closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 1438

Thread: Tudor Blackbay GMT

I’ve been wearing mine every day since early June last year with no problems whatsoever. Very accurate also.

can’t seem to take the damn thing off :)

Neil

Rox of Newcastle have 2 of them in stock, can click & collect on their website

Craftsman
    I picked one of these up from Goldsmiths Victoria in London on Monday. Called them on Saturday to check waiting times to be told they’d just had one in and were trying to contact the person at the top of the list, but couldn’t get hold of him. They called me back on Sunday to say I could have it if I wanted it.

Not sure what waiting lists are like at the moment, although Austin Kaye had one in the window at £3.5k which seems optimistic.

As everyone on this thread has said, it’s a really impressive watch in the metal. I’d prefer it to be a mm or two smaller lug to lug and the same off the thickness, but I agree it wears better than the standard Black Bay. Mine still has stickers on while I double check I’m happy with the size.

Picked mine up this week and I am delighted with it. I was put off previously reading some posts saying it might sit to tall or wear to large but even on my 7 inch wrist, it wears great.

A keeper for sure!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Picked mine up this week and I am delighted with it. I was put off previously reading some posts saying it might sit to tall or wear to large but even on my 7 inch wrist, it wears great.

A keeper for sure!

Congratulations. I have a 7 inch wrist as well and agree it fits perfectly. It one that needs to be tired on to be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post

A keeper for sure!

After seeing this watch in person I have definitely changed my opinion, it's a stunning watch and one I will try for sure.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I managed to try one on a couple of days ago
    I took my black bay s and g on an everest rubber strap along for comparison
    Whilst it was sold the lady allowed me to try it on
    I was surprised that it felt so different to the other black bays on bracelets that i compared it two
    It seemed lighter and fitted better on the wrist
    But the lady informed me its 3-4 months wait
    Got home and on the phone and bingo bought one
    Unfortunately im away for a few days so will get it Tuesday week
    Looking forward to my third tudor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    After seeing this watch in person I have definitely changed my opinion, it's a stunning watch and one I will try for sure.

It looks even better in the flesh as you say. From certain angles it looks like a vintage 16710 Pepsi/coke

Master

One thing I noticed about the GMT since getting a Black Bay is that the indices are smaller and hands slimmer. This gives the Black Bay a more “maxi” dial in comparison. This makes them different enough that I can justify owning the GMT and Black Bay.

Master
    My pants video but it explains why it wears so well and people will realise this the longer it is around.

https://youtu.be/H5t-sPjIuoY

Craftsman
    Just put mine on a RubberB with one of the reproduction deployment clasps to be found on eBay. Very impressed!

Craftsman
    Just snapped a photo of it!

There's a BB GMT in Goldsmiths Bluewater on leather if anyone wants.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaEchoAlpha View Post
    Just snapped a photo of it!

That looks awesome, makes me want to do the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Just got the call from my local AD for the bracelet version. I'm not 100% sure it's for me but I'll pop in and try it on in person. If anyone wants it though (at RRP of course), let me know. I waited 6 weeks for the call so not a long wait.

I was in Leeds on Thursday and Fraser hart has one in the window. Tried it on but thought it was a bit took think for my current tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieTheBarber View Post
    That looks awesome, makes me want to do the same!

Thanks! Tell you what, after wearing it for a few days I'm bloomin' impressed. Very comfortable and light, and the red just works with GMT hand and bezel.

Thanks! Tell you what, after wearing it for a few days I'm bloomin' impressed. Very comfortable and light, and the red just works with GMT hand and bezel.
    Did you buy the rubber b direct from them
    Or did you use a UK outlet?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieTheBarber View Post
    Did you buy the rubber b direct from them
    Or did you use a UK outlet?

eBay. Just happened to be one on there, got it for a smidge under £70. Looks like new though, so I'm pretty pleased!

eBay. Just happened to be one on there, got it for a smidge under £70. Looks like new though, so I'm pretty pleased!
    Sweet, looks like I’ll be hunting Ebay then for the foreseeable!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    I’ve got both and definitely prefer the GMT. The dial seems quite deep on the Harrods. Lovely watch though.

I got my GMT in July and haven’t had the date problem.
    It is a funny situation with the black bay harrods. Is it a mini hulk? Some buying must be thinking anything in green by Rolex / Tudor will gain value. It is a bit sad to see 44 Harrods editions for sale on chrono, 33 of them being new and unused.......... now what could be very interesting very quickly would be a Green Black Bay 58....... I don’t want to be a sheep but I could see myself joining a line for that one.

The stealth piece in the Tudor range has to be the blue Titanium Pelagos. 500m water resistant, helium valve, excellent dial, in house movement .....£3200????? At the price it is hard to justify a Rolex Submariner at £6550. I’m saying this given I own 2 submariners, and a BB58. I may offload some of my diver collection to make room for some great new divers.

Master
    Having handled a Harrods BB it's good, the 'swamp' green is a good colour. I've just picked up a pelagos smurf and love it, feels better finished.

Master
    The Pelagos is I unrivalled from a value proposition I think. Titanium, ceramic bezel, epic clasp, 70 hour power reserve, etc

I just found it to be too big and the GMT wears smaller and is more comfortable. GMT is also more versatile.

Master
    I don't have a big wrist, its 6.75" when hot. I also would say I'm not a fan of BIG watches, but I've got used to a 41.5mm PO as my daily for 6.5 years. the Pelagos is far far lighter (the PO is a hefty lump) but visually smaller, the lyre lugs vs the slab sides. Both are thick, visually the Pelagos is thicker, but it is well wearable. for me the pelagos is super comfy, it is very light and disappears on the wrist however, i can see its a big watch and many will prefer something else.

Craftsman
    Just tried one on here in KSA on leather, really impressed with it and no problem with being to big either on my 7" wrist.
    Need to try the BB58 though and ideally looking for both to be on bracelet before making a decision.
    But yes, what a wonderful piece!! Unfortunately the exchange rate is unfavourable at the moment so will try pick either of which I decide up when back in UK, or my travels, no real rush.... I think!

Craftsman
    *Update* Just called Rolex AD in Bahrain and they have the bracelet version.... left my name and they secured it until 11am tomorrow for me, no deposit just have to be there for 10am tomorrow.... also got the BB58 on bracelet and had 2 in stock.
    Off over the causeway tomorrow for me... either way one of them will be coming home with me.... quietly excited

Craftsman
    Perfect..... BB58 was nice, but felt a bit small. The GMT has presence and sits nice, feels just right on my wrist. Sized and straight on the wrist and love it already.
    One happy Weasel....

Master
    I just tried the Tudor GMT on bracelet and have a question. Can any owner confirm if the 6 o'clock side of the bracelet can be reduced to just 4 links?

On that side, I see there are 4 fixed links, and 2 removable ones attached to the clasp. Is it possible to have the 4 fixed links connect directly to the clasp? I looked very closely but not sure if there is a spring bar on the clasp itself that can be removed and attached to the 4th fixed link. There is a little hole but doesn't seem to line up with the position of any spring bar holding the last link.

I can't get them to resize it without actually buying it, but I need to know it can be resized to fit my 6.5 wrist first.

Comparing to my LN, the Rolex has 3 fixed so no problems adjusting it to fit. Currently have 3+1 on the 6 side.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    I just tried the Tudor GMT on bracelet and have a question. Can any owner confirm if the 6 o'clock side of the bracelet can be reduced to just 4 links?

On that side, I see there are 4 fixed links, and 2 removable ones attached to the clasp. Is it possible to have the 4 fixed links connect directly to the clasp? I looked very closely but not sure if there is a spring bar on the clasp itself that can be removed and attached to the 4th fixed link. There is a little hole but doesn't seem to line up with the position of any spring bar holding the last link.

I can't get them to resize it without actually buying it, but I need to know it can be resized to fit my 6.5 wrist first.

Comparing to my LN, the Rolex has 3 fixed so no problems adjusting it to fit. Currently have 3+1 on the 6 side.
    It can, yes. Send my your number and I’ll send you an image. You would need to remove the element of the clasp that folds to fit the 4th link in to that position.
    Last edited by Stuno1; 11th October 2019 at 11:23.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    It can, yes. Send my your number and I’ll send you an image.
    Good to know. That's good enough for me. Thanks!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Good to know. That's good enough for me. Thanks!
    You would need a tool with a very small point to do this. I am sure the store can do it?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    It can, yes. Send my your number and I’ll send you an image. You would need to remove the element of the clasp that folds to fit the 4th link in to that position.
    That's how mine is set up too. There's a spring bar holding the part of the clasp that says Tudor which also holds the last bracelet link. You take that out (with a pin in my case, as my spring bar tool didn't fit) and then attach the last fixed link directly to the clasp.

