closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Request for help - special needs children trip needs funds

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    This thread is such depressing reading.

In order to prove this is bona-fide there is a simple solution:

OP post the receipt for the tickets to Warhorse you already bought.
    Yeah, well, we've been requesting evidence and he hasn't provided any. Hopefully he will soon and it will all be cleared up.
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Well, I donated £50 out of the goodness of my heart before this thread really got going, so if this is not happening I want my money back!

War Horse is playing at the Lowry from 13th June to 30th June...
    Last edited by FazerBoy; 11th June 2018 at 10:38.

Well, the OP has been repeatedly on the forum since this debate started and has chosen to ignore all calls for proof of donation.

This doesn't reflect very well on him, does it?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Well, the OP has been repeatedly on the forum since this debate started and has chosen to ignore all calls for proof of donation.

This doesn't reflect very well on him, does it?
    Wouldn't you just know it, a load of pitchforks to sharpen and Oldoaknives is on holiday
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post

^ There is no shortage of money in the system to support SEN pupils, so is there really a need for fundraising for an educational visit?
    That is completely untrue. In fact the recent payrise awarded to learning assistants disproportionally impacts special schools due to the number of support staff required, and high adult to child ratios. The problem is that the government has not funded the rise and that schools are expected to fund it out of their existing (stretched) budgets

Seems the 'fund' is still stuck at £302 and has been for some time now. Is John going to make up the difference himself? Or just hand over to the school what has already been collected.

We still haven't been told what school it is yet. Wonder if we'll ever find out?
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Well I’m keeping an eye on this now, if the OP has a problem his end producing evidence I would like my donation to be added to the official fundraiser immediately..

I can assure you it’s all being sorted

The school is Argent College they are based in the jewellery quarter and are part of a group of SEN establishments that come under the umbrella of Ruskin Mill Trust

The bank details have been added to the just giving page as follows

Sort 30-98-29 account 49343568
    A NatWest account where the funds are being drawn down too

The school will send TZ a Thankyou and evidence etc

Now if anybody wants to doubt things any further I suggest that you visit - it’s in the Jewellery Quarter in Brum
    I’ll meet you there if you wish and get you a tour of the set up etc - you can then go away and spend thousands of pounds on watches etc about two hundred metres away - yet knowing this is legitimate and good

For those who haven’t doubted and kept the faith - Thankyou and I will update more as and when things move forward

Trolls - go back to the loch sit next to - you disgust me

Using the just giving page means a small commission is taken - this a reduction (tiny) of what’s been donated

I’ve never set one up before as everything I do is taken on trust in the world of fundraising and volunteering

I’ve heard nothing from the NSPCC link where I’ve offered to try and help - read the whole thread

I still drive my own bmw M3 every day and visit clients in it too

How do I sleep at night? Soundly

I can to a degree understand sceptics in this vile world of fraud
    But I’m not one of them - this is charitable collection to try and do good

Thanks again - I hope I can donate to a worthy cause myself on here

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post

The school is Argent College they are based in the jewellery quarter and are part of a group of SEN establishments that come under the umbrella of Ruskin Mill Trust

Now if anybody wants to doubt things any further I suggest that you visit - it’s in the Jewellery Quarter in Brum
    I’ll meet you there if you wish and get you a tour of the set up etc - you can then go away and spend thousands of pounds on watches etc about two hundred metres away - yet knowing this is legitimate and good

For those who haven’t doubted and kept the faith - Thankyou and I will update more as and when things move forward

Using the just giving page means a small commission is taken - this a reduction (tiny) of what’s been donated

I’ve never set one up before as everything I do is taken on trust in the world of fundraising and volunteering

I’ve heard nothing from the NSPCC link where I’ve offered to try and help - read the whole thread

Is the recipient school one of your clients?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I’ll meet you there if you wish and get you a tour of the set up etc
    As sales manager for an education recruitment agency how are you in a position to arrange tours of the school for strangers via the Internet? Is OFSTED aware of this level of access you appear to have, and seem able to procure for others?
    Last edited by vortgern; 11th June 2018 at 18:34.

Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    As sales manager for an education recruitment agency how are you in a position to arrange tours of the school for strangers via the Internet? Is OFSTED aware of this level of access you appear to have, and seem able to procure for others?
    Cash for access.

