closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 2641

Thread: The Pizza Thread.... show off...

Master
    Mrs Devonian made some dough to prove and went out for a few hours. Being impatient I decided to put the Effeuno on in the afternoon and make my own pizza (I normally avoid the dough).

When we’ve been to Rome in the past they often have ‘white’ pizzas so I decided to make my own version. Put some olive oil on the base and then some broccoli which I’d boiled slightly then fried in some olive oil, followed by my homemade Italian sausage (which is delicious) and mozzarella. Pizza base not up to the standard of my wife’s, but the pizza was incredibly tasty, one of the best I’ve had. Not having a tomato base made a refreshing change and even made Mrs D one when she got back and she agreed. The Italian sausage is a game changer for me :-)

Salsiccia on pizza is fantastic.

I am not the biggest fan of white pizza, but every now and then I do one (potatoes pizza still being my favourite).

Yours looks very nice.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Salsiccia on pizza is fantastic.

I am not the biggest fan of white pizza, but every now and then I do one (potatoes pizza still being my favourite).

Yours looks very nice.
    Potato pizza sounds dirty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Mrs Devonian made some dough to prove and went out for a few hours. Being impatient I decided to put the Effeuno on in the afternoon and make my own pizza (I normally avoid the dough).

When we’ve been to Rome in the past they often have ‘white’ pizzas so I decided to make my own version. Put some olive oil on the base and then some broccoli which I’d boiled slightly then fried in some olive oil, followed by my homemade Italian sausage (which is delicious) and mozzarella. Pizza base not up to the standard of my wife’s, but the pizza was incredibly tasty, one of the best I’ve had. Not having a tomato base made a refreshing change and even made Mrs D one when she got back and she agreed. The Italian sausage is a game changer for me :-)

That looks pretty good fella. So talk to me about ya sausage……

I have some Nuvola on a 30hr that’s balled and coming out later with pumpkin cream base, I’m loving the white.

Paul

I will also have salsiccia on pizza tonight. Made the salsiccia myself with plenty of fennel.

Salsiccia, cepes, spring onions, bufala.

Not bad.

Master
    Beautiful as always!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    That looks pretty good fella. So talk to me about ya sausage……

I have some Nuvola on a 30hr that’s balled and coming out later with pumpkin cream base, I’m loving the white.

Paul
    Well since ya asked about my sausage . . . . :-)

Joking aside I get asked to make it a lot on pizzas and also for sausage pasta. No measuring out, I just wing it every time. I toast (a lot) fennel seeds in a dry pan, grind them up, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, sweet paprika, oregano, lots of chilli flakes and some red wine vinegar and them mix it in with the sausage and cook in some olive oil. Taste damn good to be fair and the more fennel and chilli flakes I put it, the better.

Salsiccia, cepes, spring onions, bufala.

Not bad.

I’m sure that was superb :-)

Guanciale and burrata. Never tried that before, but it smells very nice.

Master
    Always seen it as a more fatty pancetta & the amount of fat to meat annoys me. There is flavour in fat but I do like some meat to go with it!

Burrata is the best discovery from here so far. Will be trying the Italian sausage next for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Always seen it as a more fatty pancetta & the amount of fat to meat annoys me. There is flavour in fat but I do like some meat to go with it!

Burrata is the best discovery from here so far. Will be trying the Italian sausage next for sure.

Even if you trim it heavily, there is still a lot of fat left. But when it comes to taste, it beats pancetta with plenty margin. Carbonara is so much better with guanciale.

I liked it on pizza, but next time on a white one.

Master
    Even if you trim it heavily, there is still a lot of fat left. But when it comes to taste, it beats pancetta with plenty margin. Carbonara is so much better with guanciale.

I liked it on pizza, but next time on a white one.
    Will be trying the carbonara once the heatwave / summer has gone. Smash burgers tonight, quite possibly the best burger I’ve ever made - but the wrong thread!

6 at my place tonight and the char worked well. Still need to perfect the stretch but hey

Will be trying the carbonara once the heatwave / summer has gone. Smash burgers tonight, quite possibly the best burger I’ve ever made - but the wrong thread!

