closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another UK Pepsi Incoming

Another UK Pepsi Incoming

I called today to collect my Pepsi with a completely open mind. Having read about the colours and the end links being causes for concern I was prepared to walk away if I did not like it.

However, Rolex have a home run in my opinion. The colours totally work and the best I can describe it is ‘slightly faded’ almost like a vintage GMT that has seen some sun.

The colours are subdued and really work with the bling of the rest of the watch. Perfectly judged I think.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Love it

Great to see some real world shots of it, looks superb.

Craftsman
    Lovely watch, good to see so many pickups already.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Beautyy. Wear in good health

Looks terrible.let me know if you want to sell it.

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Colours look good.

End links also look a non issue in a “real life” shot. The pics pointing it out have been very close up and probably at the worst possible angle.

I tried on a few datejusts on jubilee earlier today and they have the same (non) issue imo.

Enjoy the watch!!

Does look good

Master
    Very nice, looks great on the Jubilee!

Nice watch.

Why the new username/account ?

Master
    Well done you. Got to handle the SS and WG Pepsi models on Friday when I collected my Tudor. Yours is a very fine watch. It's not until seen in the flesh that it can be truly appreciated. Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    My AD said he didn't have much of a list so I'd hold back from paying a premium. Nice as it is, I'm not convinced this will be a 50th Anniversary SD - or even a 116710BLNR. Mind you, I have a poor forecasting track record!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bet you have a lot of PMs asking who your dealer is!

Craftsman
    Congratulation, lovely watch.

“Well Jel”.....

Love it mate, good on you.

Master
    How long have you had to wait?
    What part of the UK are you located in?
    Just curious as waiting times are everywhere at present.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Bet you have a lot of PMs asking who your dealer is!
    I heard another staff member was explaining to a customer how they (unsurprisingly) prioritise local and existing customers so I assume they believe they can manage supply and demand that way!

Craftsman
    That looks awesome...enjoy wearing it! Am patiently waiting for my turn...

Did the store ask you to remove all the stickers before you take the watch home? Also, did the store give you the warranty card? I heard new purchases have to wait for at least 6 months. Just curious.

Master
    Mine will come unsized with stickers, but WC held 12 months..

Apprentice
    stunnner

Journeyman
    Congrats looks superb

Master

Different!

I think in an absolute sea of Rolex at present this stands out as a different piece in a good way!!
    I would love one but don’t have any connections with any AD since I’ve moved to Suffolk/Norfolk😢

Well done OP, enjoy!!

Chris

Craftsman
    Lovely!

I’m in!!

Received a very unexpected but even more welcomed call to pick mine up yesterday....

‘My’ AD played an absolute blinder in getting this for me somehow and I’ve gotta say I’m chuffed to bits with it.

Lighter jubilee bracelet gives it a hugely different ‘feel on the wrist’ compared to my usual daily WG Sub’, but the colours are exactly the same as my old WG BLRO (that I flipped when they released the SS Pepsi) so it’s still the perfect ‘West Ham’ watch.

Last edited by spuds; 15th June 2018 at 20:12.

Congratulations x 2!

Congrats to all the lucky owners. These look fantastic.

Congrats

These seem to be quite numerous, perhaps Rolex really are getting it together.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Congrats

These seem to be quite numerous, perhaps Rolex really are getting it together.
    But then if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Not like their current business model is faltering. There does seem to be quite decent availability though - rather surprising.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    Received a very unexpected but even more welcomed call to pick mine up yesterday....

‘My’ AD played an absolute blinder in getting this for me somehow and I’ve gotta say I’m chuffed to bits with it.

Lighter jubilee bracelet gives it a hugely different ‘feel on the wrist’ compared to my usual daily WG Sub’, but the colours are exactly the same as my old WG BLRO (that I flipped when they released the SS Pepsi) so it’s still the perfect ‘West Ham’ watch.

Congrats. It looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving mine and it came with all the bits. Here it is next to its 50 year old father born in 1968!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Amazing pic Lee!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    But then if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
    You have a point.

With dealers withholding warranties and perhaps increased production volumes, who knows where things will be in a year. Would it be possible for the arse to fall out of the watch market completely ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by leefowler View Post
    Loving mine and it came with all the bits. Here it is next to its 50 year old father born in 1968!

Very, very nice and what's not to like. Congrats!

I think it works really well with jubilee, honestly I do not mind the bezel colors, nor the endlinks, someday...

Great pic’ Lee and if anyone’s interested mine came with the stickers still intact but the AD’s keeping the warranty card for a year...

Journeyman
    Glad I’ve see that side-by-side.

Something about it and other GMTs I could not get to grips with:-

1. Looks Lardy
    2. Bezel font is too crowded and chubby. Same with all Ceramic GMTs
    3. Jubilee. So so.
    4. Nicer dial over the vintage though.

I think not not for me. Wish the new GMTc owners good luck, I’m sure they will have an appreciating asset and with me out of the race, someone else gets a chance from an AD rather than the Greys.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    You have a point.

