Let me start by making a dreadful confession, until recently I was a G-Shock brand hater. Sadly I dismissed them as lumps of plastic, often looking as though they had been built out of Lego and the type of thing you bought from Argos for a 12 year old nephew. So you could say I was not a fanboy of the brand.

Who better then to carry out an unbiased review

A few weeks back pictures started to appear in WT of a new G-Shock with a stainless steel bracelet in silver and gold and I began to think they look nice. The flat square screen bordered by a steel frame which extended into the bracelet looked cool. The more pictures I saw, the more I liked it. I even started to read about it to see what this new 35th anniversary release was all about.

To cut a long story short I took delivery of the silver yesterday (details about that came about can be found on a hero status for wileeeeeey).

Setting the basic time was fairly easy then onto the tricky business of adjusting the bracelet. Each link has a spring pin, but it is only half the width of the bracelet and sits in the centre section of each link. So you have to push a pin in and dislodge the centre section and repeat on the other side. A little fiddly but you get to grips after a few goes. Once sorted the bracelet is really comfortable and is a great bit of kit.

The next job was to download the App to my phone and then connect the Watch to the phone. There are decent instructions which are fairly easy to follow. You then end up with a watch that is updated four times a day.

In addition to that there is tracking which shows where the watch is.

And an additional click a detailed map.

Other things can be changed to suit your own tastes, I changed mine from May 6th to the 6th May - none of that American rubbish for me.

The watch also has an auto light in dark conditions. Turn your wrist 90 degrees to look at the time and the watch lights up. I have increased my light time from 2 to 4 seconds.

The watch has a whole host of international functions that I am unlikely to use like which cities to list on the time zone page etc.

So in conclusion, the watch doesn't need winding, it doesn't need setting, it doesn't need a regular battery change, is auto corrected 4 times a day and has a whole host of other features. Makes a normal three handed watch seem a little dull by comparison.

Could this be the only watch that you ever need...

Ken