closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Master
    From pics I'd rather have the 58 on my wrist.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Seems bb58 getting sent to ADs separately if another post is accurate. Could explain why no bb58s on wrists yet. Dunno.

Think most people have been told BB58 won’t be available till July.

Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    Think most people have been told BB58 won’t be available till July.
    Why? Must admit am pretty miffed to have to make 2 runs to AD - pretty poorly organized distribution. Been several weeks since Basel

Why is a company obliged to release two models at the same time? I can see there's plenty of upside for them not doing so eg doing one thing at a time is easier; not diluting the focus each model receives; giving customers an opportunity to build up their appetite after a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Why is a company obliged to release two models at the same time? I can see there's plenty of upside for them not doing so eg doing one thing at a time is easier; not diluting the focus each model receives; giving customers an opportunity to build up their appetite after a purchase.
    Just that they were announced / released at Basel at the same time. Obviously only an issue if wanting both models, but if you do then it means two trips to the AD, and since weekends are 100% family time for me and midweek it’s a challenge to get away from work to the AD it’s just a bit of an irritation. That’s all.

Seem a gmts are widely avaiable

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Just that they were announced / released at Basel at the same time. Obviously only an issue if wanting both models, but if you do then it means two trips to the AD, and since weekends are 100% family time for me and midweek it’s a challenge to get away from work to the AD it’s just a bit of an irritation. That’s all.
    Get the GMT sell it on Ebay for close to 4,000 then get the 58 in a months time and buy the family something nice with the profit to keep them happy.

You can probably guess I prefer the 58 to the GMT, sold my original BB a couple of weeks ago as it was just a bit too chunky.

Get the GMT sell it on Ebay for close to 4,000 then get the 58 in a months time and buy the family something nice with the profit to keep them happy.

You can probably guess I prefer the 58 to the GMT, sold my original BB a couple of weeks ago as it was just a bit too chunky.
    Lol. I wouldn’t buy it to sell it. Anyway like you say the bb58 will be avail shortly

Banned
    Could any new owner tell me weather the gmt comes with micro adjuster bracelet?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    Seem a gmts are widely avaiable
    I'm trying to get one ahead of the one I've been promised. If they are available, they're all ending up on eBay... can't actually purchase unless you're on a list of course.

Master
    Quite fancy the 58 myself. Is the lume likely to be as strong as Rolex?

Hmm guy on Facebook says Harrods Knightsbridge have the bb58 in stock now

People say a lot of things on Facebook

Master
    Blog Entries
    Pragnells are quoting "some time next year" if you go on the list now.

I thought the LHD Pelagos was only scarce for 3-6 months, or was it longer?

Craftsman
    Hmm guy on Facebook says Harrods Knightsbridge have the bb58 in stock now
    Really. I went there the other day. No luck.

Picking mine up later today..........
    Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Picking mine up later today..........
    Dave
    Post pics when you have it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do. I am also getting one of the Crafter Blue rubber straps to try on it (and maybe my Pelagos too). Should arrive tomorrow.
    Dave

Just had a good old nosy at one in Laings , Glasgow and I’m very taken with it . I’m tempted to put the deposit down , seems I’ll be No 3 on ze list .
    Going for a gin to contemplate it

Banned
    Got the call to say mine will be in tomorrow, will collect on the weekend.
    Still hoping it’s got the micro adjustment on bracelet?

Collected mine today

Not overly impressed tbh. Bezel does not rotate and the movement doesn't feel so smooth and slick when adjusting time/winding

Imho, it looks better in pics than in your hand. Also, the clasp is such a let down. I think I might get the nato and see if I feel differently

I paid upfront based on the quality of the harrods blackbay which I felt was punching above it's weight for the money. Only gripe wth the harrods BB is the clasp but otherwise, a fine watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    Collected mine today

Not overly impressed tbh. Bezel does not rotate and the movement doesn't feel so smooth and slick when adjusting time/winding

Imho, it looks better in pics than in your hand. Also, the clasp is such a let down. I think I might get the nato and see if I feel differently

I paid upfront based on the quality of the harrods blackbay which I felt was punching above it's weight for the money. Only gripe wth the harrods BB is the clasp but otherwise, a fine watch.
    Which model are you talking about ?

