closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1438

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Master
    That's horrific customer service. Fair enough there can always be a dodgy watch but when one is having multiple issues they should swap it.

I had similar situation with a speedy. The pusher broke twice Bf then it would lose 20 mins of time when I used the chrono.

It was repaired twice and on the third time the NATO also frayed so I demanded a new watch. This was goldsmiths and I'd had the watch about 7 months.

They sent it off and within a week I had a new watch and a letter from Omega head of customer service apologising and she gave me her direct dial if I faced any further issues with the new watch.

That's customer service !

Quote Originally Posted by Itizme View Post
    Well that's poor service all round, quite disappointing actually as fan of the brand.
    Here's a link to your options through which.
    The 3rd section seems relevent to your situation, especially writing to the store rather than the manufacturer.

Even if it's of no use to you perhaps it may benefit others

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...our-money-back
    Wow. I was calm about the whole situation but that has me quite angry as I was eluding to this and the AD was telling me opposite. The watch hasn't been sent off yet, but I'm in a real mind to kick up s**t and demand a refund (full or partial)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Tudor Blackbay GMT

Def kick up a stir. They had their one chance to repair so a refund is an actual right you have. Make sure they are aware of this. I’m sure it will come as a great surprise to those Fraser Fart scoundrels

Thanks for some great advice guys. I'll be going down to the AD Tomo morning (apparently the Tudor rep will be there) and have this out. Get the popcorn ready

Journeyman
    what times live streaming start ?

Joking aside, Best of luck.

Take Haywood with you

what times live streaming start ?

Joking aside, Best of luck.
    10:30 (GMT ) ...I'll have a 4 year old in tow.... couldn't make it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    That's horrific customer service. Fair enough there can always be a dodgy watch but when one is having multiple issues they should swap it.

I had similar situation with a speedy. The pusher broke twice Bf then it would lose 20 mins of time when I used the chrono.

It was repaired twice and on the third time the NATO also frayed so I demanded a new watch. This was goldsmiths and I'd had the watch about 7 months.

They sent it off and within a week I had a new watch and a letter from Omega head of customer service apologising and she gave me her direct dial if I faced any further issues with the new watch.

That's customer service !
    Superb!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpingjalapeno View Post
    10:30 (GMT ) ...I'll have a 4 year old in tow.... couldn't make it up!

Ha.
    Well sugary drinks and blue smarties are in order for the little one beforehand, then let them run wild in the shop. Sure that'll grab their attention.....

Ha.
    Well sugary drinks and blue smarties are in order for the little one beforehand, then let them run wild in the shop. Sure that'll grab their attention.....
    Ha u know!! Might stick an energy drink in for good measure.

I have two letters with me. One asking for repair one for refund. I have no idea how this ends. I hope I'm still part of the Tudor GMT family by the end of today...

Grand Master
    Thanks for some great advice guys. I'll be going down to the AD Tomo morning (apparently the Tudor rep will be there) and have this out. Get the popcorn ready

Good luck, but I doubt whether they’ll divulge what the problem really is, and that’s the question I would want an answer to. It seems incredible in this day ang age that a watch can be designed with a technical weakness, but judging by the anecdotes that appears to be the case. There will be a reason, Tudor will know the reason, but they’ll keep this info to themselves.

They have an obligation to provide you with a reliable watch, they’ll get there.......eventually. Whether you should get a replacement watch or refund is open to debate.

Good luck, try to pin them down to explaining the problem.........but it’ll be like wrestling with an eel.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Good luck, but I doubt whether they’ll divulge what the problem really is, and that’s the question I would want an answer to. It seems incredible in this day ang age that a watch can be designed with a technical weakness, but judging by the anecdotes that appears to be the case. There will be a reason, Tudor will know the reason, but they’ll keep this info to themselves.

They have an obligation to provide you with a reliable watch, they’ll get there.......eventually. Whether you should get a replacement watch or refund is open to debate.

Good luck, try to pin them down to explaining the problem.........but it’ll be like wrestling with an eel.
    One thing is for definite there is no way I will get to find out the real issue. I'm pretty set on refund over replacement. If the best my AD can do is ask me to do the donkey work and have me waiting 6 months for a replacement I'd rather take my monkey to another AD and wait on theirs.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    Looks great-I'm not sure about the rivets though... maybe they are a unique feature that makes it stand out?
    I had a look at a GMT in my local AD yesterday and I must admit that the bracelet rivets were a big turn off for me - they looked quite tacky ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I have two letters with me. One asking for repair one for refund. I have no idea how this ends. I hope I'm still part of the Tudor GMT family by the end of today...

