closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 2665

Thread: The Pizza Thread.... show off...

Craftsman
    Ah that's amazing! Is it still in use or pretty much an admiration piece?

Back on the pizza topic, I found Nouvola to give much softer and airy dough, but also more delicate when stretching.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Ah that's amazing! Is it still in use or pretty much an admiration piece?

Back on the pizza topic, I found Nouvola to give much softer and airy dough, but also more delicate when stretching.
    It was but not for the last twelve months. I will leave until the spring now. Only changers are electronic ignition, new fuel tank and a dr barrel kit for a bit more go. All the original bits are boxed.

I used the Nuvola last weekend and was very happy hence the 25kg purchase over the blue. Two long fermentation’s for tonight with ADY and another with my sourdough starter, let’s see what this week’s guests think.

I am trying it with a 8 hour RT also today and with use it for tonight’s sourdough loaf.

Pitch

Master
    My 1st attempts using the ooni and I was very happy with the taste and the kids loved it!

Additionally a local Italian chef put me on to a Italian deli local to me who sells pre rolled dough for 10” pizzas using 00 flour 4 for £1.50 which seemed a bargain and he highly recommended the sauce (I note it’s what others use)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Good work! Great result for first attempt...my first attempt ended up in the bin!

Blog Entries
    Great stuff and good to get the kids involved

Pitch

Aaarrrggghhhhhh!

Sunday pizza

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

This thread made me put a pizza in the oven, not homemade unfortunately. Heinz Garlic Mayonnaise Dip too! I recommend the dip if you like the dominoes dips!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Sunday pizza

Looks awesome

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    This thread made me put a pizza in the oven, not homemade unfortunately. Heinz Garlic Mayonnaise Dip too! I recommend the dip if you like the dominoes dips!

Yes, my wife cannot eat pizza without dip & also agrees with you on the Heinz front.

Chaps in case anybody is looking for an Uuni3 Ive just put mine up on SC

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...i-3-Pizza-Oven

Cheers Keith

Calzone out of the Effeuno.

Master
    That looks great! Is there anything different prep wise? Assuming thicker base, fill, fold and cook lower for longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    That looks great! Is there anything different prep wise? Assuming thicker base, fill, fold and cook lower for longer?
    Same base, fill with whatever you like but it's got to be a bit more liquid. I like egg, ricotta, buffalo, olives and salami. Then fold one half over and spread some tomatoes on top. Pinch a small hole into the top so it doesn't burst.

Bake it 4 to 5 minutes at 350 degrees or at the mouth of a wood-fired oven.

Craftsman
    How thin do you go on the dough approximately? I found it to go soggy quickly an either tear or stick on the bottom.

Master
    Cheers, will have to give that a go as love them! Am sure the first will be as successful as my first pizza lol

Inspired by you and this thread I have ordered today a Ooni gas oven. With 10% newsletter discount. New hobby...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Craftsman
    The moment when you think you're taking a photo, but it's a video...

A tre formaggi today as we didn't have the fourth - Parmesan, Mozzarella & Gorgonzola on 48h dough from Nouvola.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5f415d5a...822_181820.mp4

A young lad in the town has set up his own wood fired pizza business, to say they’re are fantastic is an understatement
    With his father he converted an old horse box and and stuck a huge wood oven on the back.
    Sorry not my work but just wanted to share

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    A young lad in the town has set up his own wood fired pizza business, to say they’re are fantastic is an understatement
    With his father he converted an old horse box and and stuck a huge wood oven on the back.
    Sorry not my work but just wanted to share
    There is a guy who does music festivals who has one in the back of a Defender!.

(no affiliation)

https://www.thepizzaguy.co.uk
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    There is a guy who does music festivals who has one in the back of a Defender!.

(no affiliation)

https://www.thepizzaguy.co.uk
    His Italian sausage and pepper baguettes look the bo**ock*

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    His Italian sausage and pepper baguettes look the bo**ock*
    It is really good food!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    OK, so the second successful 4 people requiring pizza cooking.

Currently cook 1 pizza, divide into 4 and we eat, I then prep & cook the next. Feel like I am running around all over the place.

Can I keep some warm in an oven, or will this ruin the texture vs fresh?

Any other tips to turn them out quickly?

After some practice, I can open, stretch and prepare a pizza while the one before is baking. Not much margin for error, but it works.

Will do four pizzas in less than 10 minutes.

Master
    That’s some skill there! I’ve no chance, especially as the kitchen and oven are more than 20s apart so wouldn’t be able to turn the pizza at all.

Master
    That’s some skill there! I’ve no chance, especially as the kitchen and oven are more than 20s apart so wouldn’t be able to turn the pizza at all.
    I’ve struggled with this and have experimented with having the wife cook the pizzas while I prep, either cremated ruins or holed and mucked up stone. We’ve tried the mrs making them and me cooking but again it’s not great, either a 5” pizza from a 7” ball or some unholy thing welded to the peel. And tbh not worth the domestic aggravation.

