closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thought I had my grail

Thought I had my grail

I've been looking for a stainless steel Chopard Chrono One for roughly 10 years, after stupidly trying one on in Selfridges Wonder Room. I am a skinflint, so this is not a good combination. But one turned up on chrono24 at a reasonable price so I sent away for it. Turned up yesterday, the outer box was pretty badly beaten up, and the Certificate of Origin was missing. Sending it back. Pity, the watch itself wasn't bad at all, just a small ding on the bezel worth mentioning. Definitely reinforced my opinion that I should get one at some stage. The wait continues!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    I've been looking for a stainless steel Chopard Chrono One for roughly 10 years, after stupidly trying one on in Selfridges Wonder Room. I am a skinflint, so this is not a good combination. But one turned up on chrono24 at a reasonable price so I sent away for it. Turned up yesterday, the outer box was pretty badly beaten up, and the Certificate of Origin was missing. Sending it back. Pity, the watch itself wasn't bad at all, just a small ding on the bezel worth mentioning. Definitely reinforced my opinion that I should get one at some stage. The wait continues!
    So close, yet so far. Keep looking, the right watch will come up at some point. Anyway, I find the hunt just as much fun as owning the watch sometimes.

Craftsman
    The hunt is fun as long as it doesn't drag on for too long. I know that after ten years, I'd be prepared to live with a crumpled box and a ding - I'd be devastated if a further ten years on, I'd have to realise that a better watch simply hasn't come my way and that I could have been wearing that one for ten years already ...

Damn sure I wouldn’t send it back after 10 yr wait for a battered box. You could have maybe got an even better deal ?

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Damn sure I wouldn’t send it back after 10 yr wait for a battered box. You could have maybe got an even better deal ?
    Some marriages are like that
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I am assuming the lack or origin certificate was a bigger issue? Though surely if price keenly it would be worth the lack of certificate?

I agree - its an outstanding watch, one on my watch list for some point too!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lasz View Post
    The hunt is fun as long as it doesn't drag on for too long. I know that after ten years, I'd be prepared to live with a crumpled box and a ding - I'd be devastated if a further ten years on, I'd have to realise that a better watch simply hasn't come my way and that I could have been wearing that one for ten years already ...
    Have to agree, I have a loft full of boxes, never worn a box, dings build character.
    Could have been a major mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Have to agree, I have a loft full of boxes, never worn a box, dings build character.
    Could have been a major mistake.
    I agree too, I bought a SD 16600 from a esteemed member here last year and its watch only, not a sausage else, I will try to get a Rolex box for it sometime ( anyone? Anyone? )
    but not having anything with it didn't bother me in the slightest.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Some marriages are like that
    Ha ha! Hope you're well.

I think the only way to guarantee an immaculate 'as new' complete set is to buy new. Second hand and used means exactly that.

Master

Would it not suffice to lever a significant partial refund for the ding and the missing certificate?

Dave

Grand Master
    For me, it’s all about the watch itself, if a watch is several years old I don’t care about the condition of the box, I don’t really care whether it’s present or not, it’s 100% about the watch itself. The only reason I'd pay a premium for the box / papers etc is simply because people place a value on them, I get no intrinsic satisfaction from having them with a watch.

Paul

I don’t know about anybody here, but if you’re willing to wait, let’s say 3 years to get the watch you really want, aren’t you very luckily to want it in the best possible conditions? After all a grail is grail, because it has EVERYTHING you want, alas after 10 years you probably better off letting go off B&P and everything ELSE

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Master
    More or less than this one – https://www.chrono24.co.uk/chopard/l...-id6949439.htm