closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 1438

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Craftsman
    I happened to stumble across one today in an AD, I couldn't help myself so picked it up....so far I can't stop looking at it. Its bulky compared to the rolex gmt but not problematically so. Looking forward to wearing it daily for the next week to see how it feels :)

Journeyman
    I love mine so far easily my most worn watch this year.....

Craftsman
    Any idea what the wait time is on one of these please?

Am off to New York mid-January and wondering if I'm likely to pick one up from Heathrow at all or even in NYC.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post
    Any idea what the wait time is on one of these please?

Am off to New York mid-January and wondering if I'm likely to pick one up from Heathrow at all or even in NYC.
    I've seen one in an AD window which was for sale though I passed on it, and others seem to be picking them up similarly easily so don't think the wait is as long as it has been. They'll likely not hang around in airports though as the flippers will pounce as they can sell on close to rrp.

Ant

Master
    Ordered last Friday, phone call Wednesday to say it’s in store and collected today, can’t complain at that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Ordered last Friday, phone call Wednesday to say it’s in store and collected today, can’t complain at that!

How it should be.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the responses - sounds like they are a little easier to source now vs. earlier in the year.

I know the answer to this already but I assume no dealer discount and they're all selling at RRP of £2,830?

Thanks for the responses - sounds like they are a little easier to source now vs. earlier in the year.

I know the answer to this already but I assume no dealer discount and they're all selling at RRP of £2,830?
    No discount that I know of but I think plenty of interest free credit available.

I got 10% on a GMT & BB58 but apparently the AD got a bit of a telling off for that

Journeyman
    Wakefields in Horsham had two GMTs available last week if interested.

Craftsman

I was unable to get a discount nor a NATO or something thrown in when I bought mine. I did get a free copy of the Omega magazine on the moon landing anniversary though so not all bad!

Craftsman
    No discount (not expected), Tudor pen, lanyard and jewellers screwdriver for bracelet. So happy customer.

Journeyman
    No discount either but got a free leather/deployant strap and a nato and 5% cashback from amex

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sibo View Post
    No discount either but got a free leather/deployant strap and a nato and 5% cashback from amex

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Crikey, that's a good result. The GMT wears as well on the leather as the bracelet.

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Picked mine up this week and I am delighted with it. I was put off previously reading some posts saying it might sit to tall or wear to large but even on my 7 inch wrist, it wears great.

A keeper for sure!

Snap! I was also worried about the same thing coming from my 39mm Explorer. Fits under a shirt nicely and from my humble 7 inch wrist not as bad as I've read others make it out to be.

Love it. I picked mine up this weekend after a 2 week wait but my AD never implied they were becoming more available. Time will tell I guess (pardon the pun)

I have also joined the club today and picked up the GMT on a bracelet.

Now I am surfing for leather straps, seen one recommend on colareb sienna, interested in any other recommendations?

Rich

Master
    Have mine on a Steveostraps. Happy to email some pictures if that would assist.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I didn’t realise there’d been a price increase on these, even luckier picking one up last week.

Craftsman
    I didn’t realise there’d been a price increase on these, even luckier picking one up last week.
    Just noticed this...typical this happens as soon as I want to buy.

I walked by a local shop in Leamington today and they didn’t have any GMT’s or 58’s in the window. I’ll pop in during the week and see what the wait time is and associated deposit.

- - - Updated - - -

I walked by a local shop in Leamington today and they didn’t have any GMT’s or 58’s in the window. I’ll pop in during the week and see what the wait time is and associated deposit.

Journeyman
    Tudor nailed it with this GMT. That vintage look, those toned down bezel colors are a beauty to look at. Sorry Rolex but the Tudor has more presence and style.

QUOTE=Craizeehair;5228705]Me and Mrs C went out yesterday to get a jump on the Christmas shopping. We were outside of our usual stomping grounds and made our way to an AD that I hadn’t visited before, after the usual gander at the familiar window offerings, I asked if they had a GMT in stock as I hadn’t yet seen one in the flesh, I was told that they did have one out the back that they would fetch and I could take a look at it.