Craftsman
    Saw a Tudor GMT in the flesh today, first time - it was reserved for a customer. For the price its a great watch.

Me and Mrs C went out yesterday to get a jump on the Christmas shopping. We were outside of our usual stomping grounds and made our way to an AD that I hadn’t visited before, after the usual gander at the familiar window offerings, I asked if they had a GMT in stock as I hadn’t yet seen one in the flesh, I was told that they did have one out the back that they would fetch and I could take a look at it.

First impressions were excellent, never mind ‘for the money’... it’s a great watch that I couldn’t say no to.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Me and Mrs C went out yesterday to get a jump on the Christmas shopping. We were outside of our usual stomping grounds and made our way to an AD that I hadn’t visited before, after the usual gander at the familiar window offerings, I asked if they had a GMT in stock as I hadn’t yet seen one in the flesh, I was told that they did have one out the back that they would fetch and I could take a look at it.

First impressions were excellent, never mind ‘for the money’... it’s a great watch that I couldn’t say no to.
    Whats the weight feel like compared to the Rolex?

There is definitely a notable difference... now I want to weigh them!

Master
    The same pair, I have love mine to bits both of them, the GMT wears very comfortably on the wrist.

Tudor Blackbay GMT

Quite a difference in weight, almost 50% of the 16710 added again to the Tudor.

Journeyman
    Disnt think it would be that much....

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Quite a difference in weight, almost 50% of the 16710 added again to the Tudor.
    Is your 16710 SEL?
    The strap on the Tudor is heavier (clasp especially) and better IMHO.
    Still not as heavy a PO bracelet!!!

Sent from my BBF100-1 using Tapatalk

Yes, SEL

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    I popped into WOS and have now been told September ( I’m on the register ). Wondered if anybody on the forum has been told similar and whether the delivery is starting to look like 2019?

That's quite a confession..!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    You get all sorts of people on here !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Well after searching for a GMT since it was released in 2018, enquiring every time I passed a Tudor dealer and following this thread with interest today was the day. A trip to Derby and looking in Goldsmiths window I could not believe my eyes a GMT on bracelet was in the window. Not anymore now residing on my wrist as I type. The watch is everything I hoped it would be, definitely a classic. Apparently several people on their list had to pass for one reason or another and the watch was destined to be returned to head office on Thursday! Well that's my Christmas taken care off.

Still had to look in the other watch shops, rude not too. Noticed Watts 1858 in the Cornmarket had 20% off all the Omega stock in their window.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ajpac View Post
    Well after searching for a GMT since it was released in 2018, enquiring every time I passed a Tudor dealer and following this thread with interest today was the day. A trip to Derby and looking in Goldsmiths window I could not believe my eyes a GMT on bracelet was in the window. Not anymore now residing on my wrist as I type. The watch is everything I hoped it would be, definitely a classic. Apparently several people on their list had to pass for one reason or another and the watch was destined to be returned to head office on Thursday! Well that's my Christmas taken care off.

Still had to look in the other watch shops, rude not too. Noticed Watts 1858 in the Cornmarket had 20% off all the Omega stock in their window.
    Congratulations! Familiar to how I ended up with mine, although it wasn't in the window. I'm still blown away with mine. Been wearing it pretty much solid for the last month!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Is your 16710 SEL?
    The strap on the Tudor is heavier (clasp especially) and better IMHO.
    Still not as heavy a PO bracelet!!!

Sent from my BBF100-1 using Tapatalk
    came across this by chance....

john p comparing the rolex and tudor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWmhApce5Do

Master
    Left the deposit on one today, next one into the store should be heading my way. Let the waiting begin.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Left the deposit on one today, next one into the store should be heading my way. Let the waiting begin.
    Should be a relatively short wait. There’s been a supply of Tudor GMTs into the market recently