Fast forward to last week , the salesperson looked vague and started waffling , it turns out that two have been delivered to customers, but I’m definitely next on the list and should get mine by September.

Forget about Rolex and their weird supply chain issues , this is an example of extremely poor customer service by a National retailer to a customer of many years standing.

Goldsmiths, you need to have a good look at what’s happening at branch level and stop blaming Rolex for your inadequate customer service.
    Perhaps you don’t spend enough?!

Craftsman
    Another for sale at Xupes, £13,995 is as low as they will go...

Master
    Got a call at 9:30 this morning...

By 11:00 I was at the dealer collecting this.. chuffed to bits with it.👍👍

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post

By 11:00 I was at the dealer collecting this.. chuffed to bits with it.

Beautiful- congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Congrats to all of you! These PEPSIs look amazing! Imo when it comes to lively colors and sporty lines GMT watches are some of the best out there

Master
    I was first in the branch as requested to “ express an interest “ ,they wouldn’t take a deposit, wouldn’t admit to a list of any kind but as a known good customer I was ok because I was first in the shop. ... Goldsmiths, you need to have a good look at what’s happening at branch level and stop blaming Rolex for your inadequate customer service.

I thought I'd read that Goldsmiths/Aurum Group now maintained what lists they have at Head Office level. Still doesn't answer the question exactly how they decide who gets what but maybe it's out of the hands of the branches.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I thought I'd read that Goldsmiths/Aurum Group now maintained what lists they have at Head Office level. Still doesn't answer the question exactly how they decide who gets what but maybe it's out of the hands of the branches.
    I think the branches have a big say in whom gets what.
    This one came from M&W, I was early on the list and was specifically told I’d get the second watch when it came in.... This was the second watch. Same thing happened with my SD43, I was told I was 4th on the list, and apparently I got the 4th watch to arrive with them..

I have bought other watches from the same AD, and I often call in for a chat and a coffee if I’m in town...

Master
    I think the branches have a big say in whom gets what.
    This one came from M&W, I was early on the list and was specifically told I’d get the second watch when it came in.... This was the second watch. Same thing happened with my SD43, I was told I was 4th on the list, and apparently I got the 4th watch to arrive with them..

I have bought other watches from the same AD, and I often call in for a chat and a coffee if I’m in town...

Fair play. I happened to be in town on the morning of the Basel Rolex announcements and the young woman 'manning' the phone at my local AD was just about knee deep in bits of paper with names and numbers. I don't think she was maintaining any note of when people called so I suspect they thought it was easier just to take details than to tell people they had no chance. I assume any stock they get goes to preferred/valued customers pretty well irrespective of when they put their names down. I can fully understand that. It's only annoying when people who get them then flip rather than enjoy.

I said elsewhere that I was staggered at the wealth there is around my humble location when I went to the Basel Rolex viewing a few months back. I certainly know I can't compete with it!

Master
    I was told there are 2 lists David, 1 with folk that phone in and ask to be put in the queue for XYZ.

And one for folk that have bought before, and built up a relationship.... How you get from one list to the other, I don’t know, but I’m sure that going in and speaking with them now and then helps...

FWIW, I always deal with the same person, if I call in and she’s not there I usually just say hi and leave, if she is there and not tied up, we have a chat.... I’m certain it helps, plus she’s a very nice person anyway, so no hardship catching up with her...

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I'm not going to be specific with location etc. but I walked into my local WoS on Friday to chat to the manager (which i do quite often as he's a nice chap) and we got talking. I asked him whether they had any Pepsi's come in and he said they only had one so far already sold. I was about to say goodbye and have a lovely weekend when he said - how about a Daytona (black dial). I laughed and said yeah right, are you joking and he told me to wait and asked one of the other assistants to get me a beverage.

30 minutes later I was going home with this baby. Now i'm not on any list for this so I guess it comes down to their discretion. I have purchased from them before so maybe that also helped. Still haven't figured out the best time to tell the wife so it's still in the box until i'm brave enough:-)

2018-07-27 10.09.26 by ataripower, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    I'm not going to be specific with location etc. but I walked into my local WoS on Friday to chat to the manager (which i do quite often as he's a nice chap) and we got talking. I asked him whether they had any Pepsi's come in and he said they only had one so far already sold. I was about to say goodbye and have a lovely weekend when he said - how about a Daytona (black dial). I laughed and said yeah right, are you joking and he told me to wait and asked one of the other assistants to get me a beverage.

30 minutes later I was going home with this baby. Now i'm not on any list for this so I guess it comes down to their discretion. I have purchased from them before so maybe that also helped. Still haven't figured out the best time to tell the wife so it's still in the box until i'm brave enough:-)

Wow. Right time right place huh

Master
    30 minutes later I was going home with this baby.
    Nice one and good to hear over those on lists simply to stick in the safe or sell on.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Wow. Right time right place huh
    Certainly was, I couldn't believe it

By 11:00 I was at the dealer collecting this.. chuffed to bits with it.

Good on you both Gents, both hard-to-get pieces and good to see them being bought by wearers rather than profiteers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemaniaman View Post
    I called today to collect my Pepsi with a completely open mind. Having read about the colours and the end links being causes for concern I was prepared to walk away if I did not like it.

However, Rolex have a home run in my opinion. The colours totally work and the best I can describe it is ‘slightly faded’ almost like a vintage GMT that has seen some sun.

The colours are subdued and really work with the bling of the rest of the watch. Perfectly judged I think.
    Congratulations

Journeyman
    Bump to this thread but how many Pepsi owners do we have on here now. Are they still as hard to get a hold of ?

Master
    Certainly was, I couldn't believe it
    And I thought I was lucky getting an SS DJ41 on spec from WoS... What a result, enjoy it!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Latza View Post
    Bump to this thread but how many Pepsi owners do we have on here now. Are they still as hard to get a hold of ?
    I went into my AD about a year ago and I was told that I was 10th on the list. Fast forward 6 months and I was up to 13th!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    And I thought I was lucky getting an SS DJ41 on spec from WoS... What a result, enjoy it!
    Just noticed this was last year - have you told the wife yet?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I went into my AD about a year ago and I was told that I was 10th on the list. Fast forward 6 months and I was up to 13th!
    Inflation!

Craftsman
    AD that supplied my DSSD Blue and White Face Daytona doesn't even respond to my emails anymore! I've all but given up on getting a Pepsi at list and I won't pay double retail so I'll make do with my 10 year old GMTII C and look elsewhere. About time I tried something other than Rolex or Panerai anyway.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Get the WG if you can; much nicer than the pleb-spec SS.

Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    AD that supplied my DSSD Blue and White Face Daytona doesn't even respond to my emails anymore! I've all but given up on getting a Pepsi at list and I won't pay double retail so I'll make do with my 10 year old GMTII C and look elsewhere. About time I tried something other than Rolex or Panerai anyway.
    Ask if they can get you a yellow gold SkyDweller and two tone SeaDweller 43 for a reply so quick you'd think you were checking your OOO was on