closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.B View Post
    I won it on £36 apparently old stock. These are the photos wait and see what it’s like when it arrives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Call me cynical. That’s suspiciously inexpensive . I’m sure it is fine tho - and great pick up.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Call me cynical. That’s suspiciously inexpensive . I’m sure it is fine tho - and great pick up.
    Worth a gamble for the price...

I won it on £36 apparently old stock. These are the photos wait and see what it’s like when it arrives

This will be interesting, that's the same one I won!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuisance Value View Post
    This will be interesting, that's the same one I won!

Lol...When was the sale mine is down as posted I won it on Saturday

Lol...When was the sale mine is down as posted I won it on Saturday

Won mine on Wednesday, posted Sunday. Just checked and he has another up for sale so maybe he has a few NOS?

Journeyman
    Won mine on Wednesday, posted Sunday. Just checked and he has another up for sale so maybe he has a few NOS?

I will be back away at work when mine arrives so you’ll have to let me know what it’s like when it arrives if you would...

I will be back away at work when mine arrives so you’ll have to let me know what it’s like when it arrives if you would...

Absolutely. I'll post some pictures also

Journeyman
    Absolutely. I'll post some pictures also

Thanks mate...

Craftsman
    quick search on google throws up the 'fake' tudor deployments at £29

Last edited by hot66; 17th July 2018 at 11:18.

The guys other items include IWC and Rolex buckles - he states these are aftermarket but being branded makes them kinda bad form tbh.

Journeyman
    The guys other items include IWC and Rolex buckles - he states these are aftermarket but being branded makes them kinda bad form tbh.
    The Tudor one doesn’t say aftermarket anywhere in the description it’s sold as new old stock. I’ve messaged him to ask of authenticity... If I’m honest regardless of what he says I’ll stick it on a leather strap and wear it with my GMT

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

The Tudor one doesn’t say aftermarket anywhere in the description it’s sold as new old stock. I’ve messaged him to ask of authenticity... If I’m honest regardless of what he says I’ll stick it on a leather strap and wear it with my GMT

Same here, for the money.

Here's a link to another he has..

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tudor-18mm-...AAAOSwCRRbDEZB

Yes I noticed that. Just strange.

Master
    It will be interesting to see what turns up for you guys. The listing appears to show a deployant complete with the ceramic balls, but at the price you’re paying I would be very surprised if what you get will be genuine.

Why would the current clasp/deployant design be New Old Stock? It sounds like just the sort of thing a counterfeit seller would say to justify the low pricing and large numbers available.

Avoid I’d say...

Have seen these along with others. My thought was they were not genuine. I'm sure they are fit for purpose.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Had the date issue too and something else on the dial. Having already gone back to RSC once with a previous problem, I decided to return it, rather than wait another four weeks for it to possibly come back ok. Really nice watch, but quality issues too frustrating.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudlar View Post
    Had the date issue too and something else on the dial. Having already gone back to RSC once with a previous problem, I decided to return it, rather than wait another four weeks for it to possibly come back ok. Really nice watch, but quality issues too frustrating.
    Yes that's poor at this level. Shame as it looks great for the money.

Craftsman
    Got mine today, think it looks great. Will definitely do until my Rolex Pepsi arrives whenever that may be!

Journeyman
    Had mine a week now, just checked it against Watchville, it is less than 2 seconds out, this after a week, I am shocked it just how good it is!!!!

Scottie

Quote Originally Posted by scottie2345 View Post
    Had mine a week now, just checked it against Watchville, it is less than 2 seconds out, this after a week, I am shocked it just how good it is!!!!

Scottie
    Mine is looking like -2sec/day. Happy with that.

Journeyman
    Mines +2 a day

Mines +2 a day

Mine is -26 seconds over 10 days

Journeyman
    2 seconds fast per day. Quite happy with the accuracy

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Besides the date issue what problem you had on the dial?

Craftsman
    Watches of Switzerland in Heathrow t4 had one in the safe which i tried on.

I was surprised at how much i liked it as normally 42mm is too big for me. Unfortunately, it was already reserved for another customer and the shop assistant refused to budge on it. Shame as i would have bought it there and then, especially at 20% off

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by radarcontact View Post
    2 seconds fast per day. Quite happy with the accuracy

Great strap/colour combination
    I hope that Erika will do something similar for the BB58
    SaveSave

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    SaveSave
    She does 20 mm but just not in the combo I want

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by radarcontact View Post
    Besides the date issue what problem you had on the dial?

Small peice of metal stuck on the dial when I picked it up - noticed by the AD staff when they removed the sticker - went straight back for a redial. After a week of having it back I noticed something else had got caught under the crystal, which also made its way onto the dial.

Goldsmiths were excellent about the whole thing, and couldn’t apologise enough. First time they’d had any real issues with Tudor watches, so perhaps I was a bit unlucky.

Tudor Blackbay GMT

Small peice of metal stuck on the dial when I picked it up - noticed by the AD staff when they removed the sticker - went straight back for a redial. After a week of having it back I noticed something else had got caught under the crystal, which also made its way onto the dial.

Goldsmiths were excellent about the whole thing, and couldn’t apologise enough. First time they’d had any real issues with Tudor watches, so perhaps I was a bit unlucky.
    Every problem that has come up is always the “first time we’ve ever had any problems”. Wish ADs would stop insulting our intelligence. The Goldsmiths I bought from have now had two returns (I discussed the other with a fellow TZer) yet they still said to me only yesterday mine is the only one they have heard of. Bottom line is that ADs are full of hot air.

