closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 2663

Thread: The Pizza Thread.... show off...

Blog Entries
    Boom.

Blog Entries
    I was chatting at work today and somehow I remembered this amazing pizzeria in Rome that I sniffed out and we tried.

Now I have had amazing pizza in Napoli and around Italy but this little place was something else. Simple, small pizza dished up on brown paper to eat on the go.

https://shop.trieste.pizza/mare

I spent sometime chatting with the guys and they just kept banging pizza out to try, I had a great time talking pizza. One of the pics below was with egg, pancetta and parmigiana, heck it was good.

It has got me thinking and this idea would be perfect for home entertaining and of course the obvious here in Blighty.

Pitch.

Master
    Damn they look good!

Ralf - I always forget about trying calzone until you post & I salivate!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Damn they look good!

Ralf - I always forget about trying calzone until you post & I salivate!
    Go ahead and try, they are so delicious. I have never been a big Calzone eater until I did the first one myself.

Ricotta, salami, mozzarella and a little bit tomato sauce inside, then generous tomato sauce and the rest of the mozzarella outside. Did one with onions and tuna last week, that was great as well.

Yummy.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master

The Pizza Thread.... show off...

Tuna one sound delicious!

I’ve only ever had Zizzi ones before, where all the filling and sauce is inside, aside from a stone cold dipping sauce in a pot.

Yours seem to make much more sense.

ETA what is the meat on the outside? Any ‘interior’ photos from prep, trying to work out how much filling required!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Effeuno users: am I right in saying there's no need to turn?

Seriously thinking about adding one to utility room, to save faffing back and forward to the garage and the OOni

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Effeuno users: am I right in saying there's no need to turn?

Seriously thinking about adding one to utility room, to save faffing back and forward to the garage and the OOni
    Correct, no need to turn.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Correct, no need to turn.
    Thanks Raffe, as much as I've enjoyed the Ooni, it does seem like less of a faff.

And I can have it in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Thanks Raffe, as much as I've enjoyed the Ooni, it does seem like less of a faff.

And I can have it in the house.
    Mine is in the kitchen. Not the most beautiful appliance, but the best.

Has anyone got a full proof, idiot proof pizza dough recipe at all please.

I have tried various ones off the web but either my dough does not rise, or it just seem to stretch enough. I know its only flour, water etc, but I feel quite dumb not being able to get it right.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    Has anyone got a full proof, idiot proof pizza dough recipe at all please.

I have tried various ones off the web but either my dough does not rise, or it just seem to stretch enough. I know its only flour, water etc, but I feel quite dumb not being able to get it right.

thanks
    It's all about the stretch and fold. It takes me an hour to 90 minutes to do the dough. First I just mix the ingredients (except salt) with a spoon, then I let it rest for 10-15 minutes, then add the salt. Then stretch and fold every 15 minutes, at least four times. Then let it do its magic, best for 24 hours but 8 or 9 hours will do if in a hurry.

Chose the correct measure for the ingredients via Pizza+ App according to the rising time.

And here is video with various S&F techniques, this guy has perfected it to a religion (it's bread, not pizza but the principle is the same):

For pizza, I don't need to wet the underground or my hands as long as my hydration is below 70%. I just do it on a marble stone, use neither water nor flour but just my hands. Already after the first round of S&F the dough doesn't stick anymore, after four rounds it is very strong and you will not rip any holes into it, no matter how thin you stretch it.

It's all about the stretch and fold. It takes me an hour to 90 minutes to do the dough. First I just mix the ingredients (except salt) with a spoon, then I let it rest for 10-15 minutes, then add the salt. Then stretch and fold every 15 minutes, at least four times. Then let it do its magic, best for 24 hours but 8 or 9 hours will do if in a hurry.

Chose the correct measure for the ingredients via Pizza+ App according to the rising time.

And here is video with various S&F techniques, this guy has perfected it to a religion (it's bread, not pizza but the principle is the same):

For pizza, I don't need to wet the underground or my hands as long as my hydration is below 70%. I just do it on a marble stone, use neither water nor flour but just my hands. Already after the first round of S&F the dough doesn't stick anymore, after four rounds it is very strong and you will not rip any holes into it, no matter how thin you stretch it.
    great thanks, will give it a go this weekend

Master
    Interesting, I never do any S&F but use the mixer for 10 mins. Might have to try this technique next time around.

Interesting, I never do any S&F but use the mixer for 10 mins. Might have to try this technique next time around.

