closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1438

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Any shots from a distance ? I just came across crafter blue when searching for straps, seems like good value?
    Hello There,

Link to the actual strap, think there is a better photo earlier in the thread of the strap.

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/col...eries-navy-red

Cheers

Kevin

Craftsman
    Just ran into another one in the wild. It was on a NATO, which looked pretty good (mine is bracelet).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperVM View Post
    Just ran into another one in the wild. It was on a NATO, which looked pretty good (mine is bracelet).
    Wheres the pic!!! lol

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpingjalapeno View Post
    I have one in v good condition, would consider selling if ur interested. Another shot for u.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Looks lovely! Can you message me with the price? i am interested!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KJH View Post
    Hello There,

Link to the actual strap, think there is a better photo earlier in the thread of the strap.

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/col...eries-navy-red

Cheers

Kevin
    not too sure about the red/blue combo. Now if there were a blue strap with a red line running through the middle like the Nato strap it would be different...!

not too sure about the red/blue combo. Now if there were a blue strap with a red line running through the middle like the Nato strap it would be different...!
    erikas original trident red centerline is the bee’s knees on it

Master
    Just had a quick browse on Chrono24, there are quite a few on there from £3000 from a private seller and up to £3900 from dealers!

No wonder they are still in short supply. I wonder how many of the dealers paid over the odds for these.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    erikas original trident red centerline is the bee’s knees on it
    Yes that does look amazing, but I was actually referring to a rubber strap with similar design!

Journeyman
    Nato works really well

Crown and buckle have their Chevron straps back in stop. Night/crimson would be perfect for a gmt!

Journeyman
    happy days mine has arrived at hugh rice and only ordered 10th Jan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
    That's intriguing. Suggests they'll be window staples before long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
    That's intriguing. Suggests they'll be window staples before long.

Looks lovely! Can you message me with the price? i am interested!
    Sorry mate sold it didn't see your message

Last edited by Jumpingjalapeno; 5th February 2019 at 21:52.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sorry sold

Nice.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Just had a quick browse on Chrono24, there are quite a few on there from £3000 from a private seller and up to £3900 from dealers!

No wonder they are still in short supply. I wonder how many of the dealers paid over the odds for these.

Are they all UK sellers though?
    RRP is probably different in Europe etc.
    When I bought my Pelagos, UK RRP was £3160 but it was c€3900 which was c£3500 at that time iirc.

Well here I go again. Stung with the date issue twice! This watch has already gone to Tudor for repair once so how this can happy again after they have liked at it is beyond me. Going to the AD on Wed. What should I be doing?? I like the watch but will now be without it for 4 months of 9 month ownership. Would u:
    1, get it repaired again (given the first time didn't work)
    2, new movement
    3, ask for new watch
    4, refund

Beyond disappointed

It's a lemon.

New watch or money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    It's a lemon.

New watch or money back.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm sure an AD will dig heels in with respect to refund as it's been worn...despite it being faulty. New watch is definitely an option. I'm wondering how many would want to get it repaired a second time?

Craftsman
    As above, I'd ask for a replacement as you can no longer be confident any repair will last.

Yes that does look amazing, but I was actually referring to a rubber strap with similar design!
    Bought a crafterblue for it too. Tail length a bit annoying as it’s visible but it’s a great fit.

Bought a crafterblue for it too. Tail length a bit annoying as it’s visible but it’s a great fit.
    It's a great strap. Also it gives great protection to the lugs

It's a great strap. Also it gives great protection to the lugs

Fitting it also put the lugs in grave danger lol

Well here I go again. Stung with the date issue twice! This watch has already gone to Tudor for repair once so how this can happy again after they have liked at it is beyond me. Going to the AD on Wed. What should I be doing?? I like the watch but will now be without it for 4 months of 9 month ownership. Would u:
    2, new movement
    3, ask for new watch
    4, refund

Beyond disappointed

It is the 11th isn’t it? Did it change again a few minutes later.

its no consolation to you but mine has been the most accurate watch I’ve ever owned, so they’re not all bad.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Sam100 View Post
    It is the 11th isn’t it? Did it change again a few minutes later.

its no consolation to you but mine has been the most accurate watch I’ve ever owned, so they’re not all bad.

Neil
    Lol, Pic was taken yesterday. Reset it and lo and behold says 12th today. Yes I've been v happy with accuracy and power reserve in between times but it's not great if your watch is away for repair 4 months in 9 months ownership.

Enjoy yours is a get watch...when it works

Yes disappointing, not good enough really.

Neil

Lol, Pic was taken yesterday. Reset it and lo and behold says 12th today. Yes I've been v happy with accuracy and power reserve in between times but it's not great if your watch is away for repair 4 months in 9 months ownership.

Enjoy yours is a get watch...when it works

Sorry, I still don't see what is wrong.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Sorry, I still don't see what is wrong.
    D
    I think: On the 10th it was saying "11" (ie had moved on two days). He corrected it to "10". Today it is saying "12" (ie had moved on two days again)

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I think: On the 10th it was saying "11" (ie had moved on two days). He corrected it to "10". Today it is saying "12" (ie had moved on two days again)
    the date has flicked forward an extra day...sorry I knew this would cause some confusion lol

Current situation...today's date 11/2/19

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    Are they all UK sellers though?
    RRP is probably different in Europe etc.
    When I bought my Pelagos, UK RRP was £3160 but it was c€3900 which was c£3500 at that time iirc.
    By far the biggest number of sellers were in the UK

Craftsman
    2, new movement
    3, ask for new watch
    4, refund

Beyond disappointed

The question is do you still love the watch? If the answer is 'no', refund and invest in something you will love.

If the answer is 'yes', then given your already failed repair I would go with the new watch option. You're well within your rights to request/demand this. It's not even like a repair takes a few days, it's unacceptable being without something you've paid the best part of 3k for over such a long period of time, through no fault of your own.

John

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    The question is do you still love the watch? If the answer is 'no', refund and invest in something you will love.

If the answer is 'yes', then given your already failed repair I would go with the new watch option. You're well within your rights to request/demand this. It's not even like a repair takes a few days, it's unacceptable being without something you've paid the best part of 3k for over such a long period of time, through no fault of your own.

John

Not sure about being within your rights demanding a refund. Watch has been worn for months and I imagine the AD and Tudor are easily able to fall back on the “nope we will repair it under warranty” stance. Be interesting to see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post

John

Over the last 48 hours I looked at what else I could get. But I really love this watch. I had wanted a good GMT for ages and was over the moon when this was released. It was a 40th gift from my wife. I think I'm gonna go with what you are suggesting and go for the replacement watch. A repair will be 8-12 weeks which will mean in 9 months of ownership the watch will have been in for repair 4-5 months...not good enough imo

Not sure about being within your rights demanding a refund. Watch has been worn for months and I imagine the AD and Tudor are easily able to fall back on the “nope we will repair it under warranty” stance. Be interesting to see what they say.
    I imagine they will be reticent to give a refund, they might have a contract but it will be interesting what is written in law, the device was sold with a fault.

I imagine they will be reticent to give a refund, they might have a contract but it will be interesting what is written in law, the device was sold with a fault.

And a warranty to repair faults. Still they may do it for good customer relations

And a warranty to repair faults. Still they may do it for good customer relations
    You mean an attempted repair which didn't repair the fault.

From which?

Your 30 day right to return

You have the legal right to a refund if you return your faulty good within 30 days of receiving it, regardless of what the store's return policy says.*

Your consumer returns rights after 30 days

If you don't reject the goods within the first 30 days, and find a fault within the first six months of possessing your faulty goods, you'll need to give the retailer a chance to make a*repair or replacement.*If that's unsuccessful, you can then ask for a refund.

After six months

After the first six months, the burden of proof switches to you to prove the fault you've found was present at the time you purchased the goods in store or first took ownership of it if you bought it online.*

I think I'm definitely in the second category.

From which?

Your 30 day right to return

You have the legal right to a refund if you return your faulty good within 30 days of receiving it, regardless of what the store's return policy says.*

Your consumer returns rights after 30 days

If you don't reject the goods within the first 30 days, and find a fault within the first six months of possessing your faulty goods, you'll need to give the retailer a chance to make a*repair or replacement.*If that's unsuccessful, you can then ask for a refund.

After six months

After the first six months, the burden of proof switches to you to prove the fault you've found was present at the time you purchased the goods in store or first took ownership of it if you bought it online.*

I think I'm definitely in the second category.

Looks that way. Good luck anyway. Sucks you have to go through it again. Hope it works out.

Master
    was Any part of the purchase paid on a credit card? Could go the legal route through them....

was Any part of the purchase paid on a credit card? Could go the legal route through them....
    No, but I'm hoping for a reasonable response. They have been good to deal with this far. I'm gonna say I'm in my rights to get a replacement given that the issue occurred in the first six months and has been for repair which hasn't solved the issue and see where they go from there. I'm not looking for a refund as I like the watch over any alternatives that could be got...even a BW19 Tudor sub

Craftsman
    JJ .. I sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by hot66 View Post
    JJ .. I sent you a pm
    Got it bud cheers . The watch community had some great folks in it.

