closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW ARRVIAL! Marine Chronometer Company Offshore Professional

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Thanks Lorne. emailed you as requested. A website edit :-) could be a "button" option to purchase. I know they're made to order as such. But I couldn't find away to register my desire.
    Looking forward to the journey and the sheer exclusivity that comes with owning one of only 135 in the world.
    Sod the Daytona 
    Funnily enough JohnnyE, builder of the new website, keeps suggesting a buy-it-now button. Once the new strap is sorted I'll be moving toward some pre-builds that are ready and waiting, so the button will likely go in at that stage, along with one next to it that says, 'just checked with the wife and I'm not allowed to buy it now, so please cancel'. Good point on the not knowing how to order or chat so I'll sort that this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by LorneG View Post
    Funnily enough JohnnyE, builder of the new website, keeps suggesting a buy-it-now button. Once the new strap is sorted I'll be moving toward some pre-builds that are ready and waiting, so the button will likely go in at that stage, along with one next to it that says, 'just checked with the wife and I'm not allowed to buy it now, so please cancel'. Good point on the not knowing how to order or chat so I'll sort that this weekend.
    Could be a
    "Order one now" button.

Or
    "Register Interest" button.

Either which way I'm chuffed my prime number watch 135 is in hand, as the actress said to the bishop.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Could be a
    "Order one now" button.

Or
    "Register Interest" button.

Either which way I'm chuffed my prime number watch 135 is in hand, as the actress said to the bishop.

Is that a R129 Mercedes SL as your avatar picture? I had exactly the same until a couple of years ago, but in very dark green instead of blue. Had mine for a dozen years before electrical glitches started to get a little too repetitive. Brilliant cars.

Is that a R129 Mercedes SL as your avatar picture? I had exactly the same until a couple of years ago, but in very dark green instead of blue. Had mine for a dozen years before electrical glitches started to get a little too repetitive. Brilliant cars.
    Yes Sir, R129 straight 6, 3.2litre
    Almondine Blue, Tan leather. Had her since 2010. Currently sorn. But in a few years will be taking her to Italy to cruise. Wearing FE135 😎
    Currently driving ex Military FFR110 defender soft top. 1995

Craftsman
    Yes Sir, R129 straight 6, 3.2litre
    Almondine Blue, Tan leather. Had her since 2010. Currently sorn. But in a few years will be taking her to Italy to cruise. Wearing FE135 
    Currently driving ex Military FFR110 defender soft top. 1995
    Ahh, the straight six 3.2 engine and probably the 5-speed auto box; absolute pinnacle of R129, Mercedes build quality and exactly the same as mine. Moving into Pistonheads territory, but I went for the straight six over the V6 as a six cylinder straight engine has balanced harmonics so is naturally very smooth. The following years change to a V6 needed balancer shafts.

Mil-spec landrover defender = probably not focussed on driver comfort or balancing harmonics, but a nice car. Drove a V8 lwb landrover from Devon to Ouagadougou once upon a time.

Ahh, the straight six 3.2 engine and probably the 5-speed auto box; absolute pinnacle of R129, Mercedes build quality and exactly the same as mine. Moving into Pistonheads territory, but I went for the straight six over the V6 as a six cylinder straight engine has balanced harmonics so is naturally very smooth. The following years change to a V6 needed balancer shafts.

Mil-spec landrover defender = probably not focussed on driver comfort or balancing harmonics, but a nice car. Drove a V8 lwb landrover from Devon to Ouagadougou once upon a time.
    The R129 V12 was an awesome beast two straight 6 bolted together and show horned into the same engine bay.
    You could balance a 50p on it whilst she was running as she was that smooth. My Defender 2.5n/a taxi engine mated to R380 five speed gear box. Mundesley on Sea to North Northumberland (9.5hours) no power steering either.

Ahem, back to the watches...

Apparently there's a pretty good chance that mine (#131) should be built and ready by early next week - significantly ahead of schedule.

Excellent!

This will be the first time I've ever collected a watch from the person actually building it. How cool is that...

Simon

Very cool. It does appear to exude quality.

Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    Very cool. It does appear to exude quality.
    Watch this space for a short review when it lands...

Simon

Time for another wrist shot.... to keep you going while you wait....

