closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 701 to 738 of 738

Thread: The Pizza Thread.... show off...

  1. #701
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    2,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Make your own dough. Bought dough is shite.
    I will Raffe but just wondered how well it stands up for a quick fix...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #702
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Waitrose haul.


  3. #703
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    20,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    I will Raffe but just wondered how well it stands up for a quick fix...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Takes 30 minutes to make your own. Why bother with substandard stuff from the supermarket?

    Would you buy their cooked meals?

  4. #704
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    170
    Are there any recommendations for types of wood logs to use in a wood fired oven for pizza or other oven cooked dishes?

  5. #705
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    20,354
    The official Neapolitan Pizza Association recommends wood such as Oak, Ash, Beech and Maple.

    https://www.pizzanapoletana.org/publ...008%2520UK.pdf

  6. #706
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    The official Neapolitan Pizza Association recommends wood such as Oak, Ash, Beech and Maple.

    https://www.pizzanapoletana.org/publ...008%2520UK.pdf
    Thanks Raffle, if you also have any recommendations of suppliers, that would be great.

  7. #707
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Coming Straight Outer Trumpton
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Thanks Raffle, if you also have any recommendations of suppliers, that would be great.
    Iím not sure the suppliers in LŽtzebuerg will deliver to the UK...

  8. #708
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    20,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Iím not sure the suppliers in LŽtzebuerg will deliver to the UK...
    I had someone with a tractor deliver a pallette of oak wood a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what their charges would be for a quick trip to the UK?


  9. #709
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Mendips
    Posts
    3,108
    I saw an ooni video, which stated that if solid wood is used, you should keep the door closed during the cooking process. Yet almost all videos I've seen has show the cook turning the pizza every 20 seconds or so. How does it pan out in real life? A complete novice unable to see the pizza sounds like a recipe for disaster.

  10. #710
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I had someone with a tractor deliver a pallette of oak wood a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what their charges would be for a quick trip to the UK?

    Good work Raffe!! Never take half measures!

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  11. #711
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Iím not sure the suppliers in LŽtzebuerg will deliver to the UK...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I had someone with a tractor deliver a pallette of oak wood a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what their charges would be for a quick trip to the UK?

    Thanks chaps, as if I'd known each member's location...

  12. #712
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Coming Straight Outer Trumpton
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Thanks chaps, as if I'd known each member's location...
    Well it is on each post, between the join date and their post count...

  13. #713
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well it is on each post, between the join date and their post count...
    I'll make sure to check, thank you

  14. #714
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well it is on each post, between the join date and their post count...
    It isnít on Tapatalk.

  15. #715
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Coming Straight Outer Trumpton
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    It isnít on Tapatalk.
    Taptalk is not the forum...

  16. #716
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Taptalk is not the forum...
    Not that it is essential information, but I use Tapatalk for all of this forums topics and engagements.

    Your point is clear, I'll consider it for future. Let's move on and continue with the topic of the thread.

  17. #717
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    170
    A couple of weeks ago I've asked a question about which oil to use for a garlic pizza, and have forgotten to report back with the results.

    As you guys suggested, virgin olive oil did the trick, attaching the result

  18. #718
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    673
    With the high winds, no pizza for me this weekend. The Koda does not cope well and blows out unfortunately.(luckily it cuts off gas too). Family needed a break anyway lol.

    I am looking at repositioning, but tricky with my garden.

  19. #719
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Taptalk is not the forum...
    Neither is Chrome, Firefox or whatever you might be using to view it.

  20. #720
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Coming Straight Outer Trumpton
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Neither is Chrome, Firefox or whatever you might be using to view it.
    True, but they are platform independent applications that display the forum in its native format, web browsers are accepted as the generic window to the www is taptalk?

  21. #721
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    2,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Thatís looking pretty good Matt, well done pal.

    The boy is coming good 

    Pitch
    Getting there mate, although the attempt at a dessert pizza was awful. Perhaps the olive oil drizzle made it burn too quickly (literally just dough & oil on it), but the b****d puffed up all over the place, middle of the pizza was a random 4" high bubble that clearly burnt within seconds!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Waitrose haul.

    Will have to keep an eye out for those, bought 1kg of grated mozzarella from Costco & then found the better stuff from A di Maria when I was ordering my tinned toms etc Oh well, am sure I will find somewhere locally that I can get decent dry mozzarella from. Noticed Costco do it in a 1kg block, but always nervous messing about with such sizes if it is awful.

  22. #722
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    20,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Getting there mate, although the attempt at a dessert pizza was awful. Perhaps the olive oil drizzle made it burn too quickly (literally just dough & oil on it), but the b****d puffed up all over the place, middle of the pizza was a random 4" high bubble that clearly burnt within seconds!
    You need ice cubes.


  23. #723
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    2,828
    Cheers, very interesting.

    Was also convinced the pIzza was you to look awful based on how the raw dough shape was; might try that edge technique next time.

  24. #724
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Useful Raffe.

    Iím going to try the mozzarella this afternoon Matt. I did a big dough batch yesterday afternoon for balling 2ish today. Moved quantities up to 280g balls, 63% plus level spoon of caster sugar in the water when dissolving the fresh yeast out of the freezer.

