closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Omg. You’re right. And once seen can’t be unseen. 🤮
    If you’re basing that on the photo in this thread, the colour looks a bit off to be fair.

In the official pictures and other ones I’ve seen it’s blue and red...

And so it begins

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123164427811

Profiteering alive and well 臘*♂️
    Interesting.....

Goldsmiths are in Reading..........

Rat, smell, do I?

Master
    Just had my call to say mine is waiting for me! I'm away till next week though so will have to wait

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Tudor Blackbay GMT

And so it begins

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123164427811

Profiteering alive and well 🤦*♂️
    And Sold !?
    He should have asked for more !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    Just had my call to say mine is waiting for me! I'm away till next week though so will have to wait

Which AD was that?

Tudor Blackbay GMT

What one of these? Had a phone call at 10.45 this morning they loved it in the shop and I have to admit it is rather nice very classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by legin; 1st June 2018 at 14:10.

Master
    Which AD was that?
    DMR

Master
    Off to get mine at 3:30. Woohoo - sorry.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Good stuff. Glad they’ve landed in the Uk

Master
    Arrived at FH head office for distribution...

Quote Originally Posted by toptime View Post
    And Sold !?
    He should have asked for more !!!
    Not sold on Ebay

Blog Entries
    Look rather nice. And priced much more favourably than Rolex

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by legin View Post
    What one of these? Had a phone call at 10.45 this morning they loved it in the shop and I have to admit it is rather nice very classic

Looks like a few spots of rain in the dial/ bezel. Did you have to dash inside shortly after that??

Looking great. Not noticed before but the markers look smaller than the current black bay. Is it more akin to the pre maxi dial of the older gmt/ sub etc?

Master
    This is one good looking watch! I love it!

Master
    Blog Entries
    it is rather pretty!

i will definitely have to sell a pelagos or sinn U1 if i want to keep it though. its sitting on my desk just asking to be peeled and worn.......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    it is rather pretty!

i will definitely have to sell a pelagos or sinn U1 if i want to keep it though. its sitting on my desk just asking to be peeled and worn.......

As much as this model is “hot” and new to me I think it is inferior to the Pelagos. The Pelagos is thinner, lighter, more comfortable, has ceramic bezel and is a more complete watch that also comes with a rubber strap which is super comfortable. I think if you sell a Pelagos now once the “newness” hype has died down you will regret it unless you really need the GMT function.

Am just surprised they let you take it home on the off chance you might want to keep it.....

Master
    Blog Entries
    Am just surprised they let you take it home on the off chance you might want to keep it.....
    oh, sadly they did take a non refundable "deposit" of £2,790 first

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RW1N View Post
    Looking great. Not noticed before but the markers look smaller than the current black bay. Is it more akin to the pre maxi dial of the older gmt/ sub etc?
    The markers were the first thing I noticed too!! May well be a deal breaker for me.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    As much as this model is “hot” and new to me I think it is inferior to the Pelagos. The Pelagos is thinner, lighter, more comfortable, has ceramic bezel and is a more complete watch that also comes with a rubber strap which is super comfortable. I think if you sell a Pelagos now once the “newness” hype has died down you will regret it unless you really need the GMT function.
    i know what you mean but i have always loved the pepsi colours. still my favourite was to be an old seiko 7548 pepsi that i wish i had never sold.

they are rather different.

i was wondering what on earth that is on the glass of the gmt then i realised its my phone reflection, phew.

Master
    i know what you mean but i have always loved the pepsi colours. still my favourite was to be an old seiko 7548 pepsi that i wish i had never sold.

i was wondering what on earth that is on the glass of the gmt then i realised its my phone reflection, phew.
    That’s a good side by side shot...but confirms it for me, I def wouldn’t trade in my Pelagos for one. Plus as mentioned above the small hour makers would be a dealbreaker for me too.