Looking good in the sunshine, Johnny...

Simon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Watch this space for a short review when it lands...

Simon
    I’m looking forward to it.

After a week of ownership, the strap is bedded in. Its quite unlike anything else I've worn - the inner core maintains the curve and so in effect, I have a micro air gap right round the strap. The watch holds itself in place via case back and deployant in a bangle like manner. Brilliant for the warmer weather and sweat free.

Meanwhile... more little details come to light, such as a cutout behind the crown to allow your nail to slip in for adjusting the watch.

Last edited by JohnnyE; 15th June 2018 at 11:02.

Master

Go on then I'll play. I think mine is a Mk1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Lorne has now confirmed that my watch #131 will be ready for collection next Wednesday!

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post

Go on then I'll play. I think mine is a Mk1
    Really interesting to see all the subtle differences as the design has evolved. How early is yours, Cat7?

Simon

Master
    Hi Simon, will have to check the paperwork but from memory around 2013.
    I think numerically it's in the sixties.

Mine is being progressed. 7-8 weeks. Will be prime numbers 135 so I should be getting the new leather strap, yet another subtle modification that Lorne implements continuing the evolution of the Field Engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Well done Simon, I'm sure you'll love it. The ROKU stick is used daily you'll be pleased to know.

Sorry, I'm not in the market for your Bulova.
    I know not what is now you & your wife's situation. However my philosophy would be, buy one, for you (for your wife) wear it for her ALWAYS!

<3

Mine is being progressed. 7-8 weeks. Will be prime numbers 135 so I should be getting the new leather strap, yet another subtle modification that Lorne implements continuing the evolution of the Field Engineer.

What do you mean by prime numbers?

1 is not a prime number (nor is 135 of course).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    What do you mean by prime numbers?

1 is not a prime number (nor is 135 of course).
    It depends on how you define and use a prime number. 1, 3 and 5 are all very useful even if the definition of a prime specifically excludes 1. 1, 3 and 5 are also fibonacci sequence numbers.

Different Monday morning routine for me today; instead of up early and London commuting I'm up earlier and waiting at Karachi airport for a flight home. Was slightly worried that my unorthodox visa-on-arrival was going to be a problem getting back out of the country.

https://marinechronometer.co.uk/inde.../166-july-2018

Lorne beat me to it,
    Technically 1 can't be a prime number, but 3,5,7 are. So as Lorne says 1, 3, 5 are Fibonacci sequence numbers, the watch is design around that concept. I feel that 1 should be a prime number along with 3 & 5. So my Field Engineer will be 135. I just like that, as I'm sure whoever has 1 or 100, or 123, or 131 (Johnny) will like their own serial numbers.

Whilst 1, 3 and 5 are numbers in the Fibonacci sequence, they’re non consecutive (number 2 missing) so really 135 is just a number you’ve chosen with no relation to either prime numbers or Fibonacci numbers.

Or am I just being a pedant?

Although, as there’s so much talk of engineering precision on this thread, I don’t think a little pedantry is out of order!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Whilst 1, 3 and 5 are numbers in the Fibonacci sequence, they’re non consecutive (number 2 missing) so really 135 is just a number you’ve chosen with no relation to either prime numbers or Fibonacci numbers.

Or am I just being a pedant?

Although, as there’s so much talk of engineering precision on this thread, I don’t think a little pedantry is out of order!
    I was a bit puzzled as well.

Surely he three numbers need to be part of the sequence so the third digit is the sum of the previous two. So the numbers would be;

011 ( 0+1=1)

After that we’d be into larger than three digits

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PIERS (UK) View Post
    I was a bit puzzled as well.

Surely he three numbers need to be part of the sequence so the third digit is the sum of the previous two. So the numbers would be;

011 ( 0+1=1)

After that we’d be into larger than three digits

But, in order not to give a false impression of how many I've made, I started serial numbering at 1 and go up in units of one. So whilst I fully agree that fibonacci serial numbering would be great fun, it'd give an entirely false impression of how many I've actually made. There's a little bit of scope for out of sequence numbering, but not too much as it ends up with 'stranded' numbers

Edit: Piers of Pinion watches! Lovely watches with a unique and beautiful style to them
    Last edited by LorneG; 10th July 2018 at 11:06.