closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines Conquest VHP 41mm

Longines Conquest VHP 41mm

I did a TZ search and couldn't find a dedicated thread to the Conquest VHP range. I really like the look of these, specifically the black dial (L3.716.4.56.6) and the blue dial both in 41mm. I love the red detail on the dial and seconds hand plus the 'carved' detail on the dial. Anyone had any experience with these? Can't seemed to find case thickness data so am hoping they aren't too thick. Also, any idea of lug to lug height? I generally prefer sub 40mm watches so my concern is that even the 41mm may be too big. Any wrist shots and other pics most welcome :-) Thanks.
    Last edited by beechcustom; 13th May 2018 at 16:43. Reason: spelling

Master

And for visible depth

I fancied the blue dial, until I got a look at this white/silver dial, with red accents. The watch is moderately chunky, and quite thick, I'd estimate about 12mm. But it wears well, with a good bracelet. It doesn't feel large, although it is quite hefty. The real attraction is probably the astonishing precision and perpetual calendar.
    It also has a five-year battery . For me, a serious challenge to Grand Seiko at a third of the cost. The finish doesn't match the astonishing quality of GS, but it's still good, and technically the Longines is probably a generation ahead.
    So, to me, it comes down to whether you like the looks enough. I'd say it's tempting to anyone who wants among the very best in high precision quartz. As always, you need to try one, see how it feels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by paskinner; 13th May 2018 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I searched using the phrase 'Longines VHP' (title only) and neither of those threads were returned. Not sure if it's user error or something else but thanks!

Paskinner- thanks for the reply. The white dial does look good. I think Goldsmiths sell these so will have a look at my local store when I eventually get a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I searched using the phrase 'Longines VHP' (title only) and neither of those threads were returned. Not sure if it's user error or something else but thanks!

Paskinner- thanks for the reply. The white dial does look good. I think Goldsmiths sell these so will have a look at my local store when I eventually get a minute.
    That's certainly the thing to do...and it found them when I just tried it. True, they're mixed in with many other threads that only have Longines in the title.

I knew that they were on the forum as I'd admired the new VHP models when they were posted, so I had a slight advantage.

Journeyman
    I've had one a few weeks, blue dial version. For the price I think its a good watch. I was worried about the size at first having slim wrists but it I can just about get away with it. As mentioned to look at, it doesn't have the finish of a Grand Seiko, but you have to take the price difference into account. On the whole I would recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I think the Gold Cup version is the nicest looking model.
    https://www.longines.com/novelties/t...hp-chronograph

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    I think you meant to say Gold Coast...as in:

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    The L3.726.4.99.6 still has to be ordered for UK delivery (according to the net). It may be that it was only distributed in Australia...at least initially. There's a review and video from Time and Tide (review):

Its colours do something to make it quite attractive, IMO.

Update The net also tell me that Time and Tide are out of stock. Maybe they were popular in Australia...?

Craftsman
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f9/e-o-...l#post46018763

Very disappointing service for a new, flagship model.

Master
    Trouble is, on the net you can find tales like this about every manufacturer. How representative they are is another matter.
    I've found Swatch UK to be helpful and responsive, but again, how representative that is.....who knows.

Craftsman
    What is the bracelet like on these? Does it have micro adjustment or a half link?

I have a conquest GMT and as much as I like the bracelet I ended up putting it on a strap as I couldn't get it to fit well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk