closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sea Fury vid.

Sea Fury vid.

https://youtu.be/-HDQ7Na7xM8

The pilot arrives in a cortina estate! He does a great display over Portland, with running commentary.
    Gets from yeovilton to Portland in about 2 mins!

Master
    Excellent vid ..........

what about the lightning vid in the top right?? another good one !!

Good post

Thanks for the video, I've not seen it before but it was of particular interest to me as I've sat in that very plane

It must have been filmed sometime before 1998 as she was fully restored after that and now wears her original code of 110/Q and markings.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Lucky you! Did you did a get a flight, or was it an air day have a go in it?

Ive been a few times to yeovilton, my mum, ( 86) and my son both love going!

Quote Originally Posted by sestrel View Post
    Lucky you! Did you did a get a flight, or was it an air day have a go in it?

Ive been a few times to yeovilton, my mum, ( 86) and my son both love going!
    Neither. It was a photoshoot for a car calendar and my car was featured alongside the Sea Fury.

I doubt any non-pilot would get a flight in it, they are limited to 50 hours flying time per year and that includes to and from the air-shows, plus the number of pilots who can fly the historical craft is quite limited as irrespective of their logged hours they have to be reassessed every two years.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Nice, I love to see that old stuff.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Thanks for posting; a very enjoyable historical production. Indeed, commentary in a largely bygone although articulate, confident and characterful manner. Attitude at a minimum, and good altitude. Moreover, A gorgeous aircraft.

Cheerio,

AP.

When I were a lad, we would go to the wonderful ‘Navy Days’. You got to clamber over amazing ships, and watch harriers do a display as their ( then) base was right next to the docks at Portland..