There was someone on another forum who was having problems with a Tag watch. A quick call directly to Tag and they sorted the problem out for him without issue. It may be a case Tudor are completely unaware of the hassle you have gone through and would just replace the watch for you. It’s hardly a big deal to them to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    There was someone on another forum who was having problems with a Tag watch. A quick call directly to Tag and they sorted the problem out for him without issue. It may be a case Tudor are completely unaware of the hassle you have gone through and would just replace the watch for you. It’s hardly a big deal to them to do so.
    But you try and find a direct contact for Tudor..........

I have, never got one.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post

I have, never got one.
    Oh ok fair enough!

I have, never got one.
    I found this on Tudors website if it is of any help.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    If you can, take it to Rolex / Tudor at st James. Mines there for a repair now, I avoided going through AD as it’s just a pain in the backside. The treatment I got at Rolex HQ is completely different, extremely professional, even told me to bring my other Rolex / Tudor watches next time and they’d do an ultrasound clean for me for no cost. It’s the dealers that are a complete let down, but it’s the case with any product really (bmw for example)
    Last edited by gaurav_tzuk; 14th February 2019 at 13:38.

One thing is for definite there is no way I will get to find out the real issue. I'm pretty set on refund over replacement. If the best my AD can do is ask me to do the donkey work and have me waiting 6 months for a replacement I'd rather take my monkey to another AD and wait on theirs.

You can't call your little one a Monkey

Blog Entries
    This is better than any soap opera! What’s the news??

Update: Me and the wee man (daddy day care) made out way to the AD. He was bribed with an ice cream. Today the managers was in. He was pleasant from the off and seemed genuinely concerned. I explained the situation and I had two letters one with my preferred option (repair with good will gesture) and the other rejecting the watch and requesting refund.

The manager said the Tudor rep due in store was running late. I handed him the preferred option letter to pass on and for them to discuss and get back to me later today, he said he'd do his best but didn't give assurances. As my son was comfy I was offered a coffee and had a chat.

Update: Me and the wee man (daddy day care) made out way to the AD. He was bribed with an ice cream. Today the managers was in. He was pleasant from the off and seemed genuinely concerned. I explained the situation and I had two letters one with my preferred option (repair with good will gesture) and the other rejecting the watch and requesting refund.

The manager said the Tudor rep due in store was running late. I handed him the preferred option letter to pass on and for them to discuss and get back to me later today, he said he'd do his best but didn't give assurances. As my son was comfy I was offered a coffee and had a chat.

Half an hour later I had to get on with my day. As I was getting ready to leave the rep arrived. I introduced myself and quickly told of my issue. We waited for the manager to join and I explained the situation. I wanted to keep the watch but felt a good Will gesture would help greatly to restore faith in the process and company. He was great. Straight up apologised for the situation and basically said he was open for me to choose what happens. He included the option of a new watch delivered in two weeks!

I said I was happy at both options and would be happy at what was easier for Tudor and the AD. But voiced a replacement would be my preference if I could get the watch in 2 weeks (opting this time for the leather rather than bracelet)

I was very happy, with the manager but esp the Rep. One he arrived it took 5 mins to find a satisfactory solution and importantly an apology acknowledging things could have been better.

The manager is meant to call me with confirmation later this afternoon. I'll update when that happens.

Motto is only deal with the AD manager but things will only move when you have the ear of Tudor, who looked to offer no resistance and genuinely felt like my satisfaction was important.

There are other things that were said which I will post later. Thanks for help everyone, genuinely would have not been able to do this as well without the info given. The community rocks

Just got the call. We are all good and my new GMT will be here on just over 2 weeks all being well

Craftsman
    Excellent !!

And exactly how it should be... hats off to Tudor.. .not so sure about the AD..

Blog Entries
    Really should have been that outcome from the start.

Good outcome - only ones coming out of this badly are Fraser Hart it seems. Other than the manager their staff seemed not to give a toss.

