closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1438

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Craftsman
    I am going to pick up my leather strap and deployant this afternoon. I ordered the slightly longer length well before Christmas and it has only just arrived.
    I quite liked the look and it's always good to have an option.

Glad you have a satisfactory resolution.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    I am going to pick up my leather strap and deployant this afternoon. I ordered the slightly longer length well before Christmas and it has only just arrived.
    I quite liked the look and it's always good to have an option.

Glad you have a satisfactory resolution.

Cheers I'm v content. The clasp is great as it opens up a whole number of strap options. Enjoy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpingjalapeno View Post
    Cheers I'm v content. The clasp is great as it opens up a whole number of strap options. Enjoy

Picked up the strap and deployant today. They are very good quality and so they should be to be honest!
    I fitted it and after 10 minutes of wearing it put the bracelet back on, I am not sure it is for me! I am not sure why but to me it made the watch seem smaller. An expensive way of finding out.

Craftsman
    Picked up the strap and deployant today. They are very good quality and so they should be to be honest!
    I fitted it and after 10 minutes of wearing it put the bracelet back on, I am not sure it is for me! I am not sure why but to me it made the watch seem smaller. An expensive way of finding out.

Do you mind me asking how much you paid? Goldsmiths in Canterbury have only ever managed to give me guesstimate prices and as mine has been bin for repair since the start of Jan I’ve nevee chased up a firm price.

Sorry to hear it wasn't for you. Yup I think a leather or fabric strap will make the watch wear smaller, which suits me as the watch is just on the cusp size-wise for me.

FWIW I'm sure you can sell the strap and clasp for close to what you paid them.

Enjoy your GMT

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupp View Post
    So, if I have this right, you paid for a bracelet watch that failed, and are now accepting a replacement on leather as the remedy? Sure bracelet replacement plus leather for goodwill is the proper response?

Whatever; kudos for confronting the dealer. This date bug is a shocking indictment of Tudor QC and they have been shoddy in responding to it in my view. Real shame as spoils an otherwise lovely piece.
    I'm with you here, they should give you a new watch on a bracelet and throw in a clasp and leather for free !

Blog Entries
    Interesting thread i have a July 2018 GMT arriving ( hopefully) in the next hour which has been back to Rolex so hopefully all is well as living in the sticks the thought of messing with an AD to get anything done does not excite on a personal level only dealt with Fraser Hart once on a Tudor problem that was the branch in Brent X and no issues they were excellent but their staff were highly trained and their Rolex sales numbers were unbelievable.
    So we shall see which GMT wins IMO the Tudor or my Breitling? watch the SC
    Last edited by mart broad; 16th February 2019 at 10:26.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pauly View Post
    Do you mind me asking how much you paid? Goldsmiths in Canterbury have only ever managed to give me guesstimate prices and as mine has been bin for repair since the start of Jan I’ve nevee chased up a firm price.
    The strap and clasp was £316, no discount was available. I did ask.
    They ordered the longer strap for me. The clasp was in a few weeks back they had to wait for the strap.

Craftsman
    The bracelet is definitely the choice for me. I will have to move the strap on, I doubt the dealer will want it back now it is 'used'.

Craftsman
    Sorry to hear it wasn't for you. Yup I think a leather or fabric strap will make the watch wear smaller, which suits me as the watch is just on the cusp size-wise for me.

FWIW I'm sure you can sell the strap and clasp for close to what you paid them.

Enjoy your GMT

The bracelet is definitely the choice for me. I will have to move the strap on, I doubt the dealer will want it back now it is 'used'.

Sorry meant to quote this post.

It does surprise me that an AD can't find this information out with ease. Sure I don't expect them to know the price of every strap but surely they know customers will ask and it's a potential extra sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    I'm with you here, they should give you a new watch on a bracelet and throw in a clasp and leather for free !
    I hear ya and I agree a bracelet with good will gesture would have gone a long way. The reason I accepted the replacement only was:

1, I would get the watch in 2 weeks
    2, going leather over steel will give me a refund of the difference which will be very handy for something I'm saving for
    3, I never use the bracelet and I just want to enjoy the watch
    4, I also wanted an option that was easiest all round (perhaps that makes me a mug)

Some have accepted the watch going in for a second repair with no other measure given. Ultimately I have got an outcome I was entitled to and am happy with.

Last edited by Jumpingjalapeno; 16th February 2019 at 11:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Also I was coming from a meeting the day before with a different person in the AD and was told, replacement wasn't an option, I would need to write a letter to AD to get anything. A strap and clasp was unlikely and I'd more like get a cap. Or wait 6 months for a replacement. The only good thing I was told was the Tudor rep was in the next day.

Having picked up mine a few first impressions. First it doesnt look or feel slab sided at all in fact, it feels very comfortable on the wrist exactly as I remember it from when I tried it on. Second, the strap is quite nice but I think a little short, if you do have large wrists you may struggle with this. Third the buckle is nice looking but I think could hold the strap better, even cheaper buckles I have found to hold the strap better than this.

All in all the watch looks and feels lovely though especially for the money I dont think you could find better.

Craftsman
    One on a leather strap lurking in Windsor at the moment .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    One on a leather strap lurking in Windsor at the moment .

I think I've realised that I preferred the look of the bracelet on pictures where it's off the wrist and leather on the wrist...does that make sense?

Journeyman
    I think I've realised that I preferred the look of the bracelet on pictures where it's off the wrist and leather on the wrist...does that make sense?

how much does the bracerlet cost by itself?

Master

I think so. Brown leather really sets it off.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    £670 I think

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    I think so. Brown leather really sets it off.

Agree esp a reddy brown...I've seen a Colareb one that looks perfect for it

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    £670 I think
    Wow... pretty eye watering....

Master
    Agree esp a reddy brown...I've seen a Colareb one that looks perfect for it

Good choice. I have mine on a reddy brown Steveostraps. Same sort of thing.

Journeyman
    £670 I think
    wowzers

Wow... pretty eye watering....

Quick look on chrono24 and they are going for north of a grand. Pre owned ones are going for £670

Mr Vader says it’s ok on rubber too

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Good choice. I have mine on a reddy brown Steveostraps. Same sort of thing.

Nice will have a look

Quick look on chrono24 and they are going for north of a grand. Pre owned ones are going for £670
    That's crazy... however if they are private sellers they will find it lowers the price received for their GMT if they try to flip it without OEM bracelet. But yea I'd sell mine for close to £700

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    Brand new bracelet is £600, I have just ordered one for my GMT.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Mr Vader says it’s ok on rubber too
    Awesome shot and yes, this works works very well on a rubber.

"TWSS"

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Brand new bracelet is £600, I have just ordered one for my GMT.
    Yes sorry I need to amend that price £570 not £670

Update on date issue part 2: literally 2 weeks to the minute since the Tudor rep said he could have a replacement watch in a fortnight I get the call my new watch is here!! That's service and how to build trust!

Super excited to see this thing on the leather

Craftsman
    Whereas mine has been with Tudor since 07/01/19 with the date issue amongst other things and I’ve now been told not to even start chasing it until at least mid March!

next day there were two GMTs

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers
    Mark

Whereas mine has been with Tudor since 07/01/19 with the date issue amongst other things and I’ve now been told not to even start chasing it until at least mid March!

I would have expected a 6-8 week wait of opting for repair. Someone on another thread has stated there is some delay in a part coming from Geneva for their repair. I'd perhaps get your AD to engage with Tudor to see if this is the case for you also. Hope you get it back soon!

Craftsman
    I decided some new straps might help me bond with it, when it finally re-appears

Just as promised 2 weeks later I have my new GMT...this time on leather and I love it

Master
    With this model having been sold on SC recently for £2,495 as supply increases how much further down in price do people think it will go. Unless a BB58 GMT is released at Baselworld I’d like to pick up (another) one but want to know if £2,400, £2,300 or even £2,200 is likely in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    With this model having been sold on SC recently for £2,495 as supply increases how much further down in price do people think it will go. Unless a BB58 GMT is released at Baselworld I’d like to pick up (another) one but want to know if £2,400, £2,300 or even £2,200 is likely in the near future.
    I didnt see one for that price was that on a bracelet too? Cant see someone selling for £2200 unless they are desperate for a quick sale it wouldnt make much sense when they could get more money elsewhere. There seems to be an increase in supply but not by that much so my guess would be a balance out to close to retail (knocking out the dealers) I can see this one holding its value or very close to it.

Craftsman
    Just as promised 2 weeks later I have my new GMT...this time on leather and I love it

Congratulations, looks fantastic on leather! Brings the blue out a lot more - or maybe that's your pics

Hopefully it's all plain sailing from here and you can enjoy the watch without further issue.

John

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I didnt see one for that price was that on a bracelet too? Cant see someone selling for £2200 unless they are desperate for a quick sale it wouldnt make much sense when they could get more money elsewhere. There seems to be an increase in supply but not by that much so my guess would be a balance out to close to retail (knocking out the dealers) I can see this one holding its value or very close to it.
    Yes, it was on a bracelet, sold here two weeks ago. With Basel 2019 weeks away the GMT will no longer be the “new” release, so I’m guessing prices on the used market will hopefully start moving down. Maybe not to £2,200, but don’t think £2,400 or just under considering it was announced a year ago.

Craftsman
    Yes, it was on a bracelet, sold here two weeks ago. With Basel 2019 weeks away the GMT will no longer be the “new” release, so I’m guessing prices on the used market will hopefully start moving down. Maybe not to £2,200, but don’t think £2,400 or just under considering it was announced a year ago.
    I don't think that is such a stretch, it is quite a polarising watch. Many won't like it's dimensions or heft. Others will fall in love with the bezel. Ultimately though, it won't ever have mass appeal of a sub, so it's price will likely fall. It's been sustained to date because you can't get hold them, I suspect - but as commented supplies seem to be coming through now.

John

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

I am looking forward to the new releases a few AD's will be having new stuff in and I am looking forward to seeing what they have. I still think this is pretty much like the Black Bay and will always be a popular watch. If Tudor are cashing in on the desirability of the watch it makes no sense to them to make it less desirable or more accessible. Even bringing out a new GMT (Say a 39mm version) I doubt will change much in the same way the ETA Black Bay. £2400 may well be possible in the short term when new watches come out but I would expect to see that balance out as usual with watch companies they will just bump up the price of the GMT by 5 or 10% to compensate for the new releases hitting the market.

They are not daft and if they can milk the cash cow thats exactly what they will do. Keep in mind its been out a while now so nothing stopping them bumping the price up towards the end of the year. Doesnt bother me much I like mine and intend to keep it. That being said, I love the steel and gold Black Bay which went for silly money on SC recently. If I was looking at other Tudor watches that one and the new chronograph would be my choices.

Looking at the prices of other black bays, and how much they have fallen a year after launch or so, I wouldn’t be surprised to see £2k towards the end of this year being a reasonable expectation - just look at the LHD and BB Bronze watches - now easily available new and used prices crashed quite heavily compared to their early days. The GMT is not going to hold its value as more and more become available and start to sit on the shelves.
    It's just a matter of time...

Yep. £2K by Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Looking at the prices of other black bays, and how much they have fallen a year after launch or so, I wouldn’t be surprised to see £2k towards the end of this year being a reasonable expectation - just look at the LHD and BB Bronze watches - now easily available new and used prices crashed quite heavily compared to their early days. The GMT is not going to hold its value as more and more become available and start to sit on the shelves.
    Also those 58’s are rapidly dropping..

Strange to see since everyone loves them.

Craftsman
    I would have expected a 6-8 week wait of opting for repair. Someone on another thread has stated there is some delay in a part coming from Geneva for their repair. I'd perhaps get your AD to engage with Tudor to see if this is the case for you also. Hope you get it back soon!

Got a phone call from AD today - you were right: there’s a problem with getting the part from Geneva. It’s been delayed. It might turn up by the end of this week, then they can start repairing it next week. She then said that it’ll be priority because it’s been in for a long time before saying that it’s the same for lots of people and for all Tudor repairs. Can’t prioritise everyone! Haha!

Master
    I am looking forward to the new releases a few AD's will be having new stuff in and I am looking forward to seeing what they have. I still think this is pretty much like the Black Bay and will always be a popular watch. If Tudor are cashing in on the desirability of the watch it makes no sense to them to make it less desirable or more accessible. Even bringing out a new GMT (Say a 39mm version) I doubt will change much in the same way the ETA Black Bay. £2400 may well be possible in the short term when new watches come out but I would expect to see that balance out as usual with watch companies they will just bump up the price of the GMT by 5 or 10% to compensate for the new releases hitting the market.

They are not daft and if they can milk the cash cow thats exactly what they will do. Keep in mind its been out a while now so nothing stopping them bumping the price up towards the end of the year. Doesnt bother me much I like mine and intend to keep it. That being said, I love the steel and gold Black Bay which went for silly money on SC recently. If I was looking at other Tudor watches that one and the new chronograph would be my choices.
    I too wouldn't be surprised to see a price increase...

GMT on leather in the shop window in Edinburgh today, said 3 people had tried it on.. no issue with them on leather but they're quoting September on bracelet

Also, rumour is the BB bronze will be discontinued after Basel apparently.

Earnest Jones at One New Change, Cheap Side London has one in the window on leather. First one I've seen in the flesh, still not sure about the leather but supply must have picked up.

Master
    Got a phone call from AD today - you were right: there’s a problem with getting the part from Geneva. It’s been delayed. It might turn up by the end of this week, then they can start repairing it next week. She then said that it’ll be priority because it’s been in for a long time before saying that it’s the same for lots of people and for all Tudor repairs. Can’t prioritise everyone! Haha!

Ok so it’s not only me then! Mine went in for repair end of January, was told 7-10 days and now being told they will contact me as soon as they have an update. I went straight to Rolex st James instead of going through AD.