I only use the mixer if I do larger quantities (5+). Anything belows is just mixed with a spoon and then S&F by hand.

Kneading is nothing but lots of small S&F operations, but not as consistent. The foliation technique is best, stretch it as thinly as possible and fold onto itself. Don't use flour if you can, the dough is supposed to stick to itself (or only use flour underneath).

Made this

Got grapes on , don't hate on it

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Made this

Got grapes on

I got a lesson from Richard Bertinet a year or two ago on how to make bread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXV8mayG3W0 show most of his process.

It was a real eye opener for me, I no longer knead bread, just fold. I make 73-75% hydration dough with no flour/water and no stickiness. I still use semolina when making pizza though - I like the taste and crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    I got a lesson from Richard Bertinet a year or two ago on how to make bread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXV8mayG3W0 show most of his process.

It was a real eye opener for me, I no longer knead bread, just fold. I make 73-75% hydration dough with no flour/water and no stickiness. I still use semolina when making pizza though - I like the taste and crunch.
    Very nice video, exactly my process.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post

Got grapes on , don't hate on it
    Careful now - you'll be getting a visit from the Cheese-on-Toast Constabulary.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Careful now - you'll be getting a visit from the Cheese-on-Toast Constabulary.
    Cream, strawberry and mascarpone.

Today’s pizzas look fantastic. I could definitely eat them in order - strawberries for dessert :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Today’s pizzas look fantastic. I could definitely eat them in order - strawberries for dessert :)
    I must say - I'm curious about that one. Plenty of time for Christian to build a Transylvanian pizza oven in advance of the next GTG...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Did you see the raspberries as well? Pizza was great, we had it as dessert after a binge pizza party last year.

I must say - I'm curious about that one. Plenty of time for Christian to build a Transylvanian pizza oven in advance of the next GTG...
    I am sure plenty of suitable ovens in Transylvania - just need to bring some decent pizza flour. Shouldn't be a problem.

You bring the wine? A nice and cold Gewürztraminer?

Master
    I’ve never had enough room in my stomach for a dessert pizza, one 250g ball each of dough and we are both full. Seems strange to only have half a pizza each & then dessert.

Perhaps when I am next allowed family / friends over I can try it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve never had enough room in my stomach for a dessert pizza, one 250g ball each of dough and we are both full. Seems strange to only have half a pizza each & then dessert.

Perhaps when I am next allowed family / friends over I can try it.

You are doing it wrong.

Gather a crowd and keep baking pizzas. You just drop them on a table, cut them in slices for everybody to serve themselves. Soon everybody will have lost track how much they have eaten already, with some wine and dessert pizza you can go up to two pizza balls per person. It's tried and tested, works every time.

You bring the wine? A nice and cold Gewürztraminer?

Master
    You are doing it wrong.

Gather a crowd and keep baking pizzas. You just drop them on a table, cut them in slices for everybody to serve themselves. Soon everybody will have lost track how much they have eaten already, with some wine and dessert pizza you can go up to two pizza balls per person. It's tried and tested, works every time.
    I've done it with 4 people, only managed 4 pizzas; but that was lunch.

Feels with me stretching, prepping and cooking I never spend any time with my guests...and if I do, they are usually in my way!

Yet to find it as relaxing as a bbq / smoked meats, but will take practice.

Master
    I've done it with 4 people, only managed 4 pizzas; but that was lunch.

Feels with me stretching, prepping and cooking I never spend any time with my guests...and if I do, they are usually in my way!

Yet to find it as relaxing as a bbq / smoked meats, but will take practice.
    I felt the same when doing one at a time. I never seemed to be able to sit down with people, even briefly.
    However with the advent of wooden peels I can make two at a time and cook them one after the other. By the time the second one is cooked the first is at an edible temperature and there is a bit of a lull whilst two are eaten.
    Its less than 10 minutes but it makes all the difference.
    For our family of four I make 5 but there is usually some left.

Takes me about an hour to make 12-15 pizzas assuming all the planning is done.

I use a BBQ which takes 3-4 minutes to cook each one, but it means I have plenty time to ask what guests want between cooking, or even get them to top their own.

It's interactive and fun and I've never found it a chore.