Pretty shocking really - the AD should be ashamed and their staff need to be fully aware of consumer rights, far too many are very uninformed and others blatantly lie - they need to penalised in some substantive way in order to make them change their ways!
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    Did anyone cast any light on the nature of the problem? If a watch develops a fault, goes back for fixing, then develops the same fault again, an explanation should be offered. This shouldn’t happen unless there’s an inherent problem with the design or some parts.

I’ve come a across new quartz movements that hadn’t had the date jumper oiled, causing the date wheel to stick, and I recently came across a new ETA 2824 that ran badly in dial down position, possibly due to manufacturing tolerances working against it, but these are one-offs and not underlying faults.

Hopefully the replacement will prove to be fault-free, but I’d certainly be asking a few questions about the problems.

Craftsman
    I have had a few run ins over the years with companies and faulty goods and as rightly stated the consumer has alot more rights than the shops would like you to know about!!

They are fully within there rights to offer a repair but if it fails you are then well within your rights to get a full refund or replacement!

I had it a couple of years ago over a faulty Lazyboy sofa, had one chance to repair which failed then needless to say I got a full refund, shop manager was speachless when I told him what my rights were!!!
    I always find a letter to the MD direct usually makes things move alot quicker.

Glad you got this sorted as I have a couple of Tudors Inc the BB GMT (with no date issue by the way) but would expect a very good service from Tudor or the AD if I had any issues especially whilst still under warranty.

Talking of the date set fault, does anyone on the forum know the full details of the issue Tudor have had with this ??

Thanks everyone. I suppose the key thing in making my anger dissipate was that I felt I was being listened to. I agree this could have all been sorted easier, but it took the manager and the rep (I got v lucky he was visiting today) and me being firm with my displeasure (without being rude) that got the job done. Having the nuclear option of rejecting the items for a refund was important.

I really think that as the customer-brand interface, the AD should know enough to be able to offer this and know that the brand will back it up.
    This is Tudor we are discussing, a big brand, hoping to get bigger, and also part of the biggest (watch) brand.
    I am suprised it took this long, but the right result in the end

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Did anyone cast any light on the nature of the problem? If a watch develops a fault, goes back for fixing, then develops the same fault again, an explanation should be offered. This shouldn’t happen unless there’s an inherent problem with the design or some parts.

I’ve come a across new quartz movements that hadn’t had the date jumper oiled, causing the date wheel to stick, and I recently came across a new ETA 2824 that ran badly in dial down position, possibly due to manufacturing tolerances working against it, but these are one-offs and not underlying faults.

Hopefully the replacement will prove to be fault-free, but I’d certainly be asking a few questions about the problems.
    I said I didn't expect him to divulge the cause of the issue, but he told me it was overlubrication and Tudor had an original fix which they have now amended. I'm not too sure what that means. I did have one of the first GMTs (arrived in store 4th June) so I dunno if I'm ahead if a curve. Also it's not known if something in the movement causes excess oil to gather round the date mech.

I really think that as the customer-brand interface, the AD should know enough to be able to offer this and know that the brand will back it up.
    This is Tudor we are discussing, a big brand, hoping to get bigger, and also part of the biggest (watch) brand.
    I am suprised it took this long, but the right result in the end

Dave
    This is a huge point. Earlier yesterday I went to a different (well known) AD on the high street to see if any other watches were good alternatives for the GMT (they weren't). When talking to one of their staff I was told by law I had to agree to 3 repairs before refund. In the Tudor AD yesterday, I was told Tudor said they have to take the watches for repair rather than replacement and that was v unlikely. What these two individuals didnt realise is their arrangements with Tudor has nothing to do with my contact with the AD which they were in breach of by selling a faulty product. There was clearly a lack of knowledge of consumer rights, which must have knock on effect on after sales care. Thank goodness sense prevailed today.

On your first point, it honestly felt like the person I spoke to yesterday felt scared of Tudor. When I spoke to the rep today it was like water off a ducks back. ADs are most useful as showrooms is my current opinion.

Last edited by Jumpingjalapeno; 14th February 2019 at 20:08.

Craftsman
    Just got the call. We are all good and my new GMT will be here on just over 2 weeks all being well

Fantastic news, delighted you got this sorted. Well done for sticking to your guns calmly.

