closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I put my name down for one a few months ago. Since then I have considered most of those that have turned up on SC, been tempted but not enough.
    Now another one just posted on SC. So what is it that turns people off the GMT after a relatively short ownership?
    The ability to make a few hundred quid!
    I think the negative publicity surrounding the date issue may have put people off which is a shame as it's a really cracking watch, however, I understand why people are unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchypirate View Post
    The ability to make a few hundred quid!
    I think the negative publicity surrounding the date issue may have put people off which is a shame as it's a really cracking watch, however, I understand why people are unhappy.
    The ones on sales corner have been sold at rrp so not to make a few quid for the most part

Craftsman
    I have just collected mine from the AD after a six month wait, first impressions? It’s fantastic.

One reservation however; it’s very big (thick) and top heavy even on bracelet so I would imagine it’s worse on Nato/leather - but then my daily wearer has been BLNR for a while...

What it has done is push me towards the older genaration Rolex GMT coke/pepsi.
    Last edited by trainspanner; 10th November 2018 at 23:56.

Craftsman
    Mine arrived about two weeks ago and I collected it from the AD on 10/11. It is a fantastic watch, though as others have mentioned it is very thick. I've found it to be very comfortable, despite its size and weight.

Unfortunately, I only had mine a week before it had to be sent back to Tudor for repair. In this case, it wasn't the date issue.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperVM View Post
    Mine arrived about two weeks ago and I collected it from the AD on 10/11. It is a fantastic watch, though as others have mentioned it is very thick. I've found it to be very comfortable, despite its size and weight.

Unfortunately, I only had mine a week before it had to be sent back to Tudor for repair. In this case, it wasn't the date issue.
    You can't leave us hanging!! What was the issue for the return?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakar View Post
    You can't leave us hanging!! What was the issue for the return?
    Sorry! :)

Something floating around beneath the crystal. It only became visible after a few days of wearing the watch.

Craftsman
    Sorry! :)

Something floating around beneath the crystal. It only became visible after a few days of wearing the watch.
    Wow..that's not good..fingers crossed they get it back to you asap..

Had a voice mail from Goldsmiths last week. Thankfully the novelty has worn off so I didn’t bother returning their call. Quite good that there is a wait otherwise I may have bought one. Now it’s a bit meh.

Craftsman
    What are you last two on about. Most here are buying it because they like the look of it and want a nice GMT ... nothing to do with the Rolex situation

Craftsman
    Wow..that's not good..fingers crossed they get it back to you asap..
    Four weeks supposedly. It was lovely when it was with me, I'm looking forward to its return.

Master
    Got a call on Monday, collected today. It's a big watch. Makes my Tudor sub look dinky and the Explorer 2 quite dainty but it is a 'looker' without a doubt. Easy to read. I'm going to wear it daily for a few weeks to make sure everything is working perfectly.

PS: Just noticed, no hangtag. Is this normal now?
    Last edited by Harry Smith; 21st November 2018 at 20:42.

Craftsman
    Got a call on Monday, collected today. It's a big watch. Makes my Tudor sub look dinky and the Explorer 2 quite dainty but it is a 'looker' without a doubt. Easy to read. I'm going to wear it daily for a few weeks to make sure everything is working perfectly.

Indeed, it is a bit large, but very handsome.

Mine didn't come with a hangtag either, but then it was a replacement incorrectly sent for a customer who had returned one on strap for repair and Tudor sent mine on bracelet instead, so I'm not sure it would have come with one anyway.

Yes, no hangtag with mine either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Mine came with a white pastic tag on a piece of red string. I think it had the model number and stuff printed on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Mine came with a white pastic tag on a piece of red string. I think it had the model number and stuff printed on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gmt and bb58 both came with everything for me incl the travel coffin thingies

Craftsman
    If anyone is interested in a black bay gmt on bracelet I've just passed on one from Michael spiers in Plymouth.. if you're quick it may still be available? Ask for the watch manager that's who called me sorry forgot his name...
    Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    I’ve been wearing mine for the last 2 weeks and it has lost 2 seconds. One of the most accurate watches I’ve had to be fair. I Have had no issues so happy days.

I have to say it’s become one of my favourite watches. Looks great on a multitude of straps, currently on a crafter blue.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    You've mashed that in upside-down!!

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    You've mashed that in upside-down!!
    Best blame Tudor - that was the box being opened. My guess....the AD tried it on *

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Crickey, how many price labels to they need on the coffin!

Craftsman
    On the subject of price I assume no discounts are given on these as they are highly sought after at the moment?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MalaMD View Post
    On the subject of price I assume no discounts are given on these as they are highly sought after at the moment?
    I asked and didn’t get anything. Had to ask though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    I asked and didn’t get anything. Had to ask though.
    I asked too and the answer was no, not this early after release. Give it a few months they will be available.
    At the Tudor evening I went to a few weeks ago they received 12 orders. The UK head of Tudor said he would do his best to get these fulfilled before Christmas. All 12 have been delivered.
    So they are coming through thick and fast now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just picked up mine from Beaverbrooks Gateshead Metrocenter, I was told the 10 they had ordered following their Tudor "Do" in October are now in stock.I assume these are orders with deposits as was mine.

Craftsman
    This is making me angry that I’ve been on the list at goldsmiths Eldon sq since launch and nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by joe1978 View Post
    This is making me angry that I’ve been on the list at goldsmiths Eldon sq since launch and nothing.
    Was in the Goldsmiths I bought mine from at the weekend - the manager told me so far they have only received 2 in that store including mine.

Master
    I was number one on the list for the BB58 at my AD, never heard a peep about it again so can only assume friend/family/dealer got my watch.

