closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    That’s rubbish service imo. When I got call for mine on a Monday they happily held it till Friday close of business. Same service with the call from Harrods they held it for me.
    At least they called :)

Been on Goldsmiths list longer, and not heard a word.. but "on bracelet" are obviously getting to the AD's now... Excitement to disappointment in 60 minutes !

Got one on a bracelet today! 3rd time lucky......missed the previous 2 calls as I had been away! Hopefully the date issue is resolved. They had 2 come in today...both gone.

I got the call (amongst the first is Scotland) said I was incredibly busy and wouldn't be in for a further 11 days. They said it was my watch and to come in whenever.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    That’s rubbish service imo. When I got call for mine on a Monday they happily held it till Friday close of business. Same service with the call from Harrods they held it for me.
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Been waiting 8 months from Goldsmiths for one on bracelet and rubbish service.
    Popped into another local AD and asked on the off-chance, had a good chat and explained my frustration last week.
    Put my name down and a refundable deposit due to impatience and 6 DAYS later a phone call offering me this beauty, purchaser pulled out and even though on nato they offered me a voucher to use against buying the bracelet separately.
    So happy and I'll never use Goldsmiths again. X

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Sounds like a good deal. Wear well!!
    They are lovely watches !!

Craftsman
    Very nice indeed. Heading into town this weekend to add my name to the wait list.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Very nice indeed. Heading into town this weekend to add my name to the wait list.
    Or there’s always this ......
    FS: Tudor GMT £2,850
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t

Went through Dubai on my way to Adelaide on Thursday, and they had one in the cabinet on Nylon, they told me they had just been delivered (01 in the morning) and they had one on a bracelet in their other terminal!

I decided to risk it, and said ‘yes please’ , they bought the bracelet one over ( the price difference was only €200) they said that they sell quick, these were the first ones in 3 months and had all sold (one on each strap style) within 2 minutes!

So, now to get the bracelet sized in Adelaide as currently it’s a ‘tad’ loose!
    Last edited by robcuk; 15th December 2018 at 03:49.

Craftsman
    Which one of you nabbed the one at fraser hart in one new change? Went to ask to try it on this afternoon and was told it had gone

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Tried to take the nato off tonight with my bergeon "F" springbar tool and I just couldn't get any purchase at all and I actually gave up in case I slipped and scratched it. Does anyone know of a better tool?
    I've never had this problem before with my speedy or BB RED?

Got mine last month, no list. I was walking passed my AD and it was in the window, couldn’t believe my eyes so went in and made the purchase. Really happy and my date changes at just past 12 and I mean just!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1978 View Post
    Tried to take the nato off tonight with my bergeon "F" springbar tool and I just couldn't get any purchase at all and I actually gave up in case I slipped and scratched it. Does anyone know of a better tool?
    I've never had this problem before with my speedy or BB RED?
    Any luck with this ?

Craftsman
    Not as yet mate. Haven't tried aobce to be honest. Changing a strap is usually the max of my abilities and I can't even do that now. Haha

Craftsman
    Yes success.
    The springbars took a load of persuading and a fair covering of tape over the lugs buy I got the Erika trident mn strap on and it's so comfy already.
    I bought the strap ages ago while waiting to get my hands on the piece.

Yes success.
    The springbars took a load of persuading and a fair covering of tape over the lugs buy I got the Erika trident mn strap on and it's so comfy already.
    I bought the strap ages ago while waiting to get my hands on the piece.
    Lol glad you managed - tbh the Erika’s is harder to fasten than springbar removal is

Craftsman
    I'm still working on the knack of getting the clasp closed.

Craftsman
    Tried one on in France, but didn’t want to pay the premium for the poor exchange rate and thought it’d be easy to get one in England.......umpteen phone calls and 12-18 month waiting lists later I started to regret not getting the one I’d tried on.

I should have known a WTB post on this fine website was a better place to start - a few days after posting my request and I picked one up on a bracelet for RRP that had never left it’s box!

Popped into New Change to enquire today, really on the off chance that they had one sitting around uncollected. No joy, the one in the window last week was sold the same day. The sales guy did say that the wait would be minimal. Only one person would be ahead of me on the nato list which is my preferred version. They have eleven people on the bracelet list but he as good as told me that the majority of the people on the list are passing now and he expects them all to be placed in the window from March.

Craftsman
    Goldsmiths in Canterbury re-sized my bracelet yesterday and said that they’re expecting a big delivery of them on the NATO strap.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Popped into New Change to enquire today, really on the off chance that they had one sitting around uncollected. No joy, the one in the window last week was sold the same day. The sales guy did say that the wait would be minimal. Only one person would be ahead of me on the nato list which is my preferred version. They have eleven people on the bracelet list but he as good as told me that the majority of the people on the list are passing now and he expects them all to be placed in the window from March.
    My personal opinion is that you should get the leather strap version as it costs the same as nato one, and get a nato strap separately. If you do it the other way around a Tudor leather strap + clasp is 300+ and nato is 120 (or go with another nato brand for even less)

When I got mine originally on a nato I wasn’t aware of the huge cost of leather strap, I asked the sales team also but they hadn’t got a clue either. I was about to tell them to refund me for the nato watch and put me back on the list for a leather one, but finally after a word with the manager we came to a deal and I bought the leather strap & clasp at a heavy discount.

Master
    Lovely watch.

Apologies if covered already but does anyone know from experience how much different the GMT weas compared to the in house 41 diver? Does that case edging make it sit lower?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    Lovely watch.

Apologies if covered already but does anyone know from experience how much different the GMT weas compared to the in house 41 diver? Does that case edging make it sit lower?
    curious about this too. My guess is that the case is just the same...so a bit bulky.

Yep, no matter how much I like the GMT. Once I tried one on I knew it didn’t sit right. The 58 fits perfectly.

I have both the BLNR and the Pelagos, this fits in between the two, not as ‘smooth’ as the GMT II, and a bit heavier than the Pelagos. It’s sits lower than the Pelagos too, I’ll post some pics next week when they are reunited.

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    Lovely watch.

No, it doesn't sit lower as the actual thickness is nearly identical. Takes some of the visual heft out of the mid case, and appears a bit slimmer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    No, it doesn't sit lower as the actual thickness is nearly identical. Takes some of the visual heft out of the mid case, and appears a bit slimmer.
    Thought so, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Lol glad you managed - tbh the Erika’s is harder to fasten than springbar removal is
    Rusty, in case you were not aware?
    There is a couple of good videos on how to fit them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFiSG9GGBPw

But basically once you have adjusted the strap to how you want it, fit the clasp and then just slip the strap on and off without ever having to undo the clasp.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Deacons in Swindon have one in on a nato.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post

But basically once you have adjusted the strap to how you want it, fit the clasp and then just slip the strap on and off without ever having to undo the clasp.
    Dafuq. Mind blown. You don’t unfasten it! I need to lie down now.....

Journeyman
    Any chance of a gmt 39mm next yr?

Dafuq. Mind blown. You don’t unfasten it! I need to lie down now.....
    LOL
    Merry Christmas

LOL
    Merry Christmas
    Hmm tried it. Won’t be doing that again - puts WAY too much strain on the spring bars. I’ll continue to fiddle with the clasp clumsily

Craftsman

It would never get over my wee chubby hands!! And I don't even wear my straps that tight either.
    Joe

Craftsman
    I'm still working on the knack of getting the clasp closed.
    It becomes easier with practice. There will still be times that it will fight you though!

Blog Entries
    Just got mine back from Rolex St James to fix the date issue. Service slip says ‘replacement part’. Anyway, happy to have it back

Master
    Just got mine back too. No service slip, just a receipt which says Watch Warranty Claim. Anyway, pleased it’s back, I’ll monitor it over the next few days to make sure it’s fixed but I haven’t heard of the problem recurring once repaired.

