closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Just looked at mine and it’s 10 mins past midnight and I’m still on yesterday’s date ...will have to keep an eye on this.
    It'll be fine; probably jump 2 days to compensate... ;)

Craftsman
    I'm still waiting for mine to come back from repair. What sort of wait is normal, six to eight weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVM View Post
    I'm still waiting for mine to come back from repair. What sort of wait is normal, six to eight weeks?
    That was my estimate from Omega for my Speedmaster so seems like the going timeframe for a service. From memory when I sent a Rolex in for service it was about 4-6 weeks. Service work should be quicker than warranty work because no polish etc.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That was my estimate from Omega for my Speedmaster so seems like the going timeframe for a service. From memory when I sent a Rolex in for service it was about 4-6 weeks. Service work should be quicker than warranty work because no polish etc.
    Thanks, I'll give them another week or so though. A little bit annoying as I only had it a week before it had to go back. :)

Journeyman
    When i was lookoing for this many talked about non refundable deposits with no guarantee delivery tiemframe - for a tudor no chance!!

With baselworld round corner dont see the excitement for chunky/faulty watch, i went for a bb58. If the date issue gets fixed and there is no announced bb58 GMT in March, i might consider

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by watchingyou View Post
    When i was lookoing for this many talked about non refundable deposits with no guarantee delivery tiemframe - for a tudor no chance!!

With baselworld round corner dont see the excitement for chunky/faulty watch, i went for a bb58. If the date issue gets fixed and there is no announced bb58 GMT in March, i might consider
    I paid a refundable deposit in June and was told delivery before Christmas was likely, but not guaranteed. At the time tine I wasn't aware of the date issue, but I believe this has largely been resolved now. My watch arrived in early November, but has been with Tudor for repair since mid-November. As mentioned earlier in this thread, my issue was not down to the date wheel.

I personally feel the watch is gorgeous and while thick, doesn't really wear as such. Having said that, the whole experience has spoiled the watch a bit for me and I'm getting tempted by a white OP 39. I'll see how I feel when the watch is back.

The BB58 looks incredible though! :)

I paid a refundable deposit in June and was told delivery before Christmas was likely, but not guaranteed. At the time tine I wasn't aware of the date issue, but I believe this has largely been resolved now. My watch arrived in early November, but has been with Tudor for repair since mid-November. As mentioned earlier in this thread, my issue was not down to the date wheel.

I personally feel the watch is gorgeous and while thick, doesn't really wear as such. Having said that, the whole experience has spoiled the watch a bit for me and I'm getting tempted by a white OP 39. I'll see how I feel when the watch is back.

The BB58 looks incredible though! :)
    It tarnished my own experience too but that’s all gone now it’s back on the wrist. Love it

Master
    Mine went in 10th November, got it back 21st December.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    It tarnished my own experience too but that’s all gone now it’s back on the wrist. Love it
    That's how I'm hoping I'll feel too!

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Mine went in 10th November, got it back 21st December.

Just got a call about two hours ago saying mine is back!

That's how I'm hoping I'll feel too!

Just got a call about two hours ago saying mine is back!

Craftsman
    For a watch with a quoted 70 hour power reserve, mine stops a lot - I wear it every day from around 8am to 10pm during the week. I went to put it on around 2pm today and it had stopped at just gone 1pm, so it had only been sat for around 14 hours....

Craftsman
    Mine arrived at RSC St James on 14th November, and was ready to be returned on 30th November.

For info, they required the warranty card to be sent in with the watch.

Dealt direct with RSC,
    No AD involvement.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pauly View Post
    For a watch with a quoted 70 hour power reserve, mine stops a lot - I wear it every day from around 8am to 10pm during the week. I went to put it on around 2pm today and it had stopped at just gone 1pm, so it had only been sat for around 14 hours....
    Have you fully wound the crown? Needs about 20 full turns

Craftsman
    Yes - wound at least 20 times.

Tudor QC seems to be asleep on the job. Date problems, power reserve problems….

