closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Are you sure your own facts are correct?

Quote Originally Posted by JamieTheBarber View Post
    That is the most pathetic thing I’ve read thus far. Seriously grow up. This is a watch forum not real world. I’ve apologised and apologised. Why is this so hard to get over? Dry your eyes and move along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You seem to be getting the wrong end of the stick over and over again. No one is upset - we are just pointing out the forum rules which are there to prevent chaos. Hopefully you understand them now

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    You seem to be getting the wrong end of the stick over and over again. No one is upset - we are just pointing out the forum rules which are there to prevent chaos. Hopefully you understand them now
    I totally understand them now and obviously won’t be doing it again. I’m not the only one who has ever broken a rule I’m sure but does it really warrant everybody chiming in?
    This is my last post on the matter as I have got better things to do. My original intentions where to help someone out if they wanted the watch without the wait as it really wasn’t my cup of tea. I wish everyone a Prosperous New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by JamieTheBarber View Post
    No. I sold the watch in my shop. To someone I know. Come on mate get all the facts correct

Just keep lying, I am sure it helps your credibility.

Maybe a flounce and then return under a new username? #clippingjames
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

I can vouch that Jamie was going to do a good deed and kindly offered me the watch by PM for retail price, no profit when he saw that I had decided to try and source one. Really don’t think there is anything more than unintentional rule breaking and I was appreciative of the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I can vouch that Jamie was going to do a good deed and kindly offered me the watch by PM for retail price, no profit when he saw that I had decided to try and source one. Really don’t think there is anything more than unintentional rule breaking and I was appreciative of the offer.
    It remains a mystery how much the eventual buyer paid though.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    It remains a mystery how much the eventual buyer paid though.
    Seriously, why do you care?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Seriously, why do you care?
    IIRC it was put up for what the seller claimed to have paid for it, £3,200 but it has since transpired that one of the not so stealthy sales posts was for £3k and now the watch has been reduced to £3k on SC.

That is probably why some people care.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    IIRC it was put up for what the seller claimed to have paid for it, £3,200 but it has since transpired that one of the not so stealthy sales posts was for £3k and now the watch has been reduced to £3k on SC.

That is probably why some people care.
    Yes I know I get all that its pretty clear from the two threads, this thread is about the Tudor GMT however so yeah we get it, its a stealth sales post but why are some people going on like a broken record about it?

Its not a question of some people caring, we are talking about people who are neither the buyer or seller in this.

Jeez... have another sherry and a mince pie you guys.

a little pic just in case anyone forgot the thread topic

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    a little pic just in case anyone forgot the thread topic
    Not forgotten; just subsumed in the (apparently) usual feeding frenzy at the expense of someone who is perceived as having committed some pretty trivial transgression against 'the rules'. I have seen this before, remember ;) ('your personality...' blah blah blah)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Ah, the lifeblood who thinks the rules need not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Pupp View Post
    Not forgotten; just subsumed in the (apparently) usual feeding frenzy at the expense of someone who is perceived as having committed some pretty trivial transgression against 'the rules'. I have seen this before, remember ;) ('your personality...' blah blah blah)
    Of all the watch fora on the internet, this place is the least moderated with minimal rules - folks that do not appreciate that and abide by it will get grief.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Ah, the lifeblood who thinks the rules need not apply.
    #

Me? Rules apply for sure but maybe they should be enforced by those who established them rather than by lickspittles with some imagined axe to grind...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Of all the watch fora on the internet, this place is the least moderated with minimal rules - folks that do not appreciate that and abide by it will get grief.
    Least moderated ? You are joking!
    Seems like everyone (or most) is a mod on here!! Least moderated LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Least moderated ? You are joking!
    Seems like everyone (or most) is a mod on here!! Least moderated LOL
    Go elsewhere then - there is a big difference in commenting and moderation.

If you are not able to understand the difference then it's simple - moderation is deletion of posts, removal of membership/access.

Folks on here generally look out for each other, stealth dealers, profiteers and alternate forum ID's are frowned upon, as are fake watches.

Craftsman
    Totally agree with that and I am all for looking out for one another but this forum seems to have gone past that with some only interested in wanting to slate people?
    If this forum.is to help then help.

Totally agree with that and I am all for looking out for one another but this forum seems to have gone past that with some only interested in wanting to slate people?
    Minority TBH.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Go elsewhere then - there is a big difference in commenting and moderation.

If you are not able to understand the difference then it's simple - moderation is deletion of posts, removal of membership/access.

Folks on here generally look out for each other, stealth dealers, profiteers and alternate forum ID's are frowned upon, as are fake watches.
    Go elsewhere then!
    Ok where I am for the minute pal :)

So you're slating people on a forum because you think they are slating people on a forum?

Just checking a few facts.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    So you're slating people on a forum because you think they are slating people on a forum?

Just checking a few facts.
    Not into slating anyone. All for giving folk the benefit of the doubt. But some (not all) comments are close to bullying "I feel"
    Some threads "mental health" we all saying feel your pain pal, good luck mate, and next breath even that we know people are going through hell they are scum of the earth? And why because they (intentionally or unintentionally) tried to make £200.
    Goodwill and all that?
    And by the way not aimed at anyone here as not got any issues with anyone just some comments leave a bad taste that's all.

I guess I’m an old timer now because I remember when this thread was about the Tudor BB GMT. Those were the days….

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    I guess I’m an old timer now because I remember when this thread was about the Tudor BB GMT. Those were the days….

So true......anyway back on track. My only real disappointment, and it is by no means a huge one, but I don't think the lume is as good as it could be.
    My GMT & Sub glow bright, PO is bright and long lasting...and then there is Seiko MM and other Seikos (lesser in value) I have which are very bright, if not in a different league.
    GMT just seems a tad subdued by comparison.
    Anyone else think likewise, or am I being harsh?

What are people’s thoughts on the various comments I’ve read about Tudor watches wearing top heavy? I really like this watch and have bone skinny wrists so am a bit worried, suppose I might have to get up off my backside and go and try it on

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    So true......anyway back on track. My only real disappointment, and it is by no means a huge one, but I don't think the lume is as good as it could be.
    My GMT & Sub glow bright, PO is bright and long lasting...and then there is Seiko MM and other Seikos (lesser in value) I have which are very bright, if not in a different league.
    GMT just seems a tad subdued by comparison.
    Anyone else think likewise, or am I being harsh?
    Unless I charge it with the torch on my phone, the lume on mine in next to useless and even then it only lasts a few minutes.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    What are people’s thoughts on the various comments I’ve read about Tudor watches wearing top heavy? I really like this watch and have bone skinny wrists so am a bit worried, suppose I might have to get up off my backside and go and try it on
    I’ve got stuck thin wrists and it’s fine (especially now the bracelet has finished plucking all the hairs it didn’t like out of my arm)

Craftsman
    Although its rarely possible to try the gmt version at the AD, you could try an almost equiv tudor to get a feel for it

I don't have the largest wrists and don't think it is top heavy....well not compared to a 42mm PO or MM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauly View Post
    Unless I charge it with the torch on my phone, the lume on mine in next to useless and even then it only lasts a few minutes.
    So not just me then. I wondered if I had a duff one. Seems odd given Rolex use Superlumanova....maybe that account for the part of the £4k price difference between the new GMT II and Tudor GMT.

When I ordered mine I tried on the GMT on the bracelet and also tried on the steel and gold black bay (I assume they are the same size but someone correct me if thats not the case) I actually found them both very comfortable to wear the bracelet was the thing that struck me as it actually hugs the wrist rather than bites into it (pulling hair) or hangs a little. Its one of the few bracelets I have found that actually fits well unlike the speedmaster for example which I have not worn on a bracelet since I bought it or even other Rolex. Because of the shape of the bracelet it doesnt wear massive either (Not how I found it anyway) and didnt feel top heavy at all. I would actually get the steel and gold one were it not for having the GMT already on order.

I went to a few London Tudor ADs today to scope out availability and see about going on a few waiting lists. Generally, the message was that watches were coming through but there are still waiting lists. Ernest Jones have a 20 person limit and wont add anyone, Frasier Hart wanted 50% deposit to go on a waiting list. Bucherer were happy to add me and said that when stock comes in, they go down the list but want at least a part payment to secure immediately on the phone otherwise they phone the next person on the list. One AD said that by paying in full straight away, I could go up the list behind those that had already paid (which would take me to number 5).

So, its confirmed for me that there is no way that I will pay more than RRP from the chancers that add a premium on the secondhand market. This isn’t a Rolex GMT Master II.

The decision is....do I pay in full and be number 5 on the list, or just be patient and wait on the other lists?

What I don’t understand is...how does a part or full deposit work...surely its got to be refundable as most dealers offer a 28-day refund if the product is unworn/unused anyway?
    Last edited by Christian; 31st December 2018 at 21:07.

Journeyman
    This is how I feel, I want one on bracelet but am not prepared to pay over the odds and am reluctantly content to wait until I can get one through an AD new.

I have spoke to a couple of Ads who have said they are coming through but most want c 20% deposit although this seems to be negotiable and a couple of hundred quid seems sufficient to get their interest. This is refundable should I find one elsewhere before it arrives.

for anyone after one on leather there was one at Harrogate Hugh Rice still available a couple if days ago.

Master
    I went to a few London Tudor ADs today to scope out availability and see about going on a few waiting lists. Generally, the message was that watches were coming through but there are still waiting lists. Ernest Jones have a 20 person limit and wont add anyone, Frasier Hart wanted 50% deposit to go on a waiting list. Bucherer were happy to add me and said that when stock comes in, they go down the list but want at least a part payment to secure immediately on the phone otherwise they phone the next person on the list. One AD said that by paying in full straight away, I could go up the list behind those that had already paid (which would take me to number 5).

So, its confirmed for me that there is no way that I will pay more than RRP from the chancers that add a premium on the secondhand market. This isn’t a Rolex GMT Master II.

The decision is....do I pay in full and be number 5 on the list, or just be patient and wait on the other lists?

What I don’t understand is...how does a part or full deposit work...surely its got to be refundable as most dealers offer a 28-day refund if the product is unworn/unused anyway?
    Just be patient :) I went to watches of Switzerland and they didn’t take any deposit. I think a lot of people are on various lists, so even if an AD has 20 people the chances are that half would decline the opportunity to buy one. Plus all the flippers will also vanish once more watches are delivered and the ‘premium’ on the grey marker fades away.

For the record as much as I love the sports Rolex models I wouldn’t even pay a premium above RRP for those...!

When I ordered mine I put down a deposit but it was more of a gesture to say I intended to buy, it could have been more it could have been less than I put down and the dealer made it clear that when the watch came if I didnt want it I would get my money back and likewise if I changed my mind I could have my money back but as I do want it its no big deal to me. To be honest, I dont really understand the whole paying over the RRP for any watch including Rolex when you can just wait and pay the normal price, just smacks of stupidity to me but as they say, one born every minute (I am sure a dealer will be along soon to tell me how there are people who are happy to have the watch now and pay for the privilege) Still doesnt stop them being mugs though.

Never heard of having to pay in full up front though or even paying 50%, sounds like someone is trying their luck which is understandable. Couple of grand in a dealers pocket is better than a couple of grand in yours I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    When I ordered mine I put down a deposit but it was more of a gesture to say I intended to buy, it could have been more it could have been less than I put down and the dealer made it clear that when the watch came if I didnt want it I would get my money back and likewise if I changed my mind I could have my money back but as I do want it its no big deal to me. To be honest, I dont really understand the whole paying over the RRP for any watch including Rolex when you can just wait and pay the normal price, just smacks of stupidity to me but as they say, one born every minute (I am sure a dealer will be along soon to tell me how there are people who are happy to have the watch now and pay for the privilege) Still doesnt stop them being mugs though.

Never heard of having to pay in full up front though or even paying 50%, sounds like someone is trying their luck which is understandable. Couple of grand in a dealers pocket is better than a couple of grand in yours I guess.
    Thanks for that info. Maybe I should have quizzed the Frasier Hart dealer about the deposit policy. I’m more than happy to put 50% down or even the full amount but I was confused as to how a deposit can be non-refundable or even binding as most of the high street jewellers offer a 28-day return policy on the watch if unused.

Master
    Thanks for that info. Maybe I should have quizzed the Frasier Hart dealer about the deposit policy. I’m more than happy to put 50% down or even the full amount but I was confused as to how a deposit can be non-refundable or even binding as most of the high street jewellers offer a 28-day return policy on the watch if unused.
    Fraser hart in St. Paul’s wanted to take a £500 deposit when I wanted to put my name on their Tudor GMT priority list. When I enquired on whether it was refundable I was told it wasn’t possible due to it being a “special order”. Not really special order as even if they had no one on their list they would still order to stick in the window. I asked that being a new watch and with them having 50 names on their non deposit paying list they would easily sell it and would not be stuck with it. When I said what would happen if I were not to like the watch (they didn’t have one for me to try on in store) they said I could sell it elsewhere.

Plenty of other AD’s who are more accommodating so I took my money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    Fraser hart in St. Paul’s wanted to take a £500 deposit when I wanted to put my name on their Tudor GMT priority list. When I enquired on whether it was refundable I was told it wasn’t possible due to it being a “special order”. Not really special order as even if they had no one on their list they would still order to stick in the window. I asked that being a new watch and with them having 50 names on their non deposit paying list they would easily sell it and would not be stuck with it. When I said what would happen if I were not to like the watch (they didn’t have one for me to try on in store) they said I could sell it elsewhere.

Yes, my experience was Faser Hart in St Pauls too. The sales assistant there was the worst I’d experienced all day.

Sorry what??

I apologise Christian I misread your original post I had no idea they were trying to suggest it was non refundable! No, the dealer I went to made it very clear that if I changed my mind at any point I would get my money back and even when the watch arrived and I didnt like it I would get my money back I think it was just a making sure customers were serious about buying thing more than anything else I could have put down whatever I wanted really but it wasnt 50%! As the dealer I went to rightly pointed out if I backed out there would be someone else who would happily take it anyway so really whats the loss to them?

I guess this shows good business on their part as I was happy to call them back and put my name down for a bracelet to arrive the same time as well and as they are a Rolex dealer I would probably go to them for my next purchase too.

I think they are looking at March for the strap version and later on in the year for the bracelet version but they are coming in quick enough.

Any issues mate drop me a PM

Craftsman
    I put down a deposit in Fraser Hart Edinburgh in October. They told me at the time I didn't need to put one down at all - only if I wanted to take advantage of 4 years interest-free credit. I figured I may as well take that option as keeps the cash available to me in the short term. In order to get the credit, the minimum deposit was 15% which if I remember rightly was about 400 quid.

They initially told me I might get lucky and my BB GMT could arrive before Xmas. I went straight to top of list when I put deposit down as they had just cleared their waiting list. However last time I went in early December, they said Tudor rep had been in previous day and said that the wait could be as long as March/April '19. I'm in no massive rush, so don't mind too much - looking forward to getting my hands on it though!

John

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using TZ-UK mobile app

I was told last week there was a 6 month wait for the bracelet version.
    Do you think the wait time is the result of the date changing issue?

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I’ve enquired at quite a few ADs. Each one has a different story, ranging from a couple of months to two years. None of them really know.

They are appearing though...I asked the last AD I went to how many they’d had through and the answer was 10, expecting about 3-4 watches per month.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I genuinely think the wait is due to demand.

DMR want 20% deposit and say about 6 months and the deposit is refundable.

That’s what I did until I got one on here.

Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post

What a load of bull$$$$. They are dealing with consumers, no way they would get away with not refunding a deposit. Laughable.

Unbelievable how management of a serious business would ask their sales staff to make up such horrible stories for their customers. One to avoid surely.

Craftsman
    In terms of the date change issue - from what I have read it's to do with the date not fully moving round to the next day?

For other owners: when does your date move round? I ask because I noticed on New Years Eve that at midnight the watch still showed "31" in the date window. By 1am, this still hadn't changed so I pulled the crown out to see if moving it on an hour and back would make a difference and it instantly moved the date slightly forwards. When I pushed the crown back in, it jumped forward to "1".

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    What a load of bull$$$$. They are dealing with consumers, no way they would get away with not refunding a deposit. Laughable.

Unbelievable how management of a serious business would ask their sales staff to make up such horrible stories for their customers. One to avoid surely.
    Phoned another AD today...similar story...non-refundable deposit which they justified as being non-refundable because they are “ordering the watch in for me”??!

In terms of the date change issue - from what I have read it's to do with the date not fully moving round to the next day?

For other owners: when does your date move round? I ask because I noticed on New Years Eve that at midnight the watch still showed "31" in the date window. By 1am, this still hadn't changed so I pulled the crown out to see if moving it on an hour and back would make a difference and it instantly moved the date slightly forwards. When I pushed the crown back in, it jumped forward to "1".
    I wouldn’t be moving the time back and forward near midnight...quickest way to mess your date change up completely.

Craftsman
    I wouldn’t be moving the time back and forward near midnight...quickest way to mess your date change up completely.
    I didn’t get as far as that. Just pulled the crown out and back in again. As I found it odd that it still hadn’t moved on gone 1am

Phoned another AD today...similar story...non-refundable deposit which they justified as being non-refundable because they are “ordering the watch in for me”??!
    They can say all they want, I'd be 100% sure they will have to return it to me if and when I ask for it.

They won't be able to go around consumer protection.

Master
    I didn’t get as far as that. Just pulled the crown out and back in again. As I found it odd that it still hadn’t moved on gone 1am
    Just looked at mine and it’s 10 mins past midnight and I’m still on yesterday’s date ...will have to keep an eye on this.