closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Quote Originally Posted by pcworks View Post
    Can I ask a question to the owners of a GMT, what is the day to day time keeping accuracy on these? I would love to buy a GMT but I am very anal about accuracy, I sold a PO because it gained 4 seconds per day.
    All joking aside if 4 seconds a day is a deal breaker then mechanical watches are best avoided. Stick to the HAQ

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    All joking aside if 4 seconds a day is a deal breaker then mechanical watches are best avoided. Stick to the HAQ
    Sadly, I think you are correct.
    Last edited by pcworks; 24th September 2018 at 17:47. Reason: poor spelling!!

Sadly, I think you are coorect.
    Fortunately, he's not, watches guaranteeing a significantly better performance than -4/+4 sec/day from mechanical movements are readily available. The standard that Rolex hold their new watches to is "-2/+2 sec/day, after casing".

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Fortunately, he's not, watches guaranteeing a significantly better performance than -4/+4 sec/day from mechanical movements are readily available. The standard that Rolex hold their new watches to is "-2/+2 sec/day, after casing".
    I think I am getting more OCD about time and accuracy with age, I seem to be looking for perfection in an imperfect world. I suspect I should look for a Casio GPS watch as this would satisfy the accuracy requirement and would be an upgrade on the 5610.

I think I am getting more OCD about time and accuracy with age, I seem to be looking for perfection in an imperfect world. I suspect I should look for a Casio GPS watch as this would satisfy the accuracy requirement and would be an upgrade on the 5610.
    You don't need GPS. Any 'Casio connected' watch will do.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Well known that even mighty Rolex fall out of the tolerance range. They don’t all stay as per factory for 5 or 10 yrs till service.

Was thinking exactly the same.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    The dealer I was on the list with held mine for a week as I was out of the country. No deposit needed, just a verbal commitment
    I even offered to pay in full over the phone but they insisted on a face to face transaction!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rigster2 View Post
    I even offered to pay in full over the phone but they insisted on a face to face transaction!

Exactly same happened to me. I don't quite understand the logic. Perhaps the AD wants u to sample their Luke warm coffee?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpingjalapeno View Post
    Exactly same happened to me. I don't quite understand the logic. Perhaps the AD wants u to sample their Luke warm coffee?

I think it as something to do with security.and to protect shop owner that's what' I was told whan I tried to pay for an expensive watch

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    I think it as something to do with security.and to protect shop owner that's what' I was told whan I tried to pay for an expensive watch
    So to protect the owner you get within striking distance so you can eyeball him in person. Abstract theory at best 🤦*♂️

Master
    So to protect the owner you get within striking distance so you can eyeball him in person. Abstract theory at best 🤦*♂️
    I suspect it might be more to do with money laundering. Pay for the watch in full. Then purchaser decides not to proceed. Asks for money to be returned and, hey presto, purchaser then has "clean" funds.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    I suspect it might be more to do with money laundering. Pay for the watch in full. Then purchaser decides not to proceed. Asks for money to be returned and, hey presto, purchaser then has "clean" funds.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Or to weed out who is serious about buying, from those who are on 12 AD lists maybe

Craftsman
    They are starting to appear again, I had a call this morning and am now on the way to pick it up.
    Hopefully no issues with the watch!
    I will post a picture later.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Just got back from picking the GMT up and I have got to say I am very impressed with the weight and quality.
    I appreciate we all know what they look like by now but here is quick picture.

Last edited by noidea; 26th September 2018 at 15:06.

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Just got back from picking the GMT up and I have got to say I am very impressed with the weight and quality.

Can never have too many pictures - hope you enjoy it

Craftsman
    It is a lovely watch, I am quite smitten.
    All de-stickered and sized.

Heads up for anyone looking.

Windsor Bishop in Norwich have a GMT in the window on the NATO. The next person on the list for one changed their minds and now wants the leather strap. May be useful for someone looking?

Congrats. U can never have too many pics.

Really nice.

It is a lovely watch, I am quite smitten.
    All de-stickered and sized.

Heads up for anyone looking.

Windsor Bishop in Norwich have a GMT in the window on the NATO. The next person on the list for one changed their minds and now wants the leather strap. May be useful for someone looking?

I just spotted that in the window and was going to let ppl know... beat me to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    I just spotted that in the window and was going to let ppl know... beat me to it!

Not sure how much NATO love there is for this watch.
    For me it made more sense to go for the strap as that is the most cost effective.

Congrats, its a beauty!

Do you find you can hear the rotor winding when moving your hand around? I had that experience with a Tudor around 10 years ago which threw me off the brand a bit - I'm sure they've stepped up significantly over the past few years!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jayleb View Post
    Congrats, its a beauty!