Pauly, I’ve heard that roughly 4 hrs of wear should fully wind an automatic (rotor winding both ways; on some Seiko (edit) Citizen/Miyota movements the rotor only winds one way, so it could take longer). Wearing your watch 8am - 10pm should fully wind the watch, and I’d expect AT LEAST 40 hrs reserve. Running down 14 hrs later is just not right; take it in for repair or replacement.

I get 40 hrs easily from my ETA 2436 and 2693 movements.
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 13th January 2019 at 02:53.

Craftsman
    I’m conducting an experiment. The watch has been sat on the table since 6pm. I’ll see if / what time it stops tomorrow.

On most of the automatics I’ve owned, they’ve needed a good 40-50 turns before I hear the clutch slipping. I’m sure 20 isn’t enough. 4 hours wear also seems too little to fully wind an automatic unless you are constantly windmilling your arms slowly over that 4 hour period.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    On most of the automatics I’ve owned, they’ve needed a good 40-50 turns before I hear the clutch slipping. I’m sure 20 isn’t enough. 4 hours wear also seems too little to fully wind an automatic unless you are constantly windmilling your arms slowly over that 4 hour period.
    Wax on, wax off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t sound right to me.

My North Flag, with a different version of the 70 hour PR in-house movement, is full wound from a walk of about an hour.

Master
    I'm sure you mean, have you fully wound the mainspring;)....and with a 70hr power reserve, at least 40 full turns of the winding crown from an unwound spring would bring you up to a good starting reserve of power for this movement IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    ... 4 hours wear also seems too little to fully wind an automatic unless you are constantly windmilling your arms slowly over that 4 hour period.
    I could've specified, "normal wear with normal activity." Sedentary desk work, probably takes longer.

I too will sometimes take an ETA-based watch out for a 20-30 minute run (really, that's about all, it comes off 10 minutes after I'm back), and take it off. It's still running 24-36 hours later. YMMV and apparently does.
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 6th January 2019 at 07:53.

Journeyman
    I'm currently in Zurich and was hoping to pick one up here, but surprisingly there's no "available" stock here either. I was in Bucherer and saw 3 people picking up their Rolex Sub and GMTs, and apparently have BB GMTs too but you have to be on the waiting list. It's crazy.... And definitely not paying £1k over the odds.

If you're ever in Switzerland, I highly recommend going to Interlaken. The variety and stock of watches is incredible!

Craftsman
    I’m conducting an experiment. The watch has been sat on the table since 6pm. I’ll see if / what time it stops tomorrow.
    17.5 hours and still going strong. Weird!

Craftsman
    17.5 hours and still going strong. Weird!
    Aaaaaand it’s on it’s way back to Tudor. Was still showing “5” in the date window this afternoon, pulled the crown out to the winding position and it jumped to half way between 5/6. Pulled it out to the next click to change the date manually, wound the hour hand round and it jumped to 14!!!

Wonder if a thread was started on any one other particular watch just how many QC issues would be raised?

It's a real shame this; quite spoils what is otherwise a cracking watch. Even after a fix has been performed, I'd just be waiting for it to malfunction again... it's not as if a date window is a major or novel complication; real egg on face for Rolex IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Pupp View Post
    It's a real shame this; quite spoils what is otherwise a cracking watch. Even after a fix has been performed, I'd just be waiting for it to malfunction again... it's not as if a date window is a major or novel complication; real egg on face for Rolex IMO
    As above, start a thread on any new watch and I am sure there will be a number of issues with customer feedback such is life its hardly unique to Tudor the fact that its all on one thread may make it seem a little exaggerated.

The many reported instances of this watch having to go back multiple times for warranty rectification confirms Tudor’s official explanation of the problem is bollocks.

Craftsman
    I collected mine post-repair yesterday, which was seven weeks after I dropped it off. The particle beneath the crystal was removed and the watch was given a service. It is good to have it back, it really does look great.

Master
    I was massively underwhelmed when I tried one on. I desperately wanted to like it and planned on picking one up down the line but in the flesh It didn't do it for me at all.

Craftsman
    One of my favourite watches

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hot66 View Post
    One of my favourite watches

One of the best releases this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    some Seiko movements the rotor only winds one way, so it could take longer.
    Which movements would those be?