I’ve tried getting guests to cook / top there own as part of the fun and that can be okay but I still need to stretch and prep the peel and cook as that’s the ‘art’ on a pellet driven oven.

I’m not a fan in keeping warm in an oven and so prefer slightly staggered eating, I can knock out a pizza every 4-5 mins including cooking time so the wait isn’t terrible and if it’s more than four I just go to slices rather than individual pizza

Master
    We work on the slices vs whole pizzas, just feels I’m rushing about a lot. I have asked my wife to try shaping / cooking but she isn’t a fan.

Couple of low level cock ups yesterday but all recovered. Learning 1, spherical mini beef & pork balls is not clever. On launch they roll off the front. Lesson learned.

Learning 2, launch it properly. Rear edge stuck & stretched out to hang about 1cm our from the stone. Clearly wasn’t going to cook so had to turn the oven off to cook the base enough to allow me to try and get the peel through the dough without tearing it. Managed it, but wasn’t the best looking effort of the day.

Same pizza entertaining next weekend. The Ooni has become the replacement for pulled pork & ribs which is all everyone wanted before from the egg.

Usually make my own pizza sauce from the ooni recipe, having made a 2.5kg batch last time. I am going to try the Mutti sauce I picked up recently and see if making it from scratch is worth it. Still have another 3 x 2.5kg tins of San M tomatoes to use at some point, so hoping Mutti isn’t the answer!

Master
    We work on the slices vs whole pizzas, just feels I’m rushing about a lot. I have asked my wife to try shaping / cooking but she isn’t a fan.

Couple of low level cock ups yesterday but all recovered. Learning 1, spherical mini beef & pork balls is not clever. On launch they roll off the front. Lesson learned.

Learning 2, launch it properly. Rear edge stuck & stretched out to hang about 1cm our from the stone. Clearly wasn’t going to cook so had to turn the oven off to cook the base enough to allow me to try and get the peel through the dough without tearing it. Managed it, but wasn’t the best looking effort of the day.

Same pizza entertaining next weekend. The Ooni has become the replacement for pulled pork & ribs which is all everyone wanted before from the egg.

Usually make my own pizza sauce from the ooni recipe, having made a 2.5kg batch last time. I am going to try the Mutti sauce I picked up recently and see if making it from scratch is worth it. Still have another 3 x 2.5kg tins of San M tomatoes to use at some point, so hoping Mutti isn’t the answer!

Some folk on fb ‘rave’ about pizza screens, I’ve never used one so can’t comment, they are meant to allow you to stretch a number of bases and potentially top or allow your guests to top and let you focus on cooking.

https://www.ggmgastro.com/gb/pizza-s...BoCPfMQAvD_BwE

That said looking at how far you’ve come since getting the oven I’d suggest it’s just a bit more practice. Do you set your workspace out the same every time? I found that was one of the key aspects.
    Another option is get a second wooden peel and build two pizza at a time and cook in succession to minimise guest waiting time.

Master
    Thanks, had looked at the screens and they have their supporters, but I’m not yet convinced.

I need to get my flow better to be honest, I have a wooden peel to launch & aluminium to turn. Keep meaning to order a second wooden one, then always forget & guest arrival vs delivery never align so I don’t order - some weird logic there as would have had it weeks ago if I’d ordered!

Currently my building of pizza involves stretching, realising I let the wooden peel outside post launch & having to retrieve it. I then carry pizza to the oven, launch & then realise the aluminium one is in the kitchen from where I put the pizza on a board. Frantic rush to retrieve ahead of the required turn.

I either need to think more, or have multiple peels! Pizzas are almost the reverse of my low & slow bbq cooking over 14+hrs, all relaxed, slow and simple. Finding pizzas much more frantic, and managed to get a couple of balls wrong & needing time re-ball, hoping they relaxed enough by the time I got to them.

You’re right it’s been a great journey in a relatively short period of time & am sure it will start to feel more relaxing / fun cooking for 4+, whereas after the 4th yesterday I was completely shattered from it all, and the kitchen was as though some form of flour bomb had gone off. Not sure how that happened to be honest.

Another practice at the weekend though, will get the hang of it!

Have you considered:

?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Have you considered:

?
    Remind me not to invite you for pizza next time you are in my country.

Master
    Remind me not to invite you for pizza next time you are in my country.
    Although I’m liking the idea of some tomato slices and L&P on a pizza. I shall sell my Ooni tomorrow for my sins!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Have you considered:

?
    Excellent choice! Great, quick, tasty food! I need to make one now!!!

This is a fantastic thread! The setups and the dough science make fantastic reading.

I've been going back and forth on how to improve my pizza game - I finally ordered a roccbox on the weekend. I see it very much as a halfway measure to test my pizza mettle. If it proves its worth I'll look to upgrade to a permanent wood fired dome in the near future.

