closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 1438

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Journeyman
    what a palaver! would have thought the hype train would have moved on from this by now....pity

Master
    not sure if folks are still searching for the GMT or not ??
    Hewitt's Tudor/Rolex AD in Grimsby this morning, one on nato and one on bracelet available
    Last edited by Tuna1138; 3rd July 2019 at 18:37.

Journeyman
    the fact that its in grimsby is probably the reason its still available to be fair though.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    the fact that its in grimsby is probably the reason its still available to be fair though.....
    fair do's, most of us up here should count ourselves lucky to be even able to look in the window at such booty

Grimsby?

I spent a month there one night.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuna1138 View Post
    fair do's, most of us up here should count ourselves lucky to be even able to look in the window at such booty
    Didnt mean it in a rude way about Grimsby as Ive never been, but in terms of footfall.
    imagine the amount of people walking past most WoS, Tolex/tudor boutiques in London/Brum/Manchester? nothings gonna hang around for over an hour if that I would say

Master
    Didnt mean it in a rude way about Grimsby as Ive never been, but in terms of footfall.
    imagine the amount of people walking past most WoS, Tolex/tudor boutiques in London/Brum/Manchester? nothings gonna hang around for over an hour if that I would say
    No worries, even if you had meant it in a rude way that would have been fine

Having read some previous posts regarding availability of the GMT from other AD's I was a little surprised
    Within the last 2 Months Hewitts have had at least 2 available on bracelet, 1 on the Leather (didn't stay there long ) and possibly 2 on the nylon. Which shows they are out there and available for walk in customers (one just may have to grin and bear it and venture to a more undesirable part of our country...)

cheers

Master
    There is a GMT available at Ernst Jones Peterborough. Just had the call but I’m no longer looking for one.

Journeyman
    probably gone to the next person on the "list"....

Journeyman
    Aye that's only fair

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    It is a very short list then as I only put my name down about 1 week ago.

And they called me twice offering it to me so don’t think they have much demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a call from Goldsmiths Meadowhall today, one had come in, did I want it as a few called could not progress. Luckily I was only 10 mins away

Nipped in 30 mins later and now have one! Very impressed

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Got a call from Goldsmiths Meadowhall today, one had come in, did I want it as a few called could not progress. Luckily I was only 10 mins away

Nipped in 30 mins later and now have one! Very impressed
    Very nice, I think I’m going to put my name down for one of these with goldsmith st Meadowhall too

Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    Very nice, I think I’m going to put my name down for one of these with goldsmith st Meadowhall too
    They mentioned the list was fairly long before it got to me but everyone turned it down. Not sure if they remove the people from the list based on that. Saying that, it's only 6 weeks or so max since I said I was after one to them (no deposit needed). Only issue is that if they get one in you have to collect within 24hrs or they won't sell to you. Thankfully I was nearby.

Great pick up experience too, Laura was a pleasure to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna1138 View Post
    not sure if folks are still searching for the GMT or not ??
    Hewitt's Tudor/Rolex AD in Grimsby this morning, one on nato and one on bracelet available
    Hewitts is a great store and a bright beacon in the town and Lincolnshire.

Not only that but they have a great team there who have full knowledge of everything Rolex & Tudor.

Worth a visit if you are after a GMT for sure.

Goldsmiths in Leeds had one in the window on leather strap yesterday. I was comparing it to mine on bracelet. Might be worth a call if anyone is still looking

Ignore that.
    Last edited by senwar; 13th July 2019 at 14:41.

Craftsman
    Michael spiers Plymouth had one yesterday as they phoned me for it... I took a pass but it might still be available?

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    There was a bracelet version in the window of Fraser Hart in Bristol yesterday afternoon.

Craftsman
    In Hugh Rice, St Stephens Centre, Hull - 2 x GMT - one on leather and the other on nato strap, also 2 x BB58 -one on leather and the other on nato strap. Get'em whilst they are hot.

I don't think they are "hot" anymore, that's why they're turning up left, right and centre.

Journeyman
    any on the bracelet knocking about in the south east for retail?

Having just switched mine from bracelet to strap after picking up a pristine Tudor deployant and leather on SC (thanks Ian), I can say both work very well indeed!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    I don't think they are "hot" anymore, that's why they're turning up left, right and centre.
    Think in some parts of the world (South East Asia) they still are. On my current holiday I’ve visited a few ADs and inquired, haven’t seen any. Instead have managed to find a BB58.

Just been past Lunn's in Victoria sq Belfast and they have a GMT on leather in the window. If anyone is after one here.

Master
    Rejoined the club after selling my first one last year.

Master
    Tried one on today. Very impressed. Was put off as sold my Pelagos due to its size. The GMT wears a lot better than the Pelagos. Being 1mm smaller in diameter it clearly helps. Chiefly, it actually wears like a 13mm thick watch (the crystal making up the other 1.5 ish mm of the stated thickness) which surprised me. The top of the bezel on the GMT actually ends where the bottom of the Pelagos bezel starts.

I was surprised how well it wore on the wrist. A lot like my 41.5 mm omega AT 8500.

Master
    Mine has went back today, date jumping 2 days at a time

Had it since January, but had hardly worn it, but had it on for a constant 3 weeks when the problem arose
    Being told won't be back until December
    Surprised as I thought the date wheel issue was sorted by the end of last year

Cheers

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by KJH View Post
    Mine has went back today, date jumping 2 days at a time

Had it since January, but had hardly worn it, but had it on for a constant 3 weeks when the problem arose
    Being told won't be back until December
    Surprised as I thought the date wheel issue was sorted by the end of last year

Cheers

Kevin
    Same here skipping 2 days at a time.

Been told 5 weeks...

I was planning on picking up one in Oct but might hold off if they still haven't fixed the date wheel issue.

Can I ask when you guys bought yours?

If bought new in the new year, it will likely be one of the affected movements I suspect. My current one was an April purchase and no issues apparent.

TBH it would be good if Rolex/Tudor just issued a recall and sorted the issue on those watches dating from before whatever changed in the manufacture. There is clearly a problem and these are not cheap items.

Master
    Yes bought new at the end of January

I was conscious that I hadn't worn it very much so was keeping it on for a few weeks, to see if the date issue arose, to make sure if mine was affected it happened under warranty at least

Given these issues surfaced last year, I had (wrongly) assumed they wouldn't be sending any out that had been sorted

Read something about the date wheel being too thin, not sure how accurate that is. And also that they replace the full movement now with those watches affected

Cheers

Kevin

No idea on the mechanical cause but was always dubious of the over-oiling explanation that has apparently been commonly offered. Shame really, has tainted a genuinely lovely watch. Or maybe adds to some future mystique. Who knows?

I was offered a GMT by Tudor at Harrods - have turned it down awaiting a BB Harrods edition instead. Just don't get a good feeling with the GMT given all the issues people have been having. Also can't cope with the asymmetry caused by the date window...

Quote Originally Posted by Pupp View Post
    If bought new in the new year, it will likely be one of the affected movements I suspect. My current one was an April purchase and no issues apparent.

TBH it would be good if Rolex/Tudor just issued a recall and sorted the issue on those watches dating from before whatever changed in the manufacture. There is clearly a problem and these are not cheap items.
    Well mine is dated May and has the two day skip issue. I was hoping it had been resolved hey ho.

No idea on the mechanical cause but was always dubious of the over-oiling explanation that has apparently been commonly offered. Shame really, has tainted a genuinely lovely watch. Or maybe adds to some future mystique. Who knows?
    I was told by Rolex it's a defective part that is being retrofitted and the early delays were due to not having sufficient supply from the factory. Now it should be a 5 week turnaround which is what a service takes these days in any event.

Might hold off till next year, I have a few other watches on the wish list that I might get instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    I was offered a GMT by Tudor at Harrods - have turned it down awaiting a BB Harrods edition instead. Just don't get a good feeling with the GMT given all the issues people have been having. Also can't cope with the asymmetry caused by the date window...
    I’ve got both and definitely prefer the GMT. The dial seems quite deep on the Harrods. Lovely watch though.

I got my GMT in July and haven’t had the date problem.

I have had mine for about the longest of anyone here (one of the UK first to arrive) and mine has, so far, been no problem whatsoever.
    Dave

Journeyman
    So, I've just bought a used BB GMT and over the last couple of days the date has jumped 2 days at a time. It's a June 2018 watch so still under warranty, my question is, can I just take this to any Tudor AD for warranty work or do I need to take it to the chain (Beaverbrook) that it was originally purchased from? I'm assuming any AD, as that is much easier for me.

Master
    Just got a call from my AD, they have one available on a strap. I’m waiting for a bracelet but happy to send anyone on here their details if interested. Could also potentially help out with posting if required.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougieb View Post
    So, I've just bought a used BB GMT and over the last couple of days the date has jumped 2 days at a time. It's a June 2018 watch so still under warranty, my question is, can I just take this to any Tudor AD for warranty work or do I need to take it to the chain (Beaverbrook) that it was originally purchased from? I'm assuming any AD, as that is much easier for me.
    In theory any AD should be able to do it, the warranty moves with the watch.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    In theory any AD should be able to do it, the warranty moves with the watch.
    Thank you

My GMT.

No problems with the date and had it a fair while now. I must say I was not overly impressed with the Tudor watch strap I think there are better after market straps available though the deployment is very good. Not tried it on the bracelet yet and wear mine on a diver style strap which is very comfortable.

Journeyman
    I have had mine since May this year and have to say I absolutely love it!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Recall is bad press for their brand image as you need to communicate it. Admitting something is wrong. They obviously choose to fix it as people come in and hopefully have most people think it is just their bad luck.

Master
    I have had two now, one on strap since March and just picked up a new one on bracelet both change correctly.
    Last edited by shoppy; 28th September 2019 at 10:44.

I spotted one of these on the bracelet in the window of Goldsmiths in Eldon Square yesterday if anyone in Newcastle is after one. I would have been tempted myself a year or so ago, but I’ve cooled on them, and am not confident the QC issues are truly resolved yet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    I spotted one of these on the bracelet in the window of Goldsmiths in Eldon Square yesterday if anyone in Newcastle is after one. I would have been tempted myself a year or so ago, but I’ve cooled on them, and am not confident the QC issues are truly resolved yet.
    Owned mine for a 6 weeks and worn daily with no date change issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Owned mine for a 6 weeks and worn daily with no date change issues.
    I’ve had mine for seven months and it’s been flawless. There was one on leather strap in John Lewis Oxford Street last week.

10 months in, no issues