closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 2640

Thread: The Pizza Thread.... show off...

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Four to go.
    I'm impressed you can even do the maths! And the fact that you are helping me is even more funny

Quote Originally Posted by Adge View Post
    I'm impressed you can even do the maths! And the fact that you are helping me is even more funny
    Let's see where it gets you. The forum is famous for some sort of glitch happening just when people think they made it to the promised land.

Good luck!
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Let's see where it gets you. The forum is famous for some sort of glitch happening just when people think they made it to the promised land.

Good luck!
    I look forward to spending more time with internet strangers like yourself. Thanks for your insight.

Chunky tomatoes and tuna.

Master
    Looking great! Wife hates tuna on a pizza but that reminds me I love it.

Good friend has just bought an Igneus Pizza Oven, his first pizzas looked amazing...which frustrated the hell out of me; he used 50% hydration, rolled it with a wine bottle & got a crust I can only dream of...from a 3hr prove. He seems to be making perfect pizzas from the 'anti-method', I almost feel the need to try this approach!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Looking great! Wife hates tuna on a pizza but that reminds me I love it.

Good friend has just bought an Igneus Pizza Oven, his first pizzas looked amazing...which frustrated the hell out of me; he used 50% hydration, rolled it with a wine bottle & got a crust I can only dream of...from a 3hr prove. He seems to be making perfect pizzas from the 'anti-method', I almost feel the need to try this approach!
    Just keep trying, changing one lever at a time.

The above is a 70% hydration, 24h room temp and 24h cold proof (just because I did dough for two pizzas and kept one of them in the fridge for a day).

By the way, getting back to the recent discussion about Semola di Grano Duro Rimacinata versus rice flour: I used semolina this time, just wanted to try it again - and I swear to god it smells ever so burned after baking the pizza and the bottom is slightly blackened. No comparison to rice flour, need to make pasta from the rest of the semolina tomorrow.

Master
    Just keep trying, changing one lever at a time.

The above is a 70% hydration, 24h room temp and 24h cold proof (just because I did dough for two pizzas and kept one of them in the fridge for a day).

By the way, getting back to the recent discussion about Semola di Grano Duro Rimacinata versus rice flour: I used semolina this time, just wanted to try it again - and I swear to god it smells ever so burned after baking the pizza and the bottom is slightly blackened. No comparison to rice flour, need to make pasta from the rest of the semolina tomorrow.
    I've not messed with anything, 63% for 72hrs; 8 ambient the rest cold. Clearly need to tweak something.

Rice flour is this weekend's change & attempt, although laughing at an Ooni FB post where the owner launched all their toppings, with the base staying on the peel, I fear the pizza gods will punish me!

I've not messed with anything, 63% for 72hrs; 8 ambient the rest cold. Clearly need to tweak something.

Rice flour is this weekend's change & attempt, although laughing at an Ooni FB post where the owner launched all their toppings, with the base staying on the peel, I fear the pizza gods will punish me!

Don't remind me about all the disasters along the way. It was a long and winding road...

Blog Entries
    Spoiled for oven choice for tonight’s run.

Pitch

Master
    Roasting your own coffee too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Not quite yet buddy.

Interestingly trying both ovens and the EffeUno certainly is more consistent but lovely to be cooking with wood again.

Trust all is well.

Pitch

Master
    All good here thanks mate.

Dough is proving for tonight.

Realised this morning my pizza app had changed yeast type so had about double the amount required. Left it in the garden room overnight as it’s cooler, hoping that offsets it to a degree.

Weird thinking you may have ruined dinner a day before you cook it!

Master
    Loving the branding Pitch! What a great setup you have outdoors.

Master
    Well the first couple went well.

Used a foil door on the Koda 16 and ended up with the stone at 450C which was great.

Excuse the frozen basil, my plant died in the week & garden centre didn’t have any.

Alas the dessert pizza wasn’t a success. The ice cubes made the dough stick to the peel & was game over..burnt and raw together.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Loving the branding Pitch! What a great setup you have outdoors.
    Cheers buddy, the EffeUno continues to amaze.

Pitch

Blog Entries
    Nothing wrong with those buddy and my no3 this evening was similar.

Keep it up

Pitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Cheers buddy, the EffeUno continues to amaze.

Pitch
    Hi bud

We’ve had our uuni for around 3 years now and thinking of replacing it (we used the pellets originally but switched to the gas adapter for ease). Instead of getting a newer one, would you recommend the EffeUno instead? We only use ours maybe half The year outside so I’m wondering if this would be better for all year round as we just use or oven in winter?

Any opinions or alternatives appreciated. Cheers Stephen

Chunky tomatoes and tuna.