Master
    Collected mine today

No way, the bezel is static?!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    No way, the bezel is static?!
    He must be on about another watch.
    The bezel is not static.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    The bezel is not static.
    Or he has got a duffer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    The bezel is not static.

Indeed it is not. The Gmt’s bezel is bi-directional.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Indeed it is not. The Gmt’s bezel is bi-directional.
    Indeed it is

Apologies, I had a very quick look at it at lunchtime. Ive managed to get it to turn but it's a quite tight. It lacks the satisfying rotation of the rolex gmt 1167XX watches

Craftsman
    Nearly 30 posts since the last wrist shot... come on, you new owners!?

Indeed it is

Apologies, I had a very quick look at it at lunchtime. Ive managed to get it to turn but it's a quite tight. It lacks the satisfying rotation of the rolex gmt 1167XX watches
    Does it have the Tudor clunk that locks the bezel at 12? Does it move easier once started? There’s a knack to that

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MAW View Post
    Nearly 30 posts since the last wrist shot... come on, you new owners!?
    We can't, they are all on eBay....

Craftsman
    Any incomings from DMR?

Master
    Given that last comment I took a quick look. Unbelievably there are so many are on there above RRP.

I like the watch and may take one but never above RRP.

Is it just me or has the world has gone crazy.

Master
    That’s not the issue. The issue is the cash has a tendency to burn a hole in my pocket. Surprised I’ve not bought something else instead. Waiting not my strongest suit.
    I feel your pain! Just can’t see me hanging on until October for the 58.

Journeyman
    Spoke with Fraser Hart Cambridge today and according to the chap they haven't had any through yet - expecting next month apparently. Mentioned there was a wait list for this and the 58, apparently.

Wouldn't be the first time they've over-egged a situation, mind. Mentioned in October-ish last year that the S&G had been discontinued and that they were unlikely to see another...

Goldsmiths told me today they think they will see their first at the end of June. It’s a bit of a joke tbh.

Master
    I can confirm the bezel is mobile.

Lovely lovely thing.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post

Lovely lovely thing.

Lovely, but, is it me or is that red GMT hand just a tad too long?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post

Lovely lovely thing.

That looks very nice, what’s the bracelet like and is it adjustable?

Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    Lovely, but, is it me or is that red GMT hand just a tad too long?
    Maybe, but then again it is read against the bezel so long makes practical sense.

Master
    The bracelet is nice. It's not as good as the oyster on my deepsea as the adjustment on that is just a work of art but I would say it's no better or worse than the bracelet was on my GMT2c or something.
    Saying all that I'm not massively one to get hung up on the odd detail so I hadn't noticed the longer red hand.

So I just picked up my BB GMT, the first to arrive at the Bristol Cribbs Fraser Hart.
    Sales guy was nice, and knowledgable.
    He stated that the BB58 is the FH group buyer's favourite watch, but would only be available from July at earliest, and that he anticipated they woult not have "stock" GMTs for a long time yet, the waiting list is getting added to daily, with no more deliveries scheduled, so getting longer. It is currently twice as long as the schedule of deliveries currently planned (whatever than meant).

So, the watch, and a few observations. I have been able to compare it to a BB Blue (in shop), a 76100 (my own) and also my own Pelagos.

Firstly, some absolute observations, having got it home and immediately put it on a BB Blue Nato..

• For me, the colours are a home run. The blue is delightfully dark and understated, the red similarly restrained and non-shouty. They look rich and traditional.
    • The satin bezel is a good look, as is the satin dial.
    • I like the non-coloured crown tube, I have always found this feature on the standard BBs a little bit gimmicky for me.
    • On the bracelet it is heavier than I thought it would be. But most of the weight is in that, so on Nato it is very comfy.
    • The bracelet has 3 adjustment positions, and the links are screwed for adjustment. It is well made and free from slack, but with the link lengths it may lack sufficient adjustment for perfect fit. I am not sure, as I elected not to size the bracelet at all.
    • The lume is excellent, with the proviso that there is less area of it than you may think (see later)
    • The hands are just as long as they should be on the dial, with mins and secs touching the outer track, and the GMT extending beyond that towards the bezel scale
    • The 48-click bezel is positive in movement, and stiff enough to avoid accidental knocking. The grip edge is quite slim compared to the Pelagos.
    • I like the case chamfers, but perhaps would have prefered them to be the only part of the case to be polished, but the sides are too. The case finishing between the lugs is lovely, and the inside angle of the lugs is not as sharp as it is on my Pelagos (which is dangerously so).
    • I do like the absence of cyclops on the date.
    • The dial print detail is excellent, and very crisp.
    • It sits perfectly on the BB Blue Nato
    • Interestingly, the rose logo on the crown is raised, but on all the other BBs it is recessed and colour-filled.

Some comparative note for those that have a BB - I was comparing it to my preferred colour, the blue.

• This is a BB. The case is, as far as the eye can tell, exactly the same as the other BBs, in terms of overal size, but there are some interesting differences that I noted inside that case.
    • The edge of the crystal on the GMT is totally different, looking like it has an old-fashoned polished tension ring on the inside of the crystal edge, whereas the BB Blue has a very straight brushed rehaut like you see in all sapphire modern divers. The GMT's detail serves to add a very subtle vintage feel by complicating this edge.
    • The dial indices are smaller. You have to look hard, but the triangles are shorter, and the circular indices smaller than a normal BB.
    • And also the hands are thinner, with thinner lume centre sections, for all hands except the second hand.
    • The "slab" side on this is indeed exactly the same depth as the pelagos, 8,0mm
    • The overall watch depth is 0,3mm thicker at 14,2mm than the Pelagos, but the crystal edge extends 1.3mm more than the Ti cousin, making the case and bezel depth thinner on the BB.

So, after 3 hours of ownership, would I change anything?

Yes.
    I would have brushed the case sides, and I would have drilled the lugs, but I understand why neither have been done.

Me and this watch are going to be firm friends.

With an older uncle

First moments on the wrist, sorry about the camera shake

Note how the bezel blue is darker than the BB Blue, less glossy and less metallic. Look at the crystal edge too around 1-2 o'clock. Steps on the left, slab on the right. Slenderness of hands, smaller indices.

And finally on the dark blue Nato that I think suits it perfectly

Dave

Can someone post pictures or explain the bracelet adjustment/clasp in more detail please.

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    So I just picked up my BB GMT, the first to arrive at the Bristol Cribbs Fraser Hart.
    Sales guy was nice, and knowledgable.
    He stated that the BB58 is the FH group buyer's favourite watch, but would only be available from July at earliest, and that he anticipated they woult not have "stock" GMTs for a long time yet, the waiting list is getting added to daily, with no more deliveries scheduled, so getting longer. It is currently twice as long as the schedule of deliveries currently planned (whatever than meant).

So, the watch, and a few observations. I have been able to compare it to a BB Blue (in shop), a 76100 (my own) and also my own Pelagos.

Firstly, some absolute observations, having got it home and immediately put it on a BB Blue Nato..