Craftsman
    Every problem that has come up is always the “first time we’ve ever had any problems”. Wish ADs would stop insulting our intelligence. The Goldsmiths I bought from have now had two returns (I discussed the other with a fellow TZer) yet they still said to me only yesterday mine is the only one they have heard of. Bottom line is that ADs are full of hot air.
    The assistant did look genuinely surprised when she pulled the sticker off and noticed the dial; but agree, much hot air followed. When I returned the watch, I mentioned a few people on here were experiencing similar issues, but just got a bemused expression back! Hopefully they sort these issues out as, quality control aside, it really is a great watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    SaveSave
    I got mine at the weekend but haven't put it on as I'm not sure I like it, despite it looking great.. I'm waiting for my leather / deployant to arrive first.

I got mine at the weekend but haven't put it on as I'm not sure I like it, despite it looking great.. I'm waiting for my leather / deployant to arrive first.

Try it on. I felt the same but that changed on the wrist.

Try it on. I felt the same but that changed on the wrist.
    Aye ok. Do you have to remove the spring bars and then replace them once the strap is in place? That's the only way to fit it I can figure out..

Aye ok. Do you have to remove the spring bars and then replace them once the strap is in place? That's the only way to fit it I can figure out..

Yes - place the watch head on the strap where it goes and then apply the springbars. It’s not a thread through like a nato.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFiSG9GGBPw

Not got gmt back yet but apparently my bb58 is in so I’ll go check it out now

Journeyman
    Has anyone received delivery of a GMT from Fraser Hart. I am number 3 on the list with a local branch but they are very vague re delivery. Thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrisimo View Post
    Has anyone received delivery of a GMT from Fraser Hart. I am number 3 on the list with a local branch but they are very vague re delivery. Thanks.
    It generally sounds like these are arriving in 2s from Tudor so you're probably very imminent.

Craftsman

Tudor Blackbay GMT

My Pelagos went back for exactly the same reason last year. I was just about to leave the shop when I noticed something glint under the crystal. On inspection it was found to be a tiny metal filing. The dealer let me take the watch away whilst a new one was ordered. When the new one arrived a few weeks later, the bezel grated and jammed solid within 10 minutes of me leaving the store. I immediately returned it for a refund and have since bought another make of watch. Shame really because I loved the look and feel of the Pelagos.

I got mine from FH Edinburgh. Was first on their list. They had watch in store for pick up on 4th June. From the initial batch FH had secured 60 GMTS across the company, 10 stores carry Tudor but they were not distributed evenly. I understand the Edinburgh store (being the only one to carry Tudor in Scotland) received 7. If you did not get sorted in the initial batch you will have to wait for the steady stream. I was told stores should expect one a month, therefore you are potentially waiting until October if you put your desposit down recently. Of course I don't know how big demand is for the GMT...if it's going nuts supply might become an issue. FH are one of the biggest sellers of Tudor in UK so they are a good bet, some smaller volume ADs are quoting a year.

Journeyman
    Mine was due for delivery in October got it a fortnight ago from Rox in Newcastle they are receiving 2 a month instead of one what they thought they were going to get... All this shit with the dodgy date wheel and stuff under the crystal has kinda tainted this watch a bit for me.. I could only check mine for a couple of days before I come back to work. If I have any issues with mine I think I would ask for my money back. All these issues are stuff you would expect from a kickstarter company...

Mine was due for delivery in October got it a fortnight ago from Rox in Newcastle they are receiving 2 a month instead of one what they thought they were going to get... All this shit with the dodgy date wheel and stuff under the crystal has kinda tainted this watch a bit for me.. I could only check mine for a couple of days before I come back to work. If I have any issues with mine I think I would ask for my money back. All these issues are stuff you would expect from a kickstarter company...

There’s been a number of the datewheel ones but from what I can see they were all around the same time so may be a batch issue

I wonder if they are finding it difficult to recreate the problem. Happened to me, I reset the time and fingers crossed it hasn't recurred. 🤞

Craftsman
    Better than Goldsmiths Newcastle I’m still waiting and I was 5 on the list. 🙄

Journeyman
    It was FH in One New Change in London so I would expect them to get some in the initial batch. I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and they claimed to have had none at that point.

Journeyman
    I was in FH One New Change just now. They want a 50% deposit to get on the ‘priority’ waitlist, with a 2 month ish wait. Or, join the regular queue. No idea how long that would take. I declined their kind offer!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscc View Post
    I was in FH One New Change just now. They want a 50% deposit to get on the ‘priority’ waitlist, with a 2 month ish wait. Or, join the regular queue. No idea how long that would take. I declined their kind offer!
    Ditto for me for the BB58. Deposit is non refundable too...

Just been told I’ll likely get my gmt back at some point next week - no information yet as to the root cause. I’ll keep at them and report back.

Craftsman
    I had a conversation with my local AD in Norwich yesterday and I am next on the list.
    Now I am not sure how many others have been told this but I am happy waiting for the call. Should be within the next 'few weeks'.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    I was categorically told the 50% was fully refundable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpingjalapeno View Post
    I was categorically told the 50% was fully refundable.

I cant see how they can legally keep any of your money if you don’t want the item when it arrives. Basic consumer rights as I see it. It’s not as if it’s a bespoke item, they are what they are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    Try the FH on Cheapside, much more ameanable than 1 new change.