Now THAT crust looks pretty much perfect. That's how I've had it in Italy when it has been at it's best. Will have crunch but also a bit of a 'bite' to it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Hi bud

We’ve had our uuni for around 3 years now and thinking of replacing it (we used the pellets originally but switched to the gas adapter for ease). Instead of getting a newer one, would you recommend the EffeUno instead? We only use ours maybe half The year outside so I’m wondering if this would be better for all year round as we just use or oven in winter?

Any opinions or alternatives appreciated. Cheers Stephen
    The EffeUno is amazing but I love the Clementi and the whole wood fired event.

Would be pleased to chat buddy, pm me.

Pitch

Master
    What pizza cutter are people using? I’ve an ancient cutter from over 20yrs ago & it’s pretty blunt.

Like the pizza axe but it’s just a little daft. Friend bought an igneus pizza oven branded one and apparently blunt as a blunt thing.

Pizza last night, forgot to take pictures until some of them were already cut.

Calzone

4Formaggio

Margherita

Also dessert pizza, strawberries and raspberries on cream with a generous topping of mascarpone.

What pizza cutter are people using? I’ve an ancient cutter from over 20yrs ago & it’s pretty blunt.

Like the pizza axe but it’s just a little daft. Friend bought an igneus pizza oven branded one and apparently blunt as a blunt thing.

Master
    Assume just the style as cannot see a brand on it. Or am I over thinking the need for it to be sharp?

Could always try my one in my lansky kit to get it silly sharp, but probably overkill.

Love that dessert pizza, that is what we had planned for ours , probably too many ice cubes - 5 on a 250g dough ball. Managed burnt and raw at the same time.

Assume just the style as cannot see a brand on it. Or am I over thinking the need for it to be sharp?

Could always try my one in my lansky kit to get it silly sharp, but probably overkill.

Love that dessert pizza, that is what we had planned for ours , probably too many ice cubes - 5 on a 250g dough ball. Managed burnt and raw at the same time.

I think I paid 10 euro for it in a supermarket.

Master
    I think I paid 10 euro for it in a supermarket.
    Am clearly over thinking it then!

Sundays archive

Poslano sa mog SM-G960F koriste?i Tapatalk

Master
    Last minute (well, 9am and apparently we are having pizza for tea, best got some dough together then...) left over pulled pork with a tomato base.

Craftsman
    Driving back from a fishing trip on the Scottish West coast (caught nothing) late Saturday afternoon, my son asked for pizza for Sunday lunch. Made a 14 hour prove (proof?) recipe, threw a few ingredients from the fridge on the top and had some lovely results, although a few scorch marks on one side of the crust. This was mine, tandoori chicken (Tesco chiller cabinet), red onion, mushrooms and mozzarella pearls (wouldn’t use them again). Having it mid day, then working in the garden in the afternoon, I noticed it didn’t give me the usual overnight Blood Glucose spike that pizza is notorious for. Might be the way forward.

Master
    Stand back everyone the solution to winter pizza is at hand*

https://amp.ft.com/content/f45c3715-...4-4a0a7fb46970

*tbf I’ve seen a few YouTube videos using the Brevil equivalent and it’s not terrible but I suspect Raffi’s electric oven knocks it into a cocked hat

Top tip. When making pizza with an ooni oven don’t put your face in front of it when lighting. #singedbeard

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Stand back everyone the solution to winter pizza is at hand*

https://amp.ft.com/content/f45c3715-...4-4a0a7fb46970

*tbf I’ve seen a few YouTube videos using the Brevil equivalent and it’s not terrible but I suspect Raffi’s electric oven knocks it into a cocked hat
    I like the design, but the Effeuno is not only better built and reaches a higher temperature, it is also cheaper.

Blog Entries
    I like the design, but the Effeuno is not only better built and reaches a higher temperature, it is also cheaper.
    This x2

Pitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Top tip. When making pizza with an ooni oven don’t put your face in front of it when lighting. #singedbeard
    Ouch...having thought I lit a gas bbq, and put the lid down to pre-heat (I had not lit the gas), I opened the lid, realising it wasn't hot just pressed the gas ignition, as my wife walked out to me being engulfed in 15 mins of gas build up. Luckily the whoosh and instant heat had me fall to the floor out of instinct.

Another 'not to do', which was stupid - having burnt off the sacrificial pizza we all have to make occasionally, I decided to use a compressed can of air to blow the burnt dust off the stone. As it was 'air', I completely forgot it still had propellant inside. Another whoosh sound gave me the clue my arm hair was gone, followed by the smell to confirm it.

When you light the Ooni at night, it is interesting how far the lighting gas shoots out...as you know well.

The problem with this pizza lark , for me anyway, is when you think you’ve got the dough recipe spot on .
    I made one the other night to the letter of my previous attempts and it was still quite sticky. I ended up adding more flour to the proven dough and it ‘kind of’ worked .
    The pizzas were still tasty but there was a slight whiff of “ must try harder” from the recipients .
    Without trawling the thread ,could anybody ( yes, you Raffe ) point me in the way of a foolproof dough recipe ?