First impressions were excellent, never mind ‘for the money’... it’s a great watch that I couldn’t say no to.
    [/QUOTE]

Craftsman
    I was in the Apple Store, Solihull the other day talking Apple watch as you do when the salesman commented on my Rolex (Tudor GMT). A brief history of Tudor followed!

I totally agree with the comment about Tudor nailing it, I’ve wanted one of these since they were first announced at Basel, finally managed to snag one for a good price and it hasn’t been off my wrist since, running 5 seconds fast over a week and no issues with the date.

The Rolex GMT is too bling and attracts the wrong type of attention nowadays and the older ones are climbing in value quickly to the point where I’m scared to wear it everyday, in that aspect the Tudor is perfect, understated and a great tool watch.

I do have the Tudor Blue Nato and I’ll try it on that and see how it looks at some point, but for now the riveted bracelet is a great match and fit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got my name down at Tustains for the 58 since mid October and I was told I won't get it by Christmas unfortunately. They are not a huge AD so I guess they don't really receive many...
    Last week I've been offered the leather strap version but wasn't my cup of tea so I passed

If it helps, they told me they get 3 times as more GMTs than 58..

Inviato dal mio LG-H870 utilizzando Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Congrats, looks amazing.
    This watch goes so well with Nato straps. I got a dozen already for it and no matter which tone you put on it matches perfectly.
    A really attractive watch, some people literally grab my wrist to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    I totally agree with the comment about Tudor nailing it, I’ve wanted one of these since they were first announced at Basel, finally managed to snag one for a good price and it hasn’t been off my wrist since, running 5 seconds fast over a week and no issues with the date.

The Rolex GMT is too bling and attracts the wrong type of attention nowadays and the older ones are climbing in value quickly to the point where I’m scared to wear it everyday, in that aspect the Tudor is perfect, understated and a great tool watch.

I do have the Tudor Blue Nato and I’ll try it on that and see how it looks at some point, but for now the riveted bracelet is a great match and fit.

Really? I live in a pretty, err, rural community and no-one has ever done that... very odd

Journeyman
    This is the model that took my breath away from the Rolex GMT. I was there to collect the rolex but I couldn't leave that shop without the Tudor on that amazingly classy Siena strap. Pure class.
    Congrats, you did a great choice. A unique look.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpingjalapeno View Post
    Just as promised 2 weeks later I have my new GMT...this time on leather and I love it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dade.c View Post
    I've got my name down at Tustains for the 58 since mid October and I was told I won't get it by Christmas unfortunately. They are not a huge AD so I guess they don't really receive many...
    Last week I've been offered the leather strap version but wasn't my cup of tea so I passed

If it helps, they told me they get 3 times as more GMTs than 58..

Ah, that’s the place I went to but didn’t go in. I’ll pay them a visit this week I think.

Any idea what their typical deposit is please ?

Theres one in Chisholm Hunter Kingston on Nato if anyone is desperate for one. Personally I think it makes more sense to buy on bracelet although the bracelets can be had separately for around £300 I believe

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Theres one in Chisholm Hunter Kingston on Nato if anyone is desperate for one. Personally I think it makes more sense to buy on bracelet although the bracelets can be had separately for around £300 I believe

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Bracelet is £600 from AD unless they have changed pricing, buying on bracelet from new does seem the way to go.

Ah, that’s the place I went to but didn’t go in. I’ll pay them a visit this week I think.

Any idea what their typical deposit is please ?
    They didn't ask for a deposit, took my name and details down and that was it...

Good luck with the GMT, lovely watch

Quote Originally Posted by Rori View Post
    Tudor nailed it with this GMT. That vintage look, those toned down bezel colors are a beauty to look at. Sorry Rolex but the Tudor has more presence and style.

QUOTE=Craizeehair;5228705]Me and Mrs C went out yesterday to get a jump on the Christmas shopping. We were outside of our usual stomping grounds and made our way to an AD that I hadn’t visited before, after the usual gander at the familiar window offerings, I asked if they had a GMT in stock as I hadn’t yet seen one in the flesh, I was told that they did have one out the back that they would fetch and I could take a look at it.

First impressions were excellent, never mind ‘for the money’... it’s a great watch that I couldn’t say no to.
    [/QUOTE]

From the photos I prefer the Tudor. Never thought I’d say that

Craftsman
    I love mine, the only thing I wish was different was a bit more of a taper on the bracelet. I may be too use to rolex bracelets but it's quite thick where it meets the clasp.

Still a gorgeous watch however! :D

There is one on a bracelet which is about to become available in Ernest Jones in the Westgate, Oxford.

You might have to be quick though. I am about to turn down the opportunity and I was told that if I didn’t take it, it would go back to Signet HQ to be distributed elsewhere in the group.

Journeyman
    Saw one on a bracelet in Sheffield, Meadowhall today if anyone is on the hunt. The trouble is I can't remember if it was in Goldsmiths or Beaverbrooks.

And, also a couple ‘as new’ currently on SC.

There is one in Goldsmiths LEEDS, today if anyone wants one.

Master
    Anyone find it tricky to open the clasp? I guess I'm too used to the glidelock where there is a small spring lever. I've found its much easier to open the Tudor clasp by lifting the other pointy end first.

Is anyone else doing it like this?

Yes that is the easiest way of opening the Tudor clasp.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Yes that is the easiest way of opening the Tudor clasp.
    Cool good to know others find it easier that way too. Surely that's not supposed to be the official way to do it though right? Seems they could have better engineered it to me.

Rest of the watch is glorious though. Seriously tempted to sell my GMTc now.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Cool good to know others find it easier that way too. Surely that's not supposed to be the official way to do it though right? Seems they could have better engineered it to me.

Rest of the watch is glorious though. Seriously tempted to sell my GMTc now.
    That's the way they showed me at the AD when I picked up my 58

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Anyone find it tricky to open the clasp? I guess I'm too used to the glidelock where there is a small spring lever. I've found its much easier to open the Tudor clasp by lifting the other pointy end first.

Is anyone else doing it like this?

??? I open at the small shield - totally other end of the clasp. Easy to open? Strange

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    ??? I open at the small shield - totally other end of the clasp. Easy to open? Strange
    Same for me, lift small shield then lift up main part of clasp at the same end. No problems whatsoever, sorry but the other method just seems wrong to me.

GMT on bracelet sitting in Goldsmith’s Derby window this morning plus price increase @ £2960.
    Last edited by ajpac; 29th November 2019 at 16:21. Reason: Wrong text

Craftsman
    Just popped mine on a JPM Vintage leather... Think it looks great IMO.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Weasel View Post
    Just popped mine on a JPM Vintage leather... Think it looks great IMO.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    That looks really good to me

One in the window @ Hugh Rice in Harrogate yesterday.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Central milton keynes Goldsmiths had one in the window last night.

They're clearly, finally, getting properly obtainable; only 2 years later than the nay-sayers said.
    Great move if Tudor just deleted them and let the stock in the system disperse...
    Just saying!

Craftsman
    I've had mine over a year now and other than seeing one on someone's wrist at work, haven't seen another. I have seen a 58 in a Goldsmith's window though. Both are great watches, though the GMT is a thick old lump. I still love mine though!

Getting quite tempted by these. Does anyone wear theirs on a rubber strap? Think it would make for a great holiday watch.

Tudor Blackbay GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    Getting quite tempted by these. Does anyone wear theirs on a rubber strap? Think it would make for a great holiday watch.
    Crafter blue works ok on it although the angle it comes off the case made it uncomfortable for me tbh. sorry I sold the rubber a while back so these poor images are all I can find. The first one is on my black bay red (same case but also sold on)