Crown and buckle Chevron. Perfect colours for the BB gmt, and more comfortable than an erikas.

2, new movement
    3, ask for new watch
    4, refund

Beyond disappointed

Date issue part 2:

Went to the AD today wishing to discuss options. They offered only repair stating that that's what Tudor has instructed and that they would not offer a refund as it is a warrantied product. I queried why does a warranty preclude a refund... to which I got no satisfactory answer. In the end I put them out of their misery and admitted I didn't want a refund, rather a repair or replacement. Again the AD was reticent to discuss replacement saying they would not not do that. At this point I referred to the consumer rights act and asked if Tudor had some sort of ruling allowing it to usurp that? No answer.

So I handed the watch in and asked about some form of compensation (as no offer was forthcoming). I was told Tudor would give nothing if the AD asked and I would be better putting it in writing. I said I'd probably think a strap and clasp would be fitting compensation I practically got scoffed at and was told that Tudor had 'gifts' like caps they could give out. Perhaps a strap and clasp is pushing it a bit, but in all honesty if they are going to offer a cap that costs £5 to make its pretty derisory in my eyes and they would be better off offering nothing.

Left me wondering what the point of an AD was? If I have to write a letter I'm pretty sure I can wrap the watch in bubble wrap and post it direct also.

Craftsman
    WOW..what a crap service... I can understand no refund, but surly a replacement and an apology would should be the least they can do. . Even from a goodwill perspective and to protect the brand... how annoying...

Date issue part 2:

Went to the AD today wishing to discuss options. They offered only repair stating that that's what Tudor has instructed and that they would not offer a refund as it is a warrantied product. I queried why does a warranty preclude a refund... to which I got no satisfactory answer. In the end I put them out of their misery and admitted I didn't want a refund, rather a repair or replacement. Again the AD was reticent to discuss replacement saying they would not not do that. At this point I referred to the consumer rights act and asked if Tudor had some sort of ruling allowing it to usurp that? No answer.

So I handed the watch in and asked about some form of compensation (as no offer was forthcoming). I was told Tudor would give nothing if the AD asked and I would be better putting it in writing. I said I'd probably think a strap and clasp would be fitting compensation I practically got scoffed at and was told that Tudor had 'gifts' like caps they could give out. Perhaps a strap and clasp is pushing it a bit, but in all honesty if they are going to offer a cap that costs £5 to make its pretty derisory in my eyes and they would be better off offering nothing.

Left me wondering what the point of an AD was? If I have to write a letter I'm pretty sure I can wrap the watch in bubble wrap and post it direct also.

Perhaps you may have already done this before but have you considered writing directly to Tudor explaining your problem both with the watch and the AD and the fact you feel you are getting nowhere? It may well be a case that they are less than impressed at a customer being poorly treated especially if its on a public forum.

Otherwise did you pay by credit card? Have you contacted them and asked them if there is anything they can do?

Date issue part 2:

Write a letter stating the watch is not up to standard and they have failed to repair it satisfactorily and therefore, as is your right under the Consumers Rights Act you reject the watch and want either a full refund or new watch. If they refuse, it is legal action and Trading Standards. Which hand Martin Lewis' website have letters you can download.
    Get your money back and buy another one from a different retailer.
    Tudor are not exempt and their guarantee is is irrelevant. Your contract is with the retailer, no one else.

Best of luck with it.
    Regards
    Gerard

Journeyman
    Well that's poor service all round, quite disappointing actually as fan of the brand.
    Here's a link to your options through which.
    The 3rd section seems relevent to your situation, especially writing to the store rather than the manufacturer.

Even if it's of no use to you perhaps it may benefit others

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...our-money-back

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Write a letter stating the watch is not up to standard and they have failed to repair it satisfactorily and therefore, as is your right under the Consumers Rights Act you reject the watch and want either a full refund or new watch. If they refuse, it is legal action and Trading Standards. Which hand Martin Lewis' website have letters you can download.
    Get your money back and buy another one from a different retailer.
    Tudor are not exempt and their guarantee is is irrelevant. Your contract is with the retailer, no one else.

Best of luck with it.
    Regards
    Gerard
    Awesome advice. It's in for repair now, but if the issue rears its head again this is the action I will take. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Perhaps you may have already done this before but have you considered writing directly to Tudor explaining your problem both with the watch and the AD and the fact you feel you are getting nowhere? It may well be a case that they are less than impressed at a customer being poorly treated especially if its on a public forum.

Otherwise did you pay by credit card? Have you contacted them and asked them if there is anything they can do?
    A letter is waiting to be handed to Tudor tomorrow. I didn't use credit card but don't think I'll need to take things that far.