closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 951 to 992 of 992

Thread: The Pizza Thread.... show off...

  1. #951
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    3,099
    Another Koda owner here. I spent so long bouncing between models that the Koda 16 launched & I went for that.

    As has been said, the convenience and ease means it gets used a lot. I seem to have consumed more gas than I expected though; probably due to a couple of ruined pizzas and 30mins each time having to burn it off.

    Am playing gas roulette this weekend as both 13kg ones are on ‘low’ but have a couple of kilos in them. Could be fun...

  2. #952
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,795
    After some advice as having jumped on the char pizza oven for that to fall through ive now managed to order an ooni Fyra and it should be here this week, I’m all new to this so appreciate some advice on what accessories I need and also where to get them and so would appreciate the advice of the multiple experts here

    I think I need
    Pellets (so many to choose)
    A peel (what’s the best)
    Infrared thermometer
    Do they make a gas conversion??? Is that the better option?

    As such I’d be most grateful for any pointers and recommendations

    Thanks in advance

  3. #953
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,104
    Quick 8 hour prove today, chorizo, n’duja and a little chilli oil for dipping



  4. #954
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    3,099
    Looking really good with that crust, or whatever I am meant to call it!

    I see a few posts with quite a large proportion of the pizza diameter taken up as crust. Perhaps I’m not ‘right’ but prefer topping & the middle bit to crust!

  5. #955
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    79

    Pizza Pilgrims frying pan method

  6. #956
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by bbb View Post

    Pizza Pilgrims frying pan method
    That’s the method I’ve been using, Pizza Pilgrims have been great with all of the tutorials through the lockdown period.

  7. #957
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,017
    Wow, that pan method looks interesting.

  8. #958
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1
    24 hour here we go.

    Nuvola with fresh yeast and the other with my sourdough starter. 270g x 5 for both.

    Pitch



  9. #959
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,116
    1st try with the Fyra tonight
    Not too bad
    Sorry - frozen dough
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

  10. #960
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,104
    Tonight’s effort


  11. #961
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    21,311
    A real beauty!

  12. #962
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    3,099
    3 home made 72hr balls (currently frozen) for Saturday, and will make some 8 / 48hr dough for the final two, not decided yet but shattered after the 4th 14hr day this week, so might not be bothered.

    Life is too short, want more time making pizza.

  13. #963
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gateshead
    Posts
    437
    I'm sorting options for turning my carport into an outdoor kitchen, I like your table, would you mind sharing where you got it? thanks joe

    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    1st try with the Fyra tonight
    Not too bad
    Sorry - frozen dough
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

  14. #964
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    After some advice as having jumped on the char pizza oven for that to fall through ive now managed to order an ooni Fyra and it should be here this week, I’m all new to this so appreciate some advice on what accessories I need and also where to get them and so would appreciate the advice of the multiple experts here

    I think I need
    Pellets (so many to choose)
    A peel (what’s the best)
    Infrared thermometer
    Do they make a gas conversion??? Is that the better option?

    As such I’d be most grateful for any pointers and recommendations

    Thanks in advance
    Can't help with most of that as i've not purchased one yet, but i do know that the Fyra can't take the gas conversion, it's pellet only
    I think i've ruled out pellet, but i'm torn between the gas only Koda or the charcoal/wood Karu and then get a gas conversion, but that will cost me an extra £65 over the Koda

  15. #965
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,116
    I picked it up locally (id been looking for a while) on gumtree £40 its stainless steel so perfect

  16. #966
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    954
    Pizza party oven a few weeks ago



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #967
    Craftsman canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1978 View Post
    I'm sorting options for turning my carport into an outdoor kitchen, I like your table, would you mind sharing where you got it? thanks joe
    IKEA made some very similar if that’s one isn’t IKEA. It looks exactly like ours at the cottage.

  18. #968
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    21,311
    Quote Originally Posted by rowbie View Post
    Pizza party oven a few weeks ago



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice to see I am not the only one.

  19. #969
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    3,099
    I just wished there was an option without 'pizza party' on the front, just cheapens what is an amazing oven IMHO.

  20. #970
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    21,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I just wished there was an option without 'pizza party' on the front, just cheapens what is an amazing oven IMHO.
    There you go, costs 30 Euro extra:


  21. #971
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I like that, I also like their new metal faced one.