Really? Have you considered getting it on the leather strap and the bracelet separate? On the leather strap the wait is much less (only a few months) I was told on the bracelet it was much longer (looking at 12)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Really? Have you considered getting it on the leather strap and the bracelet separate? On the leather strap the wait is much less (only a few months) I was told on the bracelet it was much longer (looking at 12)
    The AD says they have only has 3 since launch of any iteration. I'd rather wait for the bracelet but cheers for the info
    Joe

The AD says they have only has 3 since launch of any iteration. I'd rather wait for the bracelet but cheers for the info
    Joe
    I have ordered mine on a leather strap and will get the bracelet separate. Will update the thread if it comes in early.

Master
    FWIW I switched mine to a Steveostraps leather strap which I prefer to wear mine on.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

I'd like to see one on the Tudor aged blue leather strap of the blue Black Bay. In my mind's eye that's a great combination.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    If anyone is interested in a black bay gmt on bracelet I've just passed on one from Michael spiers in Plymouth.. if you're quick it may still be available? Ask for the watch manager that's who called me sorry forgot his name...
    Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app
    "George"

Ernie in Plymouth

Craftsman
    Gmt nato on sale on eBay just doesn’t look right?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173679780334

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    Gmt nato on sale on eBay just doesn’t look right?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173679780334
    Very odd, says it came with his gmt but doesn’t know if it’s genuine or not, how does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Very odd, says it came with his gmt but doesn’t know if it’s genuine or not, how does that work?
    It’s not the gmt nato.

Journeyman

date change at 12 am

Hi guys,
    I would like to hear from you if the date on the Tudor GMT changes exactly at 12 am as Rolex matches do because mine is changing date minutes past 12.
    Is that normal?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rori View Post
    Hi guys,
    I would like to hear from you if the date on the Tudor GMT changes exactly at 12 am as Rolex matches do because mine is changing date minutes past 12.
    Is that normal?
    I'm pretty sure mine was a few minutes past 12. I can check when it comes back from Tudor. I believe this had been covered in other threads, perhaps on WUS, about the date wheel issue.

Journeyman
    There is one at Fraser Hart in One New Change if anyone's interested, on a nato tho.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zcahhi6 View Post
    There is one at Fraser Hart in One New Change if anyone's interested, on a nato tho.
    They must be starting to receive their large order, enquired last month and said they had a shipment of 200/300 GMT’s for their network.

Craftsman
    I asked in Edinburgh Fraser Hart last week and they said they weren't expecting any until late January now.

I put my name down late October for a GMT and was told I had a v good chance of getting it before Xmas. Been in almost every week since but no luck yet. That said, I'm not in a major rush and happy to wait.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I asked in Edinburgh Fraser Hart last week and they said they weren't expecting any until late January now.

I put my name down late October for a GMT and was told I had a v good chance of getting it before Xmas. Been in almost every week since but no luck yet. That said, I'm not in a major rush and happy to wait.

Did you put a deposit down? I was told mine would be due in around March. Never really thought to call and ask to be fair, they said March so unless its April dont plan to call or even ask.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Did you put a deposit down? I was told mine would be due in around March. Never really thought to call and ask to be fair, they said March so unless its April dont plan to call or even ask.
    Yes I took advantage of their interest free credit, so had to put 15% down. They told me at that point that they'd just had one in and given it to the last person on their waiting list, so I went straight to the top of the list. No way for me to tell if that's true or not, but I walk past several times a week due to where I work - so I figure popping in every now and again is harmless.

Craftsman
    I saw that yesterday too. Only way i could justify the purchase is if I got rid of my zenith but I'd be making a fair loss on that and I've only had it for a year
    Quote Originally Posted by zcahhi6 View Post
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Got the call..was in a meeting.. said I'd call back within the hour.. called back.. Sold to another.. doh!

Top of the list for the next one..

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    I'd like to see one on the Tudor aged blue leather strap of the blue Black Bay. In my mind's eye that's a great combination.
    Colareb do a strap which isn't a million miles away

Master
    Got the call..was in a meeting.. said I'd call back within the hour.. called back.. Sold to another.. doh!

Top of the list for the next one..
    That’s rubbish service imo. When I got call for mine on a Monday they happily held it till Friday close of business. Same service with the call from Harrods they held it for me.

Grand Master
    I'm pretty sure mine was a few minutes past 12. I can check when it comes back from Tudor. I believe this had been covered in other threads, perhaps on WUS, about the date wheel issue.
    What you guys don’t realise is how difficult it is to get the hands fitted in such a way that the date will change exactly at 12, and change exactly at 12 every day! We’re talking about a mechanical item here, it isn’t digital. A good guy wll get the hands fitted so that it changes between 12 and 5 past, that’s really the best you can expect and if it does change at bang on 12 you’re lucky.

Think about it; it’s the fitting of the hour hand that dictates whether the date change is correct or not, it isn’t the minute hand. The minute hand is fitted to synchronise with the hour hand and provided the movement isn’t worn or the dials off- centre (or printed slightly wrong) the hands should be correct at 3, 6, 9 and 12, what you don’t do is synchronise the minute hand to enable the date to change bang on 12! Hands that are out of synch is an annoying fault and you should never see that on a quality watch in good condition. The date changing between 12 and 5 past is within acceptable tolerance.

I have an Omega that’s never been serviced and that changes at 15 minutes past.........that’s a bit poor but I guess it doesn’t matter too much, the date doesn’t change instantaneously so you couldn’t get the date mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Colareb do a strap which isn't a million miles away
    This Watchgecko strap looks the business on it.