Hi all

We recently had a new conservatory roof installed, approximately 2 months ago. It was a complete refit, the whole existing roof and frame off, a new timber frame cut and fitted on site, triple insulated etc... building regs, no longer a conservatory but a completely usable extension... happy days.

We were advised to wait 2 weeks to ensure all the plaster was dry and then we would be good to decorate.

We used a watered paint mix for the first coat and followed all the rules as advised. I have to say that up until this point I couldn’t have been happier, we fitted the new blinds and sat back and relaxed.

There are now three good sized cracks to the far end of the roof internally on the new plaster, I have posted pictures below to give an idea of size and location of the cracks.

I am pretty sure this may just be structural movement, expansion, ‘settlement’ as with a new build etc...

I am particularly miffed and concerned as there was no mention that this could happen and wouldn’t have cracked on with the finishing had I known and now have no idea how long I should wait to have it put right if it may suffer from more ‘settlement’

But... my question is this, should I be concerned that it could be anything more sinister than this?

I have the surveyor coming out a week Friday and want to be sure that I cover all bases and ask any pertinent questions

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk