closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Pupp View Post
    Care to share where avail at RRP with no wait?
    List it - best way to find out 🤣. With 13% Ebay and Paypal fees you need to sell for £3152 just to break even. Since most recent sold one on Ebay are around £3k and under I wish you good luck in your quest

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    List it - best way to find out 🤣. With 13% Ebay and Paypal fees you need to sell for £3152 just to break even. Since most recent sold one on Ebay are around £3k and under I wish you good luck in your quest
    No, didn't think you could.

And why are you assuming Ebay or PP feature in its future? Been foraging mushrooms and got a wrong-un?

And why are you assuming Ebay or PP feature in its future? Been foraging mushrooms and got a wrong-un?
    Like I say good luck. Maybe gumtree awaits you. Your personality will attract a colourful clientele I’m sure.

Like I say good luck. Maybe gumtree awaits you. Your personality will attract a colourful clientele I’m sure.
    Perhaps he could list it on SC here.....

Or alternatively casually mention that he bought it to flip, on the off chance that someone on here will offer to buy at more than RRP.....

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Perhaps he could list it on SC here.....

Or alternatively casually mention that he bought it to flip, on the off chance that someone on here will offer to buy at more than RRP.....
    I’m sure that never crossed his mind.

Craftsman

RRP

I think the flippers have got this one wrong if they were looking to make a profit on the GMT. With availability quite clearly not limited as some were predicting, no profit to be made on this.

Get your money back or loss a couple of hundred via a private sale or loss bigger via a dealer, choice is yours or you could keep it but cannot see this ever being a big gainer in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    I think the flippers have got this one wrong if they were looking to make a profit on the GMT. With availability quite clearly not limited as some were predicting, no profit to be made on this.

Get your money back or loss a couple of hundred via a private sale or loss bigger via a dealer, choice is yours or you could keep it but cannot see this ever being a big gainer in the future.
    I'm not a habitual flipper; and I actually like the watch after bonding over a beer or several so it might not be for grabs. But thanks for the feedback; interesting as a newbie here.
    Cheers

My personality? And you know or assume what about that precisely on the strength of 3 or 4 post in here, including about this trinket? Jeez; welcome aboard newbie...

My personality? And you know or assume what about that precisely on the strength of 3 or 4 post in here, including about this trinket? Jeez; welcome aboard newbie...
    Yes your personality. The personality that suggests I’m on magic mushrooms for daring to suggest politely that Ebay as a source of sold prices would give you an indication of what you would need to flip it for. You mentioned flipping it btw not me. Suggests a fairly toxic volatile nature to me. Feel free to prove me wrong via a string of courteous posts.

Out of curiosity where were you thinking of selling it?

and the bezel playing its tricks - coke and Pepsi in the same shot !!

Seems some are still willing to pay over rrp

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173448343173

Seems some are still willing to pay over rrp

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173448343173
    Ok, against better judgment, I will bite...

I doubt there's a shortage of folk willing to pay over the RRP for this. It's a hugely competent piece, made by a manufacturer that is literally on fire. I am very impressed with the finishing quality, weight, and movement action. Easily comparable to anything else I hold, which includes stuff much further up the exotica and price tree. Cannot comment on ultimate accuracy yet but, if any yardstick, my BB Bronze has been bob-on for the 2 years I have owned it. Rarely any discernible deviation from my reference over extended wearing (it's my go-to daily).

It may also be (undoubtedly is) the attractive colouring is attracting additional displaced attention from those unable to participate as they wish in the Rolex bun fight. For me, although also superficially attracted to just that (it does look great, especially with that Erika and other aftermarket straps I have seen), I cannot help but think of it as a poor-man's Rolex, which is a crying shame as it can easily go toe to toe with a GMT Master II on its own terms and does not need to ape/mimic/reproduce bigger brother glories. I actually think that could be its ultimate undoing as a relatively mass-market piece when ubiquity sets in but that will not deter immediate demand any time soon.

So, supply and demand will inevitably win out. It always does. Overs will be paid by those who demand to ensure the supply they crave.

The example you cite seems a modest one; my research since acquisition is that more than that is being paid routinely. I accept incidental costs erode the benefit for the 'flippers' (entrepreneurs?), but that comes down to careful choice of platform. I have had no proper bites yet on my chosen media but don't consider it a disaster if the thing stays long-term. At least the box is a reasonable size!

Courteous enough? ;)

Ok, against better judgment, I will bite...

I doubt there's a shortage of folk willing to pay over the RRP for this. It's a hugely competent piece, made by a manufacturer that is literally on fire. I am very impressed with the finishing quality, weight, and movement action. Easily comparable to anything else I hold, which includes stuff much further up the exotica and price tree. Cannot comment on ultimate accuracy yet but, if any yardstick, my BB Bronze has been bob-on for the 2 years I have owned it. Rarely any discernible deviation from my reference over extended wearing (it's my go-to daily).

It may also be (undoubtedly is) the attractive colouring is attracting additional displaced attention from those unable to participate as they wish in the Rolex bun fight. For me, although also superficially attracted to just that (it does look great, especially with that Erika and other aftermarket straps I have seen), I cannot help but think of it as a poor-man's Rolex, which is a crying shame as it can easily go toe to toe with a GMT Master II on its own terms and does not need to ape/mimic/reproduce bigger brother glories. I actually think that could be its ultimate undoing as a relatively mass-market piece when ubiquity sets in but that will not deter immediate demand any time soon.

So, supply and demand will inevitably win out. It always does. Overs will be paid by those who demand to ensure the supply they crave.

The example you cite seems a modest one; my research since acquisition is that more than that is being paid routinely. I accept incidental costs erode the benefit for the 'flippers' (entrepreneurs?), but that comes down to careful choice of platform. I have had no proper bites yet on my chosen media but don't consider it a disaster if the thing stays long-term. At least the box is a reasonable size!

Courteous enough? ;)
    Yes perfectly courteous thank you. It may be modest, but it’s not a completed auction - still 2 days to go on it. Be interesting to see. Any profit to be had will vanish of course as supply gradually satisfies the demand and the star loses its initial lustre (Basel 2019 would be a logical guess as to when that might happen as the new “next big thing” gets launched on the unsuspecting public).

So if selling to realise a gain I think there is a window to do so and a relatively brief one in this case. I just love the watch and will be keeping it for a long time. As romantic a notion as it sounds I would like to see if I can wear this till it’s bezel starts to fade

Placed my order with 10% refundable deposit last week; Fraser Hart, The Mall Bristol. They had a pending return for me to view/try - sticking date issue.
    I'm 11 on 'the list' but they expect I should take receipt in October.

Banned
    and the bezel playing its tricks - coke and Pepsi in the same shot !!
    Love that nato, is it dark blue or black and what make, link?
    Thanks

^^^^^^^^
    It is one of Erika's MN Straps.
    Maybe this one?
    https://erikasoriginals.com/mn-strap...ps/trident.php
    I can fully recommend them.
    Currently have one fitted on my BBB and it will not be the last

Master
    2 places I went to in Warsaw over the weekend had them in stock (on strap, not bracelet) but the exchange rate came out to about 3K.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    Maybe this one?
    Great, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    Maybe this one?
    Do you have a picture? Have a green Erika on my prs18 and considering one for my BB as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Love that nato, is it dark blue or black and what make, link?
    Thanks
    Yup it’s Erika original trident and it’s dark navy coloured

Master
    I really want another one of these.

I had a really early one and then got an incredibly rude message from the dealer the next day calling me out for putting it on eBay. After being called a liar a few times they realised it wasn't mine and was someone internal but the damage was done and I threw the watch back at them.

Now every time I see a pic of one I want another. Whats the availability like out there at the moment? Am I likely to get one within a couple of months if I go put my name down with a different dealer?

That sounds like a horrible experience with the AD. Did they make any effort to make it up to you after this?

In the south east the lists are very long. Perhaps you would be more lucky in your neck of the woods.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post
    That sounds like a horrible experience with the AD. Did they make any effort to make it up to you after this?

In the south east the lists are very long. Perhaps you would be more lucky in your neck of the woods.
    Was awful to be fair. It was the first brand new watch I had ever bought as I normally buy used and from start to finish they made me feel like they were doing me a favour allowing me to give them close to three thousand pounds.

They apologised and offered me a free strap or service but to be honest I would rather just vote with my feet.

I am guessing its probably as oversubscribed up here as it is down south. I might just wait till a watch at RRP comes on sales corner.

Journeyman
    Try Rox in Newcastle I got mine 3-4 months earlier than originally estimated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    Was awful to be fair. It was the first brand new watch I had ever bought as I normally buy used and from start to finish they made me feel like they were doing me a favour allowing me to give them close to three thousand pounds.

They apologised and offered me a free strap or service but to be honest I would rather just vote with my feet.

I am guessing its probably as oversubscribed up here as it is down south. I might just wait till a watch at RRP comes on sales corner.
    Such behaviour isn’t acceptable - name and Shane the AD and branch please

Master
    Such behaviour isn’t acceptable - name and Shane the AD and branch please
    I thought about doing that.