  22. #972
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I just wished there was an option without 'pizza party' on the front, just cheapens what is an amazing oven IMHO.
    I like the ‘pizza party’ name, think it’s a bit cheesy.
    best said with a jokey Italian accent


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #973
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    There you go, costs 30 Euro extra:
    Damn it, my wife will go mental if I upgrade already!




    2.5kg of San M tomatoes ready for a batch making of sauce today. Also my first time cooking for 4 rather than the 2 of us.

  24. #974
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    21,311
    You know that you need one...

  25. #975
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    L And my first ever dessert pizza: strawberries and rasberries, enriched with a gentle dose of mascarpone:



    How was it?
    We sometimes do Nutella pizzas for dessert and add banana occasionally (like a calzone). Delicious with ice cream.

  26. #976
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    You know that you need one...
    Stop it..this forum costs me so much money, had one Omega for c.17yrs until I found this place!

  27. #977
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    3,099
    Love the idea of pizza dessert, but never have any room!

    Given I can devour a large dominos in a siting I don't get why I am full after a 250g dough ball pizza, weird science stuff going on somewhere?!

  28. #978
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    21,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    How was it?
    We sometimes do Nutella pizzas for dessert and add banana occasionally (like a calzone). Delicious with ice cream.
    Very nice. Repeated the experiment with plums and that was even better.

    Just spread a little cream on a regular pizza, add the fruits and once baked, heap a generous portion of Mascarpone on top.

  29. #979
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    21,311
    While we are at it, last Sunday's effort:




  30. #980
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Very nice. Repeated the experiment with plums and that was even better.

    Just spread a little cream on a regular pizza, add the fruits and once baked, heap a generous portion of Mascarpone on top.
    We’ll try that next time, sounds good.

  31. #981
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,622
    Meant to ask, san Marzano tomatoes, where’s the best place to buy them? Haven’t seen them in any local supermarkets lately and can’t actually remember if I have before or not.

    And I’m wondering now if I’ve asked this question before!

  32. #982
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    21,311
    I am ordering tomatoes at www.mondogusto.de, best you can find. Not sure they are delivering to the UK, there might be better/cheaper for that?

    This is my favourite brand:

    https://www.mondogusto.de/detailansicht.asp?IDPR=1858

  33. #983
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I am ordering tomatoes at www.mondogusto.de, best you can find. Not sure they are delivering to the UK, there might be better/cheaper for that?

    This is my favourite brand:

    https://www.mondogusto.de/detailansicht.asp?IDPR=1858
    Luckily my wife speaks German so I’ll get her to look into it. Thanks.

  34. #984
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Meant to ask, san Marzano tomatoes, where’s the best place to buy them? Haven’t seen them in any local supermarkets lately and can’t actually remember if I have before or not.

    And I’m wondering now if I’ve asked this question before!
    Costco allegedly sell them but not looked as purchased 4 x 2.5kg cans from AdiMaria

  35. #985
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post

    Crocs??

  36. #986
    Grand Master Raffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lëtzebuerg
    Posts
    21,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Crocs??
    Proud and powerful.

  37. #987
    Long time pizza maker but using an electric oven.

    Now have this:



    Wondering where I can get 00 flour etc online as bored of the supermarkets selling out?

  38. #988
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Long time pizza maker but using an electric oven.

    Now have this:



    Wondering where I can get 00 flour etc online as bored of the supermarkets selling out?
    That's very stylish, what is it please?

    Bought my flour from A Di Maria BTW https://www.adimaria.co.uk/

  39. #989
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    3,099




    Second was an attempt to deep fill one. Sort of worked & like the texture with the veg still having a bite. Preferred the first but my wife was after variety

  40. #990
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    That's very stylish, what is it please?

    Bought my flour from A Di Maria BTW https://www.adimaria.co.uk/
    Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll take a look.

    The oven is a Morso Forno. It is very stylish which is one of the reasons I bought it.

    Comes as a complete package. The build quality is genuinely phenomenal.

    https://hearthandcook.com/product/mo...rno-terra-kit/

  41. #991
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,620
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post




    Second was an attempt to deep fill one. Sort of worked & like the texture with the veg still having a bite. Preferred the first but my wife was after variety
    I think we can say you have nailed it pal.

    Top marks

    Pitch

  42. #992
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    3,099
    I may have not posted the one I destroyed, but they still ate!

    Much more confident now on the shaping & turning. Some crusts higher than others but feels a vast improvement from my first few.

    Now time to up the hydration level and challenge myself again. Interestingly noticed no difference between the frozen dough & the fresh 60hr stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information