closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Quote Originally Posted by radarcontact View Post
    Sorry to read that. It is nevertheless fantastic looking watch, so far the accuracy has been spot on!

How long did it took for this problem to manifest? I discussed it with the AD (they are not aware of it... yet) and cycled the dates manually - it was performing as it should during the manual tests, but I understand it needs to be auto engaged for the problem to show.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
    I collected the watch on Monday and noticed the issue today.

Am waiting for the watch guy from the AD to call me back.

The accuracy of the watch has been very good and I do love the look of the watch too.

However, it's very odd that Tudor did not pick this problem up at the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Shame to hear about a relatively common issue, but at least it’ll get sorted (and hopefully quickly).

What’s the timekeeping been like, for those who have the watch a while?
    Was +/- 0 secs for the 4 days I had it

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Was +/- 0 secs for the 4 days I had it
    Did the AD sent yours back for repair?

Quote Originally Posted by whoami View Post
    Did the AD sent yours back for repair?
    Yes. They offered a replacement one but couldn’t give timeframe , but I’d rather it was physically fixed than rely on a new replacement not having the same issue. I believe it arrived at the Tudor service centre today.

Yes. They offered a replacement one but couldn’t give timeframe , but I’d rather it was physically fixed than rely on a new replacement not having the same issue. I believe it arrived at the Tudor service centre today.
    Were they aware of the issue or was yours the first they'd seen with the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by whoami View Post
    Were they aware of the issue or was yours the first they'd seen with the problem?
    Mine was the first watch they had received as I was first in their branch to get one. Weren’t aware of the issue.

Finally I've picked mine yesterday, superb watch!!

Reading about the date change issues, I recall Rolex 3186 calibre had some issues with the date change, although I am not certain if they were similar.

The 2 Tudors next to my Exp II. Both were reserved. I was no.1 on the list and I had to chose which one is for me. I've got the bracelet version although the strap looks quite nice as well. Will experiment with other straps, currently I have it on Erica's MN straps Trident with red stitching, it looks like it is made for this watch! More pics to follow...

Got a few well lit pics of it on the Erikas trident? Curious to see that look as that strap is winging its way to me as I type

Journeyman
    The only pic that I got, sorry. Now it is too dark to take a decent photo. I believe it suits the watch perfectly. The watch sits very comfortable on the strap.

The only pic that I got, sorry. Now it is too dark to take a decent photo. I believe it suits the watch perfectly. The watch sits very comfortable on the strap.

Looks perfect. This would be my fabric strap of choice...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpingjalapeno View Post
    Looks perfect. This would be my fabric strap of choice...

Mine too, which is why I've ordered one. Just to add I don't have the date issue on mine (touch wood) but the timekeeping seems a bit out. I'll check it again at noon tomorrow, but think it might be losing a minute a day..

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisance Value View Post
    Mine too, which is why I've ordered one. Just to add I don't have the date issue on mine (touch wood) but the timekeeping seems a bit out. I'll check it again at noon tomorrow, but think it might be losing a minute a day..
    A minute a day? ! Stick it on a timegrapher if you have one see what it shows.

That does look good

A minute a day? ! Stick it on a timegrapher if you have one see what it shows.
    I don't have one unfortunately, I'm just checking it against the computer at work, but will have a better idea tomorrow

I set it Monday morning and seemed to think it was about a minute and a half out by Wednesday, but I wasn't being that studious of it.
    Last edited by Nuisance Value; 12th July 2018 at 22:23.

I don't have one unfortunately, I'm just checking it against the computer at work, but will have a better idea tomorrow

I set it Monday morning and seemed to think it was about a minute and a half out by Wednesday, but I wasn't being that studious of it.
    You should be able to tell within an hour- if it’s a minute a day it’ll be 2-3 secs or so out

I can never remember if magnetising makes a watch fast or slow but if I remember it’s got silicone springs etc ?

I can never remember if magnetising makes a watch fast or slow but if I remember it’s got silicone springs etc ?
    I'll know better tomorrow. I just remember thinking, hang on that looks a fair bit out, but I might have not set it correctly.

Still excited by it!

Journeyman
    My local AD had one of these in the window on the NATO strap. I must admit it looked very nice. It wasn’t on my radar really, but I was very tempted to make an impulse purchase.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowen View Post
    My local AD had one of these in the window on the NATO strap. I must admit it looked very nice. It wasn’t on my radar really, but I was very tempted to make an impulse purchase.
    Where is your ads, I want to try it on my wrist

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by torsinsit View Post
    Where is your ads, I want to try it on my wrist
    London - Stratford if that is any use??

Master
    Blog Entries

Tudor Blackbay GMT

They are easy to find in Spain.

Last edited by Middo; 13th July 2018 at 19:15.

Master
    Apologies for the terrible pic but the woman actually came out the shop after me...

Lakeside

I asked about the BB58 and was told “we can only take pre-orders as it’s soooo popular”

I said about them having the GMT and was told “we’ve only got one there and it’s pre-order only”. I pointed out there was 3 sat in the window and she just stumbled and said “they’re pre order only as they’re really sought after”

Talk about a load of bull, trying to get the hype up and create silly demand.

Goldsmiths did this to me on a Pelagos about a year ago, think they’ve still got the same 3 sat in the window there too. The woman there told me they’re all sold out and you won’t get one. I pointed out there was 3 in the window only to be told the same rubbish.

Master
    CH Lakeside? I fekkin hate when they approach you outside the shop!!

Master
    Timekeeping is spot on. I picked mine up on Tuesday night and set it, today it’s -2s. Makes it my most accurate mechanical, after my Bremont Norton

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Timekeeping is spot on. I picked mine up on Tuesday night and set it, today it’s -2s. Makes it my most accurate mechanical, after my Bremont Norton

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    . Enjoy it. Lovely thing

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    CH Lakeside? I fekkin hate when they approach you outside the shop!!
    They do the same in Nottingham, I've been approched/accosted a couple of times.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If they were pre order they shouldn't be in the display case. If they are working models they should be for sale. I'd understand if they were simply non working cases to let potential customers see. But to give 4 watches to a store and have zero for general sale is pointless. I wonder if that is coming from Tudor or the AD.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yup all hype! Tudor have a great range though now, and the new movements the icing on the cake. You would be mental to pay over rrp though.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Apologies for the terrible pic but the woman actually came out the shop after me...

Lakeside

I asked about the BB58 and was told “we can only take pre-orders as it’s soooo popular”

I said about them having the GMT and was told “we’ve only got one there and it’s pre-order only”. I pointed out there was 3 sat in the window and she just stumbled and said “they’re pre order only as they’re really sought after”

Talk about a load of bull, trying to get the hype up and create silly demand.

Goldsmiths did this to me on a Pelagos about a year ago, think they’ve still got the same 3 sat in the window there too. The woman there told me they’re all sold out and you won’t get one. I pointed out there was 3 in the window only to be told the same rubbish.
    If it's in the window with a price on it then it's for sale.

I would be rather annoyed if my pre-order watch was in the window and used as a demo model for people to try on - different scenario from knowingly buying from the display case.

Journeyman
    I received mine at the day the AD received their Tudor and Rolex shipment. I was able to see the Tudor GMT and the new SS GMT master II side by side. Both terrific watches!

Journeyman
    Finally got mine this afternoon as well, really pleased, sized it in shop and not took it of since 😀

Scottie

Quote Originally Posted by scottie2345 View Post
    Finally got mine this afternoon as well, really pleased, sized it in shop and not took it of since

Scottie
    Great news, welcome to the club. Did Chris serve you? Did they include the packing box too? Pics please?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    If it's in the window with a price on it then it's for sale.

I would be rather annoyed if my pre-order watch was in the window and used as a demo model for people to try on - different scenario from knowingly buying from the display case.
    Totally agree. Bizarre practice. Must be a store idea because they are not all doing this. Nottingham had 4 in their batch. None of which spent display time in the window.

Just checked Watchfinder 15/07/18 who have two listed for £3950 each. Crackers! Why would you pay over RRP? They will be plentiful soon enough. They aren't Rolex BLNR's for crying out load.

I’m a little mystified by the date wheel issue being reported. These are COSC certified, yes? Doesn’t the certification process require running and checking the watch for more than 24 hours? And it’s not like they test a random sampling of watches, each individual watch is tested and sold with a certificate, right?

Likewise, running a minute out in 2-3 days would also be caught by the testing.

My brain is experiencing vapor lock. I can’t imagine these issues developing just from shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    I’m a little mystified by the date wheel issue being reported. These are COSC certified, yes? Doesn’t the certification process require running and checking the watch for more than 24 hours? And it’s not like they test a random sampling of watches, each individual watch is tested and sold with a certificate, right?

Likewise, running a minute out in 2-3 days would also be caught by the testing.

My brain is experiencing vapor lock. I can’t imagine these issues developing just from shipping.
    I don’t think the COSC test would fail due to a malfunctioning date wheel. It’s all about timing the movement isn’t it ?

Grand Master
    Bang for buck you have to admire Tudor for value, I like the way they have a ‘version’ of the desirable Rolexs making them accessible and affordable to more
    RIAC

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by You Only Live Twice View Post
    Great news, welcome to the club. Did Chris serve you? Did they include the packing box too? Pics please?

Chris did indeed serve me, he did say you mentioned me 😀😀
    Yup got the packing case, he did a very thorough job, two receipts, one in the box etc, most impressed
    I also tried on the black bay bronze which I thought the brown dial would be hideous, but really liked it in the flesh!! Still not sure if bronze is a fad,

Scottie

Saw this on EBay earlier today.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tudor-Bla...YAAOSwFuZbSl0f

I thought the price was very good.
    Apparently bought from Harrods last week. But the seller is in in Canada until the week after next!
    Forgive my ignorance, but why would you advertise it so early?
    Last edited by Topcat30093; 15th July 2018 at 20:39. Reason: Amended post

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Saw this on EBay earlier today.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tudor-Bla...YAAOSwFuZbSl0f

I thought the price was very good.
    Apparently bought from Harrods last week. But the seller is in in Canada until the week after next!
    Forgive my ignorance, but why would you advertise it so early?
    I’d be a bit weary buying that. The time thing could well be enough for them to withdraw the money and be gone while you’re waiting for them to “get back from Canada”

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    I’d be a bit weary buying that. The time thing could well be enough for them to withdraw the money and be gone while you’re waiting for them to “get back from Canada”
    You would be fully covered under Paypal Ebay there. Also he mentioned a WUS identity. I’m sure contact could be made to check refs there too. I think it’s a legit listing tbh, but protection is there if it isn’t.

Price is good.

Master
    I put my name down for one from the next batch today. May be 2019 before I hear they reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I put my name down for one from the next batch today. May be 2019 before I hear they reckon.
    I would be very surprised if you don’t get one in the next couple of months.

Master
    You would be fully covered under Paypal Ebay there. Also he mentioned a WUS identity. I’m sure contact could be made to check refs there too. I think it’s a legit listing tbh, but protection is there if it isn’t.

Price is good.
    Price is same as you can buy a new one for. It looks it compared to the chancers but these aren’t difficult to get (or won’t be soon) unless you buy into the dealer hype. They’ll follow the other Tudor line up and I’ll be seeing 3 in the window week after week in my local goldsmiths only to be told they aren’t actually there.

Anyone buying from WF or other inflated sellers is crazy.

Wee update:

So I must have been on the glue last time. I set it noon on Wednesday (or was it Thursday) then forgot to check it until this morning. I've been wearing it all day every day except Sunday when I was working on the house.

It had lost 13 seconds over 4 days at 9am this morning.

I'll keep an eye on it but my original misgivings are unfounded.

Edit: I've also got a couple of straps arriving, an Erika one and a leather one which I'll stick on a Tudor deployant that's due from Germany.
    Last edited by Nuisance Value; 16th July 2018 at 21:13.

I'd ask around, that seems a long wait time tbh

Journeyman
    Edit: I've also got a couple of straps arriving, an Erika one and a leather one which I'll stick on a Tudor deployant that's due from Germany.[/QUOTE]

I’m also waiting for a Tudor deployment from Germany...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.B View Post
    Edit: I've also got a couple of straps arriving, an Erika one and a leather one which I'll stick on a Tudor deployant that's due from Germany.
    I’m also waiting for a Tudor deployment from Germany...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]Why Germany? Share info folks

Journeyman
    Mine is from EBay there maybe from the same place got it pretty cheap as well

Quote Originally Posted by Rob.B View Post
    Mine is from EBay there maybe from the same place got it pretty cheap as well

Mind if I ask how much you paid?

Journeyman
    Mind if I ask how much you paid?
    I won it on £36 apparently old stock. These are the photos wait and see what it’s like when it arrives