Will update this thread when I have a pizza to share.

Master

Paddles

Was at a bit of a loose end this afternoon so I had some ply - knocked up 4 paddles
    So I won’t be ‘without a paddle’
    FBACC729-2497-47A9-B748-850AC904212B by biglewie, on Flickr

Made Pizza Fiocco yesterday, plus an experimental variation of it.

This is the Fiocco:

...and this my own variation, with fennel salciccia and cepes instead of ham:

Master
    Looking great there, still unsure of the carb on carbs, almost a higher class pizza & chips!

Have to try a white sauce pizza, got into a bit of a rutt always doing the same pizzas.

Craftsman
    I do one at a time. The pros in pizzarias tend to have a maker/stretcher/topper and someone to launch/turn/remove. Respect to you Raffe if you can stretch a 2nd before first turn is needed!

...carb on carbs...
    Don't knock it 'till you tried it. The best pizza I have ever eaten.

Master
    Don't knock it 'till you tried it. The best pizza I have ever eaten.
    Wow, given the number you cook I will bow to your view. The face my wife just pulled when I suggested it may mean I’m eating alone

As an aside, had sister-in-law up Saturday & cooking 4 pizzas back to back was much less stressful than the previous week. Guess practice helps. My kitchen looked like a flour bomb had gone off though.

My folks up next weekend. Rinse & repeat. Pizza has become the new pulled pork & ribs for any visitors it seems.

The Pizza Thread.... show off...

Made a few on my Ooni Pro today, best one here-

Not that impressed with the oven TBH, never got on with burning wood, required constant refuelling and switched to gas. Never really gets up to temperature (max probably ~270) and gas cuts off if pizza door used.
    Hope to buy (or even build) something better for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Made a few on my Ooni Pro today, best one here-

Not that impressed with the oven TBH, never got on with burning wood, required constant refuelling and switched to gas. Never really gets up to temperature (max probably ~270) and gas cuts off if pizza door used.
    Hope to buy (or even build) something better for next year.
    Shouldn’t the door be open constantly when using the gas attachment?

The Pizza Thread.... show off...

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    Shouldn’t the door be open constantly when using the gas attachment?
    No, the pizza door can be used. Just checked the user manual. Might not make much difference but hoped might get a bit hotter with it.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 6th September 2020 at 09:06.

Master
    They look amazing!! Waiting for an invite :-)

Made Pizza Fiocco yesterday, plus an experimental variation of it.

This is the Fiocco:

...and this my own variation, with fennel salciccia and cepes instead of ham:

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    @kingstepper...I know you’ve read the manual but it’s amazing what you can possibly miss.

Just to confirm...you are using the correct gas (propane)?,you have adjusted the temperature knob at the back of the gas burner?you have the chimney vent closed and the door shut?
    It should take about 15-20 minutes to come up to full heat which is slower than if using wood.

I might be teaching you to suck eggs but, on the other hand, you might have missed something obvious!
    Last edited by village; 6th September 2020 at 09:25.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    No, the pizza door can be used. Just checked the user manual. Might not make much difference but hoped might get a bit hotter with it.
    Interesting. I was fairly sure when we got the gas attachment that I’d read not to use the door. The pizzas take longer but if you can it will speed things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Interesting. I was fairly sure when we got the gas attachment that I’d read not to use the door in place. The pizzas take longer but if you can it will speed things up.
    It might but as I said, my burner cuts out after a few minutes with the door. You might be lucky if the vents/chimney are set differently. Obviously this is the pizza door, not the glass one.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    @kingstepper...I know you’ve read the manual but it’s amazing what you can possibly miss.

Just to confirm...you are using the correct gas (propane)?,you have adjusted the temperature knob at the back of the gas burner?you have the chimney vent closed and the door shut?
    It should take about 15-20 minutes to come up to full heat which is slower than if using wood.

I might be teaching you to suck eggs but, on the other hand, you might have missed something obvious!
    Yes, using Calor Patio Gas, burner on full and cover (not door) shut. Instructions do say open chimney vent but have probably tried most combinations.

Think Raffe has posted previously that his never got hot enough and he sold it on.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 6th September 2020 at 11:10. Reason: spelling

I also never got along with the Ooni Pro with gas. Sold it, bought an Effeuno and never looked back.

Like the look of the Effeuno but kitchen space is limited and wouldn’t get past Mrs K.
    Outside is my domain and can more or less buy what I want.

Master
    Forgot to add we ordered the san marzano tomatoes and they were really good.

When ordering the tomatoes we came across a jar of nduja which we’ve noticed seems to have been on all the local pizzeria menus in the last 2 or 3 years and I always get (as by my name we live in Devon so are approximately a decade or two behind the times ). Really adds to our homemade pizzas, delicious!