Craftsman

Although the Pelagos is technically the better watch, I do very much prefer the look of the gmt (and black bay generally). Each to their own obviously, but I just can’t get on with the blocky appearance of the pelagos dial. Reminds me of Lego bricks😀

Always a bit of a heart stopper when you see a mark like that, then relief when it’s actually fine😀

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RW1N View Post
    Each to their own obviously, but I just can’t get on with the blocky appearance of the pelagos dial. Reminds me of Lego bricks
    Oh I adore the "Lego" indices, one of the reasons why I like my U1 so much.
    I don't really like MB hands so the snowflake tudor hands are a nice midway point for me. Basically I value legibility very highly, with the blue Pelagos you always know exactly what time it is.

But it would be boring if we all liked the same things.

That's a whole lot of opinion masquerading as fact.

Inferior? How? That's an opinion, but remember that the BB GMT actually has more features, for less money.
    Thinner? Yes and no. The case of the BB is no thicker than the Pelagos, but the BB crystal extends significantly above the bezel to give it its vintage feel, which the Pelagos does not, explaining the additional 0,6mm thickness of the BB
    Lighter? Yes, a little, but for a Ti watch the Pelagos is heavy.
    More comfortable? That's subjective, but the caseback and lug profile is almost identical, so unlikely other than the effect of weight
    Ceramic bezel? Sure, but the Ali insert is also part of the vintage BB feel.
    More complete? Not sure how to address this, but that is certainly an opinion.
    And yes, the Pelagos does come with rubber, but at additional cost (significant). And for many (like me) the rubber remains unused, as I am not a big fan of rubber with metal endlinks. The comfortable bit is also an opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I was and remain a Pelagos fan. I love mine, owned over 5 years now. It is an epic design, as I have stated before.
    But to dismiss the GMT so early on the basis of an opinionated comparison with the Pelagos is silly. Again, in my opinion.

Dave

That’s a good side by side shot...but confirms it for me, I def wouldn’t trade in my Pelagos for one. Plus as mentioned above the small hour makers would be a dealbreaker for me too.
    One’s a homage to an old Rolex and the other is a contemporary diver. Apples and oranges really.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    That's a whole lot of opinion masquerading as fact.

Inferior? How? That's an opinion, but remember that the BB GMT actually has more features, for less money.
    Thinner? Yes and no. The case of the BB is no thicker than the Pelagos, but the BB crystal extends significantly above the bezel to give it its vintage feel, which the Pelagos does not, explaining the additional 0,6mm thickness of the BB
    Lighter? Yes, a little, but for a Ti watch the Pelagos is heavy.
    More comfortable? That's subjective, but the caseback and lug profile is almost identical, so unlikely other than the effect of weight
    Ceramic bezel? Sure, but the Ali insert is also part of the vintage BB feel.
    More complete? Not sure how to address this, but that is certainly an opinion.
    And yes, the Pelagos does come with rubber, but at additional cost (significant). And for many (like me) the rubber remains unused, as I am not a big fan of rubber with metal endlinks. The comfortable bit is also an opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I was and remain a Pelagos fan. I love mine, owned over 5 years now. It is an epic design, as I have stated before.
    But to dismiss the GMT so early on the basis of an opinionated comparison with the Pelagos is silly. Again, in my opinion.

Dave
    It’s a whole lot of opinion masquerading as opinion.

Despite what you say you ultimately agree with me, apart from the “complete” statement, that is it lighter, thinner, has ceramic bezel, rubber strap and more comfortable (due to lower weight). Thank you.

Hardly dismissing the GMT “early” as it is near identical to other BB41 models bar bezel colour, GMT function and hour markers, so in a way it is kind of a known quantity. The traits in the current BB41 which I don’t like are the same in the BB GMT (slab profile, case height and weight) so I don’t have to see one in the flesh to compare it against other models.

Master
    One’s a homage to an old Rolex and the other is a contemporary diver. Apples and oranges really.
    I agree, completely different. Only stated as jmitch said he’d have to trade his Pelagos in to keep the GMT.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Strewth, there is another on t'bay for £3950
    eBay item number 323283002874

I wonder if that one will sell.