• For me, the colours are a home run. The blue is delightfully dark and understated, the red similarly restrained and non-shouty. They look rich and traditional.
    • The satin bezel is a good look, as is the satin dial.
    • I like the non-coloured crown tube, I have always found this feature on the standard BBs a little bit gimmicky for me.
    • On the bracelet it is heavier than I thought it would be. But most of the weight is in that, so on Nato it is very comfy.
    • The bracelet has 3 adjustment positions, and the links are screwed for adjustment. It is well made and free from slack, but with the link lengths it may lack sufficient adjustment for perfect fit. I am not sure, as I elected not to size the bracelet at all.
    • The lume is excellent, with the proviso that there is less area of it than you may think (see later)
    • The hands are just as long as they should be on the dial, with mins and secs touching the outer track, and the GMT extending beyond that towards the bezel scale
    • The 48-click bezel is positive in movement, and stiff enough to avoid accidental knocking. The grip edge is quite slim compared to the Pelagos.
    • I like the case chamfers, but perhaps would have prefered them to be the only part of the case to be polished, but the sides are too. The case finishing between the lugs is lovely, and the inside angle of the lugs is not as sharp as it is on my Pelagos (which is dangerously so).
    • I do like the absence of cyclops on the date.
    • The dial print detail is excellent, and very crisp.
    • It sits perfectly on the BB Blue Nato
    • Interestingly, the rose logo on the crown is raised, but on all the other BBs it is recessed and colour-filled.

Some comparative note for those that have a BB - I was comparing it to my preferred colour, the blue.

• This is a BB. The case is, as far as the eye can tell, exactly the same as the other BBs, in terms of overal size, but there are some interesting differences that I noted inside that case.
    • The edge of the crystal on the GMT is totally different, looking like it has an old-fashoned polished tension ring on the inside of the crystal edge, whereas the BB Blue has a very straight brushed rehaut like you see in all sapphire modern divers. The GMT's detail serves to add a very subtle vintage feel by complicating this edge.
    • The dial indices are smaller. You have to look hard, but the triangles are shorter, and the circular indices smaller than a normal BB.
    • And also the hands are thinner, with thinner lume centre sections, for all hands except the second hand.
    • The "slab" side on this is indeed exactly the same depth as the pelagos, 8,0mm
    • The overall watch depth is 0,3mm thicker at 14,2mm than the Pelagos, but the crystal edge extends 1.3mm more than the Ti cousin, making the case and bezel depth thinner on the BB.

So, after 3 hours of ownership, would I change anything?

Yes.
    I would have brushed the case sides, and I would have drilled the lugs, but I understand why neither have been done.

Me and this watch are going to be firm friends.

With an older uncle

First moments on the wrist, sorry about the camera shake

Note how the bezel blue is darker than the BB Blue, less glossy and less metallic. Look at the crystal edge too around 1-2 o'clock. Steps on the left, slab on the right. Slenderness of hands, smaller indices.

And finally on the dark blue Nato that I think suits it perfectly

Dave
    Dave

An inciteful and fair assessment. I had a BB Red. I sold it 6 months ago, in large part due to the lack of a date complication.

For me the GMT (I've only had mine since Friday) is very close to being all the watch I could need - not that I would get rid of any of my other watches.

I too would prefer drilled lugs for strap changes. I might put mine on a brown leather strap similar to the Tudor option.

Out of interest how easy did you find it to remove the bracelet? I always found it a sod with the Black Bay. With the case being the same dimensions (?) I am currently in two minds...

Huw

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Brilliant write up Sweets, thanks.

Gmt - first new watch in ages to give me the watch boner. Me likey.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Can someone post pictures or explain the bracelet adjustment/clasp in more detail please.

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Here you go

BB Blue on top, and BB GMT below with raised crown design.

On the right, the red arrow marks the centre adjustment, and the two other lines are the only micro-adjustment on the clasp.
    On the left you see the distance movement that is needed to remove a whole link.
    This is why I am not totally sure all lengths can be adjusted for.
    Dave

Master
    Love the look of this but not sure whether to get one of not since getting the Rolex Pepsi. Would I wear the Tudor? ...I'd like to think so. I do love the brand and the more vintage look.

Thanks dave.pretty run of the mill stuff then and nothing fancy.This is one of the differences between rolex and tudor.Can't expect glidelock at this price point.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBowl View Post
    Any incomings from DMR?
    Mine is from DMR