closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai 40mm variants - 00048 or 00050?

Panerai 40mm variants - 00048 or 00050?

I've not considered a Panerai before as the ones I usually see are 44mm+ and not for me, but having seen a couple of 40mm I can envisage having one of the black dialled versions, on a bracelet. Could any of our Panerai fans enlighten me on the key differences between these two versions?

Thanks

Master
    Pretty sure the only difference is that the 50 comes on a bracelet, the 48 on a strap. On that basis, if you can get a 50 for a similar price to a 48 that'd be the way to go as there are some beautiful aftermarket straps to be had.

PAM00050 is a PAM00048 on bracelet.
    There are differences over the years about whether the case is fully brushed or brushed /polished and also whether the text 'Automatic' appears on the dial but, as far as I know, these differences apply equally to the 48 and 50.

So if you want one on a bracelet, it's a 50 you're looking for.

I was in the same boat had wanted one for a few years but after trying one knew I couldn't really get away with a 44 but to be honest wasn't that keen on the 40's
    and really wanted a sandwich dial, plus they are still pretty thick at 15.2mm.

I picked up below about a month ago 42mm with new thinner 3 day movement and thinner case, went for the 00722 on the bracelet so i had the option to change,
    it also has the push button change system so easy to switch it between bracelet and straps. Will be bit more pricey though.

As usual my wrist shots make it look bigger than it is

Last edited by TBKBABAB; 31st May 2018 at 11:24.

Blog Entries
    I went with the 120 with fantastic blue dial

Master
    AFAIR Laings in Southampton had a new 722 in stock in March at a sizeable discount. They are not a panerai AD, the guy i spoke with said it came from their Edinburgh shop. Nice watch.

Craftsman
    The PAM 050 is the one to go for. The bracelet afterwards is very expensive.

At least with the 050 you can purchase straps later.

I started with a PAM 048 and bought a second hand bracelet. Second hand it was approx €400 at the time (about 8 years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    AFAIR Laings in Southampton had a new 722 in stock in March at a sizeable discount. They are not a panerai AD, the guy i spoke with said it came from their Edinburgh shop. Nice watch.
    I didn’t pay anywhere list for mine.

My favourite Panerai was always the Pam72/74 which was a 40mm Chrono with a stunningly finished El-Primero movement and with 200m WR. One of their finest IMHO but the Panerai enthusiasts folk aren’t keen when it comes to the 40mm models so pre-owned prices are fairly reasonable.

Craftsman
    try a 510 44mm first - i was surprised & bought