closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Two many night missions?

Blog Entries

Two many night missions?

Well I now have a brace of Breitling night missions - The Evo on the right - just picked up from the forum, and the ExoSpace on the left I have had since new.

I wonder if two is a crowd? They are of course different in so many ways - but share the same DNA - as is obvious from this photo:

Anyway - appreciate comments as always!

Martyn

Definitely duplication IMHO Martyn, they are expensive pieces so if it was me I would part with one and get something different with the funds like a nice Grand Seiko for example.

They both look great though so difficult decision to know which one to part with.....

Which one are you more likely to pick up and wear on a regular basis?

Does one do something the others in your collection don't do?

Which would be easiest to sell on?

So many questions........I'd stick with the more recently acquired Evo Night Mission.

Both stunning watches. Similar yes, but IMHO if you like both of them keep them.

But unlike the opinion above if one was to move on it would be the one I had NOT owned from new. As new watches are mine and only my memories if you know what I’m trying to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like them both, but for me the chrono pushers slightly spoil it, so would stick with the Evo ..... but if you want to flip the Evo, PM me

I think they are different enough to remain in the collection.
    Whilst both are watches with similar form and function, they are not identical and as such compliment each other.

I absolutely LOVE my Evo Night Mission... good addition, Martyn, and obviously not too many

Blog Entries
    Functional Comparison:

ExoSpace Aerospace
    Caliber Breitling B55 (Manufacture)
    Movement SuperQuartz™, thermocompensated quartz electronic, analog and 12/24 hr LCD digital display, display backlighting, EOL indicator
    Chronograph 1/100th second, max. 99 hrs 59 min. 59 sec., flyback function, electronic tachymeter, chronograph (lap timer, flight times)
    Calendar Digital, perpetual, with weeks indication
    Case Black titanium
    Back With screws
    Battery type/life Rechargeable battery
    Connectivity Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
    Water resistance 100 m (330 ft)
    Bezel Unidirectional, ratcheted
    Crown Non screw-locked, two gaskets, integrated pushpiece
    Crystal Sapphire, glareproofed both sides
    Diameter 46.00 mm
    Strap TwinPro
    Interhorn width 24/20 mm
    Thickness 15.25 mm
    Weight (without strap) 80,00 gr.
    Other functions Countdown timer, 7 daily alarms, CountDown/CountUp Clock, (max. 99 days, 23 hrs 59 min. 59.99 sec.) with independent alarm, UTC worldtime; pairing possiblity (Bluetooth Low Energy) with a smartphone (dedicated Application) for data transfer and «remote» settings
    Thermocompensated SuperQuartz© Calibre 79 movement: Accurate to +/-25 seconds per year
    Analogue time display
    12 or 24 hour digital time display: Only needs adjusting once every four years
    Chronograph: 1/100th second up to 59 minutes and 59.99 seconds then hours, minutes and seconds up to 48 hours
    Countdown timer
    Second time zone
    Alarm
    Minute Repeater (which signals the time in a series of audible beeps)
    End of battery life indicator
    Backlight: Compatible with Night Vision Goggles

Well that's that answered
    Worth having both due to the fact one can't be used with night vision goggles.

I would replace the Aerospace with the Cobra version to avoid so much overlap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Well that's that answered
    Worth having both due to the fact one can't be used with night vision goggles.
    Good spot - though Hoodinkee does mention the B55 ExoSpace backlight is night vision goggle compatible as well

If it was me, Martyn, I'd definitely feel they were too alike and unload one. As has been said earlier, that's a lot of money to have tied up in both, and I'd prefer more variety.

If you like both that much then I quite like the suggestion of changing one of them to a yellow dial variant (I love second generation Cobra Yellow dials on Breitlings).

Again, on a purely personal note, if I was in your shoes I'd be parting with the Aerospace Evo...

Simon

Definitely too many Martyn:-)
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Great watches. What you need is a tasty pvd breitling mesh to fit to one to give it that different look. If only I knew someone who had one.....mmmm, let me know.

From the SC post it seems you have made your decision.

I did think WTF, but then looking at the specs more closely the 46mm of the B55 would not be for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    From the SC post it seems you have made your decision.

I did think WTF, but then looking at the specs more closely the 46mm of the B55 would not be for me.
    Decision made (for now) - don't be deceived by the diameter - the lugs are short so wears well - I have nominal 6 3/4 wrists which are flat and wears just fine.

I love both of them, and got the Aerospace Evo NM last month. The B55 is such a cool watch, but with BT and a proprietary battery, a little over-complex. I would sell one as there is too much overlap, and for simplicity, would keep the Evo. I do love the B55 though

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Do like these.

Would it be wise to keep the one with the pushers? I assume that means the crown does less controlling (which can only be a good thing given reading in the other B thread)

Master
    Both nice but the very comfortable aerospace is the perfect size .

Two many night missions?

Prefer the Aerospace by a long mile. I distrust the B50/55 reliability over the long haul. The Aerospace lacks the bells and whistles of the so called in-house models, but after owning a let down B50 NM, I believe the Aerospace is the better all around do anything and go anywhere watch. Comfortable, perfectly sized, reliable and accurate movement and a basic set of functions that make it perfect for travel.

The B50/B55 too big, too thick, too complex and likely unreliable and expensive to repair.

The B55 will become a paper weight 10 years down the road. Sometimes less is more...