With dealers withholding warranties and perhaps increased production volumes, who knows where things will be in a year. Would it be possible for the arse to fall out of the watch market completely ?
    All AD's are saying that prof model numbers are going to be cut back even more. Yeah, I know, 'AD said...', but they're all singing the same hymn.
    On the other hand, AD's reporting sales up with other brands.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by leefowler View Post

Goes to show right the design of the original gmt was ... the vintage piece is stunning , but it’s nice to have something modern and similar that can years day in day out

Well that was a waste of time, visiting York so called into the Rolex AD with a view to talking about the GMT and getting on a list.

'Sorry sir, we have closed the list to the sports watches '.
    But of a pointless visit tbh, I'm in no rush so will endeavour at different AD's...

Quote Originally Posted by hot66 View Post
    Goes to show right the design of the original gmt was ... the vintage piece is stunning , but it’s nice to have something modern and similar that can years day in day out

I’ve managed to wear my 1980 GMT-Master day in, day out ....... for years and fares well against ‘modern’ - as it is a ‘timeless design’

New model...... Nope!

Good to see some of these in the wild. Congratulations to all of those lucky enough to have AD's doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Well that was a waste of time, visiting York so called into the Rolex AD with a view to talking about the GMT and getting on a list.

'Sorry sir, we have closed the list to the sports watches '.
    But of a pointless visit tbh, I'm in no rush so will endeavour at different AD's...
    Imagine how frustrating this must be for retailers. Retail is really tough right now, being on the high street is expensive and getting people through the door is hard. Now they have to turn people away everyday because they can't get the stock customers want. It's bonkers and in the long term will damage the brand.

Most of us lusted after watches having seen them in shop displays, that ain't going to happen now when displays are permanently missing key pieces.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Imagine how frustrating this must be for retailers. Retail is really tough right now, being on the high street is expensive and getting people through the door is hard. Now they have to turn people away everyday because they can't get the stock customers want. It's bonkers and in the long term will damage the brand.

Most of us lusted after watches having seen them in shop displays, that ain't going to happen now when displays are permanently missing key pieces.
    That's a valid point and I would have thought that increasing supply would have the opposite effect on grey dealers because you can easily get the model you want at RRP via your AD. No need to pay over the odds for the model you want and it won't necessarily mean it's not as desirable. It feels like they have contempt for their customer base old and new.

Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    That's a valid point and I would have thought that increasing supply would have the opposite effect on grey dealers because you can easily get the model you want at RRP via your AD. No need to pay over the odds for the model you want and it won't necessarily mean it's not as desirable. It feels like they have contempt for their customer base old and new.
    Just find it hard to understand what Rolex are trying to do tbh, no drama but I’m sure in years to come I’ll get one...

Master
    Harumph .

Ive just called my local AD and they haven't seen their first Pepsi yet!

I'm third on the list, deposit paid,and thought my turn would be soon but it seems not.

Ive never had much patience .

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Harumph .

I'm third on the list, deposit paid,and thought my turn would be soon but it seems not.

I would call custard on that. I have spoken to a few different ADs and they all had one on 1st June for the official launch. Some of those ADs, mostly Aurum stores, have actually had two already.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    I would call custard on that. I have spoken to a few different ADs and they all had one on 1st June for the official launch. Some of those ADs, mostly Aurum stores, have actually had two already.
    Does that necessarily mean that every AD in the country would have got one on June 1st?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Harumph .

I was first in the branch as requested to “ express an interest “ ,they wouldn’t take a deposit, wouldn’t admit to a list of any kind but as a known good customer I was ok because I was first in the shop.

Fast forward to last week , the salesperson looked vague and started waffling , it turns out that two have been delivered to customers, but I’m definitely next on the list and should get mine by September.

Forget about Rolex and their weird supply chain issues , this is an example of extremely poor customer service by a National retailer to a customer of many years standing.

Goldsmiths, you need to have a good look at what’s happening at branch level and stop blaming Rolex for your inadequate customer service.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    I was first in the branch as requested to “ express an interest “ ,they wouldn’t take a deposit, wouldn’t admit to a list of any kind but as a known good customer I was ok because I was first in the shop.

Fast forward to last week , the salesperson looked vague and started waffling , it turns out that two have been delivered to customers, but I’m definitely next on the list and should get mine by September.

Forget about Rolex and their weird supply chain issues , this is an example of extremely poor customer service by a National retailer to a customer of many years standing.

Goldsmiths, you need to have a good look at what’s happening at branch level and stop blaming Rolex for your inadequate customer service.
    The problem is (and I'm not defending AD's but trying to see it from a business point) they all have X amount of good customers to divide between Y amount of desirable watches (X maybe being 100 and Y being 5 say). In short they can't please everyone, in fact they can hardly please anyone! Rolex have decided on this business model and that's the way it is.

I'm hoping for one, I asked back in March and was told maybe around August. I knew (or guessed) that it means I'm not 1st, who knows maybe I won't be 2nd or 3rd. I'll wait and see. They got me the 116500 white as soon as it came out, among others so to be fair to them they've looked after me.

The only issue is maybe the way some AD's go about it. Maybe they should be honest and say 'you're 3rd on the list', 'you're 23rd on the list, or 'sorry fella you haven't made the list'? I'd rather hear that myself but they would be shot down for that as well, so I guess most of them say nothing. I'm yet to see of any AD making everyone happy.