closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pizza Thread.... show off...

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    700 x 800 but sold as a 600 x 600 thats internal.

Cheaper ones out but the quality of Clementi is amazing plus the wizzy air system

Hopefully fire it up at the weekend
    Same size as my Pizza Party, which is still sleeping underneath the outer staircase. Suppose I cannot buy wood at the moment, neither to build a stand nor to burn a fire. So it will be another couple of weeks until I can take it into production.

Have fund with yours and don't forget the pics.

Master
    Have just got myself onto the bandwagon. Ooni Koda ordered today. An amateur here. Never done this before. All a bit daunting. Hoping to contribute with some lame attempts soon!!

No 00 flour in the shops. So having to settle for regular flour. Regular tomato sauce. Let's see what happens in next few days.

Great thread.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard buddy and enjoy.

Look online at A di Maria, you should be able to pick some Caputo there for home delivery. Look back a page at my order.

Regarding sauce this was down to 90p a tin and is pretty damn good.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/283713806

Tinned toms will be fine, bliz them and cook down on the hob and season.

Ive balled a batch up tonight which will of had a 25 hour fermentation, will get cracking in a couple of hours.

Pitch

@pitch3110 any recommendations where to buy logs from ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    @pitch3110 any recommendations where to buy logs from ?
    Sorry pal no. I have a couple of wood burners so I have good stock at home. If you are in Suffolk and need some you, hang on, we are locked down. ☹️

Pitch

Home made pizza tonight in usual oven with pizza steel. I didnt have any of the usual pizza sauce but used passata instead but which did the trick but was somewhat watery.

I use the recipe from BBC food but think I need to up my pizza skills.

Master
    Welcome aboard buddy and enjoy.

Look online at A di Maria, you should be able to pick some Caputo there for home delivery. Look back a page at my order.

Regarding sauce this was down to 90p a tin and is pretty damn good.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/283713806

Tinned toms will be fine, bliz them and cook down on the hob and season.

Ive balled a batch up tonight which will of had a 25 hour fermentation, will get cracking in a couple of hours.

Pitch
    Thanks for reply. Been searching online everywhere but nobody has stock. Your recommendation seemed to have a 25kg bag. Added it and few others bits. Then realised they are not taking orders!!

Think I will start Monday with a basic RT dough which I will follow recipe on Ooni website. As stock comes back in hopefully can up my pizza game.

For now it is plain flour, yeast sachets. Plum tomatoes which will go on hob...lets see what disaster awaits!!

Looking forward to it. If it wasn't for this thread don't think I would ever have moved away from the frozen dr oetkers.

Sorry pal no. I have a couple of wood burners so I have good stock at home. If you are in Suffolk and need some you, hang on, we are locked down. ☹️

Pitch
    Im looking to bulk buy some wood. Ive bought from amazon in the past but ends up costing a lot by the bag, I think by the pallet and a wood store is the way forward.

Blog Entries
    Caputo blue, 62% and 26 hour in the end.

In the Neff so not idea.

red skull plane

Master
    Caputo blue, 62% and 26 hour in the end.

In the Neff so not idea.

red skull plane
    Nice for a kitchen oven!

What kind of cheese is that you are using?

Blog Entries
    Cheers pal.

This is what I am using.

Pitch

https://www.adimaria.co.uk/italian-f...napoli-cut-1kg

Put this in the other pizza thread, I don't know if it is of use to any of you pizza lovers:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/gardenline-ba...00749356754900

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    Put this in the other pizza thread, I don't know if it is of use to any of you pizza lovers:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/gardenline-ba...00749356754900

I have seen people baking half-decent pizzas with these. But this thread is for the purists....

Been bored this morning so have unpacked the Pizza Party oven. Even found some blocks of firewood in the garage, so burning it in as we speak. On Wednesday I will get a delivery of a palette of oak wood, better prepare a dough then.

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Blog Entries
    Goodo Raffe and great to see it up and running..

Pitch

Master
    My efforts today with the ooni were truly a shambles. After the first two attempts resorted to sticking the others in the Neff...

The dough felt too sticky to slide off into the ooni. That was the main issue. Then when in the ooni just disintegrated in there and would not move. Stone looks an absolute mess on day one!

I will persevere and amend tactics... Was very close to throwing the damn ooni in the bin!

Blog Entries
    Noooooo.

Sounds too hydrated to me pal. How much flour, yeast and water did you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    My efforts today with the ooni were truly a shambles. After the first two attempts resorted to sticking the others in the Neff...

The dough felt too sticky to slide off into the ooni. That was the main issue. Then when in the ooni just disintegrated in there and would not move. Stone looks an absolute mess on day one!

I will persevere and amend tactics... Was very close to throwing the damn ooni in the bin!

Fire your oven up and the stone will be clean within 20 minutes.

Next time you do a couple of 'stretch and folds' with your dough and you'll find it a treat to work with.

Master
    Thank you. Will take that advice and give the stretch and fold a go next time...next time may be a long time away...need to rebuild my confidence. Ha.

Took the stone out to wash in the end... I heated it and the remnants caused a fire in the oven...long day!!