    Have an enjoyable day all.

    Pitch

  25. #725
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Nairn, Scotland
    Posts
    484
    Got the Uuni 2s out at the weekend, cleaned it up; remembered that Iíd taken the pizza stone indoors and put it in a Ďsafeí place in order to protect it from frost but couldnít for the life of me remember where Iíd put it! Couple of hours of searching and found it wrapped in bubble wrap on top of the kitchen cupboards!! Anyway, Saturday was very windy with us in the North of Scotland, so set it up in the BBQ hut, filled the pellet hopper and fired it up. Had to play about a bit with timings but by the third pizza (mine), result wasnít half bad.
    Ordered two new peels. A bit heavy on the toppings mushroom, black pudding, goats cheese, cherry toms.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #726
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    2,828
    ^ more pics of the bbq hut please!

    I like lots of toppings on pizzas and trying to refrain. I love the flavour profile of Pizza Hut super supreme as reminds me of my childhood, but far too many toppings to source & ruin a pizza like these.

    Any good recommendations for spicy pepperoni, all the supermarket stuff Iíve tried has been average.

    Annoyingly when I was consulting for a company in St Albans 3 yrs ago it was 100m from a great Italian deli. Wish I had that option these days. However almost half way round the M25 as a commute wasnít fun.

    No pizza for me now until Friday as on lockdown weight loss diet!

  27. #727
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,001
    Mine from yesterday. Bit heavy handed with the cheese but it tasted superb.


  28. #728
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    1,394
    My Ooni Karu should land in about 3 weeks.

    Iíve been doing a lot of BBQing recently, smoking pork spare ribs, pork baby back ribs, beef short ribs, pork shoulder, etc. so Iím very excited to add pizza to the outdoor cooking repertoire.

    Iíll be reading through this entire thread beforehand to pick up some tips.

  29. #729
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Mine from yesterday. Bit heavy handed with the cheese but it tasted superb.

    Thatís looking good, my first just out

    Pitch

  30. #730
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Fist one out.

    I mixed the mutti above with garlic purťe straight from the tin but itís too watery, need cooking down.

    Pitch


  31. #731
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Mendips
    Posts
    3,108
    That's a hell of a crust!

  32. #732
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,152
    That looks tasty!

    Still looking at a gas powered koda. I donít make huge pizzas so currently preferring the normal one over 16 inch.

    With a gas powered koda, how long would a small gas tank typically last? Any chance you run empty half way? Do owners keep a spare tank or how does that work?

    Last recollection of using a gas tank was camping in the 80ís with my dad.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #733
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    That looks tasty!

    Still looking at a gas powered koda. I donít make huge pizzas so currently preferring the normal one over 16 inch.

    With a gas powered koda, how long would a small gas tank typically last? Any chance you run empty half way? Do owners keep a spare tank or how does that work?

    Last recollection of using a gas tank was camping in the 80ís with my dad.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had these fears. Best thing to do weigh the can before a big cook so you know the tolerance. I did that and found I had half of a full size patio container to go. Given lock down etc, did not want to take risk, so bought another which is at the back of the garden now. Ultimate peace of mind should it run out when you are trying to show off to family or friends! (Can you imagine, getting dough, toppings, sauce ready, family / friends assembled...and then...1 pizza in your gas runs out!)

    But yes, I have had many cooks and the gas isn't running out anywhere near as quickly as on my 4 burner BBQ (for obv reasons - Koda does not have as many burners, and does not need to be on for anywhere near as long).

  34. #734
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I had these fears. Best thing to do weigh the can before a big cook so you know the tolerance. I did that and found I had half of a full size patio container to go. Given lock down etc, did not want to take risk, so bought another which is at the back of the garden now. Ultimate peace of mind should it run out when you are trying to show off to family or friends! (Can you imagine, getting dough, toppings, sauce ready, family / friends assembled...and then...1 pizza in your gas runs out!)

    But yes, I have had many cooks and the gas isn't running out anywhere near as quickly as on my 4 burner BBQ (for obv reasons - Koda does not have as many burners, and does not need to be on for anywhere near as long).
    Thanks for that. My fear exactly :-) good point on the burners as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #735
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,553
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ooooohhhh the crust.

    Hydration was too high for me to handle plus I think my hands are too wet when balling which did not help, but pleased with tonightís

    Pitch


  36. #736
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Ooooohhhh the crust.

    Hydration was too high for me to handle plus I think my hands are too wet when balling which did not help, but pleased with tonightís

    Pitch

    Seems to work though!

  37. #737
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    2,828

    The Pizza Thread.... show off...

    Looking good there Paul!

    What was the hydration?

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #738
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LŽtzebuerg
    Posts
    20,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Ooooohhhh the crust.

    Hydration was too high for me to handle plus I think my hands are too wet when balling which did not help, but pleased with tonightís

    Pitch

    Looks very good to me.

    As I wrote before, I do the repeated S&F with wet hands, but the balling-up with dry hands and some flour on the surface.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information