Master
    Blog Entries
    With regards to the NSPCC point. John did email me and ask to be put in touch with my sister for volunteering. We are both currently up against it with our father's health problems so I haven't given her the details yet but I will as soon as he's sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Is the recipient school one of your clients?
    Conflict of interest.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

(...) I will update more as and when things move forward (...)
    Looking forward, the info provided so far does absulutely nothing to alleviate concerns.

Wow...
    either i'm very naive or there are some mean so and so's on here.
    Cash for access?
    Perhaps it's a joke (reasonably funny if so).
    Anyway..i hope the event goes well.

Looking forward, the info provided so far does absulutely nothing to alleviate concerns.
    I couldnt care less what you think tbh

The monies have been forwarded to the college (requested it to be sent via the just giving page)

The evidence will be cleared upon receipt

The pupils are also making a Thankyou card

You (those who donated) were described at the College this morning as legends - they are flabbergasted by the kindness shown

I have no reason to say anymore until it’s now all done

I will update the thread accordingly - but spend less time on here if late due to vulgar individuals who do nothing to boost happiness of others.... just their own (of course)

I have never seen such overly defensive passive agression since jung wing ha defended his world table tennis title in 1987

I will update the thread accordingly - but spend less time on here if late due to vulgar individuals who do nothing to boost happiness of others.... just their own (of course)
    Says Mr Ulterior Motive

How many of the numerous totally above board fundraising efforts by others on here have you supported?
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Says Mr Ulterior Motive

How many of the numerous totally above board fundraising efforts by others on here have you supported?
    To be fair to him on this, he was the first person here to chip in when I raffled a watch for charity a couple of years back.

John, you've shown yourself to be a good guy in the past but you've also shown yourself to play fast and loose with the "right" thing to do. C'mon man, you're doing yourself no favours by sticking a middle finger up to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    To be fair to him on this, he was the first person here to chip in when I raffled a watch for charity a couple of years back.
    Thanks, his wasn't a moniker that I could recall appearing in any fundraising threads and his behaviour gives me the impression of not doing things unless there's something in it for himself. I'm a bit narked at him at the moment for sweeping up TFBs Macbook, leaving it sitting on a shelf for four months, and then offering it for a fiver more with 'bargain to say the least'. I know someone who would have loved that and made good use of it.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Any update on this?

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Any update on this?
    Doesn't look like it. Half term was over two weeks ago.

Master

Interesting that you say that say that it's "under the umbrella of Ruskin Mill Trust"

Ruskin Mill Trust is based on the work of Rudolf Steiner and my brother worked there for many years teaching people with learning disabilities. By definition neither Ruskin Mill nor Steiner ethics would approve of showing off flash cars or free unadulterated tours. Just Google Steiner and Ruskin Mill.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    Interesting that you say that say that it's "under the umbrella of Ruskin Mill Trust"

Ruskin Mill Trust is based on the work of Rudolf Steiner and my brother worked there for many years teaching people with learning disabilities. By definition neither Ruskin Mill nor Steiner ethics would approve of showing off flash cars or free unadulterated tours. Just Google Steiner and Ruskin Mill.
    There’s a Steiner school near Exeter that someone I know sent their son to and highly rated it (don’t know anything about it personally).

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Any update on this?
    Just for the peace of mind of many members and to settle any doubts it really would be good to get an update on this.
    OP?

I was going to donate to this before the doubt was implied.
    That donation offer has not yet been honoured due to this thread.

I hope that I have withheld that donation for good reason, rather than based on nothing but unfounded speculation.

Whatever the outcome its going to be somewhat shameful for some.

Ball is firmly in OP's court. Still waiting....

Could be busy impressing the kids in his emm-free?

Joking aside, for the sake of the kids and charity here's hoping that everything is hunky-dorey and above board :)

I’ve not posted on this thread for a while and I’m reluctant to do so now, but I’m one of the “mugs” (as someone called us in the Bear Pit) that stuck £100 into this so I feel that I’m within my rights to ask for proof that the money went to the school.

I’m sorry I’ve felt it necessary to ask, I genuinely thought (hoped?) the evidence would have been posted by now, but it hasn’t been and as a donator I’d like to see it please.

Thank you.
    Last edited by spuds; 20th June 2018 at 20:51.