Please start a thread on that

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master

Dead Yeast

FYI - I learned a little lesson about using old yeast.

"Clever" me bought a bunch of flour and yeast about 6 months ago ... and guess what... Active Yeast doesn't last that long.

Now you lot probably already know this - I learned this after making 2 batches of dough that stayed completely unrisen after 2 hours.

Thankfully, having spotted the issue, I bought some plain old yeast to make sure I can feed my friends tomorrow.

Is this a PSA ?

Not sure if this has been discussed, but what tomato sauce recipe are you all using?

I pour a can of Tesco's cheapest chopped tomatoes into a sieve over a bowl to drain excess juice, pour the excess juice into a glass and add vodka, ice and a dash of Worcester sauce. Then, suitably refreshed, I add a little salt to the drained tomatoes, a couple of torn basil leaves, and then crush until there are no big lumps. That's it for me. I find that one can of tomatoes does about 2 - 3 pizzas.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed, but what tomato sauce recipe are you all using?

I pour a can of Tesco's cheapest chopped tomatoes into a sieve over a bowl to drain excess juice, pour the excess juice into a glass and add vodka, ice and a dash of Worcester sauce. Then, suitably refreshed, I add a little salt to the drained tomatoes, a couple of torn basil leaves, and then crush until there are no big lumps. That's it for me. I find that one can of tomatoes does about 2 - 3 pizzas.
    Very good practice, but for the real game replace your can of cheap Tesco stuff by proper whole San Marzano tomatoes.

Why do you think the tomatoes are chopped before going into the can, and why are chopped cheaper than whole despite the extra step of work?

My first attempt at making and cooking a Pizza from scratch and cooking on the Weber bbq. I was pretty happy with it. One half Bianca, with Mascarpone, Mozzarella, Ham & Capers. The other half Margharita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it’s cheating but I used the Mutti pizza sauce last time. Bloody lovely

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    My first attempt at making and cooking a Pizza from scratch and cooking on the Weber bbq. I was pretty happy with it. One half Bianca, with Mascarpone, Mozzarella, Ham & Capers. The other half Margharita.

Good effort - always hard to cook without seeing it! I added briquettes to the grill itself, to get more heat over the top, like a pizza oven does. Found it helped with cooking base & topping together.

Damn your bbq is shiny inside - you need to play with some low & slow smoking recipes and get it a bit less clean lol.

Good effort - always hard to cook without seeing it! I added briquettes to the grill itself, to get more heat over the top, like a pizza oven does. Found it helped with cooking base & topping together.

Damn your bbq is shiny inside - you need to play with some low & slow smoking recipes and get it a bit less clean lol.
    Thanks very much. It won’t be staying shiny for long. It’s brand new. It will definitely be on smoking duties too.

If you want to bake pizzas in your Weber, get a pizza ring. They help keeping the crucial heat inside. You problem with your setup is that you don't have enough heat from above, because every time you open the lid to launch a new pizza, all your heat disappears. You have enough heat to bake the bottom, but the top remains soggy and unbaked.

Those rings are not expensive, can be bought at your local DIY or eBay.

Master
    Very good shout, had forgotten those existed.

Agreed, didn't know there was such a thing!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Guanciale and burrata. Never tried that before, but it smells very nice.

Not once has my dough rose like that around the edges in the ooni 16. Always comes out stogie and never light and fluffy.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Not once has my dough rose like that around the edges in the ooni 16. Always comes out stogie and never light and fluffy.
    In all likelihood, your Ooni is innocent. You need to look at your dough recipe.

Yesterday we had Carbonara.

Master
    That looks fantastic, a simple dish that with good quality ingredients is mind-blowing.

Can you edit out things like the pasta machine, or any other gadgets you have that will take me into a rabbit hole of research and spending please in future :D

Craftsman
    I know it's hot but couldn't resist.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Sunday's bash with more and more pumpkin puree base

Pitch

Master
    Blog Entries
    FYI many of the supermarket frozen pizzas are made by Freiberger / Dr Oetker/ Chigao town, they use to store them at Reed Boardall, Boroughbridge.
    Last edited by Bry1975; 10th August 2022 at 15:46.