At a BBQ I'd do those pizzas, + 8 baby back racks, 4 racks of beef short rib, 2-4 pulled pork shoulders (great on pizza) and the occasional brisket. All but the pizzas cooked long and slow from the crack of dawn (or overnight) so little to do when people actually arrive. Pizzas are great if t here are kids who might be picky if they are at a BBQ with no burgers or sausages.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    I felt the same when doing one at a time. I never seemed to be able to sit down with people, even briefly.
    However with the advent of wooden peels I can make two at a time and cook them one after the other. By the time the second one is cooked the first is at an edible temperature and there is a bit of a lull whilst two are eaten.
    Its less than 10 minutes but it makes all the difference.
    For our family of four I make 5 but there is usually some left.
    I have a second wooden peel, but always imagined the first would have cooled down too much / stone not hot enough. Will give it a try.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    Takes me about an hour to make 12-15 pizzas assuming all the planning is done.

I use a BBQ which takes 3-4 minutes to cook each one, but it means I have plenty time to ask what guests want between cooking, or even get them to top their own.

It's interactive and fun and I've never found it a chore.

At a BBQ I'd do those pizzas, + 8 baby back racks, 4 racks of beef short rib, 2-4 pulled pork shoulders (great on pizza) and the occasional brisket. All but the pizzas cooked long and slow from the crack of dawn (or overnight) so little to do when people actually arrive. Pizzas are great if t here are kids who might be picky if they are at a BBQ with no burgers or sausages.
    Loving the sound of your bbq! Agree 100% on pulled pork as a topping. Used to have it loads, but not done it in using the Ooni yet.

Craftsman
    A question please for the effeuno owners, which UK seller are you buying them from and P134H or HA. I guess the HA is more versatile? Any downsides.. Thanks

I’ve been using the Sainsbury’s TTD 00 flour since I’ve been making pizzas with reasonable results however this Caputo blue 00 flour is a game changer.
    I see a lot on here use the caputo red....is this so much better again than blue and if so why?
    FFF

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SNA View Post
    A question please for the effeuno owners, which UK seller are you buying them from and P134H or HA. I guess the HA is more versatile? Any downsides.. Thanks
    I have the pleasure of Boss13’s HA and first outing was great, using it again this evening with a 24hr Caputo Blue and also a batch of my sourdough starter.

FFF - up to 24hr I use blue and over Nuvola

Pitch

Blue < 24h < red/purple

Any tips gents for not having the situation where the toppings don't adhere well to the base and kind of just slide off? I made pizza this afternoon (nothing as professional as some of the pizzas in this thread) and the above happened.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pin the toppings with needles?

I had a lovely cheese, onion, red pepper, black olives and...anchovies pizza last night, the slightly sweetened peppers and onions worked great with the strong salty little fish.
    Add the fish in the final few minutes to avoid drying them out, over cooking.
    Last edited by Passenger; 20th March 2021 at 17:07. Reason: forgot the olives !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Any tips gents for not having the situation where the toppings don't adhere well to the base and kind of just slide off? I made pizza this afternoon (nothing as professional as some of the pizzas in this thread) and the above happened.

Bizarre never had that happen. What sauce did you use?

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Bizarre never had that happen. What sauce did you use?

Pitch
    I typically make my own but with a passata base, then add garlic, basil, olive oil and simmer away. What mozzarella are you guys using? The fresh stuff? That's what I'm using alongside some parmesan and then I serve with rocket on top with fresh parmesan and olive oil

Last edited by ryanb741; 20th March 2021 at 20:46.

Master
    I’m using the Napoli cut from AD Maria, and I love it. No faff; tastes good.

with Korean parmesan
    F@*% me - and I thought I was taking the mickey by periodically mentioning cheese on toast...

Blog Entries
    Here we go EffeUno run no2

F@*% me - and I thought I was taking the mickey by periodically mentioning cheese on toast...
    Sorry that was a typo lol. Should have said fresh parmesan!!!!

Happy with the Caputo blue, much nicer lighter crust

Blog Entries
    Breakie????

Egg, Prosciutto and Parmigiano Reggiano. A take on a bacon and egg sarnie.

Mini like we had in Rome

post pics

Breakie????

Mini like we had in Rome

post pics
    That looks great

Master
    Breakie????

Mini like we had in Rome

post pics
    WOW!

Blog Entries
    I typically make my own but with a passata base, then add garlic, basil, olive oil and simmer away. What mozzarella are you guys using? The fresh stuff? That's what I'm using alongside some parmesan and then I serve with rocket on top with fresh parmesan and olive oil

Maybe the sauce in too thin????

The mozzarella needs to be dry also, I use either from A D Maria or block Galbani Cucina Ryan.

Pitch

Blog Entries
    Eat, Sleep, Rave, REPEAT