A few of my mates told me to write to Tudor\Rolex with the messages but I really can't be bothered with all the fuss. Me and the guy mix in some of the same circles so I will likely bump into him at some point which isn't going to be the most pleasant thing for him.

I thought about doing that.

A few of my mates told me to write to Tudor\Rolex with the messages but I really can't be bothered with all the fuss. Me and the guy mix in some of the same circles so I will likely bump into him at some point which isn't going to be the most pleasant thing for him.
    Don’t see why another TZ member might be treated to the same abuse if he/she went to the same store. Better to know.

Journeyman
    Current waiting lists at all the places I called ~ around 10 places within 100 mile radius of Leeds all said next year. Some said early-ish next year, others said it would be around spring

Master
    This guys name is mud on here anyway to be honest (And I've actually defended him before which is embarrasing)

Nothing I can say is going to stop a long-standing customer of his picking up their Pepsi GMT or Daytona if this guy gives them a call and there is enough on the forum about him for any local new people to not bother with them.

It's a shame too as I've met other members of the family a few times and they have always been great.

This guys name is mud on here anyway to be honest (And I've actually defended him before which is embarrasing)

Nothing I can say is going to stop a long-standing customer of his picking up their Pepsi GMT or Daytona if this guy gives them a call and there is enough on the forum about him for any local new people to not bother with them.

It's a shame too as I've met other members of the family a few times and they have always been great.
    Nvm I guess you already said where you got it before on this thread. Just noticed

Master
    Nvm I guess you already said where you got it before on this thread. Just noticed

Journeyman
    Is there by any chance anyone in around Leeds that owns a GMT and would let me try it on?

I just want to see it in person so that I can decide if it's worth my while waiting for one or not.

Happy to buy you a coffee/beer for your time :)

Master
    Has anyone bought/got the Tudor leather strap? Is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Has anyone bought/got the Tudor leather strap? Is it worth it?
    Haven’t tried their leather but it looks great on almost any brown leather so doubt it would be significantly better than an aftermarket strap.

Master
    Haven’t tried their leather but it looks great on almost any brown leather so doubt it would be significantly better than an aftermarket strap.
    Does look good, not many good pics of the tudor strap but it doesn’t seem to have curved ends or anything that makes it worth £350

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Does look good, not many good pics of the tudor strap but it doesn’t seem to have curved ends or anything that makes it worth £350

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    It has a very big gap between strap end and case. The aftermarket one I have on (Kaufmann ) doesn’t have as much. I’ll find a pic of the oem one to show

someone else’s pics from WUS

Master
    someone else’s pics from WUS

Yours looks better- I hate those big gaps

It fits Tudor deployant - just need to make sure strap is 22/18

Journeyman
    Finally got my hands on one!

Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Finally got my hands on one!

Well done... AD or private seller?

Craftsman
    Do you have a link to your strap please. I just tried to search the Kaufman site and there didn't seem to be anywhere to buy one direct?
    It has a very big gap between strap end and case. The aftermarket one I have on (Kaufmann ) doesn’t have as much. I’ll find a pic of the oem one to show
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Well done... AD or private seller?
    Private seller, but hit luck as he was local to me and the thing had never even been opened :)

Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Private seller, but hit luck as he was local to me and the thing had never even been opened :)
    Perfect... enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Do you have a link to your strap please. I just tried to search the Kaufman site and there didn't seem to be anywhere to buy one direct?

Sry bud. I don’t know - I bought it used with the deployant (from here). Not convinced the deployant is OEM but that another story.

Looks great. Now get those stickers off and wear it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post
    Looks great. Now get those stickers off and wear it.
    Stickers are off, picked it up late last night and didn't have a screwdriver small enough to remove the extra links. Will get it sorted after work :)

Craftsman
    Sry bud. I don’t know - I bought it used with the deployant (from here). Not convinced the deployant is OEM but that another story.
    Ok cheers, I will have another look at their website on my PC. Sometimes I struggle with websites from my phone.
    There are a few aftermarket 'genuine' deployants about.

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Ok cheers, I will have another look at their website on my PC. Sometimes I struggle with websites from my phone.
    There are a few aftermarket 'genuine' deployants about.

Had a look myself and can’t see it on their site either

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisance Value View Post
    So my 'Tudor' deployant turned up..

Looks pretty good, I'm not sure if it's genuine or not, but neither is the strap I'm going to be putting on it, so it'll do for me. I'll take some better pictures tomorrow.
    It doesn't look genuine.

Ishmael