Do you find you can hear the rotor winding when moving your hand around? I had that experience with a Tudor around 10 years ago which threw me off the brand a bit - I'm sure they've stepped up significantly over the past few years!
    Not that I have noticed, but now I am going to have to check when I get home!

Master
    Had my deposit down for months, but the production stoppage means it's not here yet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Had my deposit down for months, but the production stoppage means it's not here yet!!!
    Production stoppage? Is that actually confirmed... would seem to be properly indicated by the date aggro but would be interesting to know if Tudor/Rolex have stated they have paused supply to address. If so, to my mind, could imply something more than a *simple* lube dose problem?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupp View Post
    Production stoppage? Is that actually confirmed... would seem to be properly indicated by the date aggro but would be interesting to know if Tudor/Rolex have stated they have paused supply to address. If so, to my mind, could imply something more than a *simple* lube dose problem?
    Agreed, and the AD were quite specific about it!
    Glad mine will be the new batch...

Quote Originally Posted by Pupp View Post
    I never bought the lubrication story.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    I never bought the lubrication story.
    Same, why would they be replacing "components" if it was simply excessive lube.

Craftsman
    Enjoying a beer in La Rochelle and there is a GMT sat in the window of the Tudor AD. Been there a few days now.

With the exchange rate it’s about Ł400 more than UK though. They offered a little discount but not enough to come down to UK price. €3,400 is the best they’ll do, so around Ł3,028. They told me they have had no issues with QC and none returned to date.

Neil

Shame it's that much of a jump over UK price. I'm surprised they offered a discount at all with how popular the model is. Perhaps that's a bigger thing in the UK than elsewhere.

Craftsman
    Sorry if this has been covered previously but could someone confirm if the blue / red bezel colours are the same as the blue and red on the regular BB's? Thanks

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MalaMD View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered previously but could someone confirm if the blue / red bezel colours are the same as the blue and red on the regular BB's? Thanks
    Yes they are the same

Craftsman
    Great, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Yes they are the same
    Are we sure about this? I thought I recalled seeing a side by side of the BB Blue and GMT which showed a significant difference. Unfortunately I can't remember where I saw this, so I can't check if I'm talking rubbish Certainly before the GMT was available it was thought that they were the same shades.

The problem is neither the red nor the blue photograph well.

Craftsman
    I was told in the Tudor store that they were definitely the same but I wasn't totally convinced so thought I'd check in here!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Picking it up this w/e!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    The problem is neither the red nor the blue photograph well.
    All in eye of beholder but I think the reds the same but the blue is more subdued hence the almost black in some lights

I haven’t seen it look as black as that before. I think the colours are good and in my option are better than the new Rolex blro.

If you want a working one buy a rolex

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mathif View Post
    If you want a working one buy a rolex

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Rolex had the same issue
    https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=403658

Good info, wasn’t expecting that!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Wow, there are some people over there than confidently state a load of rubbish in their posts.

"The Problem is this or that" - errrr, no
    "The date changeover is mechanical and therefore not instant" - errr, no

But fascinating that it happend on their version of the movment too, so thanks for linking that across
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Wow, there are some people over there than confidently state a load of rubbish in their posts.

"The Problem is this or that" - errrr, no
    "The date changeover is mechanical and therefore not instant" - errr, no

But fascinating that it happend on their version of the movment too, so thanks for linking that across
    Dave
    Ye I don’t know the mechanics of the Rolex issue. Was just aware through forums it existed. Can’t vouch for the comments

Master
    Picked one of these up today and am really happy, they look even better in the flesh. I love the watch but my only criticism is why only have one removable links on the 6 o’clock side?? I have smallish wrists so the clasp is not centred on the underside of my wrist. Not uncomfortable, just a minor OCD irritation. I really am happy though. Anyone on the fence of these should defo give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    Picked one of these up today and am really happy, they look even better in the flesh. I love the watch but my only criticism is why only have one removable links on the 6 o’clock side?? I have smallish wrists so the clasp is not centred on the underside of my wrist. Not uncomfortable, just a minor OCD irritation. I really am happy though. Anyone on the fence of these should defo give it a try.

You can take 2 out on 6 o’clock side by removing the link that enters the clasp. The clasp holder is just held with a springbar.

Master
    You can take 2 out on 6 o’clock side by removing the link that enters the clasp. The clasp holder is just held with a springbar.
    Awesome, just moved a link over and problem solved...thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    Awesome, just moved a link over and problem solved...thanks!!

No worries

Journeyman
    A whole day and no picture?

I am still keeping the BB GMT on Erica's. Makes the watch pop. Will change to bracelet for the office soon although I prefer to wear smaller watches at work.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by radarcontact View Post
    A whole day and no picture?

I am still keeping the BB GMT on Erica's. Makes the watch pop. Will change to bracelet for the office soon although I prefer to wear smaller watches at work.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
    Ye thinking of putting mine back on the EO