closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RR SUV? Here comes... Maybach.

Blog Entries

RR SUV? Here comes... Maybach.

Mercedes will not relaunch the brand, but will use it's name for top-end cars. Maybach/Mercedes wants to be added to the list of Bentley, Rolls and perhaps the most expensive Range Rover.

Be careful when watching. For now, a show car. The styling is not for the faint-hearted.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Mercedes will not relaunch the brand, but will use it's name for top-end cars. Maybach/Mercedes wants to be added to the list of Bentley, Rolls and perhaps the most expensive Range Rover.

Be careful when watching. For now, a show car. The styling is not for the faint-hearted.
    They already sell a number of Maybach branded models - this will just be the first SUV. if you look at Carscoops etc you can see the actual styling which is a classic two-box SUV based on the GL-class. It certainly won't be this show car. It will have much of the S-class Maybach tech and interior with unique styling elements outside but will be an extensive trim-level upgrade with some advanced early-use tech (active suspension has been talked about).

I sort of, sort of mind, like it. I like the turbine fan wheels and the twin rear windows which are so retro, man. Hate, loathe, the grill.

Very brash and American looking. Can't think what it's target audience may be... ;-)

I quite like it. One would assume the teapot is being heated while the milk is being kept cool... what no umbrellas?

Craftsman
    The interior looks absolutely horrendous....

That has more than a passing resemblance to the horror that was the Austin Allegro Vanden Plas.

Exhibit A

He he, much better than RR thingy, looking at the interior though, I can tell you straight ahem, I'm not their target demographic either. Byatches!
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

The music on the video turned me straight off it !

I prefer the RR as at least it had a hatchback, but nice to see the split rear screen. Reminded me of a Split rear Screen corvette.

Alas if I needed such a Vehicle I would go for a Merc AMG G wagon, or Porsche Cayenne (S Turbo) plus something sporty.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

'Ultimate Luxury' ??
    Bwahahahahaaaaa!!!!
    Bag of arse.
    Designed for those lacking style and taste.
    Will sell well in the Middle East and Asia

I actually really like it - bold, different, and bonkers. Nothing much like it ad some great detailing.

Of course, the market is the Middle East, not Britain, and I can see it fitting in perfectly in Dubai.
    So clever my foot fell off.

I’m not so keen on the inside but I think it looks good from the outside but perhaps without “ultimate luxury” written everywhere.

Craftsman
    As this has sparked some interest, it's probably worth adding these 'scoop' pictures of the car testing which clearly show that it's neither the size or design of the concept. It's clearly going to be a behemoth but it's entirely conventional with a tailgate and a grille and light design carried over from the existing S-Class Maybach saloon. The concept has obviously worked to spark debate though I guess.

I'm sure the designer was a fan of chuggington...

Master
    Looks like it can't decide what direction it's heading in...….

Blog Entries
    ... after some searching because I was not sure I'd bet on the right horse (video), I found this:

Last edited by thieuster; 18th May 2018 at 13:00.

... after some searching because I was not sure I'd bet on the right horse (video), I found this:

And the front from Bob the Builder....

Craftsman

It's a rendering by someone who hasn't seen it I'd guess. The grille will probably be that shape but in the spy shots the lights are much larger and the grille is in better proportion.

Journeyman
    A six-minute video of a horrendous looking car that looks like it was designed by a six-year old. I got bored after about 30 seconds. I'm sure it will be popular in the gulf states.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Popey View Post
    A six-minute video of a horrendous looking car that looks like it was designed by a six-year old. I got bored after about 30 seconds. I'm sure it will be popular in the gulf states.
    My thoughts exactly