closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bit of Biking Advice Required - First Bike after DAS

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’ve seen loads of GS in the alps,good ground clearance and they handle well,I know it’s a good bike and they can leave me standing [in the right hands].

Thats not the point for me it’s not about speed it’s about connection to the bike,like when I rode a Duke 916 that was just a sublime motorbike that fired up every sense.

Plus if I see another grey sensible BMW textile touring suit I will scream.

Perhaps a good analogy would also be my aversion to Rolex watches.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was in Harley Cheltenham today then over to triumph.

The bobbers getting a lot of fan mail [but you have to be small] I think the new speedmaster could be the star of the show it has potential.

They also had a full on thruxton with all the gold bits, cockpit fairing etc. It was in white I was surprised just how right it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    They also had a full on thruxton with all the gold bits, cockpit fairing etc. It was in white I was surprised just how right it looks.
    You almost had me there....

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    You almost had me there....

Like this but in white

Looks like they forgot the front mudflap... and somewhere to carry something, anything.

A GSA Rider

Master
    The U.K. has been a sports bike nation all it’s life but people have been realising that there’s other things out there, this needing 150bhp is absolutely mad! My first European tour was on a 250 super dream all over Europe camping for 2 months. Now people need to take the kitchen sink, have cornering ABS and change them after it’s rained. Just buy a bike and enjoy it there’s to many out there that like polishing them and creeping them in the garage just in case they might hit a fly or it might rain. I’ve a 250 Kawasaki and an 1150GSA both get thrashed.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I did my DAS at 28 and went straight in to a Kawasaki zx6r. The instructors said I was stupid to do this but the bike only went as fast as my right wrist let it. Also, taking it on a novice track day at Silverstone (lots of concrete run off) within my first year of ownership was the best thing I ever did. It showed me just how capable the bike was and how incapable I was. More track days really advanced my ability. Buy what makes you happy and ease yourself into it.

Like this but in white

They look good in the flesh too but very small!

I’ve seen loads of GS in the alps,good ground clearance and they handle well,I know it’s a good bike and they can leave me standing [in the right hands].

Thats not the point for me it’s not about speed it’s about connection to the bike,like when I rode a Duke 916 that was just a sublime motorbike that fired up every sense.

Plus if I see another grey sensible BMW textile touring suit I will scream.

Perhaps a good analogy would also be my aversion to Rolex watches.
    I'm sure they feel sublime, but a new £23k Ducati V4S was sat at the Gooseneck with the owner upset that his two week old bike had a split in its oil cooler. With oil all over his rear tyre. Luckily he managed to stay on, and luckier still that he spotted it before heading on to the fast section of the mountain, or it could have been very serious.

The BMW's are not without their reliability issues, but I've had no problems so far.

I prefer riding the GS to my Fireblade or CBR600, and even to the R1200S and Africa Twin. It's a do anything bike. I'll have to try something like an S1000XR in anger, rather than the short test rides I've had, as it could be a good all-rounder.

Personally, I hated riding the earlier Ducati 996/998's, and felt the 999 was a huge improvement on the road.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Lovely R9T

I've had over 128 Garmin mph, two up, from the same engine this week, so they can go quite quickly/quickish if you need to.

Enjoy. I'd love to add one at some stage, but I'm rapidly running out of room and need a double garage for the bikes.
    Just sell a few hundred of those Watches of yours Scotty lad and you will have room for another bike

Sent from my SM-A320FL using TZ-UK mobile app

Passed Mod 2 today at the first crack, after passing Mod 1 yesterday (had, ahem, a couple of stabs at that).

Finally got to take the R9T out for a ride out to the Peak District. Here’s a view of the western suburbs of Sheffield and I can make out my house from here :)

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Passed Mod 2 today at the first crack, after passing Mod 1 yesterday (had, ahem, a couple of stabs at that).

Finally got to take the R9T out for a ride out to the Peak District. Here’s a view of the western suburbs of Sheffield and I can make out my house from here :)
    Excellent news! Enjoy!

Great news, ride safe!

There’s some excellent riding in the Peak District, even the Cat & Fiddle can be fun during the week! It’s still a tricky old bugger though!