closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TAG Heuer F1

Craftsman

TAG Heuer F1

Picked this up the other day for the good lady of the house a nice original F1 371.508, it even has the case back sticker still on. I love the full lume dial but my god that is one worn out bezel. I think it's from the 1990, please let me know if I'm of target. Never paid these much attention before but I quite like it. One things for sure it's never going to fit my wrists!

Master
    Blog Entries
    my Ex-wife still absolutely adores her one that i bought for her when she was 17!

26 years later it is still running well.

i used to have the red GRP version from 91 and i would love to find another. i still n=have no idea where i misplaced it but 15 house moves later i doubt it i slikely to resurface

Master
    Could be late 1980s or early 90s. Supremely ironic that TAG sold it on the basis of its toughness and it was just the think for working on cars (as worn by McLaren F1 team members!!), but the bezel was ridiculously soft and wore down at the mere sight of a hard object! I had a colleague with one just like this and his bezel was completely worn smooth - not just the numbers rubbed off, but the bezel was very worn down!

Craftsman
    Do I go for new bezel or keep it vintage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My only watch for 20 years. Went through at least 4 bezels. Still have it, looks ridiculously small now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeott View Post
    My only watch for 20 years. Went through at least 4 bezels. Still have it, looks ridiculously small now!
    Go on - take a wrist shot please so I see it’s size compared to more modern models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Go on - take a wrist shot please so I see it’s size compared to more modern models.

I’ll dig it out tomorrow. It’s not the full lume dial, I’m not sure if they had them in 1988. Incidentally , mine came on a rubber strap which needed replacing far more frequently than the bezels!

Master
    Blog Entries
    OP, if you spot a bezel for the ladies version (28mm iirc) while you are looking for one then please do let me know. They never seem to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post

By way of comparison:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley637 View Post
    Do I go for new bezel or keep it vintage
    I guess it depends if you intend to wear it or not....if you buy a new bezel and wear it, it'll wear down again in a trice and you'll need another one!

Craftsman

Another one I got for her, 1500 this time, they are quite small. I must be attracted to worn out bezels but at least it gives it character.

Craftsman
    This thread inspired me to finally replace the rubber strap on my one with a NATO.

It was a graduation present from my dad in 2009 but I could never properly bond with it on that strap. I'm far happier with it now.