closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Reward a member who deserves it.

Master

Reward a member who deserves it.

So due to the fact that i have recently had my trust abused and been completely conned on SC by this guy...

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...Magsal-Villain

I have come to the realisation that bad news always catches interest and makes the headlines, whereas all those good deeds that people do for each other rarely get mentioned, or rewarded for that matter.

Its not much, but for those who dont know me, i'm a Woodturner and i'd like to offer one of my new style 18" display pieces to a member as a reward for a kindness they have done to someone else. The piece will be similar to one of these...

As angry and disappointed as i am in my negative experience, i will not let it breed further on any level and sincerely hope this can become "a thing" on the forum. I plan to do something similar every once in a while as an incentive for people to be nicer to each other and hope maybe someone else will see to doing the a similar thread with something they have made or bought or don't use, that may be of benefit to someone who deserves it.

I'll let this run for a few days and then choose the winner that i feel is most deserving, i suppose.

I'm not sure how this is going to work out but, best of luck to all who are put forward.

Eddie,you’re a gent, as well as a very talented woodturner. I love the bowl you made for me and think it is shameful that a forum member has taken advantage of you in this way. And I think this is a great gesture.

Turning a bad experience into a positive!

What a splendid gesture,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Nomination

I would like to nominate Optimum as a contender.
    He sent me the instructions for his Full Lume PRS-20 which had been separated from the watch after selling it on.

I didn't have the actual watch - but I did have another Full Lume without instructions.
    When the original owner did not come forward, I received the instructions in the post. No charge, and no request for postal fees.

I am sure there are many other gestures out there in the "spirit of the forum"

Master

Great gesture and idea OP.

A very good and positive action, noble you might say.

This man is for turning

Just read the other thread, talk about hiding behind a bowl !?!

I would like to nominate Wolfie,as the Fundraiser is about to benefit from his misguided belief that Jamie Steptoe Vardy would somehow score more PL goals in a season than future serial winner Raheem Sterling.
    Whilst there are still two games to go , it’s fairly obvious that Leicester s finest is actually incapable of putting his boots on the correct feet and as the old saying goes , “couldn’t score in a brothel “.

NB . If this prediction comes back to bite me Ben , I’ll double my donation .

I would like to nominate wileeeeeey. I basically asked him if he would go into a London store, buy me a £450 watch and then send it on to me by a RMSD. The shop would not deal Mail order I live about 250 miles from it.

When he got to the shop the watches were being rationed to one per customer as a lot were ending up on e-bay. Having bought one for himself, he got a friend who he was meeting for lunch to go into the shop and buy one for me.

Having secured the Watch, he sent it to me and even suggested that I could pay him when I had the watch.

Without Wiley's help I would never have secured the watch, so for that incredible act of kindness and trust I put his name forward for consideration.

One good turn deserves another

I would like to nominate Wooster for this splendid effort:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...nd-of-a-raffle
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Those pieces are quite striking.

You - have a talent!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I would like to nominate Wooster for this splendid effort:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...nd-of-a-raffle
    Seconded, and for being an all round good egg.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    One good turn deserves another
    Solid 8/10.

Would read again.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    That blue piece is absolutely gorgeous ESN.
    I think the winner will have their generosity very well rewarded, and rightly so :)

Superb gesture, what a great idea.

I'd love to nominate David (Goat) for his generous spirit and kind hearted thoughtful attitude. It really touched me that someone would go out of their way the way he did. You can read about it here;

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-the-best-hero

And my original post re my injury here:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...highlight=Nerf

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I would like to nominate Wolfie,as the Fundraiser is about to benefit from his misguided belief that Jamie Steptoe Vardy would somehow score more PL goals in a season than future serial winner Raheem Sterling.
    Whilst there are still two games to go , it’s fairly obvious that Leicester s finest is actually incapable of putting his boots on the correct feet and as the old saying goes , “couldn’t score in a brothel “.

Oooohhh.... there’s one goal in it... I will nominate you when you hand over the £100!

Craftsman
    Eddie I’m really sorry to hear about this, your workmanship is excellent and you’re a top bloke as well.

Not sure if Seiko path is still around but this deserves a shout.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...t=Raffle+Nepal

I would nominate animalone; Ian really went a long way out of his way to try to get something sorted out for me a few months ago. It was low value in terms of his business, no real incentive for him to have done as much as he did on my behalf, other than from an altruistic forum spirit. It was greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by EchoSevenNine View Post
    Solid 8/10.
    Only 8... I’ll stick to doing my daughters homework for her, the teachers are more appreciative of my genius.

I love your work, btw. Sheer quality and class.
    Last edited by Mr Curta; 9th May 2018 at 13:15. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    I would nominate animalone; Ian really went a long way out of his way to try to get something sorted out for me a few months ago. It was low value in terms of his business, no real incentive for him to have done as much as he did on my behalf, other than from an altruistic forum spirit. It was greatly appreciated.
    Your £20 is in the post

walkerwek1958, fixed a watch for me at a bargain price, top fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
    I would like to nominate Optimum as a contender.
    He sent me the instructions for his Full Lume PRS-20 which had been separated from the watch after selling it on.

I didn't have the actual watch - but I did have another Full Lume without instructions.
    When the original owner did not come forward, I received the instructions in the post. No charge, and no request for postal fees.

I am sure there are many other gestures out there in the "spirit of the forum"
    That's extremely kind of you, Reeny, although I don't feel worthy in the company of some of the guys mentioned here.

A great gesture, Eddie. I was saddened to hear the story on H&V but, clearly, you can't keep a good man down!