Looks very nice pitch!

We tried poolish this weekend, worked out okay except I made the dough too high hydration and it was a nightmare to handle, 3 pizzas were sacrificed to the flames

These all look amazing chaps. Great to see the rapid progress you’re all making. I’m tempted to get an Effeuno P134 and looking at their Facebook page, they’re offering a really decent 20% discount right now. I can’t seem to find a way to get delivery to England though… Question to the Effeuno owners… Where’s the best place to get one?

https://www.facebook.com/effeuno.forni.pizza.elettrici/

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by galewis View Post
    These all look amazing chaps. Great to see the rapid progress you’re all making. I’m tempted to get an Effeuno P134 and looking at their Facebook page, they’re offering a really decent 20% discount right now. I can’t seem to find a way to get delivery to England though… Question to the Effeuno owners… Where’s the best place to get one?

Gary
    You can order one for pickup at the factory and organise shipping yourself.

Sunday's bash with more and more pumpkin puree base

Pitch
    Is the pumpkin puree people are using the same as American stuff sold for pumpkin pie (cheaper and more readily available) or it really has to be the Italian ingredient?

Gary
    Haven't got one or used them but know available from Black Rock Grill.

Gary
    As a possible alternative, I saw one of these similar Sage pizza ovens in John Lewis over the weekend Seemed very solidly made.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/reviews/...zzaiolo-review

As a possible alternative, I saw one of these similar Sage pizza ovens in John Lewis over the weekend Seemed very solidly made.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/reviews/...zzaiolo-review
    Lidl had one for £130 which looked pretty decent.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Is the pumpkin puree people are using the same as American stuff sold for pumpkin pie (cheaper and more readily available) or it really has to be the Italian ingredient?

Haven't got one or used them but know available from Black Rock Grill.
    I’m using the Italian stuff from AdM. I do water it down a bit.

Pitch

I’m using the Italian stuff from AdM. I do water it down a bit.

Pitch
    Thanks, will take a look.

You can order one for pickup at the factory and organise shipping yourself.
    Thanks Raffe…. I didn’t notice that. Will do some research into courier collection costs to uk!

Gary

One of my clients is originally from Napoli and a huge pizza aficionado. I travel regularly to Italy and asked him where the absolute best pizza is. His answer. The best pizza in the world is in Trafalgar Square, London at a restaurant called 50 Kalo!

I'll have to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    One of my clients is originally from Napoli and a huge pizza aficionado. I travel regularly to Italy and asked him where the absolute best pizza is. His answer. The best pizza in the world is in Trafalgar Square, London at a restaurant called 50 Kalo!

I'll have to try it!
    B/S

The best pizza in the UK is made by pitch.

Actually judging by the pics this is probably true
    B/S

Blog Entries
    The best pizza I have ever eaten are at Sorbillo in Naples, or DaMichele or Francesco&Salvatore Salvo -all in Naples.

Another of the Salvo brothers, Ciro Salvo, has two pizzerie called 50 Kalo’ (accent on the O), one in Naples and one in London.

So I guess the London one must be the best in UK (except Pitch).

Master
    Blog Entries
    In all likelihood, your Ooni is innocent. You need to look at your dough recipe.
    What would you say I need?

I use very strong white flour, salt, water and dry yeast. 24 hour proofing.

Master
    I seem to have lost my pizza mojo recently, had the first pizza of the year last Sunday, the wife’s out tonight so I’ve knocked up a single six hour ball for me for later & out of interest I looked up when I got my Uuni oven, June 2016 so just over six years old & still in service.

Happy Belated Birthday my little Uuni 2S.

Blog Entries
    B/S

So kind 😊

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    What would you say I need?

I use very strong white flour, salt, water and dry yeast. 24 hour proofing.
    Download the Pizza+ app and follow the recipe. I recommend a 24 hour proof at room temperature, maybe 62 to 65% hydration to start.

Master
    Had a lovely pizza for one for tea

Master
    Blog Entries
    Download the Pizza+ app and follow the recipe. I recommend a 24 hour proof at room temperature, maybe 62 to 65% hydration to start.
    I use the pizza app every time! As well as the 24h proof.