Sent from my LG-H930 using TZ-UK mobile app

Agreed. One of my favourites which has not really been off my wrist since getting it last month.

Regards
    Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCRC View Post

Sent from my LG-H930 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Seiko 6S.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    No problem with mine after two months. But I'm not looking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Seiko 6S.
    The 6S caliber has bidirectional winding.

Martin

The 6S caliber has bidirectional winding.

Martin
    Not according to the Orbita database: https://www.orbita.com/winder-suppor...atches=Search#

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Not according to the Orbita database: https://www.orbita.com/winder-suppor...atches=Search#
    That site also suggests that the Heuer 1887 employs bidirectional winding but TAG 1887 is essentially the same movement as the 6S37. You can even see in the exploded diagram of the 1887 shown here the presence of the Seiko magic lever system for converting bidirectional rotor movement into unidirectional winding of the mainspring. The same site explicitly states that the 6S37 uses the magic lever system (here).

Martin

That site also suggests that the Heuer 1887 employs bidirectional winding but TAG 1887 is essentially the same movement as the 6S37. You can even see in the exploded diagram of the 1887 shown here the presence of the Seiko magic lever system for converting bidirectional rotor movement into unidirectional winding of the mainspring. The same site explicitly states that the 6S37 uses the magic lever system (here).

Martin
    Alright, I seem to have relied on the wrong data source. Thanks for correcting me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    One of the best releases this year.
    Definitely. I've been wearing mine since I collected it post repair on Sunday and am in love with it again. :)

Journeyman
    put down a 10% deposit with high rice Harrogate today (refundable at any time)
    they advised that they had a meeting with the Tudor rep yesterday who hasn't got an update on Eta for arrivals.
    however I am number 3 on there list and they have had the watches in batches previously of 3 or 4 so hopefully I'll get one in the next batch.
    called in there at the weekend and service was good although they were very busy. will try and forget about it now until it turns up. think people trying to sell these above list are having a laugh.
    the only way I may not proceed is in the unlikely event my Batman turns up before it.

Craftsman
    They are a great AD and will look after you. The girls are proper watch enthusiasts

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hot66 View Post
    They are a great AD and will look after you. The girls are proper watch enthusiasts
    Good to know. Had the best vibes off them of the Ads spoken to.
    Had been wanting to check Harrogate out for a while so popped up at the weekend in order to show a bit of commitment.
    Had a nice spot of lunch at the Fat Badger shame I'm on dry Jan. Will stay for the night when collect and have a night out with the Mrs.

Apprentice
    Most AD's here (Hong Kong) haven't even seen the GMT.......yet.

90% of the stores dont even sell Tudor sports range anymore. Walked into most AD's sporting mine on a bracelet and I get staff asking to see it up close

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Just spoken to a number of stores (incl WOS, Tourneau, horilogio) while over in Vegas and they are citing April to September as the expected ETA (and that they have barely seen any stock so far)

I mispoke, it wasn't Seiko movements I was thinking of, but Citizen/Miyota.

I can't find authoritative information, but I believe I've seen Invictas come with the Miyota 8215 or 6Txx calibres, which wind CW or CCW (indicated by an arrow on the rotor).

That Orbita site seems to have incomplete info, but does list several brands using Miyota movements (specifying CW or CCW winding). Also...

https://www.watch-wiki.net/index.php?title=Miyota_8215
    https://www.watch-wiki.net/index.php?title=Miyota_9015

Orbita also lists Citizen 8215, 8217, and 6T51 movements with unidirectional winding rotor. (Miyota movements are made by Citizen.)
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 13th January 2019 at 04:09.

Master
    Paid for mine yesterday, as it has arrived
    They are sending it up to a local branch for me to collect this weekend

So there must be another batch in the country

Cheers

Kevin

Craftsman
    I just got the call this afternoon - mine has arrived at Fraser Hart in Edinburgh. I'm in London for work until Friday, so picking it up then

John

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I just got the call this afternoon - mine has arrived at Fraser Hart in Edinburgh. I'm in London for work until Friday, so picking it up then

John

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Awesome! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk