closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your partner like your watches?

gucci

bought the wife a gold gucci for her wedding present 22 years ago

i know its a fashion brand but the watch is still going fine and looks as good as the day it was bought.

she like micheal kors so isnt into watches.............j

Craftsman
    My one and only watch for years was my Chronomat which which she appreciated the value and aesthetics of. When I started to look for a second watch, she encouraged me when I was unsure. Recently she has been looking for herself and has started to drop a few hints about what she wants [me to buy her]

Smile

The wife has around a hundred watches but only wears cheapo £5 tat from the little stalls in shopping precincts

Just recently she started going through my watches and has claimed around fifty or so of mine too!!

John

My wife so far has commented on my speedmaster and likes how legible it us to read.
    She wore an old omega dress watch I have when she lost her favourite Seiko but was surprised when I told her she needed to wind it up every day as its a manual.

I should have a nice blue dial watch incoming in the near future but she couldn't tell you what brand it is. However within reason she will encourage me to buy something I really like.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

The only watches my wife ever comments on are my electric blue Seamaster (she likes the dial) and my RG DD40 which she thinks “isn’t me” and I should’ve bought a RG Skydweller instead.

She’s never been into watches for herself but I bought her a salmon Datejust a couple of years ago which she loves and wears daily so I had a newer blingier Datejust brought to ‘my’ AD last week which I thought she’d love for a ‘going out watch’.
    She liked it but didn’t love it and said she prefers her old one.

Works for me, I got brownie points for trying and got to keep the cash in the bank!!

My better half is very fond of my 2500 PO - as it has been with me since we got engaged.

She appreciates my other watches and it was her who, seeing my face when the SD4000 appeared at Basel, told me l should trade in my no date sub to get one - "Thats the one you've been waiting for".

Other than that - and her liking a few Cartier models and the Chopard happy sport - she has no further interest in watches, but recognises how happy the hobby as a whole makes me.

This suits me fine.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Worth bearing in mind that Rolex's best selling model is the ladies Datejust. So women clearly do have opinions about watches, fancy nice models , and provide major selling opportunities .
    Of course, on the forums, all that side of things is largely ignored. Almost no women on forums, as far as I know.
    Can you provide factual proof that the ladies DJ is Rolex best seller? Very interested to see this

Craftsman
    It’s an oft repeated internet fact ... isn’t that enough proof?

(On a more serious note - I suspect the truth is that the DJ overall is the best selling model line. I highly doubt the ladies version represents the majority though!)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIn2Red View Post
    It’s an oft repeated internet fact ... isn’t that enough proof?

(On a more serious note - I suspect the truth is that the DJ overall is the best selling model line. I highly doubt the ladies version represents the majority though!)
    Agreed.

Craftsman
    The Mem'sahib likes exactly 10% of my watches . . . .

And, as for the ladies' DJ, I bought her one for Christmas a couple of decades ago. Big mistake. It and I were marched back to the AD in short order, where she exchanged it for an Omega de Ville which has "at least a bit of style"!

She won’t let me sell my old Breitling Blackbird. She sees it as part of me, even though I’m more into G-Shocks at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
    The only thing my wife has to say is "not another watch".
    Same for me.

And then when I sell them, I hear those immortal words, "Why are you selling it, you have only had a few months"

Craftsman
    My wife is quite happy with my watch investments, she gets a bit upset if I sell one, but then perks up when I buy another.

I bought her a lovely datejust, but she still wears an Apple Watch?????

Does your partner like your watches?

My significant other is happily passive (if not quietly supportive) regarding my watches and watch collecting habits.

She herself is mostly an Apple Watch kinda gal, but also has a few fashion watches: Michael Kors etc.

Having said that, she does show genuine delight when she wears my Datejust 16220 out for the evening. Nice to see.

Having said all of that, I do wonder what her reaction would be if I showed her THE SPREADSHEET.

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    Having said all of that, I do wonder what her reaction would be if I showed her THE SPREADSHEET.
    Ffs don’t mention the spreadsheet - she might be watching !

Craftsman
    She’s clocked how much they cost and has unsurprisingly developed an interest in some of the more expensive watches, with an eye on Rolex, Bremont and Longines...

On the plus side, it allows me to add to my collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does your partner like your watches?

My wife claims to have no interest in watches, and yet she owns 7.

She has no idea that she owns 7 because she never puts them back in the watch box I gave her.

She recently said that I have "far too many" watches, even though I've halved the size of my collection and only own 6 more than her.

She has no idea what they cost or are worth, but for some reason went slightly postal when I sold one and made a profit.

She rarely comments on them, even though I wear a different one every day.

Changing a strap is problematic because the concept eludes her and she assumes I've bought another one.

She thought my brass Maranez was gold even though it's heavily patinated.

I have been married for a very long time and consider all this to be completely normal. I love her dearly.

I feel better now.

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 19th June 2018 at 12:38.

My OH shows a general passing interest in my watches. She wears her fitbit most days, her datejust when dressing up and a citizen solar when on holiday which I bought her from duty free at Gatwick when we went to Cuba in 2012.

My (soon to be) Mrs. announced at the weekend that I must include a statement of "I promise to declare any and all watch related spend in advance" as part of my vows..... lol