closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Ye thinking of putting mine back on the EO
    I think I need to order me one of those!

Master
    ^That does indeed look very, very nice

So tempted myself :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    How easy is it to swap straps? I'm debating whether to get Nato or Leather strap, can they be bought separately? Any idea of costs? Tried searching but got nowhere

Ye thinking of putting mine back on the EO
    Erika sent me the wrong strap

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpingjalapeno View Post
    Erika sent me the wrong strap

Naughty Erika!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    How easy is it to swap straps? I'm debating whether to get Nato or Leather strap, can they be bought separately? Any idea of costs? Tried searching but got nowhere
    As easy as any other watch. Straps costs should be avail from AD. Prob 250-280 ish

Master
    Has anyone put the GMT on a Everest, rubber B or Vanguard rubber strap? Am thinking of getting one of these but would be interested to hear opinions on them before doing so.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    Has anyone put the GMT on a Everest, rubber B or Vanguard rubber strap? Am thinking of getting one of these but would be interested to hear opinions on them before doing so.
    Rubber B looks amazing, makes me even more confused to what strap I should get

https://rubberb.com/en/tudor-watch-b...tage-black-bay

I have tried the Crafter Blue one (blue with red under). It takes a few minutes to winkle it into position, but is a very positive fit. Much more economic than Rubber B
    It is a tiny bit downturned for me, my wrist is a little wider than some so it pressed down a little on the outside wrist bone.

Here is a photo of mine from page 4 of this thread, you can see I am wearing it above that bone.

To be honest you could get that strap off me if you wanted, I am using the EO or the Tudor NATO by preference at the moment.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I have tried the Crafter Blue one (blue with red under). It takes a few minutes to winkle it into position, but is a very positive fit. Much more economic than Rubber B
    It is a tiny bit downturned for me, my wrist is a little wider than some so it pressed down a little on the outside wrist bone.

Here is a photo of mine from page 4 of this thread, you can see I am wearing it above that bone.

To be honest you could get that strap off me if you wanted, I am using the EO or the Tudor NATO by preference at the moment.

Dave
    How long is the strap tail on that crafter? Is it visible on the 12 o’clock side?

Master
    How long is the strap tail on that crafter? Is it visible on the 12 o’clock side?
    I think they are 220mm in total (140/80), so I imagine if your wrists are on the small side the tail would be quite visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they are 220mm in total (140/80), so I imagine if your wrists are on the small side the tail would be quite visible.

Ye that’s what puts me off them tbh. Back on the bracelet just now though

I too am finding the bracelet biting me...

Four links on six o’clock side and five on twelve. Going to try moving a link over to reverse it but i think the clasp will stick out.

Only watch i own with a misbehaving bracelet :/ Puny wrists don’t help.

Journeyman
    Are these like the oyster flex on yatch master? With titanium inside the rubber?

I would love rocking one of those bad dogs
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    I too am finding the bracelet biting me...

Four links on six o’clock side and five on twelve. Going to try moving a link over to reverse it but i think the clasp will stick out.

Only watch i own with a misbehaving bracelet :/ Puny wrists don’t help.

I find the bracelet perfect. 4 links in 6 o’clock side and 6 the other side. Clasp centred on underside of wrist. I am actually amazed for a large thick watch how comfortable it is.

Tudor Preview evening Newcastle tomorrow night.

I have an invitation, does anyone else? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4ndp4 View Post
    I have an invitation, does anyone else? PM me.
    Sorry what?

There's a Tudor preview evening in Newcastle tomorrow evening, I have an invitation, is anyone else going? PM me. (see title bar) I understand the GMT will be on display and a number of Tudor people present.
    Last edited by Gr4ndp4; 16th October 2018 at 20:39. Reason: spelling correction

Craftsman
    I have the Tudor invite for 1st November. The head of Tudor UK is going to be present apparently.
    It is the whole collection plus the Basel 2018 collection for pre-order.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Crafterblue strap

Crafterblue strap

I have no issue with the length at all, no excess flappage of strap on keeper side

Craftsman
    Has anyone received one of these lately, the arrivals seem to have gone quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by MalaMD View Post
    If these had a short production run (no reason for thinking they would) owners would be v happy

When I picked mine up recently the AD had received three since launch.

I have noticed that it seems to be bracelet variants them are harder to source, one sitting locally in a window on nato and others on here have mentioned seeing them on leather.

Perhaps it’s the bracelet manufacture that is slowing availability.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    When I picked mine up recently the AD had received three since launch.

I have noticed that it seems to be bracelet variants them are harder to source, one sitting locally in a window on nato and others on here have mentioned seeing them on leather.

Perhaps it’s the bracelet manufacture that is slowing availability.

I think a lot of the nato and leather versions on shop windows are display samples, or so it seems. The AD I got mine from has only had two since launch.