I'd like to nominate lots of people (such as Mr Curta, Seikopath, Omegary - for their good vibes, kindness and generosity). As of now though I'll nominate Dave O'Sullivan for the very specific reason of going through a lot of hassle to ship from UK to over here a watch which I didn't even bought from him!!

And yes, I agree, there're lots of 'heroes' over here, it would be a pity to only have our attention caught by the 'villains'. Chapeau to you Eddie for this great idea!

Cheers,
    Christian

Master
    I'd like to Nominate Jon, "b11ocx".

This is not for a single act, but multiple acts of incredible generosity over the years I've known him on & off TZ.

Over the years he's given me multiple freebies, (Arrows F1 torque wrench, old dishwasher, etc...).
    He's gone over & above to bring cars to support charity events for me, at his own cost!
    Additionally, he was fantastic at the car event, showing special needs kids around his cars & even asking me to drive his Ferrari home for him giving me my very first go in a prancing horse.
    All this from a guy I'd only met a couple of times at GTGs.

I've often wondered how I could pay it back to Jon, I owe him a dozen at least, perhaps publicly acknowledging this here is a good first step.

Master
    Good vibes in here, keep em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    walkerwek1958, fixed a watch for me at a bargain price, top fella.
    Seconded.

I think this is a superb gesture by the op. It shows that decency can still prevail if the face of self centred opportunism. I haven't been around here long enough to make any recommendations, but I've read enough to know that there are many on here who would be fit recipients.
    J

Master
    I’d nominate MartinCRC. Bought a watch from him a while back which some time down the line developed a fault. He immediately took the watch back, repaired it and returned it to me, wouldn’t even let me cover the return postage costs. Top fellow all round

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Very nice! What kind of wood do you make these from?

Master
    Mostly Sycamore or Maple as they take the dye really well, due to being so light in colour. Sometimes a bit of Oak if I'm feeling saucy!

Massive thanks to everyone for their positive comments and nominations. I'll call time on this tomorrow.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
    As of now though I'll nominate Dave O'Sullivan for the very specific reason of going through a lot of hassle to ship from UK to over here a watch which I didn't even bought from him!!
    That’s kind Christian. I only wish I’d not posted you an empty box now ;)

I’ll nominate Verv please.
    She went out of her way to help me with a little side project I had going. Extremely helpful and above and beyond what I could reasonably expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    That’s kind Christian. I only wish I’d not posted you an empty box now ;)
    Well, it's a nice box after all :D

Master
    Well after much deliberation i've come to the conclusion that this one's to go to GOAT for his TZ safety concern.

Everyone really deserves something and it was genuinely really hard to pick one, but the fact that what he done was so out of the blue to a member that was completely unknown to him and no one would have ever even known about it.

Hope to God you like it!

Excellent news for David, and it must have been tough to select....its great to read so many examples of forum folks going out of their way to help others. Always good to be reminded of that.

What a generous and thoughtful thing to do Eddie, and obviously I'm personally pleased that David will get some good karma for his unexpected and thoughtful gesture to me.

Master
    Not at all mate.

Glad to be able to bring a bit of happiness to someone who deserves it.

Blushing Goat!
    Much appreciated chaps😊😊😊

Blog Entries
    Well after much deliberation i've come to the conclusion that this one's to go to GOAT for his TZ safety concern.

Everyone really deserves something and it was genuinely really hard to pick one, but the fact that what he done was so out of the blue to a member that was completely unknown to him and no one would have ever even known about it.

Hope to God you like it!
    Great choice!

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Blushing Goat!
    Much appreciated chaps
    Well deserved...

Tempted to nominate myself :)

Blog Entries

Oh Mr TheGoat…. Will you ever learn???

@Eddie…. Surely thegoat deserves a hand turned dunces hat for this performance???

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Oh Mr TheGoat…. Will you ever learn???

@Eddie…. Surely thegoat deserves a hand turned dunces hat for this performance???
    😂😂😂
    We did agree minutes per goal, right?
    I'll pop over to the Fundraiser later . £100 for 100 points has a certain roundness to it.
    Cheers Ben .
    Next season , I might go for Delph over Ihenacho 👍

Blog Entries
    😂😂😂
    We did agree minutes per goal, right?
    I'll pop over to the Fundraiser later . £100 for 100 points has a certain roundness to it.
    Cheers Ben .
    Next season , I might go for Delph over Ihenacho 👍
    No…. It was shooting accuracy 😂

Top man Lee…. 👍🏼

I’d like to note my gratitude to Paul - walkerwek1958 - for his good nature and desire to assist. A couple of years ago, and again recently, he has taken time and effort to help me out with some help. Thanks Paul 😁

Master

So due to the fact that i have recently had my trust abused and been completely conned on SC by this guy...

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...Magsal-Villain

I have come to the realisation that bad news always catches interest and makes the headlines, whereas all those good deeds that people do for each other rarely get mentioned, or rewarded for that matter.

Its not much, but for those who dont know me, i'm a Woodturner and i'd like to offer one of my new style 18" display pieces to a member as a reward for a kindness they have done to someone else. The piece will be similar to one of these...

As angry and disappointed as i am in my negative experience, i will not let it breed further on any level and sincerely hope this can become "a thing" on the forum. I plan to do something similar every once in a while as an incentive for people to be nicer to each other and hope maybe someone else will see to doing the a similar thread with something they have made or bought or don't use, that may be of benefit to someone who deserves it.

I'll let this run for a few days and then choose the winner that i feel is most deserving, i suppose.

I'm not sure how this is going to work out but, best of luck to all who are put forward.

Lovely cabinet. Did you make it?