Is this the Fraser Hart in Edinburgh? That's where I got my GMT from and I've chatted with the manager a couple of times - very pleasant guy. Have to say, agree with comments on most of the other staff though. I went in pretty much every week for 3 months and most of them were pretty glazed over...

John

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Very pleased for you. It is the least the retailer could do. They had failed in their atempt to repair, therfore no other option.
    It is a fantastic watch and I love mine.
    I note that Revolution magazine have nominated it as "Ultimate Value Watch" of 218.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Fantastic news, delighted you got this sorted. Well done for sticking to your guns calmly.

Is this the Fraser Hart in Edinburgh? That's where I got my GMT from and I've chatted with the manager a couple of times - very pleasant guy. Have to say, agree with comments on most of the other staff though. I went in pretty much every week for 3 months and most of them were pretty glazed over...

John

Spot on John. Couldn't have summed it up better. Ps if u ever wanna chat over a coffee I'd be cool with that

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Very pleased for you. It is the least the retailer could do. They had failed in their atempt to repair, therfore no other option.
    It is a fantastic watch and I love mine.
    I note that Revolution magazine have nominated it as "Ultimate Value Watch" of 218.
    Thanks Gerard. I thought of many alternative options but when it came down to it they were only options to have along with the Tudor and not instead of it. Hence I made it clear to the Manager and AD a refund was my last option.

I saw Revolution's BW coverage, that along with the watch insider vid made up my mind.

Last edited by Jumpingjalapeno; 21st February 2019 at 09:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    I have had a few run ins over the years with companies and faulty goods and as rightly stated the consumer has alot more rights than the shops would like you to know about!!

They are fully within there rights to offer a repair but if it fails you are then well within your rights to get a full refund or replacement!

I had it a couple of years ago over a faulty Lazyboy sofa, had one chance to repair which failed then needless to say I got a full refund, shop manager was speachless when I told him what my rights were!!!
    I always find a letter to the MD direct usually makes things move alot quicker.

Glad you got this sorted as I have a couple of Tudors Inc the BB GMT (with no date issue by the way) but would expect a very good service from Tudor or the AD if I had any issues especially whilst still under warranty.

Talking of the date set fault, does anyone on the forum know the full details of the issue Tudor have had with this ??
    Agree with everything you say. The rep said the issue was excess lubrication. I hope that's true. Hope your GMT never fails u!

Journeyman
    result

result
    Thanks mate

So, if I have this right, you paid for a bracelet watch that failed, and are now accepting a replacement on leather as the remedy? Sure bracelet replacement plus leather for goodwill is the proper response?

Whatever; kudos for confronting the dealer. This date bug is a shocking indictment of Tudor QC and they have been shoddy in responding to it in my view. Real shame as spoils an otherwise lovely piece.

Craftsman
    Spot on John. Couldn't have summed it up better. Ps if u ever wanna chat over a coffee I'd be cool with that

Haha good man - I will take you up on that! I'll drop you a PM in a couple of weeks - working in London next week and may be picking up a new watch whilst there...

John

Quote Originally Posted by Pupp View Post
    So, if I have this right, you paid for a bracelet watch that failed, and are now accepting a replacement on leather as the remedy? Sure bracelet replacement plus leather for goodwill is the proper response?

Whatever; kudos for confronting the dealer. This date bug is a shocking indictment of Tudor QC and they have been shoddy in responding to it in my view. Real shame as spoils an otherwise lovely piece.
    No the replacement is on leather but with a refund of the difference in cost.

Fair enough; missed that...
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    No the replacement is on leather but with a refund of the difference in cost.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Haha good man - I will take you up on that! I'll drop you a PM in a couple of weeks - working in London next week and may be picking up a new watch whilst there...

John

Fair enough; missed that...
    Sorry Pupp missed your initial comment, Rusty is as always spot on. I was offered any GMT option, I never wear the bracelet and am not going to sell the watch so asked if I could get the leather and have the difference returned. I'm sure many would have taken the option of repair and goodwill strap and clasp.

Just thinking I have the ultimate fix for the date issue...a no date GMT

Glad you're content it's resolved

Glad you're content it's resolved
    . I just never wore the bracelet and it wasn't a superb fit on my wrist. (This message is just an excuse for posting a pic)