closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Traser SAS Watch?

Traser SAS Watch?

Hi guys!

I'm really new to all this, and was just wondering whether the Traser P49 Special Force 100 (105485) has anything to do with SAS?

I've heard a few rumours it's the exact watch they wear, but I thought here would be a good place to check.

Let me know!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Do you work for watch nation that sells these?

Master
    Blog Entries
    They wouldn't WEAR THAT IMHO!

Master
    I must say I do like that, the bezel design especially.

I normally stay away from watches with overt armed forces connotations because my main use for them is telling the time while at Tesco, in a pub or out on a bike, rather than co-ordinating military operations. But at least it's not obvious.

A friend of mine was in the SAS a few years ago & I asked him if there's any favourite watches between all the lads to which he replied nobody really cares they all just wear what they want.
    He wore a citizen & still does now.

I know that traser has a thing for military style watches but I do agree with Bry that I don't think they would wear this. Technically they shouldn't even be allowed to wear this as it's too flashy/visible.

Maybe the watch is somewhat similar to one that the SAS might have commissioned from Traser and now they're trying to market it as an "SAS watch".

I just found this btw...

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/artic...=brandrepublic

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SiennaB View Post

Let me know!
    http://www.watchnation.com/product/t...al-mens-watch/

Master
    Blog Entries
    The answers no,I expect the OP already knows that.

The only official link Traser has to any military unit is that they purchased the design rights to the Stocker and Yale P650 which was one of the last true issued US military watches. (Which may or may not be where the McNab link came from) Traser are no longer official issue but there may be some unit purchase watches of various designs out there.
    IMO they are fine as a (not so) cheap disposable watch but a Marathon is better quality. The more expensive versions are SAR / JSAR prices and the latter are far in superior quality.

Yep, 100% as worn by Randy McNab.

The chance of SAS members wearing that is about the same as a Firefighter wearing the Sinn Firefighters watch, ie zero.
    F.T.F.A.

Hi guys!

I'm really new to all this, and was just wondering whether the Traser P49 Special Force 100 (105485) has anything to do with SAS?

I've heard a few rumours it's the exact watch they wear, but I thought here would be a good place to check.

Let me know!

By 'all this', do you mean selling watches?

It's personal choice, sometimes watches are provided to gather feedback or get presented after a particular mission/campaign, but the training and intelect needed to gain the sand beret would steer troops away from iwatches with micky mouse hands and loud alarms -generally

Mozza

There must have been something of sponsorship going on because I remember reading Andy McNab books from years ago, and they mentioned Traser and G-Shock Baby G. I only read a few as they get old quickly, so other deals may have been done with other watch companies.

I have owned 3 Traser watches, and knew nothing of tritium before the Andy McNab books, but I liked them because they were robust, but mostly because you could see the time in pitch darkness. The numbers on the bezels wore off quickly though. In the end, it was the way the Traser prices climbed that made me look for a better watch, and I ended up with a Seamaster. No tritium, but a watch in a different league.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    The answers no,I expect the OP already knows that.
    I was genuinely curious and only trying to confirm what I'd been told at work :)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    By 'all this', do you mean selling watches?
    No, I mean the entire watch industry. Just started my first job in it so I'm on here to learn as much as I can!

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Do you work for watch nation that sells these?
    Yes I've recently started there as assistant to the director, which I'm really excited about! Hence why I came on here to try and confirm a rumour that was going around work.

Yes I've recently started there as assistant to the director, which I'm really excited about! Hence why I came on here to try and confirm a rumour that was going around work.
    If you are experience some scepticism, it is because some of us are weary of people posting apparently genuine questions but with a hidden commercial agenda.

If you really want to learn, then welcome to the forum and good luck in your new job and industry. I have learnt a huge amount from the forum and still do every day.

Craftsman
    A friendly observation, as assistant to the director of traser watches I suggest you ask the director as if he doesn't know who he is selling his watches to then no one will,as a director of a small company (only 50 employees) I would know from our weekly sales meetings if the MOD had bought products/services from us

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    A friendly observation, as assistant to the director of traser watches I suggest you ask the director as if he doesn't know who he is selling his watches to then no one will,as a director of a small company (only 50 employees) I would know from our weekly sales meetings if the MOD had bought products/services from us
    Wasn't very clear there sorry! I'm not assistant to the director of Traser watches, but assistant to the director at WatchNation, a watch retailer based in the UK

Wasn't very clear there sorry! I'm not assistant to the director of Traser watches, but assistant to the director at WatchNation, a watch retailer based in the UK
    Have any of your new colleagues asked you to pop to B&Q for some 'tartan paint' or a new 'bubble' for a spirit level?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Have any of your new colleagues asked you to pop to B&Q for some 'tartan paint' or a new 'bubble' for a spirit level?
    We used to send newbies to the rigging store to ask for "a long weight".

It took a long time before the Buffer came out to help them...they had a long wait.

