closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC after nearly 10 years here & recent activity

Master

SOTC after nearly 10 years here & recent activity

Hi,

Later this year will be 10years on here & there's been quite a lot of change and growth in what i've owned, so having not done it for a long time i'm offering up a SOTC.

I began 10 years ago with an Airking i'd had for 20 years, swapped it for a Portugese Chrono & it all began....

Frenzied periods along the way, definitely like to try/chop and change and a lot of trading up & crossing £ thresholds i once thought were red lines (funny how quickly you get comfortable with them once you do!). A year ago i felt like i was very settled, had what seemed to be the perfect number & variety and no need for anything else.......... then the Magpie instinct kicked in and i started perusing SC rabidly again. Recent activity has been frenetic (for me) and having bought/traded a number i was done........ then, once again, something interesting popped up and a trip round the M25 ensued.

Obviously whilst the content of the box has improved, my photography skills have not.

GO Sport Evo Panodate, Cameron Deepsea

LW Octopus Moon Tattoo, PAM 233

GO Seventies Panodate, JLC MC Rdm

Dornbluth 99.1, Sinn 103 LE

There are also some overflow items from the box, a Sinn UXS, and a few vintage which don't get worn and a PRS-82.

Lots of variety i think and with the LW arriving yesterday being a little out there, it might remain to be seen how often and where that one is worn!
    My first LW after being tempted many times by them i appear to have started at the top :).

Hope this is mildly of interest.

Alex
    Last edited by luckyal; 17th March 2020 at 00:19.

Yes it is. Nice varied collection. Always pulls at the heartstrings to see a blue dialled seventies. Thanks for posting

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    Yes it is. Nice varied collection. Always pulls at the heartstrings to see a blue dialled seventies. Thanks for posting

I bought that one new whilst on a family holiday in NY so it’s one of the only ones the wife and daughters bought into and wouldn’t be keen on me selling + RRP less a discount means resale is too painful an option to ever consider ! Therefore, a keeper 🙂

Lovely eclectic selection there, the Oktopus Moon Tattoo is mental but I love it. My favourite has to be the GO Seventies though. Nice to hear that you still have the PRS-82.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Craftsman
    Lots of great watches there.

The JLC Reserve de Marche is one I pine for...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Nice collection, with each watch different from the others.

I really love the variety and have to say fantastic collection! Some unusual pieces but you cover all bases and have just the right amount of eclectic pieces to keep things exciting. The LW you have is probably one of their best ever. Time to enjoy the collection

Nice collection!

I think I bought your IWC portuguese chronos in 2011 and I still have it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Nice collection!

You did, I remember, likely my first SC sale. I suspect I will come back for one at some point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Nice collection!

You did, I remember, likely my first SC sale. I suspect I will come back for one at some point

Nice varied collection there, done really nice pieces too. The GO Seventies is the highlight for me aswell, have always loved that watch.

Thanks for sharing, Nice collection, particularly like that JLC you’ve got...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Nice collection, particularly like that JLC you’ve got...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Given it's the most understated in the box, it seems to be a favourite.

Decent size, perfect daily & oozes class. Deserves slightly better photos.....

That's a very nice and varied collection there, something for every occasion

The JLC is a beauty as is the TV cased GO. .
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

That’s a lovely group. Thanks for posting.

Congrats on your collection, Alex.
    We're peers when it comes to the 10 years (Jan 2010 for me) and the photography skills. Where we're not is that I haven't really got out of my comfort zone of not more than £1k per piece yet.

Master
    Lovely collection. My JLC MC RDM says hi! Don't see many...

Master
    That is a great collection. I have a soft spot for the Dornbluth as I have one but the JLC is gorgeous, I know I could goggle but what is the diameter?

Master
    It’s 37mm which feels just right.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyal View Post
    It’s 37mm which feels just right.
    The JLC 37mm RDM is so cool (I have one also). Some genius decided to enlarge it, as seems to be the fashion, and the proportions were ruined.

Nice varied collection there!

Would love the Pan, DSSD and the JLC!

Like you I’ve had watches for a while but recently got into the more prestige brands.

Addictive isn’t the word!

Master
    Definitely addictive is one word, easy to get carried away too but if you're buying well (nb a new GO Seventies at 80% RRP is an example of how not to) & not spending money you don't have , there could be much worse things to do with your time and money.....