closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Land Rover Lightweight valuation help please.

Land Rover Lightweight valuation help please.

Hi All,

Just looking for a little advice. I am going to have to sell my 1983 A registered Lightweight Landrover and Sankey trailer but I am struggling to work out what price to put on it. I have searched online and the prices seem to vary quite a lot from between 4k to 12k.

Mine is not immaculate and has a couple of minor issues :-

- Smokes a little on start up but runs really well.
    - Crunchy gearbox on 1st and 2nd, you need to double declutch
    - Tyres sidewall cracked
    - 2 Tiny rust holes in upper bulkhead
    - One of the two petrol tanks has a slight leak

Apart from the above she has a galvanized chassis and the body is really good and straight and the canvas is perfect. All axles and springs and metalwork below have been painted with hammerite and she is well serviced but has literally only covered a few miles for the last two years to get her MOT'd. She was used by a retired archaeologist for field work after being restored for around five years but always spent winter undercover. Since I have owned her she has lived undercover all the time. The Sankey trailer has some rusting on the front panel but has been stripped and painted as well as under sealed.

Based on the above and the info I can find online I think she is probably worth around 8K or am I being overoptimistic ?

Finally should I change the gearbox (I have a spare), put new tyres on her and fix the petrol tank or just leave it for the new owner ?
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Jeez, that's a tough one!

I have no idea about the trailer and I'd struggle with the Landy however prices for these currently are still keen. The fact it's got a galv chassis is a big bonus to some and not to others. The odd issue isn't really going to make a huge difference to the price.
    I'd value it between 6-8k however 2 people wanting the car and you never know what can happen.
    good luck with the sale.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not a help on value I'm afraid but I do know that America allows the import of '83 and older without the need for extensive modification in regards to safety and emissions standards. For that reason, I believe these fetch a premium over there.

LROI magazine’s showing a Condition 2 (generally straight and okay, no major faults) at £5,700 so with the galvanised chassis and trailer around your mark seems fair value

Thanks for the replies gents, much appreciated, will let you know how I get on ;-)
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.