Master
    Hurrah! It's the 22nd and the watch says it's the 22nd!

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Hurrah! It's the 22nd and the watch says it's the 22nd!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    I popped into WOS and have now been told September ( I’m on the register ). Wondered if anybody on the forum has been told similar and whether the delivery is starting to look like 2019?

Your first post is to quote another post and say nothing? I’m confused?

Master
    Very impressed by the watch. Wore it this weekend for the first time after purchasing a month ago and it’s a very comfortable watch on the nato strap. I was worried in the store that it might be heavy on top of the wrist but it just sits so well that a few times I’d forgotten I was wearing a watch. And when you look at the small details (hands, legibility of the dial, date window, bezel) it looks and feels like a quality product, very much on par with Rolex I would say. And at 41mm it feels just right, although would love to try a BB58 some day! I also love the fact that the bezel from certain angles looks like it’s black/red.

Overall very impressed as you can tell and I completely get the hype around Tudor at the moment.

Journeyman
    Sorry chaps I’m new to the forum world. Apologies about the dodgy first post not sure how I managed to that.

Journeyman
    Just joined the forum and must say a BB GMT is the watch i really want at the moment. Recognise that in a few months they may be readily available but it doesn't bother me as no plan to sell.

Only started to get into watches a little more in the last 6 month's and really like the look of it in metal bracelet.

Managed to try one on at my AD briefly as it was already sold but he says he has a ling wait list.

On a positive I am now number 1 on his Batman list!

I have considered buying the GMT ON the grey market but have decided I'd rather go new. Hoping to get the heads up off a forum member if they spot one!

Merry Xmas

Picked one up the other day. I’ve wanted one since trying one at a Madeira AD in August. Could have picked one up then but the unfavourable exchange rate put me off.
    Having tried both this and the new Rolex GMT I can completely understand why the Tudor is so popular. This is every inch a Rolex beater, in my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Sorry chaps I’m new to the forum world. Apologies about the dodgy first post not sure how I managed to that.
    . Welcome. Do you have the Tudor?

Craftsman
    Or there’s always this ......
    FS: Tudor GMT £2,850
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t
    Thanks for the heads up but post count means I cant veiw :)

Also just bought a GMT master II so happy to wait a few months :)

Journeyman
    shame my post count is too low to see that one too. Whilst ideally would but new could have my arm twisted!

Quote Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
    shame my post count is too low to see that one too. Whilst ideally would but new could have my arm twisted!
    Its marked as sold and has been since 14 dec

Don't worry about it, plenty more fish in the sea.
    Have a good christmas
    Dave
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    This is every inch a Rolex beater, in my opinion of course.
    I've been attracted to these for some time as a cheaper alternative to my Pepsi GMT2. Can you elaborate why you think this is a 'Rolex beater'? I have yet to see a Tudor GMT in the flesh. Whilst the Tudor's domed glass is very pretty, I love the overall flat profile of the 40mm GMT2 and have concerns that the Tudor case on their other watches (eg Chrono) tend to be quite industrial/tall/unprofiled/...crude? in comparison to the svelte Rolex case... Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    I've been attracted to these for some time as a cheaper alternative to my Pepsi GMT2. Can you elaborate why you think this is a 'Rolex beater'? I have yet to see a Tudor GMT in the flesh. Whilst the Tudor's domed glass is very pretty, I love the overall flat profile of the 40mm GMT2 and have concerns that the Tudor case on their other watches (eg Chrono) tend to be quite industrial/tall/unprofiled/...crude? in comparison to the svelte Rolex case... Thoughts?
    It’s personal taste really. I find the current Rolex sports watches more blingy and less the tool watches that they were originally intended to be. This harks back to the GMT’s of old and is all the better for it. I don’t find it overly tall and haven’t bashed it on any doors yet, which I tend to do with tall watches. I suggest you pop to somewhere like Wafchfinder and try both to see which you prefer.