closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long is your day?

Master

How long is your day?

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. So I知 told.
    In summer I知 up around 5.30 - 6am but hit the sack before 10pm all year round if I can. I知 just not a night bird and if it痴 after 11pm I知 knackered the next morning.
    How about you?

I知 up and getting stuck into the day between 5:30 and 6:00 too and hit the sack around 10:30pm most days, unless I知 doing something that is worth staying awake for. Having started a new relationship recently, I知 still going strong in the early hours a couple of times a week. Weekends might see me enjoying a lie-in until 7ish but if the sun is shining, or there are things to be done, I値l be up and at it as soon as I知 awake.

Craftsman
    I have to read each night until I知 tired so often not even lights out until after 12:00 and I知 awake most mornings before 6:30 and I get straight up. If I知 still in bed at 7:30 I have a headache and a stiff back!

Weekday alarm goes off 05:45 and I usually get to bed around 23:00 to 23:30.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Up at 6, bed by 10.30. Not sure how it helps my marriage, as my wife is bed by 12, and up at 8 -9. I would say that this is only since retirement - prior to that our in bed and up times were closer.
    I will normally have been for a run by the time she gets up.

Master
    Usually I sleep 6 hours.
    During crunch times its usually 4.

My record was 6 hours in one week ( yes less than 1hour a day supplimented by sleeping by 15min naps as soon as I was travelling back and forth in the car).

Nightmare and not something I would want to do again

I average about 5 or 6 hours sleep each night.

I'm a train driver, so I obviously work shifts.Im retiring in 2 years, so I am "hoping" I will get more sleep,then......though I seriously doubt if I will.!

5.45 till 23.00, trouble is I've been doing it so long its the same at weekends.

How long is your day?

Alarm goes off at 5:50 lights off by 22:30-23:00. Weekends if the kids don稚 wake up first a lie in till 7am .

I'm generally up about 7.45-8am and like to be in bed for 10pm.

Woodpigeons raucous fanfare and/or wanting a pee means I'm up around 6am. Usually tucked up by 11pm if not before.

Bed by 10ish except Thursdays when I'm out for a beer. Up at 6,15am to make breakfast... Liz is still at school...office manageress.😶

Usual weekday routine is up by 630 and bed by 11 ish

Weekends me and the wife usually take turns to have a lie in while the other takes care of our child.

Mark

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Up at 6am, bed by 11:30pm

Up at 7.30 weekdays, off to bed around midnight ish and sometimes an hours nap in the afternoons.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect View Post
    I知 up and getting stuck into the day between 5:30 and 6:00 too and hit the sack around 10:30pm most days, unless I知 doing something that is worth staying awake for. Having started a new relationship recently, I知 still going strong in the early hours a couple of times a week. Weekends might see me enjoying a lie-in until 7ish but if the sun is shining, or there are things to be done, I値l be up and at it as soon as I知 awake.
    That's new relationships for you.

My schedule varies a lot. I can be up at 0530hrs for a run or sleep in depending on how much work I had on the previous evening.

It isn't unknown for me to do a full day's work and then work through the night. But I try to avoid it.

Typically up at 6:30am to make a cup of tea, then listen to the radio and read, until getting out of bed at 8:00am. In bed with the lights out by 11:00pm.

Far less tiring than previous work routine of up and in the shower by 5:15am, then in bed before 10:30pm.
    Last edited by gbn13; 29th May 2018 at 12:27.

I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen.

In bed by 9:30 in the week and up at 6:30. I Have a very physical job so need the down time

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I need proper sleep; I'm up at 5:40 everyday. I like to go to bed at 9pm, read for a bit and then hopefully be asleep by 9:30.

I treat 8 hours as a minimum and get quite irritable when tired.

This weekend I had food poisoning, which meant virtually no sleep from 5:40 on Friday morning until about 8pm on Saturday night followed by about 14 hours in one go. I had a killer headache after that

Master
    6:30am weekdays, 7am or later weekends (if I get the chance!), bed normally 11-11:30pm, again, 8hrs is ideal, anything less than 7 and I get grumpy!

In bed around 10:30, 20-30 mins of browsing tz :D, then sleep. Up at 6:50 on weekdays, somewhere between 7:00 and 11:00 on weekends.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen.
    Glad someone chipped in with that!

Up around 7-30
    I prefer going to bed around midnight

Bed around 2330-0000 up anywhere between 0630-0730. Whats annoying is regardless of what I've been doing I never seem to lie in. If I've been on the toot or having a hike it's always the same sort of time asleep. Also I find once I'm stirring there is no way I'll get back to sleep as the brain kicks in and I start thinking about stuff but mainly it's just noise going on in my head

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

How long is your day?

Well that痴 Park life for you!

I知 usually up at six and in bed at around eleven.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 29th May 2018 at 10:26. Reason: Wrong song! Doh

You should cut down on your pork life mate, get some exercise - Park Life!

Nice one Papa Hotel

Master
    Up with the birds, well, 5:30-6, so I can get a few hours on the wood pigeons before work, then bed around 10. Unfortunately the missus is the kind who'd happily stay up till 4am and get out of bed at 1pm.

Craftsman
    I'm a terrible sleeper, always have been. I usually go to bed between 1 and 2am and my alarm wakes me at 6.30.

Dumping the Parklife reference, a mixture of shifts and other commitments means I get up anywhere between 6am and midday-ish and go to bed anywhere between 10pm and 3am, usually any combination of that in any given week. eurgh.

6:30 to 7:00 am for me, in bed by around 12.00 ish.

18 hours.

Master
    I envy most of you here. While I go to bed somewhere between 2200 and 0000, most likely I will still be awake at 0300 (chronic pain). Luckily I can lie in as most of my shifts start later in the morning, although the cats will have me up early for their breakfast. Sometimes I have to be at work for 0730, thankfully not often.

When I was younger, I could bounce between early, late and night shifts without issue.

Dave
    Last edited by dforgrieve; 29th May 2018 at 10:43.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Up at 7ish in the morning and in bed around 11ish except weekends when it's around midnight. I used to be terrible in my 20's and early 30's and was regularly up until 1-2am and still up for work at 7, my wife is not a night person and gave me plenty of incentives to change my routine!!
    The last 9 years I've worked away 3-4 days a week so pointless staying up late and in bed by 11pm has become my norm.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Up at 7 and bed around midnight.

Erratic.
    I have my own business at home, weekdays usually up at around 8-8.30, bed 11.30-midnight.

Except on a Friday and saturday when i help run a private members club in Soho at night. .. which means up at 8.30am on a friday doing my own business, then up into town at around 7pm and not back to sleep again until 4am-6am saturday.
    Up at 11am saturday and back to bed 6am sunday ...
    You get used to it, it's not like work, it's very enjoyable and you get to meet some weird and wonderful people and celebs galore..... all their tawdry secrets are safe with me :D

Master
    Set my alarm for between 6 and 6.30 in the morning depending what I need to do as far as prep for work and the kids school stuff.
    Invariably sleep right through said alarm and get up around 7 in a panic.
    Silently pledge to go to bed early and be super organised the next morning.

Go to bed about midnight are arse about on my phone for about an hour.

Rinse and repeat.

I do envy the organised lot but it's just not for me.

I'm a shift worker so my hours are all over the shop.

If I'm on days I aim to be asleep by 10.30pm (rarely happens though!) with an alarm call at 4.25am, if I'm on nights then I'll be asleep by 8am and up at 2.30pm - I typically get more sleep on nights than I do days. On a work day I'm out the house for around 14h30min so it's a long old stretch, and on my days off I try to adjust between one set of shifts and the next.

It won't be long before I chuck shift work in, as much as I love having week days off part of me yearns for a Monday-Friday 9 to 5, something that I've never done in my entire career.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dforgrieve View Post
    I envy most of you here. While I go to bed somewhere between 2200 and 0000, most likely I will still be awake at 0300 (chronic pain). Luckily I can lie in as most of my shifts start later in the morning, although the cats will have me up early for their breakfast. Sometimes I have to be at work for 0730, thankfully not often.

When I was younger, I could bounce between early, late and night shifts without issue.

Dave
    I sympathise. Pain that stops sleep is a real pain and you get more tired making it less easy to cope with....

Mine can be all over the shop too as work dictates the time to get up and the length of the day. I'll usually be out by 6 am , if only to beat the morning rush hour getting to wherever the job takes me. Normally back home early afternoon and back in the pit by 11 ish
    I pity the guys on shifts. There was one last week in Edinburgh who worked nights during the week and days at the weekends . Kept telling me how much money he had but no time to spend it. He looked a lot older than he said too.

We池e up at 05:15 on weekdays to get the girls ready for the school bus which leaves at 06:00. This gives us an hour or two to ourselves before I head into work. My wife is usually in bed by 21:00, I値l often watch a movie and turn in around 23:00.

At weekends we have a nice lie in and get up around 07:30

Awake every day at 7:30 though with the light now seeping in that is creeping back towards 7:00. Asleep anywhere between 11:30-1:00am. I just cannot put my head on a pillow and go to sleep in an instant like some people. Usually takes 45 mins of lying there to get properly tired. I have been underslept for most of the last 4 years.

i can sleep anywhere and any how and quickly too - I have kids and cats... they tire you out

alarm is on 7:15 am - though seem to be waking earlier with the light/birds singing
    bed by 11pm 1130pm most weekdays - try to make it earlier but its impossible too many things to do after the kids go to bed

last night went to bed at 130am - today am falling asleep at my desk

Blog Entries
    Up at 7 weekdays and stay up to 11 or 12 since retiring.
    8 at weekends still though.

Makes a change from 5.30 which we used to do!!

Master
    up at 6.45, bring my daughter to montessori for 7.45, in the office for 8.30, home by 7/8 and in bed by 10

Craftsman
    Up at 5:45, usually down by 10:30. Disrupted sleep due to baby.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If I'm working from home, up at 7ish (subject to intervention of toddler) and bed at around 12-1am. If I am working on site, up at around 5:30, or earlier depending where I'm going, leave just after and barring some breaks and drive to a hotel will work through to about 22:00, pass out, rinse and repeat. This is my choice as it minimises workload when I am at home.

Depends whether I'm working or not - if so, the alarm goes off at 5.30, if not then I wake up when I wake up. Which is usually when the dawn chorus reaches its crescendo, so in the summer usually around 5.30!

I'm from country stock, so usually go to bed early, around 10.30.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    Awake at 5.30 daily regardless of work week or weekend, and cannot switch back off. Depending on which client I知 seeing will either leave at 6am or if travelling into London a more leisurely 6.45 to catch the fast train.

Prefer to be in bed by 10pm unless it痴 Friday or Saturday as need at least 7hrs to maintain my sanity. When I need to dial up the work I prefer even earlier to bed and do the early mornings vs a late night as my brain struggles for clarity at the end of a day / start of the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I go to bed depending on what time I'm getting up.

I aim for 7 - 7.5 hours of sleep which means I head for bed about 10.30.

It's a rare day that my alarm goes off, I just seem to wake at the right time and know whether to sleep a bit more or get up.