Craftsman
    Might have been better all round if the OP had just given his story and posted a link to the schools JustGiving page (has anyone seen it?) I thought of donating too until I saw some of the posts in this thread. OP's not posted for nearly a week now. Perhaps he's on holiday......
    Last edited by Motman; 20th June 2018 at 21:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    I thought of donating too until I saw some of the posts in this thread. OP's not been on for nearly a week. Perhaps he's on holiday......
    He has visited the forum today.

I thought of donating too until I saw some of the posts in this thread. OP's not been on for nearly a week. Perhaps he's on holiday......
    He works as a salesman to schools, suppose he would take his holidays during school holidays??
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    He has visited the forum today.
    He must have forgotten to check this thread.

I hate to say this but wherever I was in the world, if someone had accused me of stealing on here...
    And especially in the name of disadvantaged children.....

I’d find a way to post proof of my innocence.

And I would have done it long ago too.

Just my thoughts and as I said before I’m loathe to post them.

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    I’ve not posted on this thread for a while and I’m reluctant to do so now, but I’m one of the “mugs” (as someone called us in the Bear Pit) that stuck £100 into this so I feel that I’m within my rights to ask for proof that the money went to the school.

I’m sorry I’ve felt it necessary to ask, I genuinely thought (hoped?) the evidence would have been posted by now, but it hasn’t been and as a donator I’d like to see it please.

Thank you.
    That any donor should have to make such a post is a complete disgrace.

Regardless of the eventual outcome, this does not reflect well for Sweepinghand.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    That any donor should have to make such a post is a complete disgrace.

Regardless of the eventual outcome, this does not reflect well for Sweepinghand.
    Simply unbelievable how some people don't care the smallest bit if everybody else thinks they are a mug...

Doesn't the OP have previous form?

Simply unbelievable how some people don't care the smallest bit if everybody else thinks they are a mug...
    Sorry mate I know you quoted Ally but that’s exactly my point.

I do care if I’ve been taken for a mug.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Plenty as both Sweepinghand and Johncoote69.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Plenty as both Sweepinghand and Johncoote69.
    Both on 'ze list'.

Charitable activity should be squeaky clean throughout with no reason at any point to question the integrity of the organiser. Simple as. Even if this is all above board, and I hope that it is, that ship has sailed.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Charitable activity should be squeaky clean throughout with no reason at any point to question the integrity of the organiser. Simple as. Even if this is all above board, and I hope that it is, that ship has sailed.
    Agreed, the forum has a fine record of fund raising, though the OP's record is far from exemplary.

Agreed. In this day and age there’s absolutely no need for the organiser to handle the money. Your recent fundraising efforts clearly show how these things can be handled with total integrity and openness.

Indeed, and somebody who has a commercial relationship with an institution should fundamentally recognise that any fundraising activity has the potential to be seen as inviting preferential treatment in that arrangement and therefore is a conflict of interest.

Integrity you say?

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post

Thank you.
    Believe me, I'd rather be proven wrong but as it stands right now this guy has taken people for mugs and it's a disgraceful reflection on him that you even felt you had to make that post. 100 quid handed over in good faith by you alone and he doesn't have the respect for you or the pride in himself to show that the money has gone to a good cause.

Probably been taking people for mugs for years. Did the kids ever get their Xmas presents?

Can’t understand why he was given second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Indeed, and somebody who has a commercial relationship with an institution should fundamentally recognise that any fundraising activity has the potential to be seen as inviting preferential treatment in that arrangement and therefore is a conflict of interest.

Integrity you say?
    I was thinking if this school is his client, shouldn't his business pay for the trip outright as a thank you? Why do the general public need to fund a few hundred when he presumably makes thousands from them?

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    I was thinking if this school is his client, shouldn't his business pay for the trip outright as a thank you? Why do the general public need to fund a few hundred when he presumably makes thousands from them?
    Cheeky

Sent from my D5503 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I've only got two people on my blocked list, and he's one of them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Probably been taking people for mugs for years. Did the kids ever get their Xmas presents?

Can’t understand why he was given second chance.
    I find it utterly incomprehensible that decent, generous members are being openly treated like this. Truly shameful OP. Please 1) sort this farce out properly and 2) disappear from TZ-UK for good for everyone’s sake

23rd may

Sorry again if things don’t sit right
    The accountability will be clear and shown
    Many thanks for your support

The “evidence” will show through by confirmation of the school and the pictures on the day

I’m here to try and give these young people a great new experience
    Nothing more
    Nothing less

- I look forward to posting the pics from the day and a formal Thankyou from the school too