closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thoughts on Tissot T-touch ii watches

Thoughts on Tissot T-touch ii watches

Greetings all

I am looking at possibly getting a Tissot T-touch ii Titanium (the Polished Titanium model T047.420.44.207.00).

The cheapest price I have found is £550 from a rrp of £680.

However, what worries me, are the many bad reviews on poor reliability of t-touch, with failing sensors and failing touch screen. Now this might have been on the earlier versions as they been around quite a while.

I wonder if any TZ members have experiences of Tissot T-touch II?

Cheers john

Master
    I had an early one that worked v well. It had the carbon fibre finish.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've got one. Bought second hand and had it about a year.
    No problems so far, (although the sea level function is woefully inaccurate).

I have an original T-Touch (no backlight), bought new in Geneva in 2008 and still working perfectly. It was my daily watch for five years before this madness really kicked in. It does need calibrating for altitude occasionally, particularly when arriving in a new country. I love the nifty trick the hands do for the compass feature.

My 15 month old still working great.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

That's most encouraging chaps :)
    I guess you are always going to get a few nightmare stories. I just fancied something Casio like, but a lot smarter, lighter and less bulky on the wrist :)

I've had the T and Sea Touches and they were both brilliant. The Sea Touch is a beast and I'd recommend it if you can find one at a good price. I paid £350 for mine on the bracelet in a jewelers closing down sale!

A quick look seems to show the "Sea Touch" as quite a rare beast and maybe discontinued now ??

I haven't had much luck lately, I thought I bought a bargain Touch ii Titanium for £340 from bullensjewellers, only to be rung up several days later to say that there was an error on their website and the item was actually out of stock (It still didn't stop them taking money from my Paypal and credit card though :( ).

And then one came up on ebay, but just as I was in the process of checking the model number someone bought it (it was brand new and selling for £399 or best offer).

With 5% discount, the best online price I can get will be £522.5, still a lot considering what I could have bought it for. I think I'll keep my eye's peeled on the 'bay :)

Journeyman
    Alpina X ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayleaf View Post
    Alpina X ?
    That's something to look at, although it's quite Casio looking :). I did one own a Casio Protek Titanium. Nice watch but bulky and I'm not a great fan of the dull matte look Titanium finish. Plus it has painted plastic parts on the bezel, where the paint rubbed off over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayleaf View Post
    Alpina X ?
    That’s lovely! As a previous owner of two Tissot, that is way cooler in appearance so if it has the required functionality then I’d go for the Alpina.

I've got two TT Experts. One bought new over ten years ago, and the other bought off here a couple of years ago. I've never had a single problem with either of them.
    Changing the battery yourself isn't a problem despite what many say, and recalibrating it is also straightforward.

I'd recommend buying used as when they do come up for sale they are usually a very good deal.

I’ve just sold one on eBay (couple of weeks ago) that I wasn’t wearing anymore furto the size which wasn’t appealing to me anymore.. as far as functionality goes, they’re incredible! And a good companion for an active person (another reason why I wasn’t wearing it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post
    I’ve just sold one on eBay (couple of weeks ago) that I wasn’t wearing anymore furto the size which wasn’t appealing to me anymore.. as far as functionality goes, they’re incredible! And a good companion for an active person (another reason why I wasn’t wearing it)

Is that on a child’s wrist?

Master
    Since Garmin introduced the Fenix 5 which comes in different versions with several different case sizes, I'd personally be more tempted by one of those. Apart from the gimmick of the touch screen it will do pretty much all of the other functions (alti, compass, barometer) better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I'm guessing the size is distorted by how close up it is?

It's by no means a small watch but I think it wears pretty well on my <7 inch wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Lol.. was trying out different lenses, angles and distances.. not a great result I admit! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I'm guessing the size is distorted by how close up it is?

It's by no means a small watch but I think it wears pretty well on my <7 inch wrist.

Indeed, although having owned a couple of vintages 34s and 36s it now wears too big for me.

Well I do wear a Garmin Vivoactive 3 on my right wrist all the time, but it's not exactly very dressy though :)

Apprentice
    Image1537774942.592203.jpg
    I’ve had a T Touch Classic since 2008 during this time it has been faultless. I note that there are many comments with regards the altimeter (which I’d argue is one of its best features!), since this is based on barometric pressure it will need calibrating often. For hillwalking I find the compass is pretty poor, however the altimeter is invaluable, assuming you know which path/trail you are on, using the contours (based on knowing your altitude) allows you to pin point your position accurately.
    I actually use mine as a daily (beater) watch as it can take a lot of abuse, but I do seem to get through a lot of leather straps at approx £45 each!!
    Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by john.rigby; 26th September 2018 at 09:15.