I note Pitch adds oil to the sandwich bags. I may try the Pitch dough method next time. Do you also add oil Raffe?

Another question, if using a mixer, do you add all the water in one go?

I think I need to start an amateur pizza thread. Causing unnecessary traffic on this thread!

Thank you. Will take that advice and give the stretch and fold a go next time...next time may be a long time away...need to rebuild my confidence. Ha.

Took the stone out to wash in the end... I heated it and the remnants caused a fire in the oven...long day!!

I note Pitch adds oil to the sandwich bags. I may try the Pitch dough method next time. Do you also add oil Raffe?

I think I need to start an amateur pizza thread. Causing unnecessary traffic on this thread!

Never any oil in the pizza dough.

You can easily go to 75% hydration with standard 00 pizza flour if you use the s&f technique, it makes for delicious 'canotto' pizza. In the end, it doesn't matter how you pour the water, I put it in in one go. And I never knead my dough, I mix it by hand with a wooden spoon and then do four or five s&f and it's ready to go. I usually do 68% hydration with Caputo blue (for up to 24h maturation) or Caputo cuoco.

Just keep trying, if it was too easy anyone could do it. Takes a little practice in the beginning, but it's worth it!

Blog Entries
    Raffe is right and I have moved on, just Caputo blue flour (game changer) fresh yeast, salt and water.

This what I am doing with 18 hour room temp bulk prove then 6 hour room temp balled.

online pic hosting

Master

Are you using the unni metal peel to launch the pizza? These can often be sticky either lift an edge of the base and blow under it a couple of times just before launching into the oven or swap over to a wooden peel.

Also make sure the oven is well up to temperature before cooking the pizza

Did anyone say that pizza flour was in short supply?

Master
    Adding to my purchase delay by now adding a Rokboxx into the mix vs a Koda 16, am still erring towards the Koda but given the price it seems prudent to carry on the research.

Why cant I just buy something vs research and then something new comes along & have to start again / move price points!

Blog Entries
    Love that, its a bloke thing and what we do. Hehehehe.

I was the same, 600 budget thats it. Then started the research and BANG. Clementi at 100% over budget.

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Adding to my purchase delay by now adding a Rokboxx into the mix vs a Koda 16, am still erring towards the Koda but given the price it seems prudent to carry on the research.

Why cant I just buy something vs research and then something new comes along & have to start again / move price points!
    Im in the same boat! Also trying to justify the purchase with the OH!

Anyone cooked anything else apart from pizza in these?

Master
    My OH is actively encouraging it, we normally eat out 2-3 times a week & our local takeaways are limited to curry, pizza or kebab, so invest our eating out spend into the pizza oven

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_li30 View Post
    I’m in the same boat! Also trying to justify the purchase with the OH!

Anyone cooked anything else apart from pizza in these?
    I've got a roccbox and I really like it. Its very solid and portable ish, (well it weighs about 25kg so yes you can bring it from the garage to the house but I wouldn't want to carry it to the beach!). I've only used it on gas as it works well and when I use it I tend not to have the time to mess about or for it to take ages to heat up. I will try the wood burner at some point mind.
    The claims are a bit optimistic as it takes a good 30 mins to get to 400 degrees from cold. Once hot it stays hot, I cook 2 or 3 and then turn it right down to eat and coe back maybe 20/30 mins later and its fine. Occasionally I switch it off and it then takes about 10 mins to get back up to cooking temp after up to an hour off.
    Results are great on the whole and the limit is me not the oven. Sticking bases on launch are the biggest issue so the balance between enough flour on the peel for it not to stcik but not get that burnt flour taste on the bottom is quite hard. I'm tempted by a wooden launch peel but can't help feleing it's going to get a bit charred!
    I use this dough recipe from the pizza forum and it seems to work pretty well, if a little longwionded as you make it 48 hrs ahead of time, so Thurs for a Sat meal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua63...ature=emb_logo
    Anyway there are 5 bases in balls for tonight so looking forward to that.
    David

ETA there are loads of receipes on gozneys site for things other than pizza. <ade donuts which were pretty good as well as meatball marinara which again work well. These are both pizza dough based receipes mind.

Master
    Further to the advice above I gave it all another go today for a cook tomorrow.

Again no 00 flour anywhere. But did manage to get some Pasta flour. Which perhaps is nearest thing I can find for now. It was so much easier to pull together. Felt so different to bog standard plain flour.

Now leaving to rise for 18 hours. Noticing some condensation inside the cling. Guessing that is normal. I went with 1kg flour. 600ml water.

Will leave at room temp for 18 hours and then ball and leave for a further 6 hours. Was tempted to put in fridge for 18 hours, nit quite sure what it would achieve. Maybe next time!
    Last edited by Boss13; 4th April 2020 at 18:04.

Blog Entries
    That looks fine pal.

Balled mine this afternoon after at 20hrs.

now into the 6hr balled fermentation phase.

Pitch

Tonight's offering. Best yet but need the base to be thinner but hopefully that'll come with time and confidence. Also need to wait a little longer to make sure the ooni is up to temp. Meaty pizza this time with a go at a garlic bread. One thing is I'll not use passata next time as I find it too watery but I was pushed for time.

Did 3 hr room temp, overnight in fridge, 5hr room temp and then balled them for another 3 hr

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

^^^^

Looking good Stu!

I am not sure how long I can hold off getting into this......
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Nothing wrong with those, looking fab buddy.

Still the Neff for me so not ideal. Pizzeria is coming on well outside but need to track some flue down for the Clementi.

Anyway, here goes.

Pitch

image sharing sites

Master
    Amazing...making me hungry!

My dough is rising too much I feel...only been 5 hours so far at room temp.

My offering from tonight:

Small one for my daughter:

And daddy's pizza:

And this is the late special with pesto:

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Wow! Big crusts there sir.

Blog Entries
    Amazing...making me hungry!

My dough is rising too much I feel...only been 5 hours so far at room temp.

Crikey, how much yeast?????

Pitch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    And this is the late special with pesto:

Lovely mate. What was the dough on these.

Pitch

Master
    The Mrs has been on at me to make pizza again so Ill be firing up the unni later.

This:

Produced:

Thanks chaps. Some great looking efforts on here. I'm liking the look of your pesto pizza though raffe. How do you gets yours to rise so much in an oven pitch? Do you alter the dough recipe?

Master
    Crikey, how much yeast?????

Pitch

- - - Updated - - -

Pitch
    Used the instant stuff. My recipe told me 4g was required. I think I may have accidentally used 4.6g!
    I hope I haven't ruined it...will try to ball it up in the next hour or so...

Can anyone answer this query I have please?

Got some eucalyptus logs. Will this be ok to burn in pizza oven? Suspect it's too resinous, might taint pizza or even be harmful.

Master
    Used the instant stuff. My recipe told me 4g was required. I think I may have accidentally used 4.6g!
    I hope I haven't ruined it...will try to ball it up in the next hour or so...

4.6g wow, in my post above I used 0.45g for 440g of dough.

What recipe are you using?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Can anyone answer this query I have please?

Got some eucalyptus logs. Will this be ok to burn in pizza oven? Suspect it's too resinous, might taint pizza or even be harmful.
    Its not recommended for smoking so i wouldnt myself

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Its not recommended for smoking so i wouldnt myself
    Thanks!

Master
    I used this recipe. Recommends 2g per 500g flour. I used 1kg flour so should have used 4g of the instant yeast.

Any recommendations to recover this? I feel I may have over kneaded it too. Due to ball it up in the next hour or so...

https://uk.ooni.com/blogs/recipes/classic-pizza-dough

Pitch
    Hi, that was my first attempt with the Caputo Saccorosse flour. Lovely stuff, extreme gluten. I used a 70% hydration and it was really really thin, took a number of s&f in order to be able to handle it. In the end, it's so light and fluffy, really something else. Nest time I will go down to mid-60s for hydration and will add some 10% of spelt flour in order to beef up the taste (have done that a few times already and it is great, just finding myself out of spelt at the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Thanks chaps. Some great looking efforts on here. I'm liking the look of your pesto pizza though raffe. How do you gets yours to rise so much in an oven pitch? Do you alter the dough recipe?

It's pretty bog-standard Pizza App+, this was 578g flour, 405g water, 17g salt and 0.15g dry yeast for a 20h fermentation. Have to say I don't really like Pizza App+ anymore, too many coding mistakes in the app which will lead to wrong readings (too high) for yeast. Looking for an alternative.

I used this recipe. Recommends 2g per 500g flour. I used 1kg flour so should have used 4g of the instant yeast.

Any recommendations to recover this? I feel I may have over kneaded it too. Due to ball it up in the next hour or so...

Never use the Ooni recipe, it's crap. Use Pizza App+ or one of the recommendations on https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum.

Master

Bit late now if youre due to ball it up, if you find yourself in that situation again Id knock it back 2-3 hours before youre due to ball it up.

That said I find the pizzapp fine for generating quantities for my dough Id give it a try if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Hi, that was my first attempt with the Caputo Saccorosse flour. Lovely stuff, extreme gluten. I used a 70% hydration and it was really really thin, took a number of s&f in order to be able to handle it. In the end, it's so light and fluffy, really something else. Nest time I will go down to mid-60s for hydration and will add some 10% of spelt flour in order to beef up the taste (have done that a few times already and it is great, just finding myself out of spelt at the moment).

It's pretty bog-standard Pizza App+, this was 578g flour, 405g water, 17g salt and 0.15g dry yeast for a 20h fermentation. Have to say I don't really like Pizza App+ anymore, too many coding mistakes in the app which will lead to wrong readings (too high) for yeast. Looking for an alternative.

Never use the Ooni recipe, it's crap. Use Pizza App+ or one of the recommendations on https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't realise there was issues with the pizzapp. I know ooni have there own app, I wonder if this is better?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Bit late now if youre due to ball it up, if you find yourself in that situation again Id knock it back 2-3 hours before youre due to ball it up.

That said I find the pizzapp fine for generating quantities for my dough Id give it a try if I were you.
    I could knock back now and then ball it later I suppose?