Also, there’s a Neapolitan pizza place up the road from me that does Pizza school . I could well be enrolling .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    The problem with this pizza lark , for me anyway, is when you think you’ve got the dough recipe spot on .
    I made one the other night to the letter of my previous attempts and it was still quite sticky. I ended up adding more flour to the proven dough and it ‘kind of’ worked .
    The pizzas were still tasty but there was a slight whiff of “ must try harder” from the recipients .
    Without trawling the thread ,could anybody ( yes, you Raffe ) point me in the way of a foolproof dough recipe ?

Also, there’s a Neapolitan pizza place up the road from me that does Pizza school . I could well be enrolling .
    Stretch and fold and stretch and fold and repeat.

Can post a recipe a little later, what's your proving time?

Ouch...having thought I lit a gas bbq, and put the lid down to pre-heat (I had not lit the gas), I opened the lid, realising it wasn't hot just pressed the gas ignition, as my wife walked out to me being engulfed in 15 mins of gas build up. Luckily the whoosh and instant heat had me fall to the floor out of instinct.

Another 'not to do', which was stupid - having burnt off the sacrificial pizza we all have to make occasionally, I decided to use a compressed can of air to blow the burnt dust off the stone. As it was 'air', I completely forgot it still had propellant inside. Another whoosh sound gave me the clue my arm hair was gone, followed by the smell to confirm it.

When you light the Ooni at night, it is interesting how far the lighting gas shoots out...as you know well.
    I was immensely stupid, and could have been badly burnt. Luckily the only damage was having to trim my beard to stubble length and smell the singed hair again this morning!

Stretch and fold and stretch and fold and repeat.

Can post a recipe a little later, what's your proving time?
    That could well be the issue . The dough was only proved for an hour or so . It was a last minute thing .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    That could well be the issue . The dough was only proved for an hour or so . It was a last minute thing .
    One hour dough is no-go.

Minimum 5-6 hours, better 24 hours. Just make it a habit to make the dough on the evening before. And do plenty of stretch and fold.

PizzaApp+ is your friend, but I can also give you the quantities. Start with 60-65% hydration (I find 65% better) and about 3% salt. The rest you can take from the app.

And don't forget to stretch and fold....

Blog Entries
    Whose playing today???

20hr blue and 48hr Nuvola underway for me + couple of sourdoughs to try in the EffeUno

Have a great BH Monday folks

Pitch

I’ve got some dough ready,it’ll be the first this year ,using the char pizza oven ,it’s supposed to sling it down though.
    It may end up in the oven inside.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I’ve got some dough ready,it’ll be the first this year ,using the char pizza oven ,it’s supposed to sling it down though.

Remember to keep feeding the beast.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post

Same here mate, I think the Clementi will have a rest today it’s gonna hul it down so EffeUno indoors

Enjoy

Craftsman
    Anyone here who has tried the Roberto Susta biga dough?

Really interested in trying this but can't seem to find a recipe that adds up from Vito's videos.

Master
    Last night, Nuvola Pizzeria at 63%, 8 hour prove

Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Anyone here who has tried the Roberto Susta biga dough?

Really interested in trying this but can't seem to find a recipe that adds up from Vito's videos.
    I have tried many different doughs, with Poolish, biga and sourdough starters - in the end I just do plain and easy.

By all means, try it out. I think it was important for me to understand what it takes to make a good dough. But as per my conclusion neither poolish nor biga required.

Here is the man himself, switch on the translated subtitles if you need help with the language:

My pizzas from last Wednesday:

Unfortunately I only realised too late that I had no porcini left in the freezer, so the 'light' version with zucchini and pancetta only.

Here's the original recipe (including porcini):

Craftsman
    I have tried many different doughs, with Poolish, biga and sourdough starters - in the end I just do plain and easy.

By all means, try it out. I think it was important for me to understand what it takes to make a good dough. But as per my conclusion neither poolish nor biga required.

Here is the man himself, switch on the translated subtitles if you need help with the language:

Thanks, I was suspecting that this will most probably be the case, will give this a watch as I didn't realize that you can do translated captions.

Out of interest, if not a well kept family secret, what is your sweet spot hydration and mix with semola?

Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Thanks, I was suspecting that this will most probably be the case, will give this a watch as I didn't realize that you can do translated captions.

Out of interest, if not a well kept family secret, what is your sweet spot hydration and mix with semola?
    I usually do about 68% to 70% hydration. If I use semolina, I take 10% to 15%.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Same here mate, I think the Clementi will have a rest today it’s gonna hul it down so EffeUno indoors

Enjoy
    Yup, ribs in the egg & I don’t fancy going out to sauce them given the weather!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Haha Matt.

Yep, kids and wifey wrapped up in the outside pizzeria and I was indoors with the EffeUno and two little granddaughter helpers + a couple of takeouts.

Soz, didn’t get any pizza shots

Pitch