I had the Traser that was dialed Uberwasser
    https://www.watchpatrol.net/listing/441905/ I sold it on here, not a bad watch just a bit to Orange

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    We used to send newbies to the rigging store to ask for "a long weight".
    I actually fell for that one aged 16, although it was a ‘long stand’. Didn’t help that I was the boss’s son doing a summer job and in the machining shop. It got better once they realised I felt the same way about the boss as they did :).

Master
    Blog Entries
    Here’s one for you,just came to my attention I will leave no comment other than it’s in the same vein.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

^Gear up your fire team?

I take it the market is teenagers proficient in Klingon who don't tidy their room?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Don’t ask me I like this bit.

We're creating a watch for soldiers, by soldiers. Who is a soldier you ask? A soldier is a person who stands up straight, takes responsibility and doesn't back down from a fight, whether wearing a uniform or not. The Nordic Battlefield Watch is the rugged timepiece that we, the soldiers, want to wear ourselves. Simple and without fancy details, but with reliability and a classic design. The soldiers watch redefined.

Redefined, In what possible way?

Redefined as the perfect watch to go with those shoes that have a compass in the heel.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Redefined as the perfect watch to go with those shoes that have a compass in the heel.
    I always wanted a pair of those as a kid,every boy in my school did.

Ended up with rubbish DMS

Appealing to the inner fantasist . . .
    F.T.F.A.

Ah! Good old marketing bods, full of it as usual.

The legendary Wayfinders. I still miss my pair and hope that I may be able to pick some up on SC one day. Military minded boys in the ‘60s also appreciated the animal tracks in the sole, to help us identify potential food/threats while on patrol.

As close as it is possible to get to the exact timepiece favoured by the SAS”

If I were the type of person who found that sort of claim interesting and wanted to buy on the basis that I could own such a watch that has such an affiliation, I’d ask you as the retailer “how do you know?”

If your company, or Traser themselves, couldn’t answer that then I wouldn’t trust the brand if I couldn’t trust the claim.

This watch would sell well IMO if it was marketed on the strengths of its spec and was priced (considerably) lower than £500. There’s no need for the false claims.

Master
    I must say I quite like the look of the watch, irrespective of its credentials (or lack thereof) as special forces equipment. And while idly Googling this morning, I came across this nugget, from 2002:

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/artic...-tie-in/162304

(Andy) McNab has signed a two-year sponsorship deal with watchmaker Traser that sees him promote the watches in his thrillers.

McNab's latest novel 'Liberation Day' sees his hero Nick Stone take on Al-Qaeda and contains more than 60 references to Traser watches.

One passage in the book reads: "I dug my right knee into his left thigh. His cologne filled my nostrils and I saw a gold Rolex glint on his wrist. This boy had obviously never seen what a Traser could do for you."

Master
    Sorry - I see someone has already posted that link.

Craftsman
    Not to appear all "what colour is the boat house", but a friend of a friend tells me they are issued breitling these days.

If I owned a microbrand I would lauch the Hereford Boathouse model, with a picture of the boathouse doors engraved on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I must say I quite like the look of the watch, irrespective of its credentials (or lack thereof) as special forces equipment. And while idly Googling this morning, I came across this nugget, from 2002:

(Andy) McNab has signed a two-year sponsorship deal with watchmaker Traser that sees him promote the watches in his thrillers.

McNab's latest novel 'Liberation Day' sees his hero Nick Stone take on Al-Qaeda and contains more than 60 references to Traser watches.

One passage in the book reads: "I dug my right knee into his left thigh. His cologne filled my nostrils and I saw a gold Rolex glint on his wrist. This boy had obviously never seen what a Traser could do for you."
    Blimey that is shocking reading. I don't read any of his stuff after his first couple of efforts but that reads like a 8 year old knocked it out.

Over at MWR there's a thread about CWC watches being delivered the UKSF and then several appearing on ebay.

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...light=hereford

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Blimey that is shocking reading. I don't read any of his stuff after his first couple of efforts but that reads like a 8 year old knocked it out.
    It’s almost as big a fantasy as his Bravo two zero effort.

About fifteen, sixteen years ago, through a friend of mine that was still 'in' at the time I was lucky enough to meet and spend a night out with several Royal Marines, a few sb guys and one regiment member. There was a also another group of five or six guys there who were friendly enough, but didn't seem massively familiar with all the other chaps. The Royal Marines had a pretty even split of trasers and gshocks, the sb guys seemed to be all big on different type dive watches (understandibly), a few citizens and cwc's from what I remember and the last group of five or six guys had a fifty/fifty split of suunto's and pro treks iirc.

Was a cracking night out, and bloody hilarious. I still carry the emotional scars though. 

Seems our young apprentice has learnt enough to be going on with.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    The most likely watch to be worn by any soldier, including SASR, is a G-Shock in the field or (in-barracks) a Garmin Forerunner.

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post

Should have used a Bremont, they are Special!