closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hastings

Hastings

It was my 58th birthday on May 4th, so we decided to pop down to the coast for what turned out to be a glorious weekend. We went to Hastings, in fact - I hadn't been there for about 40 years and it was absolutely lovely. Anyway, I managed to get a few photos before we headed back, so I thought I'd post some of them here. Hope you like them

Craftsman
    Thanks for posting these, I haven't been there for ages and have a friend who lives there and is overdue a visit. lovely walks along the cliffs too and some splendid pubs in there Old Town. Great photos too. Cheers, John B4

Master
    That looks nice. I've never heard much good about Hastings and I've never been. My grandad, who died when I was 2, was from there

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Cracking photos Tony, I especially like how you managed to take a selfie whilst playing with yourself!

Hastings has a bad press but they’ve really worked hard over the last few years to rejuvenate the town. There’s some nice places to eat in the old town; don’t go often enough even though we’re only a few miles along the coast!

Blog Entries
    Super Tony the great British holiday resort really has some gems i live near both Clacton and Frinton both so different yet so connected

BTW got to love those white socks you fashion victim you.

Master
    Great photos, thanks for posting.

My brother lives near Morecambe, which looks a lot more rundown.

I recall my childhood holidays to Scarborough and Blackpool. Always half board at a B&B, my gran would come to keep an eye on us while my parents got some (probably much needed) quiet time.

Dave

As someone who grew up down the road in Bexhill and Cooden, these bring back a few memories. Although I'm pretty sure it was a lot muckier back then.

Master
    Lovely photos and take me back to my childhood. Was back there in February and took a these from just up the coast. Eastbourne and beachy head.

Cheers, guys - much appreciated

I like the picture that you are playing with yourself

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely pictures Tony - they really do justice to the weather and the setting.

ATB

Jon

Hastings

The wife and I took a drive out to Birling Gap on Sunday evening. I took these (very poor) pics.

As with anything though; when it’s on your doorstep, you tend not to appreciate it.

Lovely pictures Tony. Must visit one day.

Thanks again, chaps!

Great pics Tony. Especially liking the beach huts as we hired one for a week once in Hastings when our daughter was first born. From memory, the sun shone every day that week, it was great fun.

As a child growing up in Kent, we spent many happy days down in Hastings. My parents loved it so much that they planned to retire there. Sadly my father passed away long before retirement, but my Mum stuck to her wish and moved there in 1993. She’s 80 this year and still loves living there, albeit on the outskirts towards bexhill now.

We visit her fairly often but rarely get down into the town and it’s great to see that they are investing some money in it after years of neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    Great pics Tony. Especially liking the beach huts as we hired one for a week once in Hastings when our daughter was first born. From memory, the sun shone every day that week, it was great fun.

As a child growing up in Kent, we spent many happy days down in Hastings. My parents loved it so much that they planned to retire there. Sadly my father passed away long before retirement, but my Mum stuck to her wish and moved there in 1993. She’s 80 this year and still loves living there, albeit on the outskirts towards bexhill now.

We visit her fairly often but rarely get down into the town and it’s great to see that they are investing some money in it after years of neglect.
    Thanks Russell. It must be lovely to live there at your Mum's age - it was hard to form a view about the "normal" demographic as it was a bank holiday weekend, but I suspect it might be a little higher than the average. They've certainly spent some money there, though - the pier is very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Thanks Russell. It must be lovely to live there at your Mum's age - it was hard to form a view about the "normal" demographic as it was a bank holiday weekend, but I suspect it might be a little higher than the average. They've certainly spent some money there, though - the pier is very impressive.
    She loves the sense of openness that living on the coast provides. We will definitely take a trip down to the seafront next time we visit.

Craftsman
    Nice pictures. My parents lived in Icklesham between Hastings and Rye. Had many a good day down there with our kids.
    Last edited by Motman; 19th May 2018 at 12:01.

Delightful images as ever, Tony. What a beautiful day. The pier looks splendid.

Thanks guys ^^^

Great photos Tony.

As is/was the case for others who have commented, I used to visit family in Sussex firstly when my Mum lived in Iden and latterly after she moved to Hastings. Even then, she moved to Hastings before much of the rejuvenation of the town centre had started, it was a lovely place to visit, the old town in particular.

I used to take the coast road from Kent in my MG Midget, through Dymchurch and Rye. Happy days!! I still have the car. (I still have my Mum too!! although she s moved away from Hastings now.)

Your photos show the town in a very positive way which is a joy to see rather than the negative comments frequently associated with the town in the past.

Thank you.

Gary

Thank you, Gary. We really did think it was a nice little town, and will definitely go back there (probably regularly, if not frequently). I think it’s a good example of regeneration done the right way.