Master
    I have no issue with the length at all, no excess flappage of strap on keeper side

That’s what my wife’s says as well

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    That’s what my wife’s says as well

Quote Originally Posted by MalaMD View Post
    Spoke with my local AD this week. They ve said that they have received 2 since launch and aren’t expecting any more until next year!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onespeed View Post
    Spoke with my local AD this week. They ve said that they have received 2 since launch and aren’t expecting any more until next year!!
    Was told mine should be available in 8-10 weeks (put my name down two weeks ago).

It’s the nato strap, that and leather strap are easier to get. Was told bracelet version no chance till at least next year and will have to put down deposit.

Blog Entries
    I’ve had my name down ever since after Basel 2018 - both GMT and 38. Not a squeak from local FH - but then they haven’t been the best communicators anyway. Meant to have got an invite to a Zenith evening. Never come.

Quote Originally Posted by Onespeed View Post
    Wow that's slim pickings

Wow that's slim pickings

Indeed. But they are a large national store, so it might also reflect how much (or how little) interest there has been locally compared to their other stores.

Craftsman
    Visited my local AD’s the other day in one the saleslady had not seen one yet and in the other the salesman said they had two or three since the release date and he personally had a waiting list approaching 20. His view was that they would see a pattern similar to the release of the left hand and Bronze Tudor models. Scarce for some time after release but later stocks readily available as the initial enthusiasm wained.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ajpac View Post
    Visited my local AD’s the other day in one the saleslady had not seen one yet and in the other the salesman said they had two or three since the release date and he personally had a waiting list approaching 20. His view was that they would see a pattern similar to the release of the left hand and Bronze Tudor models. Scarce for some time after release but later stocks readily available as the initial enthusiasm wained.
    Sounds likely. I wonder if discounts will be possible next year once the initial rush has died down?

With the success of both this and the 58, I think discounts (on BB's at least) will start to slowly disappear. See also, the sales practices of their big brother.

Journeyman
    I was number three with a London FH and got my one on the 1st October. At that time they had received 4 in total. Placed my deposit in April. I thought now that the date issue is resolved deliveries would speed up.

Master
    I put my name down a few months back at a large, well-known high street AD. Not a peep to date.

Eheh

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

I put my name down for one a few months ago. Since then I have considered most of those that have turned up on SC, been tempted but not enough.
    Now another one just posted on SC. So what is it that turns people off the GMT after a relatively short ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I put my name down for one a few months ago. Since then I have considered most of those that have turned up on SC, been tempted but not enough.
    Now another one just posted on SC. So what is it that turns people off the GMT after a relatively short ownership?
    People try watches.
    People on here try alot of watches.
    They are not going to keep all of them.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I’ve had my name down ever since after Basel 2018 - both GMT and 38. Not a squeak from local FH - but then they haven’t been the best communicators anyway. Meant to have got an invite to a Zenith evening. Never come.
    Is the wait over?? Did you manage to bag one yet!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    I have the Tudor invite for 1st November. The head of Tudor UK is going to be present apparently.
    It is the whole collection plus the Basel 2018 collection for pre-order.

Basel 2018 collection for pre order, or do you mean 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    People try watches. People on here try alot of watches. They are not going to keep all of them.
    The other day I went through my list of the 32 watches I've had since discovering watch forums, and found just 16 of had properly made it into my rotation, and even some of those left the same year they arrived.

What makes you want to sell a watch is often unrelated to what made you want to buy it. Looking at this one, I can see plenty of reasons why people would think it worth a go, and plenty of reasons why people might find it didn't work out. It's not until midnight that you find out if the golden coach will turn into a pumpkin.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Basel 2018 collection for pre order, or do you mean 2019?
    No they quoted 2018, seems a bit late to me but we will see tonight.

My local AD is quoting April 2019 delivery for new orders.

It's a lovely watch but I've given up on the GMT. My first one failed with the date issue after a couple of days, sent it back to RSC and was given the standard "over lubrication" line when it finally returned a month later - it then failed with exactly the same date issue the next day.

I opted for a replacement rather than risk waiting 4 weeks on another failed repair, when the replacement finally arrived I was given a 100% guarantee from Tudor that this one would be perfect. From day 1 it was far from perfect and also had an issue with the date. I opted for a refund this time round, it seems they need time to sort out their issues.

These things happen and I think I've been pretty unlucky but 6 weeks later I've had absolutely zero response from Tudor as to why my first one failed twice or to explain what the actual issue is with this movement and what Tudor were doing to address it. I don't think you can really excuse that, it's pretty poor customer service (not to mention quality control) which ever way you look at it.

Stories like that are why I'm in no hurry to join a waiting list.

I note from the VRF website Tudor GMT orders seem to be filled in a few weeks, has anyone received theirs here? if so how long was the lead time? Has the date window problem been resolved? Inevitably each market will have different lead times and Leftpondia is a much bigger market.
    Cheers