Also in Reading like the first but a different seller.....
    Last edited by jmitch; 1st June 2018 at 23:52.

I agree, completely different. Only stated as jmitch said he’d have to trade his Pelagos in to keep the GMT.
    Or SinnU1

Master
    Or SinnU1
    Yep, I agree. Don’t own the Sinn though so can’t offer an opinion on that.

Master
    I really am stunned that anyone would pay over RRP for this watch (as nice as it is), then again nothing surprises me anymore.

Find it hard to believe there will be a shortage of these, anyone paying over RRP is simply daft tbh, it’s the watch I want more than any as I really like the Tudor quality and the date, gmt function and the coloured bezel makes this my perfect watch.

I’ll wait till they start appearing on the SC to get mine, better start feeeing up funds...

Great to see these filtering through now, I'm looking forward to trying one.

Would be good to see a side by side comparison with a standard black bay I think so we can see if they are exactly the same or a little bit different i.e dimensions, side profile, indices etc

Master
    Strewth, there is another on t'bay for £3950
    eBay item number 323283002874

I wonder if that one will sell.

Also in Reading like the first but a different seller.....
    Wonder if it’s a cash thing?

Certain people who have plenty of cash to spare won’t be able to just go into a shop and buy one. I’m sure they want the latest models too.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Flying a kite.
    If one actually sells it will show what the market can bear

Craftsman

Have the blue Pelagos and will add the GMT (great side by side by the way) but will not buy into the hype!
    I'll wait whilst they are all in the windows and try on first.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

I can understand the hype - personally I think this new era of vintage homage timepieces will not go down well from a long term collecting perspective (anyone else think it is just lazy, repetitive design?!)

Can't see these watches being hard to come by in 6 months. My buddy picked his up this morning so my advice was to flip it while it's still a rarified commodity

Craftsman
    I’m really really loving the gmt .

Apprentice
    Nice reference for the price and complication.

Master
    Managed to have a look at a couple of the new GMT's while mooching around Leeds yesterday. Very nice in the flesh, and something i'd definitely like to add to my blossoming Black Bay collection! Was pleasantly surprised to hear the RRP on them as well. Chap said their list was full up to around March of next year, though i can't see these being any different than the Black Bay Bronze, which commanded a hefty premium in its first year or so, and is now in every high street AD's window.

Also saw the new Champagne dialled Black Bay. Wasn't so keen when i saw it in print, but in the flesh it works.

Last edited by Skip; 3rd June 2018 at 09:51.

Master
    Did they have the BB58?

I kind of expected a call from my AD on one last week after seeing the GMT about.

Still not heard of anyone picking up a bb58. Wonder if it will be a much heralded flop?

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Did they have the BB58?

I kind of expected a call from my AD on one last week after seeing the GMT about.
    I was quietly hoping as well.

Will give them a call in the week.

Master
    Blog Entries
    When I picked up the GMT I mentioned the bb58 and was told probably another month.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Did they have the BB58?

It was the gmt I wanted to see, didn’t as about the 58. Guy was happy to show me all the new arrivals, sure he would have pulled one out if they had it.

When I picked up the GMT I mentioned the bb58 and was told probably another month.
    That’s a bit irritating. Was hoping to buy both and since they won’t hold the gmt a month it will mean two trips to the AD. Both Basel releases - you’d think they could get their distribution sorted out ffs. Noobs

Are these the same thickness as the normal B.B.? As I sold mine for wearing too thick.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    Are these the same thickness as the normal B.B.? As I sold mine for wearing too thick.
    Thanks
    Gmt same
    Bb58 thinner

Gmt same
    Bb58 thinner
    Thanks, I did think so but was unsure as legins photo it does look quite slimmer.
    Oh well guess I’ll have to wait for the 58.

Still not heard of anyone picking up a bb58. Wonder if it will be a much heralded flop?
    Perhaps a flop compared to the GMT.

There certainly seems to be less interest compared to the GMT.

The BB58 will probably end up only being popular on watch forums, rather than with Joe Public.